Jeju 5

Life Goes On With or Without us

 

Youngmin and Kwangmin were at the grill, grilling away. BaoMing and Hyunseong were setting the table up. Minwoo, Jeongmin and DongWon were playing a game of tag, while Donghyun went inside to grab drink with Minah clinging onto him.

“BaoMing ah.” Says Hyunseong

“Yes?”

“Are you going back to the hotel tonight?”

“I was thinking about it, not too sure yet.” She looks at him, “Waeyo?”

“You don’t have to, you can sleep in the room me and Jeongmin is sleeping in. We’ll go to the hotel.” She gave Hyunseong a soft look

“No it fine.” She smiles, “Thanks anyways.” DongHyun sets the drinks on the table with a loud thud making her jump, “What is the matter with you?” BaoMing raises her voice.

“Nothing…I was just trying to-.”

“To what?” pops out Minah from the other side. BaoMing and Jeongmin didn’t notice she was even there.

“Nothing.” DongHyun answers her. BaoMing fixes the table cloth.

“If you’ll excuse me I have got to go a grab something inside.” She walks towards the beachhouse.

“Hyung!” Hyunseong raises his voice

“What!” Hyunseong sighs

“Nevermind.” He jogs off to the beach house. He walks into the kitchen where BaoMing was grabbing paper cups and plates, “Let me help you.” He grabs the things from BaoMing, “You shouldn’t be carrying stuff around.”

“I know…but it the only way I can keep people from finding out.” They walk back to the beach.

“You’re very obvious you know?”

“What do you mean?” her face starts to heat up

“I can tell by the way you act, you have a thing for hyung.” He smiles at her. She touches her cheek.

“It is so hard to love that hyung of your’s. It feels like I’m a babysitter, I cook and clean and all I get is a fake smile.” Hyunseong chuckles

“He is very stupid isn’t he? That is my hyung. He can’t see the obvious.” When they got back to the beach there was something going on.

“Oppa!” Minah yells

“Hyung!” the other yell

“What going on?” says BaoMing. She squints her eyes to see what was going on clearly. All she seen was somebody get throw down onto the sand. She runs to the area. She seen Jeongmin had DongHyun pinned onto the ground. “What are you guys doing?”

“Noona don’t worry they’re just wrestling for fun.” Says Minwoo, BaoMing sighs. The guys get up from the sand and pats the sand off.

“You lost hyung.” Jeongmin smiles, “remember the deal.” DongHyung smiles

“I remember.”

“I don’t want to know what the deal was but if you two are down fighting we can go and eat. I believe the meat should be ready by now.” The rest of the night was filled with laughter and smile, making BaoMing forget about what problems she had. That night everyone slept on the sand while staring at the stars except Minah who refuse to sleep outside.

BaoMing Pov

After we were done eating the guys were playing rock, paper, scissor to see who was to clean up. DongWon and I took a walk on the shore. It was nice and quiet; I felt the cool breeze through my hair and the water touching my toes. It was so at peace for that moment.

“BaoMing umma.” Says DongWon I look at him, “why aren’t we with the hyungs and appa?”

“I just wanted to take a walk. You can go back if you want.”

“Ani I was just wondering why.” Just then DongWon is carrued by someone, “Ahh” DongHyun throw DongWon in the air.

“What are you two talking about?”

“Nothing much.” DongHyun looks at me

“DongWon do you want to swing?”

“Ne.” DongWon nods, DongHyun grab one of his arm while I grab the other and swung him back and forth while he scream in joy,“ I want to stay like this forever.” He smiled at me and I was happy but I knew that it wasn’t going to happen.

“DongWon you know that can’t happen right.”

“Waeyo?” I looked at DongHyun and I could tell he didn’t want me to answer the question.

“Your umma is going to come back for you.” DongWon’s smile fades, “But you can always come back and play with your appa.” DongWon was on the verge of tears

“What about you?”

“I might be busy and can’t play with you, but I promise DongHyun appa will be your appa for now and I will always be your BaoMing umma.” I felt my heart crack a little for lying to this innocent child. “C’mon lets go back your ajusshi are probably waiting for us.” We walk towards the beach house hand in hand. It was a moment I didn’t want to forget.

“Appa look they built a house.” DongWon let go of my hand and ran to the tent with DongHyun. It was a kiddy poporro tent. DongWon was jumping up and down around the tent. “What is with the tent?” There was 2 other tents and a bonfire lit.

“Oh we were planning on watch the stars and we bought this tent for DongWon because we are sleeping under the stars tonight.” Kwangmin looks at me, “if that okay with you. Minah noona has already refused and went to the house.”

