Accepted

Life Goes On With or Without us

Yoona walks back and forth in her apartment. She has a document in her hands. The heading of the paper says

Plan ‘B’

Destroy Starship Entertainment

 

“That is the last box.” DongHyun put the box in BaoMing’s car, “Anything else?”

“We move them to your house.” EunMi was holding onto her bear, “I’ll go and pick up DongWon and meet you at the house later.” She grabs EunMi’s hand, “C’mon let’s go pick up DongWon oppa.”

 

Lisa got to her desk and saw a bouquet of red roses sitting on her desk. She looks at the note that was attached to it.

Happy Birthday Lisa

Let have dinner later? My treat.

-Jae Oppa

A smile appears on her face. She looks over her shoulder and sees Jaejoong working with YooHwan and YooChun on aside case. Jaejoong notices Lisa looking at him with a smile. She waves the note in her hand and nods.

“It has been almost ten years.” She talks to herself, “I should give him a chance.”

 

Jaejoong smile and looks back down at the guys.

“What is with the huge grin?” ask YooChun

“Nothing.” YooChun looks back at Lisa and then back to Jaejoong, “She said yes didn’t she?” Jaejoong replies with a shrug.

“Ehy hyung, after what, almost nine years she finally said yes.” Said YooHwan , “So what are you going to do Hyung?”

“Take her out for a birthday date. It been almost ten years this time I’m going to make her say yes.”

 

DongHyun and Rocky carries the boxes into the house.

“Thanks Rocky.” He stretches, “Julia.” She runs out from the kitchen.

“I need you to clean out that extra room upstairs for BaoMing and fix up the baby room a bit for EunMi. They’ll be here in a bit.” Julia leaves to the baby room.

“Oppa!” Minah comes in through the door. She looks around the room and notices all the boxes, “ Oppa are you going somewhere?” she clings onto his arms.

“Minah, you shouldn’t be here?”

“Why?” she pouts, “I miss you so much today. This morning when I got to work they said that you weren’t in so after the photo shoot I came here. I didn’t expect you to be packing.”

“These aren’t my boxes.” Minah gave him a confused look.

“T- Then whose boxes are they?” She point at the boxdes

“They are mine.” BaoMing walks through the door with DongWon and EunMi behind her, “DongWon take EunMi to your room.” DongWon grabs EunMi’s hand and walks to his room.

“What is she doing here?” she glares at BaoMing, “What are you doing here you little wench?”

BaoMing crosses her arms and walks towards Minah and clears .

“I am here to once again save your beloved DongHyun.” BaoMing said with a mocking expression, “I do believe you know the drill Minah. But for your own good I shall say them anyways, as long as I am still employed you must keep your distance away from him. But if you can’t help your emotions meet where you guys can’t be seen.” BaoMing goes and picks up a box of EunMi’s boxes, “Now if you’ll excuse me I have some unpacking to do.” She leaves Minah and DongHyun alone.

DongHyun and Minah watch BaoMing disappear into the baby room. Minah pushes DongHyun.

“What was that for?” ask DongHyun

“I’m guessing by the way she is talking to me, she doesn’t know either?” DongHyun answer with silence. Minah scoffs, “DongHyun, when are you going to tell everybody? We hidden this for long enough.”

“Minah this isn’t the right time. If anyone find out about it than you’ll become the target.”

“Oppa I can’t stand this anymore.” She was frustrated, “I’ll give you one more chance and if you don’t tell them I will.” Minah storms out of the house.

DongHyun grabs another box and walks toward the baby room. He stops and knocks on the door.

“Come in.” DongHyun enters the room. BaoMing was putting away EunMi’s clothes. She looks back at him, “She left already. I thought maybe she would have stayed for dinner or something.”

“Where do you want this?”

“Put it over there by the crib.” DongHyun puts the box down by the crib.

“Ming, can I ask you something?”

“Yes.”

“I notice the way you’ve been acting, you seem to have changed quite a bit.” She gave him a curious, “You seem a lot more-.” He got cut off by BaoMing.

“Cunning?” BaoMing smirks and turns around, “I was only 20 when I married you and got pregnant. I was still young, dumb and scared. After four years I had no choice but to build up my courage as a single mother. I can’t keep being a coward and live in fear.”

“So talking back like that to Minah is so great?”

