Secrets And Ghosts

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

The sound of a ringing phone echoed through a large house on the outskirts of Seoul. From a bedroom inside of this room, the two people lying in the bed stirred. The man sat up in bed first, he was shirtless and only half covered up by the blanket. From the bedside table he picked up his phone. Squinting at it he realised it wasn't this phone that had been ringing. He rubbed his eyes and softly shook the woman lying next to him. Her eye liner was smeared all over her face, she snored loudly. For a long moment the man just looked at her, then he quickly looked away as she murmured.

'Aish, what?' She moaned. She too rubbed her eyes and sat up.

'Kyung-ah, your phone's ringing.' The man told Jae Kyung. She yawned and stood up. She wrapped herself in the blanket and went to search for the phone. Her clothes where all discarded all over the floor. She found the blazer she had been wearing that had her phone in it. She picked up the phone.

'Oh, Ga Eul-ah. Yeah I'll be around in around an hour. I'm just at home right now. No, don't come around I've got woken up. I'll come pick you up. Yeah, wake Jan Di up. Okay bye.' She spoke through the phone. She then turned around to the man.

'I'm using your shower.' She told the man. He nodded and gestured towards his bathroom. She wrapped the sheets tighter around herself. 'I'm going to get clean clothes from my car first.' She said walking out the room.

Once she was gone the man rubbed his face with his hands, and pushed back his hair. He walked in to the bathroom he had been pointing to earlier. He the cold water tap and watched the sink fill with water. He then leant over the sink and splashed his face with water.

'You can't love her. Get over it.' Woo Bin told himself in the mirror. He hit his reflection and pushed his hair back again.

Jae Kyung walked back in a little later carrying clean clothes. As she showered Woo Bin shoved on pyjama trousers and a plain top. He went down to his kitchen and put a pot on to boil. Jae Kyung insisted all his staff being out of the house while she was around, she didn't want a soul to find out that they where sleeping together.

It had been a few years since it started. Jae Kyung had just come back from America where another engagement had fallen to pieces. He'd agreed to her proposition at that point, being secret friends with benefits, and for a long time it seemed like a good idea. He saw other people, she shut herself off. Then, he slowly just stopped seeing other people. He became more and more attached to her as time went on, but every time he thought he was close to taking their relationship to the next stage, she'd shut herself off a bit more.

With no knowledge of how to cook, other than the vegetable chopping he had done for Jan Di and Ga Eul, he put enough raymen for two people in the pot.

With almost perfect timing Jae Kyung came downstairs as the raymen finished cooking.

'I made raymen.' Woo Bin told her. She picked up her chopsticks with out a word and started shovelling it in to . She ate with out breathing for around half a minute, before placing her chopsticks down on the counter.

'Are you free again tonight?' She asked him.

'I'm always free.' Woo Bin said with a sad tone.

'I'll be round then.' She replied. She walked to the door and left with out saying goodbye.

'Morning!' Ga Eul greeted Jae Kyung brightly as she entered her apartment.

'You're very happy.' Jae Kyung said suspiciously. 'Did something happen with Yi Jung?' She winked at her younger friend who turned a very bright shade of red.

'They went away over night yesterday, although she swears nothing happened. To be fair to her she was back early this morning.' Jan Di said from the kitchen. Jae Kyung moved in to the kitchen to say hello. Jan Di sat there with a big bowl of rice in front of her, which she had already eaten nearly all of.

'Unnie, do you want some food?' Jan Di asked. Jae Kyung shook her head.

'No, I've eaten.' She replied. Jan Di nodded and happily continued eating. Her expensive and sophisticated engagement ring truly clashed with the way she was eating.

'Did your maid cook for you then?' Ga Eul asked. It was common knowledge Jae Kyung couldn't cook.

'Who else would of cooked?' Jae Kyung laughed shakily. 'Jan Di hurry up and finish eating so we can go shopping. I need to buy lots of stuff before the holiday tomorrow.' She whined.

'Yeah, but we need to go some where less expensive than those shops you like, Unnie. I need to get new clothes too.' Ga Eul said.

'Me too.' Jan Di agreed.

