Epilogue(SIde Story)

Life Goes On With or Without us

Author's Note: This is a special thanks for you guys and gals! ENJOY!

DongHyun and BaoMing laid in the bed together. He was enchanted by her figure and how lovely she was even in her sleep.

“DongHyun, you should get some sleep.” She said with a sleepy voice. DongHyun smirks and leans in closer.

“I want to watch you sleep, in case you disappear again.” BaoMing smiles and tries to open her eyes.

“If you don’t sleep you’re going to be tired tomorrow.”

“Gweanchaha-a.” He smiles. BaoMing opens her eyes and sits up.

“If you don’t sleep I am going to go sleep with DongWon.”

“Ok, I’ll sleep.” He pulls BaoMing in tighter and places his chin on top of her head.

 

DongHyun runs around the table chasing EunMi, while BaoMing got DongWon ready for school.

“Appa can’t get me.” EunMi teases DongHyun

“Kim EunMi get over here.”

“Ani.”

BaoMing laughs at the situation he was in. She places DongWon’s lunch in his bag and kiss his forehead.

“Umma.”

“Hmm?” DongWon hesitated but said nothing.

“Nevermind.” BaoMing smiles at him. EunMi ran towards her and she caught EunMi.

“Umma.” EunMi yells

“Why are you giving your appa a hard time?” She just shrugs he shoulder. BaoMing pinches her cheeks and smiles. “Kaja, we have to send your oppa to school.” She grabs DongWon’s hand.

“Jagiya.” BaoMing turns around. DongHyun stood on the other side of the table, “What about me?” BaoMing smiles

“I’ll meet you at your office later.” She walks out of the house with the kids.

----

BaoMing drops EunMi with the BoyFriends and meets up with YooHwan at the agency.

“Morning Hwan.”

“Morning Ming.” He smiles brightly at her even though he never agreed to her and DongHyun’s relationship. “Are you ready for today?’

“Ne.” She was about to turn when she notice YooHwan’s expression, “Are you okay?”

“Ne, waeyo?”

“Ani.” She shook her head, “Kaja.” They were about to leave,

“Hold up you two.” Lisa runs up to them with a note, “I think you should see something.” She hands BaoMing a letter. BaoMing looks at YooHwan and back at the letter. “The company just faxed that to us this morning they say that it was on his door.”  BaoMing unfolds the note. YooHwan goes and stands behind her.

Give me 1.5 million in the next hour to the place where your family died or lose someone else valuable.

“The place where you’re family died?” YooHwan looks at BaoMing, “What is that?”

---

DongHyun washes up and puts his dress shirt on. He button up his cuffs. He grabs his keys and walks out the door leaving his phone on the dresser. As he walks out the door he get hit on his head and blacks out.

---

BaoMing tries to call DongHyun but gets no answer. YooHwan and Lisa looks at her and can tell that something had gone wrong. BaoMing becomes worried.

“Is he not answering?” YooHwan asks her. BaoMing shakes her head.

“Hwan you and unnie go to the company and see if he is there and check the camera. I am going to go home and see if he left.” BaoMing runs out the door. *DongHyun please be alright.*

----

DongHyun woke up cuff to a pillar of stone. The place was just stone and ruble everywhere. It looked like an abandon building. Not too far away from him he saw his parents tied up to another pillar.

“Appa…umma.” They both look at DongHyun. He had dried blood on his head.

“Adul, gweanchah-a?” ask Mrs. Kim

“Where are we?” DongHyun trying to get his vision straight. Just then a slim figure walks in.

“We’re at the place where my teachers died.” DongHyun blinked a couple of time before his vision corrected.

“You.”

----

SeulMi busted through the front door.

“DongHyun!” She ran through the whole house. “DongHyun-ah.” She becomes more anxious. She runs up the stairs and to his room.

RING RING

“Unnie is he there.”

“Ani. Anything there?”

“Ani, I haven’t. Check the camera and call me as soon as you get anything.” She hangs up the phone. She saw his phone on the dresser and quickly pick it up. She looks through his phone and saw the 5 missed calls from her. There was a text from an unknown number. She open the text.

If you want your lover back, come to the place where your family died. All shall be revealed.

BaoMing drop his phone and ran to her car.

----

YooHwan and Lisa looks through the vids from the cameras. A tall person with a black walks into the building.

“Oh noona.” YooHwan point him out.

“I see him.” The figure walks towards the elevator and gets off on the floor where DongHyung’s office was located. He stops in front of the door and paste something on it. He turns around and stops for a sec. He looks up at the camera and smiles

“Noona isn’t that.” Lisa was also in disbelief.

“HyukJae.” She quickly grabs her phone and calls the agency. “I want to know the condition of prisoner Lee HyukJae.” There was a quick pause, “BWOH!” YooHwan jump out of his seat, “Why haven’t this been reported?” Lisa eyes were rounded, “Get to it.” She hangs up.

