Going

Life Goes On With or Without us

Everyone was at the hospital waiting to either get checked up or check up on somebody. There were tons of news reporters waiting at the hospital door to ask the group question. But no one was in the mood especially DongHyun, not an hour ago he found out that his ex wife was with him the whole entire time. Now she is in the emergency room fighting for her life. Minwoo was rocking DongWon to sleep.

Jaejoong and Lisa’s men took care of EunHyuk and his men; they were on a one way flight back to Seoul tomorrow. Youngmin had his arm in a hanger to prevent him from moving too much. JYJ and YooHwan were trying to hold off the reporters who were trying to get in to the hospital. Lisa was trying to get hold of the agency to report the completed mission. BaoMing was somewhere in the hospital calling DongHyun’s umma.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Umma.”

“Oh, BaoMing ah, is everything okay.”

“No everything is fine umma.” BaoMing sighs, “I just wanted to tell you that the mission is finished.”

“Really.” Mrs. Kim exclaim, “That is wonderful news…So what about you Ming? What are you going to do next?” BaoMing sighs at the question, she knew what she was going to do but it was going to be a hard decision.

“I’m coming back to Korea and visit you and appa one last time before leaving.” BaoMing looks down at the floor.

“Leaving?” Mrs. Kim was confused, “To where? Why?”

“Umma our arrangement was for me to capture Lee EunHyuk. Now that I got that done I’m no longer in service to you.” She sighs trying to keep the tears back, “And…”

“And what?”

“Jessica is back.” She smiles a sad smile, “She back and she has your grandson with her. I pretty sure you and appa will have an idea of who that is.” She sniffs as the tears came down her face.

“Ming…” Mrs. Kim didn’t know what to say, “I’m really sorry to put you through all this. And I’m thankful to have met a girl like you.”

“Me too.” BaoMing wipes her tears, “It was nice doing business with you…Mrs. Kim.” She hung up the phone and cries hoping that no one would find her in this situation.

 

 

The emergency door opens and the doctor walk out with two nurses behind him. DongHyun stood up immediately and walk towards the doctor.

“Doctor, how is she?” the doctor looks at him with a concern face.

“She is stable for now but,” he takes off his glasses and sighs, “she doesn’t have much time left. The cancer is spreading so it is going to be harder for her to heal and might take time. The only thing we can do is ease the pain until she fully recovers.” The doctor pats his shoulder, “I’m sorry my dear boy.” And he walks off.

DongHyun stumble onto his knee after hearing what the doctor said, “She has cancer.” DongHyun begins to cry and hits the floor, “WHY!” Jeongmin and Hyunseong run to his side and pick him off the floor.

“Hyung, stop it. This isn’t the place to be doing all of this.” Said Jeongmin, “We all know you’re upset but hurting yourself isn’t going to make things better.” They place DongHyun in a seat; Jeongmin sits and notices that BaoMing was nowhere to be seen, “Hyunseong, have you seen Ming?” he shook his head.

“I haven’t seen her since we got here.”

Jeongmin remembers the face BaoMing had when the paramedics were rolling Jessica down to the emergency room. DongHyun was holding onto her hand and wasn’t letting go. The only name that came out of his mouth was ‘Jessica’. He didn’t take a second look at BaoMing or anyone else. If he didn’t know better he could tell that she had feelings for his hyung.

“I’m going to go look for her.” Jeongmin gets up and run around the hospital looking for her but she was nowhere to be found. He ran to the main entrance, but that was a bad idea because there were tons of fans and reporters waiting there.

“Ahh it is Jeongmin oppa.” Yells a fan and that cause more screaming and chaos, he tries looking over his fans and saw BaoMing exiting the building. He broke through the crowd and saw her getting into a taxi. He ran out the building and got into a taxi and follows BaoMing.

She stops at a floral shop and bought two bouquets of flowers, lilies and white roses. Then they taxi continues down south until they stop at a cemetery. BaoMing pays her fee and walks into the cemetery. She walks towards two head stone, on a hill below a tree, and kneels down.  Jeongmin slowly follows her all the way to the cemetery. BaoMing lay the flowers down on each head stone and kowtow at each one.