“I’m fine I’ll spend the night with you guys. It will be like the old days when I went on school trips.”

“Jeongmin knows how to play the guitar; we can all sing songs as they night passes.” All the guys took turn singing their favorite song and now it was my turn.

“Noona why don’t you sing a song for us?” suggested Minwoo

“I don’t really know how to sing.”

“Song us your favorite song. We won’t judge”

“Ne BaoMing umma, sing.” DongWon looks at me

“Fine. I’ll sing a lullaby that my mama sang for me when I was younger.” (Lullaby from Chp2)

DongHyun Pov

After Minwoo finished his song he suggested BaoMing sing.

“Noona why don’t you sing a song for us?”

“I don’t really know how to sing.”

“Sing us your favorite song. We won’t judge”

“Ne BaoMing umma, sing.” DongWon looks at me

“Fine. I’ll sing a lullaby that my mama sang for me when I was younger.” (Lullaby from Chp2). When she started to sing I felt my chills go down my spine. Her voice was beautiful almost like Sunny’s. I could hear the meaning of the words even clearer and became more meaningful. When she was done everyone was quiet.

“Wow” says Youngmin, “Noona your voice is beautiful.”

“I could have told you that.” Says an unfamiliar voice, when we all look back there standing was Lisa noona, JYJ, and YooHwan.

“Lisa ajumma.” DongWon ran to hug her. BaoMing stood up

“You guys made it.” She went and gave everyone a hug.

“When we get an invitation from you who wouldn’t miss it.” Says YooChun, Jaejoong hyung walks up to me with a gift.

“Congrats on the tour, it not much but I hope you guys like it.” I gave him a  handshake

“Thanks.”

“I didn’t have enough time to get all of you guys gifts so my brother and I borrow our family yacht so we can have the party on there instead.” Says YooChun

“Oppa you didn’t have to.”

“Ani…it the least we can do on the last minute party.”

“BaoMing I didn’t think I’ll get to hear you sing like that again after highschool.” Says Lisa, “I glad I got to hear that voice of your’s again.”

“Would you guys like to join us?” I asked them

“For a little bit; we have to return back to the hotel.”

“That is great!” yells BaoMing, “JYJ oppas have wonderful voices.” The night by quick before we knew it DongWon was asleep I carry him to the poporro tent. When I came back out BaoMing was the only person left watching the stars.

“Ming, aren’t you tired?” She looks at me with sad eyes, “What is wrong?” I sat next to her.

“The night is beautiful isn’t it?” she looks back the sky, “It remind me of my parents when we use to go stargazing. I really miss them.” She lean her head onto my shoulder.

“Ming what is wrong?” she sighs

“Life…everything.” She pauses, “I remember coming to sit here that night after ‘that’ happen. I was thinking about taking my life after what happen but the stars stopped me. I sat here the whole night with my luggage and watch the sunrise.” Every time she mention the event I felt guilty, “It was beautiful, too bad you didn’t get to see it.”

“Ming…we can always watch the sunrise together you know.” There was no answer, I look to my left she was asleep. This girl fell asleep on me while I was talking to her. I guess it okay she had to deal with all of us.

I put my hand around her and carry her to the poporro tent and laid her next to DongWon. She was so peaceful that I felt the urge to give her a kiss on the cheek. I’ve haven’t felt like this since Sunny; it was a warm tingly feeling. Why am I feeling like this? I turned around to exit the tent when I felt something tug on my pants

“Appa?” DongWon was up in his sleeping bag

“DongWon ah.” I look back at him

“Where are you going?” he asked with sleepy puppy eyes

“Appa was going to go sleep with the other ajusshi.”

“Can we all sleep together here? You can sleep next to me.” I felt my heart skip a beat; when he asked me that I didn’t even know what to say I nodded and crawl next to him and cuddle besides him. DongWon took my hand and took BaoMing’s hand and held onto it. He takes a look at me. “Appa I really want to stay like this forever; just you me and BaoMing umma.” I was surprise by how this little boy responded. Was me and BaoMing what he really wanted?

“Waeyo? Don’t you want to go back to your umma?” He shook his head, “Waeyo?”

“Umma left me behind to BaoMing umma and said that she’ll be back for me. She hasn’t come back once.” He looks at our hands, “But BaoMing umma always come back like she promises. Having BaoMing umma makes me happy and appa makes me happy too.” I look right at the sleeping BaoMing. Why did this child like her so much? I know I didn’t want DongWon to leave either because somewhere in my heart it felt as if he was mine; as if we were fated to meet.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Arthur Pov

When DongHyun finally woke up BaoMing was already out of the tent. From the outside he could hear screaming and laughing.

