Broken

Life Goes On With or Without us

Ming got off the yacht as soon as she could with Jeongmin and YooHwan behind her. She walks to the beach house with everyone following. Minah on the other hand was shivering in DongHyun’s arm.

“Oppa I’m really cold.” Minah hangs onto him and sneezes, “I think I’m getting sick too.” DongHyun tries to help her warm up. The rest of Boyfriend look were in disgust by the way she was acting and wonder why their hyung wasn’t taking care of BaoMing.  Jeongmin goes and knocks on the bathroom door.

“Ming?” there was a silent pause, “Ming.”

“Yes?” answers a stuffy voice

“Are you okay?” he leans in to the door

“I’m fine I’m just drying up and then I’ll leave to the hotel.” Jeongmin stood at the door waiting for her to come out. After what seems like a long time BaoMing finally came out with her hair dried; she didn’t even notice that he was still there, “Jeongmin…you didn’t have to wait here for me.”

“I just wanted to make sure you doing fine like you said.” He stares at her, “Is it,” he points at her stomach, “okay?” she touches her stomach.

“I don’t feel out of the ordinary so I think everything is fine.” She bows, “You didn’t have to worry.” She walks towards the living room where everyone was, except for Minah and DongHyun.

“BaoMing umma.” DongWon runs to hug her, “Are you okay?” BaoMing squat down

“I’m fine DongWon.” She looks at Lisa and the rest of the guys, “BaoMing umma is going to go with Lisa ajumma and the ajusshis. You stay here and I’ll come back tomorrow to pack your things, okay?”

“Waeyo?”

“Don’t ask why and be a good boy. I promise I’ll come back tomorrow to help you pack your clothes and we’ll go home together.” DongWon nods sadly and walks over to Minwoo. “Minwoo I’ll leave him in your care for tonight.” She bows, “Unnie lets go.” She walks to the door.

“Ming!” she stops, “Where are you going?” DongHyun shouts

 “I’m going back to the hotel.” She stares at him, “Don’t worry about me, Lisa unnie and JaeJoong oppa is taking me. You can stay here and watch over Minah.”

“But-.”

“But nothing, YooHwan, YooChun and Junsu are staying here to watch over you. Nothing is going to happen.” She sighs, “I’ll come back and pack DongWon’s clothes. You just have to worry about Minah.”

“Ming, mianhae.” he pauses, “It was just my reaction to help her first.”

“No need to apologize. It was my fault, I should have been more careful. Now if you’ll excuse us we’ll be leaving.” She bows and walks out the door followed by Lisa and JaeJoong. She walks to the car and sits in the back seat. *Don’t cry Ming. Don’t cry. He just cares for her more and she is his girlfriend. Whatever he does isn’t your problem.*

“Ming, are you okay?” asks Lisa

“Yes unnie I’m fine. We should just go to the hotel.” Jaejoong looks at Lisa and he motion his head towards BaoMing and Lisa nods and goes sit in the back with BaoMing. Jaejoong starts the car and drives off.

“Ming.” BaoMing looks at her, “I know what happen earlier wasn’t your fault, entirely so don’t feel guilty about it. DongHyun couldn’t save both of you, so don’t be upset.”

“I know unnie but I wish that everything will just go by quickly so that I don’t have to deal with this.”

“What about DongWon?”

“If Jessica doesn’t come and get him by the end I’ll tell DongHyun about everything, so he can have a happy life with his son.” She chuckles, “He’ll probably get mad at me but it was for his own good.”

“You love him don’t you?” BaoMing hesitates

“I think I love him…but I know it just going to put him and me in more danger.” She sighs, “So I can’t love him, it is part of my job.” BaoMing looks at her, “No emotions attached.” Lisa could see that tears glimming in BaoMing’s eyes.

“I’m sorry Ming.” She hugs BaoMing

“No need to apologize, after tomorrow everything is going to go back to the ways they were.” She pulls away and wipes her tears, “We need to find EunHyuk and end this.”

 

Jeongmin walks towards DongHyun’s bedroom door and knocks. DongHyun quickly opens the door.

“Follow me outside.” Jeongmin walks to the back of the beach house with DongHyun following him. Jeongmin kept his eye on the water as DongHyun walk closer to him.

“What did you want?”

POW!

DongHyun lands on the sand with his face covering his cheek. W

“What was that for?” DongHyun yells

“That was for breaking your promise to me.” Jeongmin grabs his hyung by his shirt,

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“It has a lot to do with everything! Why did you pick Minah over her?” he sighs, “She is your wife Hyung.”

“Sooner or later we’re going to divorce. If you want her you can have her after that.” Jeongmin was so angry he threw another punch making his hyung fall on the sand again.