'Isn't Jun Pyo-Oppa going to show up and demand he take you shopping?' Ga Eul laughed. Last time that had happened which had been many years ago she remembered how mad and confused Jan Di had been about the amount of money spent on her.

'Thankfully not. He's working today, he's got to tell Jae Hee-Unnie how to look after Shinhwa during all the time he has to miss work in the next month... with the holiday, engagement party, wedding and … honeymoon.' She blushed at the last part. Just as she said this, Jae Kyung's phone went off.

Monkey, make Jan Di buy what she needs and pay for it. I'll pay you back. - Gu Jun Pyo. Jae Kyung smirked a little at her phone. Just as she was going to put it back in to her bag it rung again. Jae Kyung, Jun Pyo told me you're going shopping with Ga Eul today. Just trick her in to thinking every thing's 90% off and pay for the missing part, I'll pay you back. Thanks – Yi Jung. She laughed again.

Jan Di finished her rice, and they took the elevator down to Jae Kyung's car. She was a very fast driver so they where soon at Jae Kyung's favourite shopping mall. She text her bodyguard Chen, who she knew would be following her. She asked her to go to all the shops first and to get them to lie about having a sale, and then charge it to her account. She ignored Jun Pyo's plan of just telling Jan Di about the money because she knew her friend wouldn't like it.

When Jan Di and Ga Eul entered the shop and found out it was 90% off (or rather where lied to about it being 90% off) they happily shopped and brought themselves many pretty outfits, which they both needed and deserved. Once they had brought their new clothes Jae Kyung dropped them back at their flat, to pack their bags for the next day.

Right in the middle of packing their bags, the door bell rung, it was Kang San come to take advantage of the fact their t.v was bigger than the one at home (it had been a moving present from Woo Bin). He started watching childish cartoons, and Jan Di joined him, (completely forgetting about her bags she needed to pack). Ga Eul had managed to stay on task, and had her bags packed quickly. Once she was done she put on an old pair of jeans, and a top with a white middle and red sleeves. She then tied her hair out of her face with a red bow, and put on a pair of white trainers. She walked in to the living room and laughed at the two Geum siblings. Both of them where sitting in the same style, with their knees pulled up to their chests.

'Guys I'm going out to Yi Jung-Oppa's house.' She told them. They both nodded and continued watching. 'Kang San, eat what you want out of the fridge because it'll just go off before the holiday anyway.'

'Thanks, Noona.' Kang San replied. His eyes still did not leave the t.v. Ga Eul laughed and rolled her eyes, before setting off outside. It had started to rain in the last half hour or so, something she had not realised. Quickly she darted back inside and grabbed her yellow raincoat. She zipped it up and pulled up the hood, before setting off for the second time. Once out of the building she walked until she reached the underground train station. She took the train until it reached the nearest stop to Yi Jung's house, which was actually not too far at all. From there she walked with a quick pace. Ga Eul liked the rain a lot, but she preferred it when she was inside listening to it, or outside with friends. Finally Yi Jung's studio came in to sight. She walked up to the front door and knocked it.

A few seconds later and the door swung open. Yi Jung smiled.

'You look cute in that raincoat, Jaygia.' He told her. She turned red, and continued standing on the door step. She let out an involuntary shiver, she hadn't realised as she had been walking, but the rain was actually quiet cold. Yi Jung noticed this. 'What are you waiting for? Come in.' He said. She nodded and walked through the door. Yi Jung closed the door behind her.

'Take your coat off, it's just going to make you colder.' He said. Ga Eul nodded and ped it quickly. Yi Jung took the coat and hung it up. He took her hand. 'You're cold, come on, I'll make you a hot drink.' He lead her in to the kitchen.

'I'm not that cold.' She replied.

'Is your hand lying then?' Yi Jung asked, rolling his eyes at her stubborn attitude. She pouted a little as she was practically shoved in to a seat.

'If you're making me have a hot drink can I have a hot chocolate rather than a tea?' She asked. Yi Jung chuckled.

'Yeah, sure.' He replied. He put this kettle on to boil. 'I thought you where going shopping.'