“Oppa what are you doing out me down!” he heard BaoMing scream

“Aniyo. It only once in a while that we get to hang out like this, I’ve have to make the best of it.” Said a voice that DongHyun couldn’t regconize.

“Ahh, oppa. Stop it. Unnie help me!” there was laughter coming from the background

“Lisa can’t help you!” DongHyun s the tent and gets out. All of a sudden he gets hit by a huge force and lands on his back. He felt the wind get knock out of him and the pain of landing backwards.

“Omo…I’m sorry DongHyun. Are you okay?” DongHyun looks up to see BaoMing on top of him. They both felt their body getting hotter and heart rate rise. She got off of him and tried to help him up.

“It is okay, I’m fine BaoMing.” he got up and dusted the sand off of him. When he looked at BaoMing her cheek was as red as tomatoes. He was worried she might have caught a cold. He quicky out his hand on her forehead; she flinch back, “Ming, are you okay? Your cheeks are red.” She quickly removes his hand and cups her cheeks with her hands.

“I’m fine I…I just ran too much.” She walks back towards the house. He watches her as she pouts back to the house. Junsu watch a smile form on DongHyun’s face.

“Ahem.” DongHyun came back to reality and finally notice Junsu was standing there the whole entire time, “I can see that you two are getting along quite nicely.” Junsu walks closer to DongHyun and puts his hand on his shoulder, “Even if you try to act like you don’t it can be easily seen.” Junsu walks back to the group of people standing at the house; DongHyun on the other hand was dumbfounded.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lisa and Jaejoong were preparing food in the kitchen for the picnic on the yacht later. Jaejoong took some chill powder and started to season the meat with it.

“Yah!” Lisa grabs a hold of Jaejoong’s wrist.

“What?” says Jaejoong

“Not everyone here eats the same amount of chill you do. If you want it to be spicy bring extra spice to the yacht later.” Lisa took the bottle of chill powder away from Jaejoong and went back to what she was doing. BaoMing walks into the kitchen with her hands still on her cheeks, only looking forward. Lisa notices that she was acting weird. “Ming.” BaoMing was as still as a ghost, “Ming!”

“Ne unnie.”

“What is wrong with you? You’re standing there as if you’re under some kind of frozen spell.”

“No unnie I’m fine. I was just thinking about something.” BaoMing notice the vegetables on the counter, “I’ll help you and oppa.” BaoMing grabs the veggies and washes them. “Has Chunnie oppa called back yet?”

“They’ll be back in an hour or so.” Three hours later the Park brothers finally arrive with their family yacht. The two were so sorry because apparently they forgot to tell the boat keeper that they were coming so they hand to wait an extra hour for the boat keeper to get there. Everyone forgave them after DongWon ask everyone to. Not too long afterwards everyone was loaded onto the boat and was ready to go into the deep blue ocean. The Park brothers had everything; they had waiters ready to serve, a captain on board, and chefs in the kitchen. The waiters cme and took the food basket they prepared and took it to the kitchen to be cook. Everyone was amazed.

“Oppa.” BaoMing went to YooChun, “all you said was a boat. Why all this?” he leans and whispers into her ear.

“My uncle heard that we were taking Boyfriend on a yacht ride, so he decided to give us the whole nine yards.” He back away and smile at BaoMing. She smiles back hug YooChun.

“Thank you oppa, tell ajusshi that I said thanks.” YooChun pats her on her head. Minah walked around the yacht in amazement. It was beautiful beyond compare to her.

“Wow this is so pretty.” She leans against the railing looking down at the water.

 “Don’t lean too close.” Minah jump back in surprise; YooHwan was walking towards her, “If you can’t swim don’t stand too close to the railing. You can fall over.” She scoffs and cross her arms.

“Are you worried about me?” YooHwan smirk at her, who did she think she was to think that someone like him would worry about someone like her.

“Ani…I just didn’t want to be responsible for the death of DongHyun’s mistress.” YooHwan smile and bows before leaving her. She pouts at the comment that was just given to her.

“Yah…you stupid boy.” She stomps her feet and walks below deck, “I’ll show you, you idiotic boy.”

 

 

BaoMing was sitting together with Jeongmin watching DongWon play blind tag with the rest of the guys. She smiles at the sight of DongWon. The waiter comes around with wine.

“No thank you.” The waiter goes to Jeongmin and he takes a glass, “Jeongmin?” she looks at him, “Do you think the fact that DongHyun is married gives him lower popularity.” Jeongmin takes a sip of his wine and thinks for a sec.

