Buffets And Bejazzle

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

'Worst. Conference. Ever.' Hyo Joo leaned over to Ji Hoo and whispered in his ear. He laughed quietly. Both their eyes flicked back to the stage. On it stood an elderly doctor. The mic hadn't been turned up enough, and his power point was out of synch with his talk. The room had been overly cooled by the air-con, and was almost an Arctic temperature.

'This is the last talk of the day... should we just leave?' Ji Hoo whispered. Hyo Joo looked at him in a surprised way.

'I didn't realise you where a rebel.' She grinned. Ji Hoo laughed. She stood up first. With out looking embarrassed at all she strode out of the room, and towards the door. Ji Hoo followed her, trying to hide his massive grin.

The conference was being held in the hotel they also happened to be staying in, so the two of them headed towards the lifts. Hyo Joo who was dressed in blazer, a blouse and a pencil skirt, tore off her blazer.

'Blazers are so uncomfortable.' She complained.

'Suit jackets are worse.' Ji Hoo removed his jacket as they pressed the elevator button.

'Should we get changed and meet for dinner?' Hyo Joo asked.

'Okay, but lets go some where low key.' Ji Hoo replied. Hyo Joo nodded.

'Sounds good. I'll see you in twenty minutes.' She walked out the elevator as the door opened and headed towards her room which was on the other side of the floor to Ji Hoo's. 'Oh by the way. You'd better wear something really low key, not what you think is low key. If I see a button up shirt.' She trailed off. She hadn't even turned around to say this, she'd just shouted behind her.

Twenty minutes later and they met outside the lift. Hyo Joo had changed in to high waisted dark green shorts and a white top. Over the top she had a simple black hoody, however she was still wearing heels. Ji Hoo was just wearing a white shirt, jeans and sport shoes. They smiled at each other.

'Lets eat at a casino buffet or something.' Hyo Joo broke the silence.

'A casino buffet?' Ji Hoo repeated. Hyo Joo nodded.

'Yeah. When in Las Vegas do as the people do.' She pressed the button to call the elevator.

'And you think every one in Las Vegas only eats at casino buffets?' Ji Hoo asked. Hyo Joo shrugged.

'They might.' She replied, stepping in to the elevator. Ji Hoo laughed as the elevator started moving down.

Back in Seoul, and Ga Eul was suffering with cabin fever. She hadn't returned to work after Sang Min had been born, and was getting very bored of this very quickly. Yi Jung, regularly left the house, and his grandfather was preparing to pass over the museum to him. So when he returned from his business meeting, he was expecting to come home to his loving wife and adorable son. But that was not what was waiting for him. At the So house, it seemed Ga Eul had been online shopping again. In her hand she held a bejazzler. A small machine that stuck dimonties to almost anything. Ga Eul herself, was covered in the sparkles. Her clothes where completely covered, and she had a large amount on her arms and face too. Sang Min's blanket was also covered, and the baby himself had a large sparkly bow on his head, even though he was a boy. As for the rest of the house, a few chairs, and the curtains had been covered.

Yi Jung's jaw dropped open as he walked in to the house. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

'Jagiya... what is this?' He asked looking around. Ga Eul looked up. She happily got to her feet, carrying Sang Min with her.

'Do you like it? I thought I could liven up the house a bit this way!' She smiled. Yi Jung chuckled. He took Sang Min off her, and laughed softly at the bow on his son's head.

'And yourself and Sang Min too, apparently?' He asked. Ga Eul grinned.

'Exactly.' She said. Yi Jung rolled his eyes. He sat Sang Min down in a baby chair that sat on top of the table.

'Jaygia, I think you might be a bit board at home.' Yi Jung said in a soft tone. There was a small hint of amusement trickling in to his voice. Ga Eul let out a big sigh, and as she did, she flopped on to a chair. Like she was a balloon air was being let out of.

'I'm so bored! I love Sang Min but there's seriously only so much of the time I can think he's cute. Is that so wrong?' She addmitted in a frustrated tone. Yi Jung nodded his head in understanding. He stepped over to her, and her hair, pushing some of it behind her ear.

'Too much of anything will make you sick.' He said. 'You're a good mother, and no one is doubting that, or going to think it's wrong for you to go back to work. Jan Di's been back at work for a month or so now.'

Ga Eul smiled. She looked up at Yi Jung. 'Do you think I can send him with the triplets while I'm at work?' She asked.

'Jan Di's parents, Ji Hoo's granddad and Jun Hee?' Yi Jung asked in a surprised tone. 'I was just going to hire a nanny.'

'It's better to send him to his own blood.' Ga Eul said. Yi Jung laughed.

'And who out of those people is blood related to you?' He asked. Ga Eul stuck out his tongue.

'You know what I mean.' She replied. Yi Jung nodded his head.

'I'll let you decide who looks after him, on one condition.' He spoke. Ga Eul raised her eyebrows.

'What condition?' She asked.

'Don't bejazzle anything from now on.' He replied laughing. She could only laugh too.