“Ba, Ma, I’m back. I’m sorry for not visiting after all these years.” She chuckles, “I feel awful. I know you guys are proud of me and glad that I got to where I am today. But what this is all for? Why do I hurt and get injure? Why do I sit and do nothing? Why do I always stay in the background and watch as everyone goes happily towards their future?” a fell from her face, “Am I meant to stay alone forever.” She pauses “I miss you guys, I really wish you guys were here with me. Maybe my life would have made more since.”

Jeongmin hid behind a headstone eavesdropping on her conversation. She kowtows one last time and gets up and leaves.

 

 

BaoMing walks to the hospital desk.

“Can I know which room Jung Jessica is in?” the nurse looks up her name and looks back at BaoMing.

“We don’t have a Jung Jessica here.” BaoMing was confused, by now she should have been put in a room, “But we do have a Kim Jessica.”

“Sorry it was my mistake, I meant Kim Jessica.” BaoMing gave her fake smile, “I forgot she got married.”

“She is in rm 528.”

“Thank you.” She walks towards the elevator and bumps into YooHwan, “YooHwan? Aren’t you supposed to be outside?”

“Yeah, but the police officers got it.” He notices BaoMing’s red eyes, “Are you okay Ming?”

“O…I’m fine.” The elevator door opens and they enter.

“Hold the door!” yells Jeongmin, “Hold the door!” he runs into the elevator, “O, Ming you here too.”

“Yes.” She stares at his face, “Aren’t you supposed to be resting back at the hotel.”

“Umm…I decided to visit Jessica and see how they were doing?”

 

 

In the room DongHyun was sitting next to an unconscious Jessica, crying and kissing her hand. Everything that they had together crosses his mind. The way he proposed, their wedding, their honeymoon, basically everything until the moment he found her letter.

“Jess, you can’t leave me.” He wipes his tears, “You remember when you ask me would I forgive my wife if she came back. I would forgive her. So you have to wake up; you can’t leave me and DongWon.”

“Dong…Hyun.”a weak voice said

“Jess, how are you feeling?” he was filled with excitement and panic, “Does it hurt anywhere? Do I need to call the doctor?”

“Where is DongWon?”

“He went back to the hotel with the guys and some of the guards.” He caresses her face

“You’re not mad at me?”

“I was at first but that is old news.”

“Where is Ming?” she asks, DongHyun was so worried about Jessica that he forgot about BaoMing. The girl who was in charge of saving his life was nowhere to be seen. He felt horrible, he forgotten all about how she must have felt.

“I don’t know.”

“DongHyun,” he looks at her, “Do you have feelings for her?” DongHyun didn’t know how to answer, was he in love with her or was it just a feeling, “You don’t have to tell me.” He looks at Jessica hold her hand with both of his.

“You have every right to know.”

“I don’t. I’m not your wife. I am your ex wife.”

“You are my wife, Ming isn’t my wife. She is just my parents’ employee; she poses as my wife to protect me. She is nothing but a fake to me.” He felt that denying his feelings about BaoMing would make him feel better.

“What about the baby that she had? Surely there was something going on.”

“The baby was a mistake; I was drunk. But she had a miscarriage, does any of these things matter.” The door clicks, catching both their attention. DongHyun goes and open the door; there stood a very angry YooHwan and Jeongmin. Not too far away from the door was BaoMing leaning against the wall.

“Ming?” DongHyun said softly. She looks up at him with tear fill eyes; she smirks at him. The way she looked kills him inside. Since he has known her he was the only one capable to make her cry the way she did.

“The contract is done.” She wipes her tears, “We’re both free.”

“Ming, I-.”

“You don’t have to worry about me anymore.” A tear streams down her cheek, “I’m just a person passing by now.” she stands onto her feet, “I’ll call the lawyer and you’ll get what you always wanted. Give my regards to Jessica.” She bows and runs away with Jeongmin following her. DongHyun tries to follow her but is stop by YooHwan.