“In all honesty I believe it does take its toll, but I think he still has a lot of fans regardless of his marital status.” He looks at her, “What with the sudden question?”

“I was just wondering, because all of you guys are idols and him being married in the middle of his career might not be a good thing.” She sighs, “I know fans are a really big deal when it comes to groups.”

“Ming what are you saying?” Jeongmin was very curious, she sounded like she was going to leave his hyung. But in her mind she was thinking of giving him a good reason why she was going to leave him. She planned to catch EunHyuk by next month and leave like the contract said.

“It was just a question Jeongmin.” she focuses on DongWon again

“You aren’t planning on leaving are you?”

“I’m not too sure myself either Jeongmin.” She smirks and looks at Jeongmin, “Things happen and by the way things look, I think it is best for me to leave after the mission.” Jeongmin was in disbelief. The girl that he knows he has feelings for was planning on leaving; but he knew he couldn’t stop her. “I know you won’t agree but it best for me to leave as soon as possible.”

“What about DongWon?”

“He’ll go back to his umma; if he doesn’t by the he’ll stay with DongHyun.”

“And the baby?”

“A secret that I’ll carry with me and I hope you and HyunSeong will help me with that secret.” Jeongmin nods, he knew the reason why she didn’t want his hyung to know about the child but he really wanted to let his hyung know. As long as his hyung can make her stay he was willing to tell him. BaoMing suddenly turns and look out at the sea.

“What wrong?” Jeongmin asks

“I thought…it probably was nothing.” She gets up, “I’m going to go below deck.” On her way there she met with Minah walking out from below deck. “Excuse me.” She walks pass her to the restroom down below.

“I need to talk to you, at the back of the boat.” Minah walks out from below deck. Not too long after BaoMing met up with her in the back. Minah was throwing bits and piece into the water. BaoMing slowly walk to her. “You finally arrived.”

“What do you want?”

“I-“ she got cut off by BaoMing

“Hold up if this is about DongHyun I don’t want to discuss anything.” Minah smirks

“Well well well clever girl now are we? That was the exact matter I came to discuss with you.” BaoMing scoffs, “You see BaoMing, you and I both know I don’t like you very much and me being me, I given him to you for long enough.” She stands right in front of BaoMing, “I want him back.”

“It isn’t like I can make him choose.”

“Well sure you can.” She smiles, “Meet me back her after dinner.” Minah walks back to the front of the yacht. Leaving BaoMing at the back by herself looking into the distant.

“Ming!” she turns around and saw DongHyun walking towards her, “What are you doing back here?”

“I was talking to Minah a little while ago?”

“What were you two talking about?”

“Nothing important.” BaoMing suddenly felt a sudden chill go down her back and turns around.

“What wrong?”

“Nothing, lets head back to the front with the others.” She walks pass him. When she gets back to the front of the boat she walks straight to Lisa and the guys. She stood right next to Lisa. “Unnie.”

“What?”

“Have you notice something weird?” Lisa looks at BaoMing with a weird expression, “I’ve have this feeling like we’re being watch from somewhere.” BaoMing eyes roam the open sea; Lisa also looks around and notices nothing.

“No I didn’t notice anything.” BaoMing looks at the guys and talk in a low voice.

“Oppas  have you guys notice something strange?” the guys look at each other.

“Now that you’ve mention it I been having this feeling that someone is watching us from afar.” Says YooHwan. Ever since YooChun and YooHwan got on the boat they felt as if they’ve been followed. They all start to look at each other.

“Should we head back to land then?” Junsu asks

“No, we don’t want to scare anybody and we aren’t too sure about it either; let stay and see what happens.” Suggested Jaejoong

“We got to keep a close eye around them until we get back on land after dinner.” Says Lisa

“If anything happens, help DongWon and  DongHyun first.” Syas BaoMing, “I’ll help anyone nearby.” Everyone nod in response, but in reality everyone was very anxious about what was going to happen that night. All of their senses were super sharp especially because they didn’t have any back up.

 

Around 5 o’clock was when dinner started, the sun was still out and shining and it was beautiful. Everyone was gathering around the dinner table set on the deck. DongHyun got up to make a toast to s.

“I know it been a long couple of years but I am happy to say that I am proud of you guys. I know I haven’t been the best leader but I hope in the future I will do better. To my members who have never given up on me; we may have not been born from the same family or have the same blood but we have a strong bond; and I hope nothing ever comes in between that.” DongHyun raises his glass, “Boyfriend I love you, and may we never part.” Everyone else raises there glass, “Cheers!”

