The Starting Line

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

Two days after Ji Hoo had asked Hyo Joo on a date, he received a phone call. The phone call was about a medical conference both he and Hyo Joo had been invited to in Las Vegas. Their date had had to be cancelled because of this, although he still felt slightly on edge as he waited for Hyo Joo to turn up at the airport. However his mind was take off Hyo Joo, as a woman strutted in to the airport. Large sunglasses hid most of her face, a short hair style made her cheek bones more prominent. She wore high heeled boots, black trousers, a white shirt with a black peter pan collar and a leather jacket. The woman looked chic, and tough, which wasn't Ji Hoo's type, but for some reason she was memorising. She kept walking, but surprisingly, she stopped in front of him. Ji Hoo suddenly felt embarrassed. He was sure she had caught him staring. But as she removed her sunglasses, he knew that wasn't it. The woman was Hyo Joo.

'Hi.' She told him smiling. But she wasn't smiling in an over the top childish way. It was more genuine. Ji Hoo gulped.

'Why the new look?' He asked. Hyo Joo looked down at her feet in an embarrassed manner.

'It's not so much as new, as old. The real me.' Hyo Joo smiled softly. Ji Hoo raised an eyebrow.

'No more childishness?' He asked. Hyo Joo shook her head.

'No, but you have to take responsibility.' She said with twinkling eyes.

'In what way?' He asked in a amused manner.

'You have to keep me happy, so I don't have to over do it so much to keep myself that way.' She said. Her tone was cheeky. Ji Hoo looked away and chuckled. He looked back to Hyo Joo who was boldly looking him in the eyes.

'No promises. But I do like this Hyo Joo better.' He said. He passed her an aeroplane ticket. As the boss he had brought them. She smiled.

'Lets go!' She said in English. Of course as she had studied abroad her accent way very good. Better than Ji Hoo's infact. He replied with the same English phrase, and they headed towards the boarding gate.

Across Seoul, It had been three days since Jae Kyung magically appeared home from America, and she hadn't even left Woo Bin's house since she was taken there. As she only had one set of clothes, she had been washing them over night, and wearing Woo Bin's clothes as pyjamas. Woo Bin had asked about taking her shopping, but she had refused his money, for reasons Woo Bin didn't quite understand.

As it was early morning in the big house she groggily rubbed her eyes as her kettle boiled. Once it was done she made herself an instant coffee. She drunk it, crunching up her face as she did so. Coffee was so bitter, she didn't really like it.

'Kyung-ah. Seriously, you don't like coffee, stop making it.' Woo Bin yawned walking down the stairs. She looked over her shoulder and stuck out her tongue.

'I like that it wakes me up.' She replied. She multi-tasked as she kept drinking, and fed the baby a bottle of milk at the same time. Woo Bin made it to the bottom of the stairs when the doorbell rang. He walked over to the mini screen in the wall where the front door security system ran through. He could see the people on the front door step now.

'Who is it?' Jae Kyung asked peering towards him. Woo Bin laughed.

'Trouble.' He pressed the button that unlocked the front door. In walked Jan Di and Ga Eul. They where both dressed nicely. Jan Di wore a sweet red jumper with navy leggings and patent red flats, while Ga Eul wore a white dress and a pink cardigan.

'Hi.' They both said at the same time. They both smiled in a way that was more than a little suspicious.

'I knew something was up when neither of you called last night.' Woo Bin said, he chuckled and walked over to the kitchen to find something to eat. Jae Kyung looked over to them.

'Why are you here?' She asked, yawning. She took another sip of the gross coffee.

'We're going shopping!' Ga Eul smiled mischievously.

'And to get our hair cut.' Jan Di added happily.

'And what are the kids going to do while we do that?' Jae Kyung asked, not wanting to get excited just yet.

Jan Di and Ga Eul looked at each other and grinned.

'Unnie, that's the best part.' Jan Di smiled. Jae Kyung looked interested.

'Why?' She asked. Jan Di looked to Ga Eul to continue.

Ga Eul smiled.

'All the babies are going to go on a group daddy trip to the zoo.' Ga Eul said. Jae Kyung looked over her shoulder to Woo Bin who was pointing to his chest and mouthing "me?".

'Oppa.' Jan Di ran over to him and grabbed the top of his arm. 'Go get dressed so you can take out Min Ki.' She pulled him slightly across the kitchen. Woo Bin looked to Jae Kyung to see if she liked the idea or not. She bit her lip. She didn't want to leave Min Ki. She had never left his side since the day he was born. But he did need some time with out her with his father.

'Okay.' She said very reluctantly. 'It's a good idea. But Woo Bin, keep him warm, and keep your phone on at all times. Otherwise I'm going to turn up to kill you.' She said. Her big eyes seemed extremely terrifying. Woo Bin's eyes widened to. It was one thing looking after some one else's kid, it was a totally different thing to look after your own. Jae Kyung turned to her baby, and kissed him on the forehead, before heading towards the door.

