Sealing Bonds

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

Some where across Seoul, in the plaza hotel Jun Pyo's family owned, Jan Di was being attacked by her over emotional family. Her mother was crying like crazy, but had luckily been sent out to go and take her seat in the audience. Kang San was not as bad as her mother, but he was just very excited. He too had been sent to sit down in the end. Now, she was just left with her bridesmaids; Ga Eul, Jae Kyung and Jun Hee. They all looked very pretty, but so did she. Her father was with her too, of course. He was sat in the corner crying a lot. This wasn't as bad as her mother who had been clinging on to Jan Di.

Then, a finely dressed man came in to the room. He was one of the many workers at the hotel. He announced to them, that it was time.

Suddenly Jan Di's heart jumped out of her chest. It was beating like crazy. Ga Eul turned around quickly.

'Fighting!' She told Jan Di. Jan Di nodded nervously. Her crying father took her arm, and they started walking through the hotel. Then they reached the outside of the ceremony room. Inside Jan Di could hear the buzz of people. They had kept it small, but invited every one they loved and trusted; which was still quiet a few people. The music started, and first walked in Jun Hee. Then Jae Kyung went, but Jan Di didn't feel too nervous until Ga Eul departed her side too. Then, it was her turn. She walked around the corner, holding tightly on to her dad's arm. She didn't dare to look up at first, she kept her gaze on the floor. But then she decided to probably needed to. She was Geum Jan Di, she could be brave. The second Jan Di looked up, was the second Jun Pyo turned around. He had been facing the front to try and contain his nervousness. He looked at her in her beautiful dress, with her beautiful hair, beautiful hair, beautiful everything; but he only truly saw the loud mouthed girl in her Shinhwa uniform, with the kind heart, that he had fallen in love with. He smiled so widely he thought his face was going to split in two. She blushed, and smiled back. Neither of them looked at anyone else, it was although they where the only two people in the world. Jan Di reached the top at the isle, and her sobbing father passed her hand to Jun Pyo. He bowed a low bow to Jan Di's father. Jan Di could feel Jun Pyo was shaking just as much as she was. They gripped on to each other's hand tightly, speaking when ever they where told to during the ceremony. Then finally, came those fabled words.

'Do you, Goo Jun Pyo, take Geum Jan Di as your lawful wedded wife?'

'I do.'

'And do you, Geum Jan Di, take Goo Jun Pyo, as your lawful wedded husband?'

'I do.'

'I now declare you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.' Said the officiant. Jan Di felt her heart lurch forward. Her hands went on to the collar on his suit, and his went to her waist.

As their marriage was sealed with a kiss loud cheers where heard from the witnesses. When they pulled back they grinned at each other like small children, and it was only when their friends came to congratulate them, that they realised anyone else was in the room at all. Through the crowd of people who wanted to greet them they kept a strong hold on each other.

Some time later, after what seemed like thousands of pictures of the bridal party where taken, the reception finally started.

'Yi Jung-Oppa!' Ga Eul yelled through the crowd. Yi Jung turned around and smiled.

'I was looking for you. Did you finish taking your pictures?' He asked. Ga Eul and the rest of the bridesmaids where the last to get photographed as a group.

'Yep... Oppa... do you want to meet my parents now?' Ga Eul asked. Now it was Yi Jung's turn for his heart to be racing.

'Of course I do.' He replied slightly nervously. He hid his nerves the best her could. Ga Eul smiled, but it was apparent she was nervous too. She linked her arm through his and pulled him through the crowds of people. Her parents where stood at the edge of the room. They where talking to Kang San. Ga Eul stopped in front of her parents with Yi Jung in tow. Her parents' eyes shot to Yi Jung quickly. Their eyes where both wide and curious. Kang San half ran off, leaving the four of them alone.

'This is Yi Jung.' Ga Eul said. He bowed a very low bow to her parents.

'It's very nice to meet you.' He said. He shook her mother's hand then her father's hand. Her mother looked at lot like Ga Eul did. But the strength that shone through Ga Eul's eyes was not there. Her mother's eyes where softer and calmer. Yi Jung had to stop him self from chuckling as he realised that she had not inherited that genetically, but rather it had rubbed off on her from too much time with Jan Di. Yi Jung was going to have to thank Jan Di for that later. Her father also seemed very calm, but he was standing with his chest puffed out a little. He was trying to be protective of Ga Eul.

'It's nice to finally meet you too.' Said Ga Eul's mother. 'You're the famous potter?'

'Yes Ma'am. I'll have to invite you to my next exhibition.' Yi Jung said charismatically. Ga Eul's mother smiled, while her husband tried to remained stony faced.

'I'd like that, but you don't have to call me Ma'am. You can call me Mother.' She smiled.

'Yes, Mother.' Yi Jung smiled.

'Appa.' Ga Eul said urging her father to speak.

'So, you and Ga Eul are moving in together?' Her father said.

'Yes, that is the plan.' Yi Jung replied smoothly.

'And you will be sleeping in separate rooms?' He asked.

'Appa!' Ga Eul said turning red. Her father shhed her.

'Yes, we will be.' Yi Jung said calmly. He tapped his arm against Ga Eul's to tell her he could handle it, and so she could calm down, but she didn't seem to receive this message.

'Can you give me your word you'll look after my Eullie?' Said Ga Eul's father.

'Dad!' Ga Eul cried out again. Yi Jung ignored her.

'I give my word.' Yi Jung said calmly. He shook her father's hand with a tight grasp. Then suddenly Ga Eul's father was smiling.

'Sorry about that, I just had to make sure.' He dad said laughing. His eyes where filled with a happiness that just couldn't be matched. Yi Jung smiled back. Ga Eul gave another cry of 'Dad!' in embarrassment.

'I under stand, Sir.'Yi Jung said to her father. He smiled in return.

'You can relax now, son. You can call me Father.' Ga Eul's dad smiled. Ga Eul herself was slowly turning a very bright shade of red. She pouted at the embarrassing scene in front of her. 'She's a fighter isn't she? Our Eullie. It doesn't really run in our family, but I'm more than happy she's picked it up. Now, she's got a good job, a good boyfriend, and she's moving in to a good house.' He father said the last bit in an over emotional tone. Yi Jung chuckled.

'I like that about her too.' Yi Jung replied. Her mother smiled.

'Aish. Are you all going to stay this embarrassing?' Ga Eul protested. Her mother laughed softly.

'Yes, I think we are my darling daughter.' She replied.