“What is wrong?” YooHwan was really curious, “That isn’t really HyukJae is it.”

“HyukJae escaped from prison three weeks ago.” Her phone vibrates.

----

EunHyuk stood in front of DongHyun.

“Did you miss me?” EunHyuk asks

“Why are you here? I thought they locked you up a long time ago.”

“I have my ways.” EunHyuk bends down and smirks, “I didn’t think I’ll get you guys so easily.” He gets up and walks over to DongHyun’s parents. “Let alone your parents.”

“What do you want EunHyuk?” DongHyun tries to yell with all the strength he had.

“I want you to hear the truth.” He squat down in front of Mr. Kim, “The truth that has been hidden for almost ten years. Am I correct Mr. Kim?”

“What is he talking about appa?” Mr.Kim stayed quiet. “Abeoji!”

“It is okay if you don’t want to say it now, we can wait for BaoMing to arrive and hear it from your lips.”

“What are you going to do to her?”

“Nothing…I think the question is what are you going to do to her after you find out the truth.” EunHyuk smiles and walked towards the exit, “She should be here soon enough.”

----

BaoMing stops in front of an abandon building. She grabs the bag and walks up the stairs to the house. She touches the gun in her belt. She enters the house and saw EunHyuk standing right in front of her. He smiles at her.

“Welcome BaoMing.”

“Don’t act like you’re close to me.”

“I’m not close to you but I am to your parents.”

“Where is DongHyun?”

“This way.” He walks ahead of her and enter a room. She saw DongHyun cuffed by the pillar.

“DongHyun ah.” She drops the bag runs to him and notice the dried blood. “Gweanchah-a?”

“Why did you come here?”

“I couldn’t leave you.” She notice two other figures by a different pillar, “Abeoji, Eomoni,”

“We’re fine.”

“Aww…It so nice to see that all of you guys care about each other.” EunHyuk walk in with a gun, “But you’re not a real family until all secrets are told.” He looks at Mr. Kim, “Even the darkest secret.”

“EunHyuk what are you doing?” He looks at BaoMing, “I brought you your money already, let everyone go.” EunHyuk walks to him.

“Don’t you even feel guilty? She is your daughter-in-law, the mother of your granddaughter. She at least deserve to know whose family she got married to.” EunHyuk got closer to him, “Shouldn’t Han Xiao Lou’s daughter know what happened. She deserve to know what really happened to her family.”

“What did you do?” Mrs. Kim asked her husband. He looks at BaoMing.

“I’m sorry BaoMing.” DongHyun was confused at what was going on.

“What happened?” DongHyun looks at his father, “Abeoji, what happened?” Mr. Kim stayed quiet. “Abeoji!”

“I’m the reason why BaoMing’s parents are died.” BaoMing closed her eyes, the things she didn’t want to happen, happened.

“What are you saying?”

“Her parents were double agent between us and SM.” Mr. Kim sighs, “Once they got caught by SM we couldn’t risk it and had them killed…in this very building. We then sent them to Taiwan and made it seem that they died in Taiwan.” BaoMing’s bit her lip.

“Jagiya.” Mrs. Kim was puzzled.

“Appa.”  Mr. Kim looks at BaoMing

“Please forgive me.”

“You didn’t have to tell me. I already knew about my parents’ death.” She looked like she was about to cry. She looks at EunHyuk and pulls out her gun and points it at him. “Let them go or you die.” He kept his gun at Mr. Kim

“You really want to let them go?”

“They are the only family I have left.” She pointed the gun at herself, “Or would you rather I kill myself so that you don’t feel guilty?” EunHyuk’s eye rounded.

“BaoMing.” DongHyun pulls on the cuff, “What are you doing babo?”

“I know that my parents meant a lot to you and that is why you’re doing this, but what would be the point of this if I died because of you.”

“You wouldn’t,” EunHyuk smirk, “If you do I shoot him.” He points his gun to DongHyun.

“Go ahead, but that makes you no less than abeoji. You’ll leave two kids as orphan as they did me. Is that what you want?” EunHyuk became hesitant. “I brought the money you wanted, I suggest if you want to leave here safely do it know.”

EunHyuk walked over to her and pulls the gun down from her face. He grabs the money bag and leaves the house. BaoMing quickly shoots the chain on the cuffs. She hears something crash from the enterance.

“Ka.” She pushes DongHyun and goes and shoot the Kim’s cuff off. “Kaja.” She helps them up. As they run to the front entrance, it was on fire. EunHyuk had already drove off in his car.

“Otteke?” Mrs. Kim exclaims

“This way.” BaoMing and they ran back towards the room. BaoMing takes off her scarf and wraps it around her hand and punches the window. “Eomoni you first.” Mrs. Kim climbs out of the window first. “Abeoji.” They look at Mr. Kim.

“Ani.” He backed away from the window. “A person like me doesn’t deserve to live.”

