By Her Own Invitation

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

The school bell rung at the end of a long school day. With in minutes the class room was emptied and Ga Eul was left behind, just putting away the last few things. She took off her apron and hung it up. They had been painting their clay works today. Her hands where still messy from paint. She turned and walked over to the sink where she quickly started washing it off.

'You've got some on your face.' Said a voice from the door way. Ga Eul jumped, and turned her head quickly. Her frown quickly transformed in to a massive smile.

'Oppa!' She smiled. 'What are you doing here?' She quickly finished washing her hands, and with the back of her hand she wiped it off her face.

'Do you want to go on a date?' He asked her. Her face light up brighter.

'Where to?' She asked. She grabbed her coat and her bag. She put on the coat quickly and then made her way over to him, her fingers interlinked with his.

'Where do you want to go?' He asked. opened in deep thought.

'Hmm... anywhere?' She asked. He chuckled fondly.

'Yes.' His eyes twinkled.

'Truthfully...' She trailed off and blushed.

'Just tell me.' Yi Jung urged. She took a deep breath in.

'I want to go the home wares shop, and then I want to re-decorate your house.' She mumbled. Yi Jung started laughing.

'And you think that would be a romantic date?' He raised a questioning eyebrow. Ga Eul turned redder.

'Well it's a bit stupid...but... I think it would be fun.' She looked down at her feet. She bit her lip. Yi Jung grabbed her hand and started pulling her out of the room. Ga Eul's feet dragged in confusion to what was happening.

'Don't you want to go to the home wares shop?' He asked innocently. Ga Eul grinned and started bouncing along, this time almost dragging him as he struggled to keep up. They got outside to Yi Jung's car, and both climbed in. They where soon speeding down the road to the home ware's shop. Ga Eul pulled a notebook out of her bag and started writing.

'What are you doing?' Yi Jung glanced down at the notebook as he drove. Ga Eul tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and continued writing.

'I'm making a list of things we need to get.' She didn't look up, and continued writing. Yi Jung smiled as she wasn't looking.

'What's wrong with my house anyway?' Yi Jung asked. His tone was curious.

'It looks cold...it needs to look warmer...and more homely.' She said after a long thought. Yi Jung chuckled.

'Jaygia, are you trying to move in?' He looked at her in the car mirror she was turning very red. He smiled. 'Wont your parents mind?' His tone was teasing. She kept going darker and darker red. 'Chu Ga Eul, I didn't know you could go this colour. If your parents say it's all right you can move in.'

'What about your family?' She mumbled. Yi Jung laughed.

'They tend to turn a blind eye to most of what I do, anyway it's better than my old ways, they wont care.' He said. Ga Eul went quiet. 'Tell your parents that you want to move in with me because you don't want to live alone and Jan Di's moving out, and tell them you'll be living in the guest room.'

Ga Eul went quiet for a long time until they had nearly arrived at the biggest home wares shop in the country, that was just outside of Seoul.

'This conversation escalated quickly.' She commented. Yi Jung turned in to the car park and parked quickly in an empty space. He looked at Ga Eul seriously.

'Do you want to move in?' He asked her. Yet again she turned very red.

'I guess so.' She said, she desperately tried to hide just how much she really wanted to move in. She hated the idea of living alone, she had never done it before and she didn't want to either. With Jan Di getting married, the apartment was going to be a lot bigger and quieter. She paused for a long while again as the two of them just sat in the car.

'I want you to move in. You can have the guest room as I said...I wont pressure you in to anything you don't want to do, I just want to be able to see you as soon as I wake up, and right before I go to bed.' He said in that utterly romantic and serious way only he could do. Ga Eul got out the car; Yi Jung followed. They walked slowly next to each other towards the big shop.

'I actually asked my parents the other day about what they thought of the idea of me moving in with you... they said it was al right as long as there where separate rooms and I...didn't get...pregnant.' She trailed off awkwardly and glowed a previously unseen shade of red. 'But they want to meet you some time.'

'I want to meet them some time. I think I need to be the people who managed to create Chu Ga Eul.' He chuckled. He took her hand as they finally entered the shop. He lead her over to where the trolleys where kept. There where a few different types depending on what you where buying.

'We're going to need the biggest one if we need stuff for you moving in too.' He said. He stepped forward and got the biggest trolley. Ga Eul smiled when he wasn't looking. He started moving with the trolley when she wasn't looking. She ran the few steps to catch up with him. Her hands moved to cling on to Yi Jung's arm as he pushed the trolley. He looked down at the top of her head and smiled.

'What's first on your list, Jaygia?' Yi Jung asked. Ga Eul dug around in her bag, until she produced the list. She carefully studied her own writing for a moment.

'Um... towels.'

'What's wrong with mine?' Yi Jung asked.

'They're all covered in clay, and I like coloured ones better than the white ones.' Ga Eul said. Yi Jung ruffled her hair. He laughed a little, but walked over to the towel section none the less. Ga Eul carefully looked at the towels, as if you might when buying a house or an expensive piece of jewellery. Yi Jung watched her with an entertained look on his face. He didn't hurry her as she took a long time to decide. Eventually she decided on three light blue, and three lilac.

'Like the cups?' Yi Jung asked. Ga Eul smiled and nodded.

'Next you need photo frames.' She said.

'Can't you bring the ones from your apartment?' Yi Jung asked. Ga Eul shook her head.

'No. A long time ago me and Jan Di decided when the day came for us to move out, we where going to leave everything that couldn't be replaced, and then the good memories will be trapped in there forever.' Ga Eul said. Half way through her sentence she got a dreamy look in her eye. The dreamy look then went away as soon as it had appeared and she went rushing over to the photo frames. These took her a much shorter time to choose because her method was just to choose one of each design.

Slowly they went down her list until they had brought everything on it. Once she decided they where done they went to the checkout. A place where Ga Eul tightly shut her eyes until Yi Jung had paid. She was used to having no money, so suddenly being with some one who had it was really weird for her. They got back to the car, and played a tetris like game to get everything they had brought in the boot. They then set off back towards Seoul. When they pulled up outside Yi Jung's studio and house, they both got out and started carrying the stuff in to the house. Both of them smiled as the other wasn't looking, if any one else had been there to see the situation, they would of thought one or more of them was insane, but alas no. They where just both stupidly happy. The night was closing in around them quickly; but neither of them wanted to stop, or sleep. Luckily though, it was a Friday, so pulling an all nighter was possible.

'I'll make some dinner.' Ga Eul said. Yi Jung smiled.

'I'll make us some coffee then.' Yi Jung said. Ga Eul nodded and started searching the cupboards for food. There wasn't a lot in there, but she did manage to find enough rice for two people. There where a few pre-made side dishes in the fridge too. She cooked the rice and put out the side dishes as Yi Jung made the coffee. She yawned, but after she drunk the brown liquid Yi Jung had given her, she felt much better.

They ate quickly and happily, and then went back to re-decorating. The first room to be hit was Yi Jung's room. The rugs, curtains and duvet cover where all changed. Before they had been cold harsh tones, but now they where softer warm ones. Yi Jung smiled as he helped in the transformation of his house. Chu Ga Eul was slowly creeping in to every corner of his life; he didn't mind one bit.