End Of A Long Four Years

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

It had been a long four years. A very long four years. A little apartment in a cheap area of Seoul stood locked. No one was in it, but even with out the people inside, it was clearly full of life.

The walls where papered with red and pink cherry blossom paper, something that had been done on a rainy day long ago, with a little help from some friends. (The friends being Woo Bin and Ji Hoo). The floors where stained red with paint stain.

The walls and the floor beamed warmth. In the little living room was one small leather sofa, maybe big enough for three people to sit on if you squished up. Most of the living room was filled my the low table. You had to sit on to floor to eat at it, but quiet a few people could squeeze around it.

The living room also had a slightly claustrophobic feel, there where big shelves on the wall, the lower ones had hundreds of small photos in them, none of the photo frames matched. Most of the pictures had the same two girls in them, plus other people, mostly four men, or their family.

On the higher shelves sat ornaments, some looking to be of very little value, and others (fine works of pottery) seemed to look very expensive.

The apartment also came with a small kitchen, and a bedroom shared between it's two residents. Of course the two people who lived in these apartments where none other than Ga Eul and Jan Di. It was close to Jan Di's university, and Ga Eul's work and while it had been hard on both of them to leave their families (even if they where only a few subway stops away) they loved it.

The reason it was empty right now, came in two parts.

1.) Ga Eul was still at work.

2.) Jan Di was currently stood on a beach.

Jan Di smiled as she watched the waves retreat across the white sand beach. The love of her life, and massive idiot's arm was wrapped tightly around her waist. On her other side stood her closet male friend, next to him her protector, Woo Jin, and next to him...well was a person she was desperate to ask a question to.

'Yi Jung-ssi.' She said leaning forwards to see him past the other tall men.

'Jan Di-ah. Yi Jung ssi? Are we not past this stage of formalities? Oppa.' He said. His tone was very happy. On the other hand the very happy Jun Pyo seemed not to like the idea of "Oppa" very much. His arm stiffened around her waist.

'Yah! She doesn't have to call you Oppa!' He said in a strongly jelous tone. Jan Di turned he head around.

'I can call him what I want!' She informed Jun Pyo.

'Back in to old habits quickly right? Fighting already? Tut-tut.' Woo Jin laughed to himself. Jan Di smiled. She's missed her stupid Gu Jun Pyo, even the fighting.

'Yi Jung Oppa, welcome back.' She went to hug him but was pulled back by her collar by Jun Pyo. He didn't care to explain himself, even when her head snapped back over her shoulder. Her glare questioning. By the very amused look on Yi Jung's face this whole Oppa thing was just to see a classic Jan Di/ Jun Pyo fight again. He chuckled.

'Oppa, did you talk to Ga Eul?' She asked, finally getting to his point. With out meaning to his smile grew bigger, and he nodded.

'I have. But then Woo Bin called, who had called Jun Pyo to see how he was getting on in America, and found out he was coming back, and I couldn't let that opportunity to see this slip through my fingers. She had to work anyway. I'm going to go pick her up after work.' He finished. Woo Bin clapped him on the back.

'...Who did he go to see?' Jun Pyo asked. Of course that fool wouldn't of known.

'Ga Eul, idiot.' Jan Di smiled to herself on the last word of her sentence.

'Yah! I'm a great matchmaker! Who made you two spend time together on New Caledonia?' Jun Pyo looked very superior. And then her seemed to realise something. 'Hey, in that case I deserve that vase back. The one I gave you for spending that time with her!'

Jan Di elbowed him slightly.

'You can't have it, it's Ga Eul's now. It's in our apartement.' She told him. Jun Pyo didn't have a response to this. And for a second it went quiet, just the sound of the waves splashing on the shore. Then Woo Bin started laughing loudly, and uncontrollably.

'What?' He was asked by everyone all at once.

He kept laughing, 'Jan Di-ah hasn't said yes yet.'

This seemed to just dawn on Jun Pyo, but before he could start making a fuss, Jan Di's phone started ringing.

'Hello?... oh hello. Yeah, okay, that's a good idea. Yeah Jun Pyo's here too...stop screaming! Calm down. Yes. I want rice, a lot of it. I don't care what else. Okay I'll ask them; what do you guys want for dinner? Me and Ga Eul are going to cook.' She looked at them for a response.

'I want an answer!...and egg rolls.' Jun Pyo said sulkily.

'I feel like apples.' Woo Bin smirked thinking of past appologies. 'And Ga Eul's spicy ricecakes, also your egg rolls.'

'Yah, you can't eat her egg rolls! Their mine.' Jun Pyo said.

'Sunbae, what do you want?' Jan Di turned to Ji Hoo. He smiled mischievously.

'I also want egg rolls.' His statement made Jun Pyo let got of Jan Di to try and put Ji Hoo and Woo Bin in to headlocks.

'And Yi Jung Oppa, what do you want?' Jan Di ignored the antics of her boyfriend.

'Anything Ga Eul makes.' He said, and Jan Di swore she saw him blush. She repeated every one's answers to Ga Eul who was on her way to the supermarket, she had left work early. (Jan Di didn't point out to her that Yi Jung was going to pick her up.) As she gave the last request word-for-word down the phone she was sure Yi Jung's ears turned a brighter shade of red. Once the phone was hung up Jan Di turned to Ji Hoo, who was still currently wrestling with her boyfriend.

'We need to go and check out of work.' She said. She was sure they would be allowed to leave work early, the only had another half an hour left on their shifts anyway. Ji Hoo nodded and side-stepped the wrestlling match to walk away with her. Jun Pyo grabbed on to her arm and pulled her back. Jan Di couldn't help but show a small smile.

'Yah, I need to go check out.'

'I'll deal with it.' He told her. She giggled.

'I'll be two minutes.' She told him. He still didn't seem pleased with this impending epic two minute separation. He whipped out his phone, and was calling some one.

'Get Jan Di and Ji Hoo off work, and send out a car to drive Chu Ga Eul home from the supermarket.'

Yi Jung nodded slightly knowing he wasn't going to get back to Seoul on time to bring back Ga Eul him self.

Jun Pyo happily pulled Jan Di along the beach until the reached a black limo. He pushed her in to the car first, before looking back to see how his friends where getting home. He didn't seem to want anyone to get in the limo with him and his recently reunited flame. Ji Hoo seemed to pick this up.

'I'll get a lift with Yi Jung, we need to catch up anyway.' He said. Jun Pyo nodded and slammed the limo door shut.