Run Up To The Wedding

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

It was the night before the wedding, and all through the house, every one was stirring, including the bride.

'Jan Di-ah, shouldn't you be sleeping?' Ga Eul asked walking in to the shared bedroom. Of course this would be the last night they shared it. Jan Di was rolling around in her bed; fully awake.

'Shouldn't you be sleeping too?' Jan Di replied. She sat up in bed, completely giving up on her quest for sleep.

'Yah, do you think I can sleep with her in my bed?' Ga Eul pointed to her bed. In it was Jae Kyung, who had insisted on sleeping over. She was spread out across the bed, and kept moving in her sleep. Jan Di laughed quietly. She pulled up half of her duvet, and moved across her own small bed.

'Just sleep with me. Like when we where younger.' Jan Di said. Ga Eul nodded and climbed in.

'Do you remember the first time we did this? Kang San had just been born.' Ga Eul said. Jan Di nodded.

'And then we did this at your house too, and your dad came and checked on us every five minutes. They're meeting Yi Jung for the first time at the wedding tomorrow right?' Jan Di said to her best friend.

'Yah, don't remind me of that. I'm terrified.' Ga Eul punched Jan Di softly on the arm.

'Your parents are so sweet and shy. I bet they're way more terrified than you are. I don't even know how they got a reckless child like you.' Jan Di joked. Ga Eul laughed.

'Because I had a crazy best friend.' Ga Eul said. Now it was Jan Di's turn to laugh.

'Your parents are fine with you moving in with him, right?' Jan Di asked. Ga Eul nodded.

'They don't want me living on my own, so they don't mind, as long as...you know...separate rooms.' Ga Eul trailed off in embarrassment. 'How do you feel about your wedding today?'

'It's tomorrow.' Jan Di said. She had a deep look of confusion on her face.

'It's past midnight.' Ga Eul reminded her. Jan Di bit her lip and nodded.

'It's scary, and my heart's beating like crazy...but there's nothing else I want to do more.' Jan Di said. Ga Eul smiled.

'I'm really happy for you.' Ga Eul said. Jan Di smiled too, and took a deep breath in.

'I'm really happy we all got to this point. We've got bright futures, and neither of us thought we would get to this point when we where in middle school. The F4 learnt that money isn't everything, Jae Kyung learnt some manners can take you a long way.' Jan Di giggled at her friend in the next bed. Ga Eul laughed too.

They both kept laughing to break the quiet until they both fell asleep.

The next morning, and it was raining in Seoul. Whether or not this was a reflection on the wedding was yet to be seen. The night before and F4 had fallen asleep at their hang out in the middle of Seoul. Jun Pyo, had fallen asleep for about an hour, in front of his racing car game. Once this hour was over, he was back to pacing. The rest of the F4 hadn't gotten much sleep either due to their crazy friend, and his numerous out bursts that Jan Di was going to run away before the wedding. They had long ago lost counts of the amount of coffee they had all ingested to keep awake. Eventually the time came for them to put on their matching black suits with light yellow bow ties. Although they certainly looked a lot better after putting these on, nothing changed, and yet again Jun Pyo went back to pacing, and the rest of the F4 went back to their coffee.

Then the door swung wide open, and in ran none other than Chu Ga Eul. She was wearing a knee length yellow chiffon dress, and matching very high heels. Her hair was down, but her fringe was pinned to the side with a flower. Although she looked very pretty, there was a deeply worried expression on her face. However she changed this to a fake smile as the F4's eyes where all diverted to her.

'Hello.' She ducked her head in a bow. She looked around the hang out quickly. 'Can I talk to Yi Jung-Oppa for just one minute?'She asked. Woo Bin started laughing.

'Where's Jan Di?' Jun Pyo demanded quickly before anything else could be said. 'Shouldn't you be with her?'

'Isn't it obvious? She missed her Oppa and came to see him.' Woo Bin laughed. Ga Eul turned a little red, even though this was not the truth. Yi Jung stood up and followed her until they left the apartment and where stood outside the door. He took a step closer to her.

'Whisper what you need to say, because they're all going to be listening on the other side of that door.' He said in to her ear. She nodded.

'Jan Di's missing.' She said. Her tone had crumbled and she was full of worry. Yi Jung's brow furrowed.