“Abeoji, I don’t blame you for anything. All I want now is for DongWon and EunMi to have a happy family. One that wasn’t like mine. Without you that can’t happen.” She holds onto his arm, “They need their Hal-abeoji.” She looks into his eyes, “Please let them have that at least.”

“Appa, ka.” BaoMing and DongHyun helps him out the window. BaoMing looks at DongHyun.

“Ani.” DongHyun shook his head, “I’m not leaving without you.” He notice her hand was bleeding.

“Who said I wasn’t coming.” She holds onto his shoulder, “Go, I’ll come out right after you.”

“Ani.”

“We don’t have time!” The fire was starting to reach the room, “Ppalli!” DongHyun looks at her.

“Mianhae.” He picks her up.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m sorry for what appa did and what I am about to do.” He throws her out the window. She lands on her . DongHyun looks out to make sure she was alright. Just then a burning beam falls in front of him. “Ahh.”

“DongHyun!” BaoMing screams. She can see him coughing. “DongHyun hurry and get out!” She runs around the side and found a side door. She kick the window. “Ahh.” Blood trickles down her leg. She opens the door and limps in. “DongHyun ah!” She hears coughing come from a nearby room. “DongHyun!”

“Ming!” DongHyun runs to her, “What are you doing back in here?”

“Ppalli.” She pulls him along.

“Ani, I’m going to atone for appa’s sins.”

“Are you stupid?” She yells, “That has nothing to do with you.”

“It has everything to do with me. I’m his son, I can carry this burden for him.”

“It not your burden to carry…What am I supposed to tell the kids?” The tears came from her face, “They left you this morning with smiles.” She coughs, “I lost my parents when I was 15, but I understood what was going on. But you can’t let DongWon lose his appa at 8, he already lost Jessica. It’ll scar him.” She cups his face, “Don’t let them lose you like I lost my parents. Jebal.” She starts to cough.

“Ming.”

“Ppalli…we have to get out of here.” She fell as soon as she took a step.

“Gweanchah-a?” He looks at her leg.

“I injured myself when I came in here. It isn’t anything big. Hurry before the ceiling falls on us.” DongHyun squat down in front of her.

“Get on my back.” BaoMing quickly got on and DongHyun hook his hands under her thighs.

It took them a while before finding the door back out. DongHyun fell right onto the grass when he was at a safe distance. BaoMing eyes were slightly open and she looked straight DongHyun. His eyes were slightly open also.

“Don’t close your eyes.” BaoMing tries to say with all her strength, “If you do I might disappear.” DongHyun gave her a weak smile

“Never.” SeulMi smiles before being taken into the darkness.

----

BaoMing woke up to the sound of beeping machines. She slowly got up with a headache. She looked around and notice she was in DongHyun and her room. The door opens and JeongMin walks in with a wet towel. His expression was shocking.

“BaoMing.” A smile appears on his face.

“JeongMin.” He goes and gives her a hug.

“Are you feeling okay?”

“Ne.” She looks at him from head to toe. He was wearing a white dress shirt along with black dress pants and his hair was done. “Why are you dress like that?” JeongMin looks at himself before answering.

“EunMi’s birthday.”

“EunMi’s Birthday?” She was shocked, “That isn’t possible. DongHyun and I were just in a fire.”

“What fire?” JeongMin was confused, “You’ve been unconscious for three months.”

“I’ve been asleep for three months? But I was just-.” JeongMin interrupted BaoMing and explained to her what had happened after the incident. “Where is DongHyun now?”

“Outside greeting the guest.” JeongMin thought about something, “How about we give everyone a little surprise.”

“What do you have in mind?” JeongMin whispers in her ear.

-----

BaoMing sat in the wheelchair in the house and watched everything from her room. She notice how much EunMi grew and how much more mature everyone looked. As soon as JeongMin got up on stage she went down the stairs.

------

Two weeks after the Vacation

BaoMing made lunch for her and DongHyun. She went to the company and sat in his office as he got out of his meeting. DongHyun and JeongMin walks into his office.

“Ming.” He smiles as soon as he saw her, “When did you get here?”

“Not too long ago.” She kisses his cheek. “Hi JeongMin.”

“Hi Ming.”DongHyun notice the lunch box on the coffee table.

“Are those for me?”

“Ne…it is actually for all of us.” They all sat down. DongHyun rubbed his hands together.

“What should I open first?” BaoMing just smiles. As soon as DongHyun opens the box, BaoMing felt sick. Her stomach felt like it was churning. She covers and runs out of the office. The guys just looks at each other.

“Hyung is she okay?” JeongMin asks

“I’m not sure.”

“Hyung…is.” DongHyun gets up and runs out the door.

BaoMing walks out of the women’s bathroom with a pale face. DongHyun was relieve to find her.

“Ming, gweanchah-a?”

“Ne.” She nods and wipes but also has a worried expression.

“What is wrong?”

“I think we’re going to need a bigger house.”

“Bwoh?”