One For Three

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

A few months after the marriage of Hyo Joo and Ji Hoo and it was the day of the triplets first birthday. While Jan Di had planned a small, low key party consisting of close friends and family coming over for a meal and some cake, Jun Pyo had other plans. While Jan Di was still sleeping in the early morning, Jun Pyo was outside in their back garden, making sure everything was set up just how he wanted it. He had a carousal, a spinning tea cup ride, a slushie machine, five bouncy castle and bumper cars. It was massive, and no one knew apart from him. Inside the house, the triplets where just waking up. As they where only a year old, they didn't really realise the day was any different from the others, so as normal they started crying in their cot, waiting for some one to come and get them some food. Jan Di, hearing their whines, sleepily climbed out of bed.

'Happy Birthday!' She yawned happily as she entered the room. The triplets didn't seem to know what this meant, but they saw their mother's happy face and they started smiling too. 'Yes, it's your birthday.' She cooed to them. She picked Jae Sun and Jae Hwa out of the cot, using up both her arms. Jin Ae didn't seem bothered by this. Jan Di was very careful to make sure she swapped around which children she picked up first in the morning so they wouldn't feel left out.

'Areum.' Jan Di called one of the maids who worked in the house. The maid walked in happily. All the staff had been treated better since Jan Di had moved in.

'Yes, Ma'am?' She asked walking in to the room.

'Could you help me get these three dressed, please.' Jan Di smiled. The maid nodded.

'Wait, wait!' Jun Pyo said walking in to the room. 'I'll get them ready. Jan Di. Just get your self ready. Every one's going to be arriving soon, you slept in late.'

'Well you should of woken me up then!' Jan Di replied in her normal half annoyed and half adoring tone she always used when talking to Jun Pyo. Her eyes flicked to his fully dressed state. He was wearing suit trousers, a shirt and a jumper. He looked good. 'What have you been doing if you where up so early?' There was a small bit of suspicion to her tone.

'I was just checking the ingredients where all in the kitchen.' He lied. Jan Di nodded, though she was still glancing around. She was always suspicious when it came to Jun Pyo's big events.

'Areum, you can have a rest then. Let him get them ready himself. I'm going to get dressed.' Jan Di and the maid left the room at the same time. Jun Pyo was handed the boys on Jan Di's way out. He locked the door behind his wife, and glanced over at the clothes she had prepared for the triplets. Three simple baby outfits made out of cotton. He shudder. Those where far too plain for any child of his. He had imported custom made designer outfits for his children's birthday. Jae Hwa had a white suit with a black bow tie, and Jae Sun had a black suit with a white bow tie. Jin Ae had a massive tutu skirt with layers of black and white in it. Her top was black, with a white pattern on it that looked like fish-scales. Because the skirt wouldn't stay up on her shapeless baby waist, a pair of while braces had been added. On her head sat a massive white bow headband. Jun Pyo smiled victoriously once they where all dressed.

'Jae Sun, looking good.' He said. He picked up Jae Sun's small hand and shook it.

'Mermaid, looking delightful.' He told his only daughter. He kissed her on both cheeks, which made her giggle.

'Jae Hwa, looking sharp.' He winked at his son. Jae Hwa tried to wink back, but instead he just blinked. Jun Pyo laughed. 'Lets get you guys downstairs before your mother finds out what I've planned.' He said. He was quite strong, so managed to pick up Jae Sun and Jin Ae in one arm, and Jae Hwa in the other. As he snook downstairs, the doorbell rung. It was Hyo Joo and Ji Hoo who'd arrived first. They didn't have any children to get ready, so of course they'd be quickest. The pair of them started laughing as they saw the triplets outfits.

'They're a little over dressed for babies, don't you think?' Hyo Joo asked. She spent a lot of time around babies in her line of work, but had never seen any that dressed like the Goo triplets. Jun Pyo frowned.

'Maybe you're just a little under dressed.' He snapped in reply.

Knowing his personality well after being married to his best friend for two months, Hyo Joo just nodded.