'I'm going now before I change my mind.' She yelled with out even looking back. She went straight out the front door.

'Oppa, he'll need a snow suit to go outside today.' Ga Eul said in a bright tone to Woo Bin. He nodded his head.

'Yeah, I'll put one on him.'

'And he'll need feeding every three or four hours so take lots of bottles.' Jan Di said smiling. Woo Bin smiled and nodded. He still looked nervous.

'I'll work it out. You'd better follow her... oh and just take my credit card and use it when she's not looking.' Woo Bin picked up his wallet from the counter. Jan Di and Ga Eul shook their hands.

'No, we want to buy Unnie stuff.' Ga Eul said.

'Yeah, she brought us loads of stuff when we had nothing, and it would be nice to pay her back.' Jan Di said. Woo Bin shoved his credit card in to Jan Di's hand.

'Well you can buy her some things and use this to pay for the rest.' He insisted. Jan Di nodded.

'Okay, deal.' She smiled.

'We'd better go.' Ga Eul said. Jan Di nodded. They walked out the house. Jae Kyung was stood on the front step, looking at the mini van that sat her friends children and husbands. With out glancing back she quickly ran around the back of the van, and to window where the back of Jun Pyo, and Yi Jung's heads could be clearly seen. She quickly banged on to the window and screamed, backing both the guys jump out of their skin. Jae Kyung laughed crazily.

'Monkey!' Jun Pyo yelled angrily, climbing out the car. Jae Kyung stuck out her tongue and hid behind the much smaller Jan Di.

'Yah! Go help Woo Bin.' Jan Di ordered. Jun Pyo pulled a face at her. He walked in to the house mimicking her.

'Did he just walk away from your kids he was watching?' Jae Kyung asked Jan Di.

Jan Di stood on her tip-toes and peered in to the car.

'Yi Jung-Oppa's still in there.' She shrugged.

'Lets go to my car!' Ga Eul said proudly. She had passed her driving test yesterday, and was more than proud to be driving today. Yi Jung leaned out the car window.

'Jaygia. Be safe. Don't take your eyes of the road either.' He said.

'I passed didn't I?' She replied. She turned to her friends. 'Lets go! Girls day out!' She cheered, running to her brand new car. Yi Jung had brought it for her reluctantly. He didn't really want her driving. She was a terrible driver. So he'd brought her safest car possible. A big four by four with extra safety features such as ultra strong metal and bulletproof glass. Ga Eul climbed in to the driving seat, and Jae Kyung quickly got in to the passenger seat, leaving Jan Di to get in the back. Ga Eul suddenly started the car engine and the car lurched forwards suddenly. Ga Eul quickly slammed her foot on the break and looked around to see if her husband had seen that. It seemed he had, so before she could be stopped she drove off, swerving all over the road.

Meanwhile inside, Jun Pyo waited in the living room while Woo Bin was getting changed. He walked back downstairs dressed warmly and carrying Min Ki who was wearing a thick blue snow suit.

'Have you got everything?' Jun Pyo asked standing up.

'I have no idea. Have you got everything in the car for yours?' Woo Bin asked. Jun Pyo nodded.

'I'll just steal your stuff then.' Woo Bin replied. Jun Pyo shrugged, and they made a bee line towards the car. Once inside, Woo Bin climbed in the back with all the babies. Every baby in the car away babbling loudly to each other. The loudest of all was Jin Ae. As Min Ki's car seat was strapped in to the car, he started being just as loud. His chubby little arms flailed out of the seat and towards the next baby carrier with contained the only female Goo triplet. Woo Bin strapped himself in to the seat that was closet to the front. Yi Jung was sat in the passenger seat and Jun Pyo was driving. They set off, but they didn't even leave the drive way before trouble arose.

'Do you even know the way to the zoo?' Yi Jung asked Jun Pyo.

'I'm just going to drive until I see a sign for the zoo. Back off.' Jun Pyo said. He didn't deal with criticisms well.

'Yo. Man, we need to get to the zoo as quick as possible. These kids are like a ticking time bomb.' Woo Bin spoke from behind them.

'Well maybe you should just drive then!' Jun Pyo snapped. Yi Jung rolled his eyes.

'Or maybe you could just turn on your sat nav?' He said. Jun Pyo pressed down on the breaks suddenly, throwing every one in the car forwards slightly. Out of the babies, Jae Sun, Jin Ae and Min Ki started crying. Woo Bin as the only parent in the back tried to comfort them. Jun Pyo glanced at his children through the mirror. He bit his lip and angrily the sat nav. Yi Jung turned around in his seat. He felt slightly smug that he was the only parent with no baby crying.

With the destination set in the sat nav, Jun Pyo sped down the road towards the zoo. Two babies continued to scream loudly in the back, and of course they where Jae Sun and Jin Ae. This was going to be a tough day.