“Cheers!” everyone shout and he sits. Minwoo looks at DongHyun,

“What?” he asks

“Aren’t you going to say anything to noona?” whispers Minwoo, he stares at his hyung trying to get him to say something again. DongHyun finally gets up and catches everyone’s attention.

“I like to say something else.” He fixes his shirt and sighs. He didn’t know what to say, “I like to say thank you to Lisa noona and the hyungs for my protection, without you guys I don’t know what would happen to me. And to BaoMing,” he pauses and looks at her while she tries to avoid any eye contact with him, “I want to say sorry for all that you had to go through because of me. I know that I’ve done a lot of wrong things and that you’ll never forgive me, but I want to say thank you for everything you’ve done for me,” and thank you for this small party that you threw for us, we really appreciate it.” He sits back down, “And now let’s eat.” As everyone was eating BaoMing can see Minah feeding little bit and pieces of food to DongHyun. She felt jealous and annoyed but she knew she couldn’t do anything about it. Everyone else also notice the awkward aura that was going around the dinner table also. The waiter comes around with wine.

“No thanks you.” Says BaoMing,

“Ming how come you’re not drinking wine?” says Lisa, “I thought you love it.”

“Not today unnie, I’m trying not to drink while on the job.” BaoMing continues eating. Lisa found it weird that BaoMing didn’t even take a sip of wine. She knew that BaoMing love wine and she also knew that BaoMing knew when to stop.

After an hour of eating and laughing at the dinner table everyone separated. BaoMing goes to the side of the boat to check to see if there was anything going on. Not too long she hears heels walking towards her. She turns to find Minah walking towards her. BaoMing turns back and look at the horizon as Minah walks over and stands next to her.

“Han BaoMing, I notice the way you were looking at me at the dinner table.” She looks at BaoMing, “Don’t think just because you his wife I can’t do the things I want.” BaoMing tries to leave but get pulled back by Minah, “Where do you think you’re going? I’m not done talking to you.” As she brags to BaoMing, BaoMing sees a small boat driving toward the yacht, BaoMing can see a figure in black trying aiming at them.

“GET DOWN!” BaoMing yells and got everyone’s attention. YooHwan and Junsu ran towards DongHyun and DongWon while the rest ran after the rest of the members. BaoMing pulls out her handgun from her shoe and starts to shoot towards the boat. Minah was scared and panic she lost her balance and almost fell into the water, BaoMing grabs her hand, “Hold on.” The weight was too much making them both fall in. The gunman quickly rides away leaving the two in the water. Minah struggles to stay above so BaoMing swims over to help.

They could hear footstep running all over the deck.

“BaoMing! Minah!” everyone yells, BaoMing doggy paddles towards the yacht. She was cold and helping Minah wasn’t any better.

“We’re down here!” she yells, soon Youngmin’s face pops out from the yacht.

“I found them! They’re over here!” Youngmin yells, “Noona we’ll come and save you. Just hang on.” There were tons of footsteps heard running to the side. Pretty soon everyone was looking over board. DongHyun and DongWon finally appear, DongHyun quickly took off his cardigan and jumps in, with YooChun following him. She thought DongHyun was coming for her but he swim right pass her to Minah and grabs her. BaoMing felt as if she didn’t exist; he swims right in front of her, without even looking. YooChun swims up to BaoMing and hold her in his embrace.

“Ming, are you okay?” she didn’t answer but lean into his chest. YooChun swims towards the back of the boat, his chest all of a sudden felt warm. He looks down to see BaoMing crying. “Ming.” He wisphers

“Please don’t let them see me like this.” YooChun nods and swims to the back of the yacht. BaoMing kept her head down to hide her eyes. When they got to the back Youngmin and Kwangmin was helping Minah up from the water. Minwoo stood behind with DongWon to avoid another accident. DongHyun climbs the ladder up, as soon as he got up there Minah runs and hold him.

“Oppa!” she cries, “I was so scared.” DongHyun holds her and pats her head.

“You’re going to be fine. Everything is alright.” BaoMing finally climbs up the ladder with Yoochun behind her. She took a glimpse at the hugging couple and that didn’t make her feel any better. Lisa runs and hugs her.

“Ming, are you okay?” she hides her red eyes from her unnie. As soon as YooChun gets out of the water he sees the couple. He walks over and carries BaoMing bridal style and leaves the group. This caught everyone’s attention.

“You can cry on me as long as you want, I won’t stop you.” YooChun whispers to BaoMing, just with those words she broke down in front of her beloved oppa.

“I don’t know what I’m doing anymore oppa. I don’t. Help me. Help me oppa.” She in hales sharply, “I want to go back to Seoul now.” YooChun nods as his dongsae cried in his arm.