'Maybe.' She replied calmly. Ji Hoo laughed.

'Does Jan Di know they're wearing those outfits?' Ji Hoo asked. Jun Pyo didn't reply. In his arms the triplets started wriggling, making it almost impossible to hold on to all three of them.

'Hyo Joo, you're a children's doctor. That qualifies you to hold one of the triplets.' Jun Pyo announced. Hyo Joo laughed. She took Jae Sun out of his arms. Jae Sun immediately placed his chubby hands on Hyo Joo's neck.

'Woah. You're being too forward with my wife.' Ji Hoo joked, the small curls that had recently started growing on Jae Sun's head.

'What are they wearing?' Jan Di's voice called from the top of the stairs. Her hands where on her hips. Jun Pyo rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

'Clothes.' He replied.

'Not the ones I brought.' Jan Di replied.

'These look better.' Jun Pyo replied. Jan Di rolled her eyes.

'If this is all the trouble you're going to cause today, I'll let it go.' She said, reaching the bottom of the stairs. The door bell chimed again, so Jan Di went to get it. It was Ga Eul, Yi Jung and baby Sang Min.

'What on earth's outside? You can hear music from a mile away!' Ga Eul asked as soon as she stepped in to the house. Yi Jung came in behind her, carrying Sang Min.

'You can't hear it in here, thought. I guess that sound proofing was worth it.' Yi Jung commented.

'What's in the back garden?' Jae Kyung asked as she burst through the door. She hadn't rung the doorbell, and had just walked in. Woo Bin stepped in behind her.

'Yo, what's outside?' He asked.

'Goo Jun Pyo, what's in our garden?' Jan Di asked in a low tone. Jun Pyo chuckled. He passed Jin Ae to Ji Hoo so he would have a hand free to put around Jan Di's waist. He pulled her closer to him, put she struggled away. 'What's outside?' She demanded again.

'Where's Min Ki?' Jun Pyo asked Woo Bin, changing the subject.

'Jan Di's dad stole him, you know how much he loves babies. He's coming up the drive way slowly.' Jae Kyung replied. She had recently become a lot more relaxed about letting other people hold and look after Min Ki.

Jan Di was still struggling to get away from Jun Pyo. Finally she managed it, and ran through in to the garden. When she saw it, her anger of the fact he lied was soon replaced by the sweetness of how much work her husband had put in to ensure the triplets had a great first birthday party.

'Yah Goo Jun Pyo!' Jan Di shouted walking back in to the hallway. Jun Pyo looked over his shoulder.

'What?' He replied.

'You know sometimes your ideas aren't incredibly stupid.' She replied. Jun Pyo grinned. He slung his arm back around Jan Di's waist.

'I'm actually very intelligent.' He said arrogantly. Jan Di rolled her eyes. The F4 started laughing.

'Really?' Ji Hoo asked. 'Because I have some clear memories of you falling over your own feet.'

Jun Pyo turned slightly red. 'Aish. That never happened.' He snapped.

'I remember it.' Woo Bin laughed.

'So do I! I remember he went and burnt the cctv footage of the room afterwards.' Yi Jung said.

'Yah!' Jun Pyo held his fist up angrily. Every one laughed. A year ago it had been a very emotional day. The triplets had been born through emergency c-section and had struggled to stay alive as soon as they where born. Jun Pyo still remembered each heart breaking second it took him to get back from his business trip. He had worried he wasn't going to make it, and was going to be like his parents where when he was young, never there, and missing every birthday, every Christmas. The second his own children where born he knew he needed to be different. He was going to make sure he was with them as often as possible. He needed to make sure he was never going to miss a birthday, or a Christmas. He wanted to watch them grow, wanted to teach them about the stars and look at them together like his father had never done with him. He wanted to watch them take their first steps, and learn to ride a bike, wanted to watch Jin Ae swim, like her mother couldn't any more. This birthday was just the beginning. For him, his family, and the rest of the F4 who where all in happy relationships now. He could only wish this was the way it was going to stay for years to come.