'What exactly do you mean Jan Di's missing?' He asked. Ga Eul's face crumpled in worry.

'Well we got to the hotel the wedding's taking place at, and we where upstairs getting ready, and she got her hair and make up done first, and then she got her dress on, and then I went to get mine done, and when I came out she was gone. And Jae Kyung hadn't seen her, Jun Hee hadn't seen her, Kang San hadn't, her parents hadn't, my parents hadn't-' She spoke extreamly quickly. Yi Jung held up a hand to silence her in the end.

'Have you called her?' He asked. Ga Eul held up a phone.

'She gave it to me to hold.'

Yi Jung took a deep breath in.

'If I leave it's going to be suspicious and Jun Pyo's going to freak out... okay when we go back in ask Ji Hoo to make you a coffee. If Woo Bin offers say you don't want him to poison you. Ask Ji Hoo while he's doing that if he knows anywhere she could be. Where have you already checked?'

'Between me, Jun Hee-Unnie and Jae Kyung-Unnie, we've checked the apartment, her house, my house, Shinhwa, Kang San's school, the old porridge shop, Jun Pyo's house, the library, your house, Ji Hoo's house, Woo Bin's house...' She listed more places but she was speaking so fast they weren't understandable. 'Can't Ji Hoo come and help?'

'He's closet to Jun Pyo even after everything happened with Jan Di. If he goes Jun Pyo will really freak out... wait. Did you check Ji Hoo's granddad's clinic?' Yi Jung asked suddenly. Ga Eul's eyes widened.

'No.' She said. She turned to run away, but Yi Jung stopped her. He pulled out his wallet and gave her the entire thing.

'Get a taxi, and pay what ever it takes to get you there quickly.' He ordered. She nodded and with that she ran out of the building. Yi Jung took a deep breath in and stepped back in to the apartment. Woo Bin had been standing behind the door, and he pretended to walk away smoothly when he was spotted.

'Why so much whispering, Bro? I wanted to hear.' Woo Bin said. Yi Jung chuckled and sat down to watch Jun Pyo's pacing. He sat and contentiously checked his phone for any news of Jan Di. But he tried as hard as he could to stop Jun Pyo from seeing this.

Then, less than five minutes after Ga Eul had come in, Jae Kyung burst in to the room. She too wearing a bridesmaid dress. As if it was happening in slow motion Yi Jung stood up, but before he could even take a step towards her; she shouted.

'Gu Jun Pyo, have you seen Jan Di?' She shouted. Her tone wasn't mean or accusing, it was just curious and thoughtless. Jun Pyo's pacing stopped, and his worried look crumbled away in to confusion.

'What do you mean?' He asked. He took a deep breath in and then he snapped. 'Explain!' He yelled.

'Don't shout at me! It's your fiancée I'm trying to find!' Jae Kyung yelled back childishly.

'Wait where's Jan Di?' Woo Bin asked.

'Missing?...' Said Ji Hoo. Yi Jung quickly picked up his phone and rung Ga Eul.

'Are you there yet?' He asked her.

'No I'm nearly there, but the traffic is really bad.' She responded down the phone. 'Why?'

'Jun Pyo knows.' Yi Jung said. Ga Eul swore down the phone, she then hung up, but could be heard telling the taxi driver to hurry up. Yi Jung then turned to Jun Pyo who was having some kind of screaming match with Jae Kyung who was stubbornly not giving him any more information about what had happened. Yi Jung snook around the back of Jae Kyung, and held his hand over .

'Jun Pyo. She's probably just gone out for a walk and lost track of time. Noona, and Ga Eul are still looking for her. Lets wait a minute for Ga Eul to see if she's at the clinic and then we'll all go out and find her okay?' Yi Jung tried to use his calmest tone, but it wasn't working. Jae Kyung bit his hand, causing him to let go. She stuck out her tongue at Jun Pyo.

'What if she's run away from the wedding? What if she's been kidnapped, what if she's hurt, what if she's-' Jun Pyo rambled on. His pacing increase and he threw a vase across the room. Yi Jung winced as it smashed on the floor.

Ji Hoo stood up. He walked over to Yi Jung.

'Should I go look for her?' He asked. Yi Jung shook his head.