'I went earlier, anyway I told you I'd come and help you clean.' She shrugged.

'You could of called me, I would of come and picked you up, rather than you having to walk in the rain.' He said. The kettle finished boiling so he went over to the cupboard to get everything else out.

'I didn't want to be trouble. It was fine anyway, I can travel places on my own, I'm a big girl.' She said.

'You're already so much trouble, you shouldn't stop a job half way through.' Yi Jung laughed. Ga Eul pouted.

'I thought I was a nice girl, not a bad girl.' She said referring to their earlier conversations. Yi Jung laughed again.

'Maybe nice girls can cause trouble too.' He said, taking a sip of his own drink. Ga Eul took a few sips of hers too, and then became more interested in the cup. It was very delicate looking, but she could tell very strong. It was not finely painted, but rather had an all over lilac colour.. She picked it up from the table and lifted it above her head.

'You're going to spill boiling liquid on yourself.' Yi Jung told her calmly, although there was an edge of worry evident in his voice.

'I won't.' Ga Eul replied. She looked at the bottom of the cup, and found what she was looking for. 'This is your mark, you made this cup.' She said happily. Yi Jung smiled and nodded.

'I did. I made an entire tea set to match this one. Do you want to see?' He asked. Ga Eul nodded quickly.

'Well firstly this one I'm drinking out of is part of the set. It's light blue, because that's a colour that goes with lilac well, but it's not as nice.' He said. Ga Eul opened to say something but he stopped her. Out of the cupboard he pulled out some more cups, and a teapot. He pointed to a white cup. 'That's Ji Hoo, because I think he'd have a heart attack if he was away from his precious colour white.' He chuckled. He picked up a cup with a grey exterior with the inside painted yellow. 'This is Woo Bin, because he's a lot better inside than he likes to admit.' He smiled widely before picking up the last two cups. 'This is Jan Di and Jun Pyo.' The cups in his hands where green and red. 'The red one is Jan Di, because she's a doctor, and blood is red, even if that's a bit morbid. Jun Pyo's green because...well that's the colour of money. Green and red don't really go most of the time, but they do some times; like at Christmas, and then just about every one is happy. And, lastly the teapot.' He pointed. 'It's white blue and red, because with out Shinhwa's Wonder Woman, we'd have never met.'

Ga Eul laughed. 'I think this is the best tea set ever.' She said. Her eyes grew moist, something she hadn't expected. Suddenly she felt overwhelmed by this touching tea set that brought back so many past memories of how they'd gotten to this point. Yi Jung frowned.

'Are you crying?' He asked moving his head to try and get a better look.

'No.' Ga Eul said. She shook her head as tears ran down her face.

'Jaygia.' He said simply. He reached forward and pressed his thumb to the corner of her eye, wiping her tears away.

'It's just so perfect. I've never seen anything so perfect.' Ga Eul said. She blinked her watery eyes. Yi Jung walked around the counter he was standing behind. He put a hand on either of Ga Eul's head and kissed her forehead.

'Now you know how I feel.' He said. Ga Eul looked up in to his eyes, and they stayed that way for a long moment. Then she jumped up, nearly smashing his head with hers.

'Lets tidy up, that's why I came over.' She ran out of the kitchen in to the workshop. Yi Jung chuckled and shook his head fondly. He slowly followed her in to the workshop.

Everything had white fabric over it to stop the dust getting in. Ga Eul was quickly pulling the sheets off. In her frantic moments, one of the pieces of fabric went over her, rather than on the floor behind her.

'Ga Eul-ah. You're a ghost.' He said, slowly walking towards her. Ga Eul laughed from under the sheet.

'Are you scared?' She asked jokingly. Yi Jung stopped in front of her and lifted up the sheet.

'It's scarier to see under it.' He joked. He dropped the fabric so Ga Eul was transformed in to a ghost again.

'Hey!' She said. She pushed the fabric covering her face back over the top. She pouted. Yi Jung leaned forward, he kissed her briefly on the lips. She smiled.

'Do you find ghosts attractive?' She laughed. Yi Jung chuckled. He went and pulled another white cloth off one of the shelves. He put it over her head again, before walking off laughing.