Family Secrets

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

'Kyung-ah?' Woo Bin said one night at dinner. Jae Kyung looked up from her pasta. She hadn't made it. She had some how managed to convince one of the nicest restaurants in Seoul to deliver the pasta to their house.

'Yeah?' She replied. Min Ki also looked up from his bottle of milk. Woo Bin reached over and ticked him under the chin.

'Do your parents know you've had a baby?' He asked her. Jae Kyung started choking on her pasta.

'Of course they don't!' She replied loudly when she could breathe again. 'Do yours?'

'No, mine are in the Caribbean right now.' Woo Bin replied in a much calmer manner. He took another large forkful of pasta.'Jun Pyo seemed to tell his big sister though! She called me and yelled at me down the phone for twenty minutes for not being more responsible earlier! I swear if she was in the country she would of strangled me.' He replied loudly. Jae Kyung shrugged.

'Don't bring up my parents again.' She snapped.

So Woo Bin didn't bring up her parents again. At least not for the next twenty four hours. But, two days later, and he found himself walking in to Shinhwa headquarters. He made his way in the lift, up to the top floor, where Jun Pyo's office was placed.

'I'm sorry.' The receptionist said. 'Mr Goo is busy right now and can't see anyone with out an appointment.' She said rudely. Woo Bin smiled charismatically as he leaned over the desk.

'Sweetheart. Just google "F4", then you'll know I'm allowed in.' He announced. Then, before she could say anything else, he walked in.

As soon as he entered the room, he couldn't help but laughing. The great Goo Jun Pyo, was sat on the floor of his office, next to a baby chair containing his overdressed daughter. She tightly clutched a plush fish toy, and the pair of them had their eyes fixed on a cartoon about a mermaid which was playing on the office t.v that was meant to be used to keep track on the news. Jun Pyo glanced up at his friend as he entered, and slowly stood up.

'Yo, yo, yo, man! Is this working?' Woo Bin laughed. Jun Pyo put his hands on his hips and shrugged.

'We're on a break. We've been working for four hours with out one.'

'We've?' Woo Bin asked. 'You and Ae? What exactly has she been contributing to this company?' He laughed harder.

'Hey! Jin Ae and her Oppas are the new faces of our mobile phone company.' Jun Pyo said seriously. Woo Bin rolled his eyes.

'I saw. Love the motto; "Mobiles so simple, a baby can use them"' Woo Bin quote from the advert and billboards he kept seeing everywhere.

'What are you even here for?' Jun Pyo asked his friend. Woo Bin flopped down on the couch in Jun Pyo's office.

'I need you to set up a meeting with JK group that's really going to be a ploy to force Jae Kyung to tell her parents she had a baby...'

'No way, she's going to kill me, and worse. Because she's Jan Di's friend, then Jan Di's going to kill me.' Jun Pyo said.

'I'll take all the blame. You can pretend you don't even know and I just took advantage of the fact Jae Kyung's parents are in the country.' He explained.

'What about your parents?' Jun Pyo asked.

'That's part of the plan! You get her parents here and in a meeting room. I'll some how get my parents in there too. They'll talk, and then I'll come in with Jae Kyung and Min Ki, and everything will be fixed. Boom.' Woo Bin explained. Jun Pyo looked hesitant.

'Okay... but seriously, you're taking the blame.' Jun Pyo replied going back to his desk. Jin Ae was still sitting on the floor watching the mermaid cartoon.

'Thanks, man!' Woo Bin said enthusiastically. Jun Pyo shook his head. Even he, knew this was going to be a bad idea.

Two weeks later, and Jun Pyo had done his part of the deal. He had told the JK group they needed to come for a business meeting, and so they had turned up. Woo Bin had told his parents he would go on marriage dates but they needed to come and meet him to show in the candidates. Jae Kyung was told she was being taken out to lunch.

As Jae Kyung walked in to the room, and saw her parents, she nearly fell over. Woo Bin had to catch her, and put her back on her feet. Min Ki was in her arms. She tried to turn around and walk back out, but the door shut behind her quickly.

'Woo Bin-ah... who is she?' Woo Bin's parents asked cautiously. 'And why are we meeting JK group?'

'Mum, Dad. This is Ha Jae Kyung, my girlfriend.' Woo Bin introduced a frozen Jae Kyung. Her eyes where very wide.

'Jae Kyung! What is he saying? Where have you been?' Jae Kyung's father shouted.

'And who is that baby?' Jae Kyung's mouth shouted. Woo Bin did not expect it to go this way. He didn't plan for this much shouting.

'Don't shout at her.' Woo Bin snapped. He moved in front of her. 'I'll answer your questions.'

'Who are you to answer for my daughter?' Jae Kyung's father asked rudely.

'I'm her boyfriend. We've living together. We're happy. That's our baby son, Min Ki. If you don't like any of that, that's too bad. I'm sorry we should of told you sooner. Mum, Dad. I'm sorry to you too.' He explained. Woo Bin's parents mouths dropped open. Jae Kyung's parents looked appalled. Then the two sets of parents turned to each other.

'Get married.' Both sets of parents demanded at the same time.

'Get married quickly before anyone else finds out about this scandal.' Jae Kyung's father said. 'I'll forgive you, because your family isn't bad, and you found my daughter again. But you need to get married.'

Jae Kyung cleared . She stepped out from behind Woo Bin.

'We'll get engaged, but we don't want to get married yet. We haven't even properly dated for that long.' She finally spoke. Woo Bin stood by her side, and nodded.

'We'll get engaged.' He said. Both sets of parents sighed.

'I'm not pleased with this deal.' Jae Kyung's mother said.

'Me either.' Woo Bin's mother agreed.

'Well then you have something to bond over. A mutual hate.' Jae Kyung said. Woo Bin held back a laugh.

'Look how adorable Min Ki is. You can't be upset with us! Look at his little face.' Woo Bin pointed to his son. Jae Kyung held him forward. Woo Bin's father was sat their with a stony look on his face. Jae Kyung stepped forwards,and shoved her baby in to his arms.

'Min Ki, it's your Granddad Song.' Jae Kyung told her baby. Woo Bin's father remained frozen. Min Ki grabbed his nose. Suddenly a adoring smile spread across the cold man's face. Woo Bin wasn't even sure his father had ever looked at him that way. Woo Bin's father held out his finger for Min Ki to grab. He cooed at him sweetly.

'I want a go!' Jae Kyung's father said quickly.

Jae Kyung was almost sure she saw her son roll his eyes at his silly grandparents.