'I think I'd make it much worse if we left. Ga Eul thinks she might be at your clinic, they've checked every where else. If she's not, then we'll go.' Yi Jung reasoned. Ji Hoo didn't look too happy but he nodded and sat back down calmly.

Woo Bin had been listening and he went to go and speak to Jun Pyo who was still throwing things.

'That's it I'm going to look for her.' Jun Pyo announced. Yi Jung and Woo Bin blocked his way.

'Bro, what are you going to do if she turns up and you're missing?' He pointed out. Jun Pyo rethought quickly and threw something else. He kept walking towards the door and then being stopped.

'Aish! I'm calling Ga Eul.' Jun Pyo shouted angrily. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialled quickly before he could stop. He waited for a second, and then threw his phone to the floor. The screen shattered, and the battery fell out.

'Couldn't you reach her?' Asked Jae Kyung who was eating food from the fridge.

'It wouldn't get through!' Jun Pyo yelled. Yi Jung sighed and tried to dial Ga Eul. It wouldn't connect.

'I think her phone's ran out of battery.' Yi Jung tried to keep his tone calm.

'Aish. That's it, I'm leaving to find her.' Jun Pyo yelled, about to storm out.

A shout came from down the corridor.

'Stop, it's okay, I found her.' The voice shouted. Before the voice even reached the door, Jae Kyung leapt up from her bowl of rice, and sprang towards Jun Pyo. Her legs went around his waist, and her hands went over his eyes. He was almost knocked over by the force.

'What are you doing?' Ji Hoo asked.

'It's bad luck for him to see the bride before the wedding, and I bet she's got Jan Di with her.' Jae Kyung shouted. She kept her grip on Jun Pyo as he tried to throw he off.

'Only in the west! We're in Korea!' Jun Pyo yelled angrily. But Jae Kyung didn't budge.

'I'm American!' She yelled in reply. This caused a small laugh from the pair of girls who ran in. Ga Eul was there with both the out of power phones in her hand, and Jan Di followed wearing a massive white gown. Her hair had been tied in a low bun. Her make up was minimal, but still managed to make her features stand out massively. The top of her dress was decorated with white glitter, and the bottom was all white feathers. She was the ugly duckling who had turned in to the swan... or a crane according to Jun Pyo's version.

'Jan Di-ah, you look really pretty.' Woo Bin told her. She smiled embarrassedly.

'You really do... wow.' Said Yi Jung.

'You look beautiful.' Ji Hoo told her. There was a deep sadness in his tone that he just couldn't cover up. Jae Kyung kept her hands over Jun Pyo's eyes.

'I want to see!' Jun Pyo yelled. He tried to shake Jae Kyung off, but she stayed still.

'I'm sorry every one, I just thought I'd go to the clinic and tidy to calm my nerves, but I lost track of time. Sunbae, can you call Jun Hee-Unnie to come get us?' Jan Di asked Ji Hoo. He quickly pulled out his phone and called her. Jan Di then turned to Jae Kyung and Jun Pyo.

'Unnie stay like that until we leave.' She paused and took a step forwards again. Jun Pyo was still trying to get Jae Kyung off.

'Yah, Goo Jun Pyo. I'll see you in ten minutes, and we'll be married in an hour.' She took a deep breath in. 'So just calm down. I'm not running off, idiot.' She took one of his hands and squeezed it.

'You better not run off.' He replied. He squeezed her hand too. She smiled and turned away. She linked her arm through Ga Eul's and they set off down the corridor together, waving as they left. Once they where out of sight, Jae Kyung jumped off Jun Pyo. She stuck out her tongue, and then ran after Jan Di and Ga Eul. Her yellow bridesmaid dress dancing as she did so.

'Only that couple could have this much wedding day drama before the wedding.' Woo Bin said laughing. Ji Hoo looked at this watch.

'We need to leave in a minute.' Ji Hoo said. 'Any last words before married life?' He asked with a fake smile. He truly wished it was his wedding day instead.

'He's put this much effort in to getting to this point, do you really think he would?' Yi Jung pointed out. He chuckled.

'Yah, I do have last words.' Jun Pyo said. He sat down smugly, stopping his pacing. 'I found the best wife on Earth before any of you losers.' He laughed to himself. A wave of eye rolls went around the F4. Jun Pyo's phone rang, and his smug look disappeared.

'The car's here. It's time.'