YooHwan shakes his head, “I guess she is nothing now is she.” He scoffs, “I’ll be taking her back. You don’t have to worry about her anymore,” he points at Jess, “Your wife is the one you have to worry about now.” He walks in the direction that BaoMing went.

 

BaoMing ran down the hall and down the emergency stairs.

“BaoMing!” yells Jeongmin, “Slow down, you don’t want to hurt yourself.”

She didn’t care; all she wanted was to get as far away as possible from DongHyun. The man that she had grown to love was gone. He had somebody else in mind, his ex, no his wife. She ran until she gotten to the first floor. She ran out the door and heads towards the main entrance but runs into somebody.

“I’m sorry.” She looks up to see who it was. The guys had a bouquet of roses in his hand. He had a baby face.

“BaoMing, is that you?” BaoMing looks a little harder and recognize who he was.

“Aaron ge.(Ge = older brother F&M)(Fahrenheit – Taiwanese)” She hugs him and began to cry. Jeongmin runs and saw that she was hugging somebody he didn’t recognize. He was about to walks back when he heard her name.

“BaoMing! What wrong!” Jeongmin turns around and seen that BaoMing had collapses on the floor. He ran quickly towards her.

“Ming, Ming, Ming.” He quickly picks her up, but Aaron stops him.

“Who are you?” Aaron asks

“I’m her friend. So if you’re worried about her then hurry up.” Jeongmin and Aaron head towards the desk. YooHwan gets off the elevator and saw the two guys taking BaoMing back to the front desk.

“Aaron Ge?” he ran towards the two guys.

Two nurses and a doctor run in with a trolley. Jeongmin lays her down and chase after them to the urgent care. YooHwan finally caught up with the guys.

“Aaron ge?” he puts his hand on Aaron’s shoulder. Aaron turns around.

“YooHwan what are you doing here?”

“We’re here on a mission.”

“Really?” Aaron had a smile on his face, “Is Lisa and the gang here too?”

“Yeap, everyone is here.”

“Ahem.” Jeongmin clears his throat and caught the guys attention, “You wouldn’t mind introducing us do you.”

“Sorry. Aaron ge this is Jeongmin, one of our employer’s son band member. Jeongmin this is Yan Aaron, he is part of our agency branch here in Taiwan and a long time friend of BaoMing.”

“It is nice to meet you.” Jeongmin and Aaron shake hands

“It a pleasure to meet you too.” Aaron focus goes back to YooHwan, “So what up with her? BaoMing doesn’t usually just collapse like that.” YooHwan tries to avoid eye contact, “Park YooHwan are you disrespecting my authority.”

“Ge, she just tired.”

“I’ll find out if you’re lying or not as soon as the doctor comes back out.” He sighs, “Which one of you made her cry?” he looks at Jeongmin then at YooHwan.

“Ge, let me explain.” YooHwan begins telling the story to Aaron. (Remember YooHwan doesn’t know that Baoming is still pregnant). “…and then she ran into you and that all I know.” They were sitting now.

“Who is this Kim DongHyun?!” Aaron stood up, “I want to meet him. How dare he hurt her like that?” Jeongmin quickly stood up and kneels in front Aaron.

“Behalf of my hyung I will like to apologize.” He kowtows

“Get up!” Aaron looks in the other direction, “Today is a good day for me; don’t ruin it by being all formal. I don’t like that stuff.” Jeongmin stood up

“Why are you here ge?” asks YooHwan

“I’m a baba.” A smile appear on Aaron’s face, “I was actually on my way to the room when I bump into all of you guys and now I’m wrapped up in this mess.”

“Ge, congratulations.”  He hugs Aaron, “Where is Cyndi’s room? I want to go and see my new...umm.”

“Nephew.”

“Yes, nephew.”

“If you go who is going to wait for BaoMing?”

“You guys can go YooHwan ssi, I’ll wait for the doctors to come out.” Said Jeongmin.

“If she wants to come visit after she wakes up the room number is 428.” Said Aaron. YooHwan and Aaron walks towards the elevator.

Not too longer afterwards the doctor rolls BoaMing out in a wheel chair.

