Acceptance

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

Ga Eul smiled as the last of her little class ran to their parents. School had finished for the day, and seeing the kids run up to their parents ready to tell them every thing that happened that day was always sweet. She counted each of the class as they left, so she could be sure that none of them where missing. Then, at the gates she saw some one who was not a parent, nor a student at her school. She smiled, and dashed back inside for her bag and coat. She then ran back out side. Yi Jung chuckled at her from where he was waiting at the gate.

'Why are you here?' She asked happily.

'Can't a man pick up his wife from work?' He laughed. Ga Eul smiled.

'Are we going to the hospital?' She asked him.

'I said we'll go after dinner, but until then, Miss Chu Ga Eul we are going to drive home quickly, and then you are going to learn how to drive.' Yi Jung said smiling. Ga Eul's mouth dropped open.

'Now?' She asked. Yi Jung nodded. He grabbed her hand and pushed her in to the car, before getting in the driver's seat himself. He drove them home quickly. Ga Eul was biting her lip the entire time, and fidgeting in her seat. When they got back to the house, Ga Eul saw that Yi Jung had

moved all of the flower pots out of their wide drive way and front garden.

'Where's everything gone?' She asked looking around.

'Do you think I want you to run over anything?' Yi Jung said. He drove the car in to their garage rather than leave it on the drive way. He then waited until Ga Eul was out of the car, and then he drove the old car out of the garage and drove it out in to the drive way.

'Get in the driver's seat.' Yi Jung urged her. She bit her lip. Slowly she walked around to the door, and pulled it open, sitting in the driver's seat. She strapped herself in, but she had a feeling that wasn't going to be good enough.

'Turn the engine on first.' He told her so she did. 'Now put it in to gear.' He told her. She looked nervously down at the clutch. She move it to one of them, and they started going backwards.

'You've put it in reverse. Break and then switch it.' Yi Jung said. He was strangely calm. Ga Eul crinkled up her nose in concentration. She pressed down her foot on the first lever it pressed. Suddenly she lurched backwards. The car slammed in to the brick wall that ran around their house. Yi Jung quickly pulled the key out the engine.

'Are you okay?' He shouted panicking to Ga Eul. Her cheeks where bright red and she was sinking in to her chair.

'I'm fine... sorry about the car.' She mumbled. Yi Jung let out a sigh of relief. He scoffed.

'Do you really think I'd care about the car?' He said. Ga Eul just kept looking embarrassed. 'Come on. I'll make dinner.' He laughed climbing out of the car.

Meanwhile at the hospital, Jan Di was fit and well again. Although she was good, and the two boys where very well. The little girl was still very ill. She hadn't been recovering well after the surgery.

To make things worse, some how the story had leaked to the press too. Reporters where trying none stop to get in to the hospital.

Jun Pyo was refusing to go in to work, Jun Hee was picking up the slack the best she could. Ji Hoo on the other hand was back at work quickly. He decided that if something like that happened to Jan Di, who had money now, if something like that happened to some one else, they would need the free clinics, so he was back travelling the globe in search of good doctors.

Yi Jung's exhibition was coming up but he was trying to turn up at the hospital when possible to see his friends, nephews and niece. Ga Eul was also heading over to the hospital every day after work with fresh clothes for Jan Di who hadn't left the hospital since the birth of the children, although neither had her husband.

Woo Bin, was also constantly at the hospital. He was doing his business work quickly in a few hours of the day, and was at the hospital a lot. He had never been massive on children, but he was finding himself quickly attached to the Goo triplets. His help was appreciated, and he was being careful not to her in the way of the family. He would watch the babies while their parents went to wash and eat, which was a big weight off their minds. Today when he walked in to the room, Jan Di was holding Jae Hwa, and Jun Pyo was holding Jae Sun. Both of the boys looked simmilar, but with a trained eye it was easy enough to tell. Also Jan Di had started dressing Jae Hwa in yellow, and Jae Sun in red so they could be told apart by nurses. Both of the boys where getting big, Jin Ae was still small. Her scar from her heart surgery was healing well, but her heart was not. Jun Pyo sat next to her incubator constantly, mumbling to her. It was heart breaking to see the bitter sweet love he gave to his daughter.

'Yo, yo, yo.' He said walking in to the room. Jan Di smiled at her friend.

'Oppa!' She smiled. 'I'm going to go have a shower now.' She announced. She passed Jae Hwa to Woo Bin. She kissed Jae Hwa's head, and then she kissed Jae Sun's and even Jun Pyo's forhead. She then kissed her hand and put it to Jin Ae's plastic surroundings. She then walked out, grabbing a wash bag and fresh clothes on her way.

With one hand holding the baby Woo Bin used the other to pull over a chair to sit next to Jun Pyo.

'Thanks for you help.' Jun Pyo said quietly. Thank yous where always hard for him.

'You don't have to thank family man.' Woo Bin said. He bounced Jae Hwa on his lap. 'How's little princess today?' He said nodding towards Jin Ae. Jun Pyo sighed.

'She's not getting worse, but she's not getting better either.' He said bitterly.

'She'll be fine, she's a fighter.' Woo Bin told his friend.

'People keep telling me that, but I'm loosing faith.' Jun Pyo said. This was the most honest thing he had said in weeks. Woo Bin didn't know what he could said. They just sat in silence.