A SoEulful Time, Part 2

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

'Ga Eul-ah.' A calming voice said, rousing Ga Eul out of her sleep. She scrunched up her eyes, and then opened them. She was still sat in the new car by the looks of things. But her door was open, and Yi Jung leaned in,

'We're here, sleepy.' He laughed.

'Oh.' Ga Eul nodded quickly. She quickly undid her seatbelt and hopped up. She hit her head on the way out of the car. 'Ow' she mumbled.

'Are you okay?' Yi Jung asked anxiously. He carefully placed both his hands on her head and took a careful look.

'I'm fine, really.' Ga Eul said, her head was still tilted down as he looked at it. She then felt lips against her head as he kissed it better. For a long moment she froze. Yi Jung got the bags out the car. There was no staff around or anything, Ga Eul noted. Just a very pretty and fancy large cabin in the woods. It was completely quiet, only animal noises filled the void. It was really just the two of them. She took a step closer to the cabin. The wood had extremely pretty carvings in it.

'Do you like it?' Yi Jung asked. She jumped backwards a little as she hadn't realised he had come back and stood right next to her.

'It's really pretty...I love it.' She mumbled. Yi Jung chuckled.

'As do I. It's Ji Hoo's, I've asked him to sell it to me in the past, but no. He said if I ever got married I could have it then. He likes his tricks.' Yi Jung ran his fingers on the carvings, where Ga Eul had been admiring just a moment before. Ga Eul's stomach suddenly rumbled.

'Lets go in and eat.' Yi Jung opened the door for her. Inside was just as pretty as outside. It was decorated in all cosy tones, and everything looked home-made. It was charming, truly so.

'I can't believe places this pretty really exist.' Ga Eul mumbled to herself under her breath. Yi Jung was still carrying the bags.

'Follow be upstairs.' He said. Although he wanted to take her hand to show her the way the bags where not going to carry themselves. There where quite a few rooms upstairs. Yi Jung pointed to two across the hall from each other.

'You can stay in that one, I'll stay in this one.' He said. She nodded gratefully. Some of her hair slipped over her hair band as she nodded. He smiled and tucked it back in place. Her cheeks light up with a rosy glow. He handed her back her bag.

'Lets go for a walk, but you should get changed first.' He said. Ga Eul bit her lip absent mindedly as she took the clothes out of his hands. He suddenly felt a kind of fluttering in his heart he had never felt before. His eyes widened. Ga Eul looked at him with a suddenly worried glance.

'Oppa, are you okay?' She asked. Her eyes darted over him. The fluttering grew. He nodded quickly and darted in to the room behind him before she could make it worse. Behind the shut door he took a quick breath in. He was going to have to clarify their relationship soon. This, was killing him.

Ga Eul went in to her room feeling confused, and the tiniest bit hurt. She put her hand up in front of and smelt her breath. It was fine, so why had he darted away from her? This question darted through her mind again and again as she opened the bag Jan Di and Yi Jung had packed. Jan Di, being the good friend she was had packed a full bag of all Ga Eul's favourite toiletries. As for the clothes, Yi Jung had packed her hiking clothes,and a change for the next day, or another dress, similar to the one she was currently wearing in fact. She was glad he knew her well enough not to buy anything too fancy. She quickly put on the hiking clothes of sports leggings, hiking shoes, and a thin light green fleece. Finally she pulled her hair up in to a loose bun on the top of her head. Once she was done she walked back in to the hallway. Yi Jung was waiting. He was dressed in hiking boots, loose jogging bottoms, and a hoody. He smiled at her.

'Lets go, we don't want it to get dark before we've seen all we want to.' He held up his Casanova charismatic façade; although he stumbled on a few words. Ga Eul's confused mind grew with this. Yi Jung stuck out his hand. Ga Eul took it cautiously. It felt awkward. But also new, exciting and exhilarating. They walked out of the house, and started on a trek in to the surrounding woods. They woods where untouched by humans in many ways, but there was a roughly marked out path. Yi Jung and Ga Eul's joined hands swung together as they walked. They didn't talk, they just walked. Both of them glanced at the other person while they weren't looking. A couple of times they thought the other one wasn't looking and caught each other's glance. Then they had to whip their heads away at a breakneck speed. The crickets chirping in the undergrowth almost seemed to be mocking the pair's bravery. Chu Ga Eul took a deep breath in. She had learnt over the years with a best friend like the one she had, the importance of bravery. She stopped walking. Yi Jung raised one of his eyebrows slightly to ask what she was doing. She turned slightly to the side. This was going to be a thousand times easier with out eye contact. She folded her arms, pulling her hand away from Yi Jung. She cleared .

Yi Jung's heart pounded under the illusion of calm he projected. She was going to say she'd found some one else while he'd been away. He was sure of his. He felt light headed and dizzy.

'Who is he?' He asked in a low tone. Ga Eul's face crumpled up in a confused manner.

'I don't think we're on the same page right now.' She said quickly. She was a bright girl and realised quickly what he was thinking. Yi Jung's heart relaxed the tiniest fraction.

'What where you going to say?' He asked. His tone had not changed all the while.

Ga Eul looked at her shoes, to Yi Jung, and then away from the deep eye contact.

'I was going to ask...' She paused. 'What are we?' She finally asked.

'In what way?' Yi Jung asked hesitantly. Ga Eul gulped.

'In the relationship way. What's are relationship?' The awkward words tumbled from before she could stop them. Her heart beat a billion times a minute. She felt tingly right down to her feet.

Yi Jung burst out laughing. Ga Eul looked at him as if he had just been released from the metal asylum. She frowned to herself, and turned back around so her entire body was angled towards his.

'What are you laughing a-' She was cut off.

'Didn't you tell your students I'm your boyfriend?' He asked raising his left eyebrow in to a low arch. Ga Eul turned a shade of brilliant crimson she saved for special occasions only. She didn't say anything.

'Didn't you?' Yi Jung asked again, urging a response.

'Well they kept asking me if I had one so-' She was cut off for the second time in a row.

'So you did?' He asked simply.

'K-kinda?' She stumbled over her words that where burring her in a deep hole.

'Well we can't make you a liar then can we?' He said. Ga Eul's eyes widened like a deer in the head lights. Yi Jung stepped forward, dissolving the small space between them. His left hand moved to the dip where her head and her neck joined. The right move to her waist. With their bodies pushed together like this she could hear the fast buzz of his heart. His eyes looked at her shocked ones for a moment, and then suddenly there was no space left. His left hand pulled her head towards his. Like an aeroplane landing his lips hit hers with a bump, and a smooth kiss followed. Her hands slowly moved from her side, to his back. Then; she kissed back. The moment was blissful.

When it finally ended, because of a need for oxygen, he held her in a tender hug.

'Jaygia.' He said when he finally spoke. Her heart raced. He pulled away slightly so eye contact was possible. 'How many bets do you think where made on his moment?'

They laughed together as the sincerity of the moment lingered. Their foreheads leaned against each other's as the sun set through the leaves. Some moments thought Ga Eul are just too good to describe. But you know, even thought it's too good to describe, you know you're going to try anyway. All you can really say is; "I bet this moment's one I'm going to remember for the rest of my life", this is one of these moments.