“Ming, how are you feeling?” he walks toward her with his hands in his pocket. BaoMing thank the nurse and she left BaoMing with Jeongmin.

“I’m feeling better thank you.” She touches her abdomen

“Is the little guys okay?”

“The baby is fine; they said I was just too tired and stress out.”

“I could imagine why.” Jeongmin chuckles and notice BoaMing looking around,“Who are you looking for?” she looks up at Jeongmin

“Oh I just thought…” she smirks, “Nevermind.”

“Are you looking for your Aaron ge?” BaoMing was shock to hear the name leave his lips.

“Was I sleep talking?” Jeongmin starts to chuckle and squats down to BaoMing’s level.

“Aniyo, you collapsed in front of your Aaron ‘ge’. He was really worried about you, but he had somebody else to worry about.”

“Who?” she tilts her head

“He said something about a nephew to YooHwan ssi.” BaoMing thought about it for a sec and then it finally click.

“Cyndi jie jie,(Older sister), had a baby?”

“If that the name then yes, I believe they had a baby boy. Did you want to go see them?” BaoMing nods,
“Well, what are we waiting for?” he rolls the wheelchair towards the elevator.

 

DongHyun exits the elevator door and walks down the hall with his hands in his pocket.

“What do I do now?” he sighs and scratches his head, “There is Jessica than there is…” the image of BaoMing crying pops up in his head. He shakes the image out of his mind, “Aish, what am I going to do?” he stops and looks around and realize he wasn’t on the third floor. “Where am I?” he walks a little farther and saw a nursery with all on the newborns. He went up to the window and takes a look at the babies.

“Only if I wasn’t so thoughtless.” He mumbles. There were about ten newborn sleeping soundly in the nursery; more boys than girls. A smile crept up on his face and he felt all warm and fuzzy.

 

 

“BaoMing are you sure you can walk? You shouldn’t work too hard.” BaoMing holds onto YooHwan’s arm for support.

“YooHwan, I can walk. I don’t need you or anybody rolling me in a chair.” She smiles, “Plus I want to pay Jessica unnie a visit before I leave tomorrow afternoon.” They got to her door and knock, “You stay out her while I talk to unnie.” YooHwan sit in the chair next to the door.

“Come in.” said a weak voice. BaoMing opens the door. Jessica lay on her bed and was as pale as ghost, “Oh, Ming, you’re still here. I wanted to apologize for earlier-,”

“No apology needed.” BaoMing sits on the chair next to the bed, “It is no longer my problem. I just want to come visit you before I left tomorrow. YooChun, YooHwan , and a couple of our men has agree to stay  here with you until you are ready to leave.”

“You’re really leaving tomorrow?”

“The rest of the team and I are heading back to Seoul tomorrow afternoon. I have to go and complete some papers for the mission. DongWon will stay here with you too because I’ll be too busy.” She pauses, “And I think it will be better if he stays with his appa before his appa’s last tour.”

“Ming, I’m sorry.”

“No need to be sorry unnie, it was your place…it always has been.” BaoMing stands up, “I’ll be leaving to the hotel.” BaoMing takes out the hotel room key and sets it on the night stand, “I’ll leave the spare to you. The agency has paid for the next two nights and hope that you’ll get better. Good bye hopefully for the last time.” She bows and leaves Jessica speechless on her bed.

 

Dongwon was sleeping in Boyfriends room with Kwangmin, while everyone else packed to leave tomorrow afternoon.

“Hyunseong hyung, what are we going to do about DongHyun’s stuff?” ask Youngmin. Everyone looks at a suitcase full of unfolded clothes and toiletries

“DongHyun says he’ll come back tonight to pack.”

“Mostly likely not.” Says Jeongmin, who got back not too long ago, “We minus will just pack for him.”

Minwoo looks at the sleeping Kwangmin and pouts.

“Kwangmin was so lucky. He packed before anybody and gets to sleep while we’re packing.” Eneryone chuckles a bit and continues with packing.

Minwoo’s smile slowly disappears, “Hey, what will happen to BaoMing noona if Jessica noona is around?”