“I won’t waste my time for someone who doesn’t have any feelings for me.” Jeongmin spit and walk back inside. DongHyun stays on the sand for a while longer and thought about what he just said. He did see her there floating and trying to keep herself and Minah above surface. He also saw the expression she had when he swam away with Minah. After a couple of minutes he got up and walks inside the house. He walks to the fridge and grabs a pack of frozen peas and puts it on his cheek and walks into the living room.

 “Ahchoo.” Sneezes YooChun

“Hyung are you okay?” ask YooHwan

“I don’t know I might be catching a cold.” He wipes his nose. DongHyun comes out of the room and sits with the guys. YooChun looks at DongHyun, “How is um Minah?”

“She is asleep now.” DongHyun answers, “Thanks for helping BaoMing earlier.” YooChun looks at him and lies back on the couch. “I know you guys are probably mad that I didn’t save her but I really couldn’t do anything. I didn’t want to upset Minah and I also knew that at least one of you guys would save her.”

“By the way you look I think you can tell she was pretty upset with you.” Says Junsu

“Was it that obvious?”’

“BaoMing may try to hide the fact that she was upset but everyone who knows her well can tell when she is upset.” Junsu smirks, “So are you scared or afraid at the fact that your life is in danger.” DongHyun ponders on the question

“Even after I found out I was a bit afraid; but I never noticed it afterward. I always felt safe.”

“Do you ever think about ever making this relationship you have with Ming real?” ask YooHwan. DongHyun glares at him, “Because if you’re not then I suggest that you stop teasing her and leading her on. A girl’s heart isn’t meant to be tempered with.”

“Whatever happens between us is none of your concern. Your job is to protect me not get involve in my personal affairs.” DongHyun gets up, “Good night.”

“If Ming is nothing to you, then what about Minah? A model like her would surely leave you one day. But this is just me talking don’t worry about what I said.”

 DongHyun goes and puts the peas back into the fridge and walk back to his bedroom where Minah was sleeping soundly in his bed. He goes and lay there next to her. He stares at her and realizes his heart didn’t beat the way it did for BaoMing last night when they slept in the tent. He remembers how beautiful and innocent she looked. The way they stayed together as a family made him felt warm.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

The next morning everyone was having breakfast at the table. Minah caught a cold and was only drinking broth.

“Minah, are you feeling okay?” ask DongHyun

“I feel better oppa. Thanks for saving me yesterday.” She hugs his arm, and he smiles.

“Hurry up and drink your broth so we can pack, our plane takes off at five.” The door suddenly opens to reveal BaoMing. She caught Minah holding DongHyun. She quickly turns her head walks into the bedroom. DongHyun removes Minah’s hand and follows BaoMing into the bedroom. BaoMing pulled out DongWon’s pororo bag and started packing. She stops when she saw DongHyun standing at the door.

“Doesn’t this scene seem familiar?” She says and goes back to packing DongWon’s clothes.

“Why don’t you stop and have breakfast with us?” he closes the door behind him and walks towards her.

“Don’t worry as soon as I finish packing I’m taking DongWon back to the hotel with me, we’re leaving early. We’re taking YooHwan’s and Junsu’s place. They’ll leave back with you guys.” DongHyun didn’t understand BaoMing’s sudden change.

“Ming.” She ignores him and continues packing DongWon’ clothes, “Don’t be like this.” She kept ignoring him with her head down. She zips up DongWon bag and carries it passes him. “Yah Kim BaoMing!” he yells and pin her against the wall, making her drop the bag. What he saw was something he didn’t expect; she had tears coming down her face. He was startled at the site. “What wrong with you?” she turns to hide her face from him.

“Let go of me.” She said in a quiet voice. She didn’t want see or speak to him, she wanted to leave him as fast as she could.

“No, not until you tell me what is wrong with you.” His grip on her arm became tighter as his anger rose. She didn’t want to look at him at all. She just wanted to leave as soon as possible. “Look at me.” He commands her but she ignored him, “Look at me!” he yells, that made her look at him, “I know what I did was wrong. I promised Jeongmin that I’ll take care of you so you can’t just leave like this. I real am sorry for everything that has happen these last couple of days. I know having Minah here wasn’t the best idea. But you have to understand the reason why I helped her first; she is more vulnerable than you and she isn’t as strong.” 

