Excitement All Round

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

On the day of Jan Di's Med school results, the Gu mansion was probably the winner of the most tension in one house. Every one was around. Jan Di's family, Ga Eul's, and Jun Pyo's sister and of course the F4 themselves, plus Ji Hoo's grandfather.

With reporters swarming the school, Jan Di was going to be called with the news of her results. To add to the tension, Jun Pyo had demanded that lunch was not going to be seved, until after the results came. The growing hunger of the room's occupants only added to the stress, then finally, the phone rang. Every one froze. Jan Di shook her head a few times, and with shaking hands reached for it.

'Hello?' She said shaking. Jun Pyo was hovering over he shoulder, and every one else in the room was on edge.

'Can you repeat that?' She asked down the phone. 'Thank you, I understand.' She said. There was no emotion in her face at all. She looked up.

'I passed. I'm a doctor.' She said calmly. Then her face broke in to the biggest smile. Jun Pyo was the first to her, giving her a bone breaking hug, before realising she was pregnant. He put her down and grinned, patting her stomach carefully. Every one swarmed her after that. She was passed from arm.

After they had all gotten a chance to hug Jan Di, they moved in to the dining room. Woo Bin had been doing a lot better over the last few weeks, and as long as no one mentioned Jae Kyung, he could go about his life, hiding the pain inside.

The food was served quickly, and a lot of different dishes where served. For dessert was a cake Ga Eul had made. It was very big and said "You did it Jan Di!" on it in icing.

'Yah, what would you have done if I hadn't passed!' Jan Di asked laughing.

'She wrote the message on after you got the news.' Yi Jung informed her. Jan Di laughed more as Ga Eul got very red and embarrassed.

'I thought you would pass, it's just-'

'I didn't think I would so it's fine.' Jan Di told her.

'You have little faith in yourself. You're a very good doctor.' Ji Hoo told her. Jan Di smiled. 'In fact, you need to work at one of the clinics I'm opening.'

'How's that going?' Woo Bin asked his friend. Ji Hoo nodded.

'It's good. I've got the designs and space for fifteen clinics over the city, and they'll be built soon. It's finding good enough doctors that's the issue. I need forty five so there's three per clinic.' He said.

'Well you've got Jan Di now.' Woo Bin smiled at his adopted little sister figure. She smiled back. Ga Eul looked at her watch.

'Jan Di-ah, isn't your first scan in twenty minutes?' Ga Eul said. Jan Di looked at her own watch.

'Yeah, we need to leave.' She told Jun Pyo. He nodded, and finished eating quickly.

'Stay here for as long as you want, we'll be back in about an hour, but you don't have to wait.' Jan Di said as they walked out. They walked out to the garage and got in to Jun Pyo's red sports car, and they quickly drove off. They made it to the most expensive hospital in Seoul just in time. Of course they would of waited as Jun Pyo was so well known, but Jan Di always wanted to be on time. They where escorted in to the scanning room, and Jan Di was told to roll up her top, which she did. A gel was then put on her stomach, and the ultrasound wand was placed on her. The ultrasound woman moved it around.

'Did you have I.V.F?' She asked. Jan Di's cheeks turned pink. She shook her head. The woman nodded. 'I'll be back in a minute.' She said.

'Why is she leaving?' Jun Pyo asked Jan Di. Jan Di shook her head to say she didn't know.

'You don't think maybe...some thing's wrong?' Jan Di voiced her fears quietly. Jun Pyo suddenly tensed. The ultrasound lady came back in with four other doctors with her.

'Is something wrong?' Jun Pyo demanded anxiously.

'Nothings wrong.' The woman responded. She lead her colleges over to the screen where they looked carefully at the screen. They all broke out in to whispers.

'I swear if you're lying I will make sure you all get fired-'

'Jun Pyo.' Jan Di whispered to stop him. Her heart was racing, and it felt like her world was falling to pieces around her.

'I swear sir, northing's wrong it's just...' The ultrasound lady trailed off.

'It's triplets. We've confirmed it.' Said one of the people who had just walked in.

'What?' Jun Pyo and Jan Di both shouted loudly.

'You're having triplets.' He said. Jun Pyo nearly fell over in shock, Jan Di had to grab him to steady him. Jan Di held up three fingers. The doctor nodded.

'Oh goodness.' Jan Di murmured. Then, Jun Pyo started laughing.

'Geum Jan Di, you really really can't escape now.' He laughed. Jan Di started laughing too, and the ultrasound people looked at them like they where crazy.

