Marriage Blessings

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

After the long flight back from Las Vegas, Ji Hoo and Hyo Joo where more than tired. After a short nap at Hyo Joo's apartment (because Ji Hoo's granddad was living at his house, and he didn't know yet) they headed over to Ji Hoo's house. Hyo Joo was neatly dressed. She wore heeled patent ankle boots, a dark green skater skirt, a ruffled black shirt, and a headband on her short hair. Her wedding ring shone brightly on her finger as she held hands with her husband, who she had never even been on a date with. Ji Hoo had showered at Hyo Joo's house, and then put on one of the suits he had brought with him to wear at the conference. They entered the house carefully, clinging on to each other's hand. Ji Hoo's grandfather was sat at the breakfast table calmly, eating his breakfast. Hearing footsteps, he sat up straighter.

'Ji Hoo, I've made extra food if you're-' He turned around. He stopped mid sentence as he noticed Hyo Joo. His eyes dropped to their hands, and then ran back over to his grandson for an explanation.

'Hello, sir!' Hyo Joo greeted his grandfather with a low bow. She didn't bother waiting for Ji Hoo to introduce her. She knew it would look better if she just did it herself. 'I'm Lee Hyo Joo.'

'Lee Hyo Joo?' Ji Hoo's grandfather repeated. 'Why does that seem familiar?' He asked his grandson.

'She's the day doctor at our children's clinic.' Ji Hoo explained. Ji Hoo's grandfather nodded.

'Sit down.' He told the pair of them. 'Have you eaten?' He asked both of them. They looked at each other. They hadn't eaten. They'd only been thinking about what they where going to say. They had forgotten breakfast.

'I am a little hungry.' Hyo Joo said. She slid on to a chair at the table.

'I'm hungry too.' Ji Hoo said. His grandfather nodded, and came back a few minutes later with two big plates of pancakes for both of them.

'You studied at Harvard, did you? I looked at your cv when you applied.' Ji Hoo's grandfather said. Hyo Joo nodded.

'Yes, I studied at Harvard.' She replied.

'It must of cost a lot. What does your family do?' He asked.

'My mum was a nurse, and my dad worked as a car salesman, but they died a few years ago.' Hyo Joo explained. 'But I mostly paid for my own college working part time at a bar and taking out loans.'

Ji Hoo's grandfather nodded. 'You must be hard working.'

'All doctors need to work their hardest to keep their patients healthy and happy.' Hyo Joo said simply.

'Let me give you a riddle.' Ji Hoo's grandfather said. Hyo Joo made eye contact with him. 'What drives a sane man crazy, and a crazy man sane?'

Hyo Joo thought for a second. Ji Hoo's grandfather watched Ji Hoo carefully to make sure he didn't tell Hyo Joo the answer. He'd told him this riddle before.

'Love.' She replied quickly. 'A sane man falls in love with the wrong person, he goes crazy. If a crazy man falls in love with the right person he'll become sane.'

'Very good. That is correct.' Ji Hoo's grandfather praised. 'Are you two dating?' He asked. 'It's about time you got married. Are you two going to get married?' He asked in his typical grandfather manner. Hyo Joo looked to Ji Hoo.

'Grandfather, we got married in Las Vegas a few days ago.' Ji Hoo said. His grandfather's eyes widened.

'Is that so?' He looked a Hyo Joo. 'If you promise to keep him out of my hair, I'll bless the marriage.'

'Deal!' Hyo Joo smiled. She stuck out her hand, and shook his in a firm handshake. Ji Hoo laughed at the pair of them. He could tell they where going to be dangerous together.

With Ji Hoo's grandfather being happy with the marriage, now only their friends where left to tell. Ji Hoo had told them all he would be holding a dinner party at his house that night. All the babies where being left with Jan Di's brother and Ga Eul's sister. It was planned to be a great night. Jae Kyung and Woo Bin arrived first. Then Yi Jung turned up by himself, and Jun Pyo turned up alone too. None of them had asked yet why Hyo Joo was at the dinner party. So Ji Hoo and Hyo Joo where left to wait until the nosy pair of Ga Eul and Jan Di turned up. The pair had gone to visit their old porridge shop after they finished work, and would be arriving later in Ga Eul's car. They friends started dinner with out them, knowing Ga Eul and Jan Di would be able to catch up as they where both very fast eaters. Hyo Joo's heart was beating out of her chest as they finally arrived.

'Hey!' The both said happily as they arrived. The pair quickly went and sat down next to the husbands in the empty seats left for them. For an entire two seconds, neither of them noticed Hyo Joo.

'Hyo Joo, what are you doing here?' Jan Di asked.

'Hi, Hyo Joo.' Ga Eul said. Hyo Joo smiled nervously.

'Sunbae, Unnie, hello.' She said. Woo Bin, Jun Pyo and Yi Jung looked at each other. They all smirked.

'Rascal, did you get a girlfriend with out telling us?' Jun Pyo asked Ji Hoo. Jan Di elbowed her husband to tell him to be quiet.

'Woah. That's cold. You should of told us.' Yi Jung chuckled.

'Yo, yo, yo. Ji Hoo's back on the prowl.' Woo Bin shook his fist in celebration. Ji Hoo was eating, so didn't reply until he slowly chewed the last of what was in his mouth.

'Actually, we got married.' Ji Hoo said with a casual tone. As if he was just saying something like "oh,I went to the super market".

'What?' Ga Eul shrieked.

'Sunbae!' Jan Di's mouth dropped open. She then turned to Hyo Joo. 'Why is it every friend I make either likes or starts dating one of these?' She pointed to the guys of the F4.

'Rascal!' Jun Pyo repeated. He climbed out of his chair.

'Little brat.' Yi Jung chuckled. He too stood up.

'Way to go man!' Woo Bin said in badly accented English. They three of them advanced around the table towards Ji Hoo, who also got up and started moving backwards. Hyo Joo just sat in her chair laughing. Jun Pyo got Ji Hoo in a headlock and started messing up his hair. Yi Jung and Woo Bin started poking him in the sides. They looked very immature considering three of them where married, and between them they had five babies.