“I hate you.” Another tear escapes her eye, her heart was filled with heartache and hatred, and “You don’t know anything about women. You only know how to use them and manipulate them until the very end.” She tries to get out of his grip, “But then again that is the one thing player knows how to do right.” She smirks, “You guys know nothing more than to hurt us, and you don’t understand how we feel at all. But like I said you don’t need to apologize, it is you instinct to save the one you love first.” With just those words he slowly let go of her wrist only staring at her. She quickly picks up her bag, “Don’t worry after this is all over you’ll never see my face again like we promise. I’ll try to get this over as soon as possible so you don’t have to worry so much about me.” She walks away from him towards the door.

“What if I want to worry about you?” she stops in her tracks, “
What if I want to take care of you?” he looks at her, “Have you ever wonder how I feel, every time I look at you. Every time I look at you I feel this sense of guilt build up inside of me and it tells me that I am responsible for you; for everything that has happen to you.” She felt like her heart wasn’t there anymore; she felt empty and heartless for that split second.

“Don’t feel responsible for those you don’t care about. Remember this I’m just passing by I’m not staying here for long.” She opens the door, “We’ll see you back at home.” She walks into the hallway leaving DongHyun in the room by himself. When she walks into the room with DongWon’s luggage everyone was surprise.

“BaoMing noona where are you going with DongWon’s luggage?” ask Minwoo

"DongWon and I are leaving at 1pm today with Lisa unnie and the guys. YooChun and Junsu will stay with you guys.” Everyone was surprise at the sudden decision.

“Noona are you mad Hyung?” ask Youngmin

“It is nothing new between couples.” She looks at DongWon, “DongWon ah, say goodbye to your ajusshis, we’re leaving to the hotel.” DongWon looks at the guys, he didn’t really want to leave but he knew staying with BaoMing was the best idea. He gets off of Kwangmin’s lap and bows to everyone.

“Goodbye ajusshis.” He walks to BaoMing and grabs her hand.

“We’ll see you guys when you get back.” She bows and leaves out the door with DongWon; as soon as they got out the door DongWon stops, “What wrong DongWon?”

“Are we going to leave appa behind?” BaoMing wasn’t expecting DongWon to ask for DongHyun. She felt guilty because she was separating father and son but she didn’t want him to be a burden on DongHyun while she left.

“Appa is coming later. We’re just going first because I have something to do.” She saw the sadness in his eyes, “I promise that your appa will come back okay. He won’t leave you.” DongWon nods and they continue to walk to the Lisa’s rental car.

 

When BaoMing got home it was it was 2 o’clock, DongWon had fallen asleep. Rocky took DongWon to her room while she took the luggage.

“Miss Kim did you need anything else.” Rocky ask her

“Nothing really.” She thought about it, “On second thought can you give me a tool box.”  Rocky was confused why she wanted tools.

“Yes.” He walks away. After tucking DongWon in for a nap she walks to the baby room. The crib was still in the box and the toys lay on the floor unopened. She goes and opens the crib box and slowly takes the pieces out. Rocky walks in with the tools box in his hand, “You can leave it there.” She pointed at the draw. Rocky places the box on the desk.

“Did you need anything else?”

“That will be all. But I’ll need you to go and pick up DongHyun at the airport around 7.” He nods and leaves the room. BaoMing starts to put the pieces together.

 

Rocky pulls up in front of an apartment. Minah gets out of the car followed by DongHyun.

“Thanks oppa for sending me home.”

“No problem.” She hugs her, “I hope you have a safe trip back to London tomorrow.”

“I love you DongHyun.” She gives him a peck and carries her bag into the apartment. DongHyun gets into the car and Rocky drives off.

“Rocky where is Ming?” he was surprise to see Rocky at the airport instead. Was she really mad at him?

“Miss was doing something in the baby room, she asked for a tool box.” DongHyun thought for sec; she did ask him if she could continue decorating.

“Where is DongWon?”

“He had supper and went back to bed after that.” DongHyun nod his head, “Youngmaster I don’t mean to offend you in any way but that little boy remind me of you when you were younger. He is really active like you but when it comes to caring he put forth his effort. That how you were back then but now you’re really different.”

“How am I different?”

“I know that you wouldn’t leave your family behind, but why did you leave Miss BaoMing by herself? I know you hated the fact that your parent arranged this for you, but remember no matter what she is still your wife. From what I see she care for you a lot. She is a very nice girl also hardworking.”

“She is mad at me right now, so I don’t think it is the right time to try and comfort her.”

“Just think carefully before you do anything, women are fragile creatures.” DongHyun nods at the advice given to him.

 

When he got home he told Rocky to retire for the evening. He went and put his luggage in his room. He decided to go and check on BaoMing. When he got into the hallway he notices that the baby room light was still on. He opens the door and saw that BaoMing was sleeping on the floor in fetus position. He took off his coat and cover her, that when he notices the crib, only the top part was done the legs weren’t put on yet. DongHyun suddenly starts to put the legs onto the crib. When he finished he put the tools back in place. He looks at her and take a picture with his; he puts his phone back into his pocket and picks her up.

