A SoEulful Time, Mini Chapter

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

Ga Eul and Yi Jung lingered in the woods until they suddenly became aware of the night which was creeping in. Hand in hand they walked quickly back to their wooden house in the woods. It was cold inside and as the sun went down it only grew colder. However the fire that Yi Jung had light in the large fireplace was very warm, so the two of them found themselves sitting on a picnic blanket in front of the warm fire. For dinner they where eating a large array of extremely expensive looking foods Yi Jung had brought with them. The flickering of the light gave the room a warm atmosphere.

'What are your plans now you're back?' Ga Eul asked. They had been sitting in completable silence for a long time now, but this question popped in to her mind quickly.

'Ga Eul-ah, you sound like a reporter.' Yi Jung chuckled. 'I'm going to clean out my studio tomorrow and start on my new projects. I've got some ideas swarming my mind.' He took a sip of his drink. They where drinking expensive champagne out of mugs because for some reason the glasses has all gone missing from the house.

'I can help you clean out your house. I don't have work tomorrow.' Ga Eul said. She took took a sip of the delicious liquid. She would never get used to things like this. Yi Jung chuckled again.

'I'm sure you're not going to have work for another week or so. I think Jun Pyo's up to something.' Yi Jung said. Ga Eul sat up straighter.

'Oh?' She said. She bit her lip in worry. 'What kind of things?'

Yi Jung leaned forwards, he lifted his right hand up to her face. He put his palm under her chin and his thumb across her cheek, stopping her from being able to bite her lip.

'Don't worry, if it's too crazy I'll try and intervene some what, but I think he just wants to have some big event because of his engagement to Jan Di. You know what he's like.' Yi Jung let go of her cheek to allow her to continue eating. Ga Eul carefully grabbed a mouthful of food with her chopsticks and brought it to . They were sat very near to each other, less than an arm's length away.

'I'm glad they're back together again, she's a lot happier with him back.' Ga Eul smiled in to air at the thought of her close friends.

'I'm happy we're back together.' Yi Jung said.

'Yah, you're too smooth.' Ga Eul said. The tops of her ears turned red. The fire crackled slowly in the background. Yi Jung smiled.

'Is smooth really something you can have too much of?' He asked. His eyes where almost glue to her. She glanced up from the food.

'You can have too much of anything really. That's a fact of life.' Ga Eul said with the wise air of a old prophet. Yi Jung smiled fondly at her.

'I didn't remember you being so wise.' He said softly. She smiled. She put down her chopsticks carefully and shuffled over to him slowly. She stopped at his side and put her head on his chest. His arm went around her shoulder. Slowly the two of them fall asleep in front of the roaring fire in the warm embrace of each other.