After that they quickly left the hospital and drove back home. Although their parents and siblings had left, their friends where still waiting at the house, and where all watching a drama on the big t.v, although Ga Eul seemed to be the only one truly focused. When she heard them come in she jumped up from the sofa.

'Is the baby healthy?' She asked quickly. Jan Di quickly sat down on the couch.

'It's triplets.' She said looking half tired, and half very happy.

'What?' Four voices shouted.

'Yeah, see I've got three children and you've got none you lazy people.' Jun Pyo scoffed proudly. Ga Eul's eyes where the widest.

'Three? Really?' She asked. Jan Di nodded.

It was all hi-fives and hugs for a minute until it calmed down, and the drama took attention again.

'You should start thinking of names.' Ga Eul said suddenly.

'I'm only nine weeks pregnant.' Jan Di said.

'You should still start thinking! You need six names! Three for boys and three for girls!' She said excitedly.

'You can't even tell she had five cups of coffee this morning.' Yi Jung said to himself. Ga Eul wasn't listening. Out of her bag she suddenly pulled a baby naming book.

'Ga Eul where did you get that from?' Jan Di asked.

'I brought it at three a.m last week while I was online shopping.' She said nodding. She pulled open the page.

'Ohh, Sang Min's a nice name. Oh, but wait, you should give your kids names that start with J, like your names.'

'That's actually a good idea.' Jun Pyo told her.

'The syllable Jae is a good one. It means respect.' Ji Hoo said. 'They'll be children of Shinhwa, they'll be respected for sure.' He was slightly sad about loosing Jan Di, but realised that lingering on it forever, wasn't going to help either.

'It sounds better as a boy's name thought...no one tell Jae Kyung-unnie I said that.' Ga Eul said. Jan Di laughed.

'I like Jae as a boy's syllable.' She nodded, she looked to Jun Pyo. He grinned.

'I like Jae too. But if there's more than one boy they all need to have the first syllable Jae, and a different second one. That's how kids are named in my family.' Jun Pyo said.

'Jun Hee, Jun Pyo?' Ga Eul asked. Jun Pyo nodded.

'Exactly, but I don't think if there's girls they should share the syllable.' Jun Pyo said.

'What's a good first syllable for a girl then?' Jan Di asked, peering in to Ga Eul's book. Woo Bin had gone quiet at the mention of Jae Kyung. Jun Pyo grabbed the book and started looking at it.

'Jin means truth. That's a good girl's syllable.' Jun Pyo said. Jan Di nodded.

'I like Jin too.' She said.

'Jin and Jae! Really good!' Ga Eul clapped. Yi Jung laughed.

'Ae is a good end syllable for a girl, it means treasure and love.' Woo Bin finally spoke.

'How do you know that? You've not even got the book.' Jun Pyo asked.

'It was in my grandma's name, may she rest in peace.' Woo Bin said.

'I really, really like that one.' Jan Di smiled.

'Woo Bin, naming expert, yo!' He said, smiling. When he felt bad about Jae Kyung nothing made him feel better than his friends, and specifically his little sisters, as long as they didn't bring up Jae Kyung. Jan Di looked at the book.

'Soo is a nice syllable too.' Ji Hoo added.

'Ok is also a good end syllables.' Jan Di said.

'I like those for girls too. For boys I like Yong.' Jun Pyo.

'I don't like Yong. That was my nemesis in Primary school.' Jan Di said.

'I remember him.' Ga Eul said pulling a face. 'Although now I think he fancied you more than he hated you.'

'Definitely not Yong then!' Jun Pyo shouted. Jan Di took the book from his hands.

'I like Hwa. It means honest. Every one should be a bit more honest' She said.

'That's a nice one.' Woo Bin said.

'It is.' Jun Pyo nodded. Yi Jung looked over Ga Eul to the book Jan Di was holding.

'How about Sun as well. And Ho's nice too.' Yi Jung contributed.

'I like both of those.' Jun Pyo said. 'Wait then that's it. Six names.' He said happily.

'Girls choice 1.) Jin Ae, 2.) Jin Ok, 3.) Jin Soo. Boys choices 1.) Jae Sun, 2.) Jae Hwa, 3.) Jae Ho.' Jan Di smiled as she listed each one.

'Woah. Those are all really good names.' Woo Bin said grinning.

'Goo Jin Ae, Goo Jin Ok, Goo Jin Soo, Goo Jae Sun, Goo Jae Hwa, Goo Jae Ho.' Jun Pyo said. He looked very happy.

'Jun Pyo, could you even look more smug?'