“You’ve put on a little weight my friend.” He kicks her door open and slowly puts her on the bed next to DongWon. Suddenly BaoMing began to twist and turn.

1"Yúchǔn de, yúchǔn de, yúchǔn de... Wèishéme wǒ yào ài shàng yīgè xiàng nǐ zhèyàng de jiāhuo ne? Wèishéme ne?" she wishpers in Chinese, he grabs her hand and soothes her. She had a scrunch up expression.

2"Duìbùqǐ" he replies, “I really am.” He caresses her hair and kiss her forehead and leaves the room. Before leaving upstairs he took one last look at the baby room and puts the crib at the corner. He was about to leave but he just didn’t feel right so he went back and started to open all the toys and put them together.

 

BaoMing woke up in the middle of the night to help her cravings and hear some noises coming from the baby room. She took a peek and saw DongHyun still putting things together. BaoMing how bad he was struggle to stay awake. She smiles at the scene she saw, DongHyun began to play with the bears a little and then the toy cars. BaoMing giggles at his action. DongHyun suddenly looks at the door and gets up. BaoMing quickly steps back into her room. DongHyun opens the door and look around then goes back in. BaoMing comes out slowly and head to the kitchen to grab a snack; but it wasn’t satisfying. She gives up and leaves back to her room, but meets DongHyun instead.

“So I guess I was right about someone being up.” He quickly closes the door and looks at her, and the sudden memory of what happen about three hours ago,1‘Stupid, stupid, stupid…Why did I have to fall in with someone like you? Why?’ He didn’t know who she was talking about but he knew that she wasn’t happy about who it was.

“Yeah I was just grabbing a snack?” he gives her a confuse expression.

“This late at night, you didn’t eat did you?” she didn’t want to tell him because she knew exactly how he reacts when she doesn’t eat a proper meal.

“I ate.” He sighs and grabs her wrist and drags her back, “DongHyun, I’m fine just let me go.”

“No you’re not.”

“DongHyun shi,” she yanks her hand back. He looks at her, “Good night.” She walks back to her room. He knew she was still mad at her and she knew that he felt guilty but she didn’t want her feelings to get in the way. So letting him care for her was just another way of making her fall for him and then he dumps her feeling just like that. Avoiding him was the only way.

 

2 weeks later

BaoMing and the crew work their butts off trying to track EunHyuk down. They were right he was going to go to Taiwan at the same time BoyFriend was. BoyFriend was on tour for two weeks now and YooChun and Junsu was with them. DongWon would go often to the Kims to play with them while she was at work. There was still no sign of Jessica anywhere.

 

“Mrs. Kim you’re doing fine.” Says Dr.Shim, “The fetus is still small but it growing each day, it’s doing pretty well, but I need you to be careful. You’re almost done with the first trimester, pretty soon we’ll be able to find out if it a boy or girl.” He hands BaoMing a napkin to clean the rest of the gel off her stomach.

“I think it going to be a girl.” A smile form on her face, as she remembers the dream of a little girl flash in her mind. She pulls her shirt down and grabs her purse.

“So Mrs. Kim you told me you were going to be switching doctors pretty soon. Do you know where you’re going so I can send them your records?” he comes back with a prescription.

“I don’t know yet. I’ll be sure to tell you when I know.” She smile and takes the prescription from him, “I’ll see you next week doctor.” She goes out of the room, but she being followed by a figure. She gets in her car and head to the mall and goes window shopping. She passes cute skirts and shirts.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

DongHyun looks at his phone; he kept looking at his display picture of BaoMing sleeping on the floor. He could feel Jeongmin staring him down from the other end of the room. He hasn’t forgiven DongHyun for breaking the promise for another girl. He remembers the night she said ‘goodnight’ the last goodnight she said before he left on tour. He just didn’t miss her but DongWon as well, he miss his smile and his goofy laugh, most of all he miss DongWon calling him appa.

“Hyung what are you looking at?” DongHyun quickly turns off his phone and puts it in his pocket. Youngmin walks towards him.

“Nothing.”

“I thought you were looking at you’re phone.”

“No I was just looking at the time.” He sighs, “I just wanted to see if I was next to perform or not.”

“Well you’re in luck. You’re up next.” DongHyun gets up and leaves to the stage. All of a sudden he gets a text from an unknown number.

I saw your wife leaving from the clinic this morning. Just wanted you to know.

Along with the text was a picture of BaoMing leaving the clinic.

♥♥♥♥♥♥