“If you remember correctly DongHyun I’m posing as your wife. I can’t just act all happy and glad to see my so called husband’s mistress here am I?” she crosses her arms, “If you want me to save you then you have to let me do my job correctly. I’m just letting her know her place until all this is over.” BaoMing return to unpacking.

“Han BaoMing.”

“If there is nothing else you’ll like to talk about then please let me be.” DongHyun takes a deep breath before leaving the room. BaoMing takes a huge sigh and leans onto the draw.

BaoMing walks into the room and closes the door behind her. She leans against the door when she notices Minah raising her voice at DongHyun. She slightly opens the door and listens to their conversation.

“I’m guessing by the way she is talking to me, she doesn’t know either?” DongHyun answer with silence. Minah scoffs, “DongHyun, when are you going to tell everybody? We hidden this for long enough.”

“Minah this isn’t the right time. If anyone find out about it than you’ll become the target.”

“Oppa I can’t stand this anymore.” She was frustrated, “I’ll give you one more chance and if you don’t tell them I will.” Minah storms out of the house.

“What are you not telling me DongHyun?” she sighs.

------

Jaejoong was in all dressed up and a suit and tie. He goes and opens the door for Lisa. She had her hair down; she had short red dress on with a small slit on the right side of her dress.

“What are we doing here?” Lisa asks. They were at the one of the most expensive restaurant in Seoul. Jaejoong stands next to Lisa with his hands in his pocket.

“Remember when we first started training and we came past here.” He looks up at the restaurant’s sign. “You said that you’ll love to eat here one day.”

“You remember?” Lisa was touched. Jaejoong nods

“But ever since we started the job and you became captain it only became a dream.” He took a deep breath, “So tonight since it is your birthday I’ll make all of your wishes come true.”

“All of my wishes?” she thought for a sec, “Then how about we leave her for starters.” Jaejoong gave her a confusing look, “I know I told you that I wish that I could eat here one day but that was almost 10 years ago.”

“Then what do you want to do?” Lisa thought about it.

“Let’s go to Han River and have a picnic there.”

“A picnic? At this time?” Lisa looks at him, “Fine, it is your birthday anyways.” Jaejoong goes and opens the car door for Lisa. “Let get going.” He smiles at Lisa.

----------

DongHyun carries EunMi to the baby room after giving her a bath. DongHyun pretends to sniff EunMi.

“Wow, EunMi smells very nice.” He goes and grabs some of her clothes from the draw.

“Ajussi, who was that lady from earlier?” DongHyun helps her put her clothes on.

“Who?”

“That pretty lady that was in the room earlier when umma, oppa and I got to ajussi’s house.”

“Oh. She is one of ajussi’s friends.”

“DongWon oppa told me that he doesn’t like ajussi’s friend. He says that she is a very bad person.” DongWon sighs

“Do you think she is a bad person, EunMi ah?”

“I don’t know her well enough to say she is bad or good. Umma say to never judge a book by its cover.” DongHyun smiles at her and gets up to grab the hair brush, “Ajussi.”

“Yes?” he looks back at her.

“Do you know who my appa is?” DongHyun stood there, “DongWon oppa said that you are his appa and that his umma die, but umma never told me about my appa.” DongHyun pick up EunMi and puts her in his lap and brushes her hair.

“Does your umma talks about your appa to you?”

“Sometimes.” she sigh, “But then she starts to cry.”

“Do you know why?”

“She says that is because she misses appa, but she said she left for a reason.” EunMi was starting to dose off, “She said it was because appa had another wife and child that needed him more.” DongHyun stayed quiet as he brushed her hair, but in his mind he was saying that he was sorry.

 

DongHyun closes the door to EunMi’s room and walk towards the stairs; he stops at the kitchen door when he notices that BaoMing was still in the kitchen. She was still cleaning the table.

“Why don’t you just have Julia do that?” he leans against the door way. BaoMing was surprise to see DongHyun still up.

“I dismissed Julia. She looked pretty tired today.” BaoMing went to the sink to wash the dishes, “Is EunMi asleep?”

“Yeah.” DongHyun smile and walks towards BaoMing, “Let me help you with that.” He grabs a sponge and stood next to BaoMing.

“Thanks.” there was silence between the two.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“Dragging you into this all over again, and the bar fight yesterday.” He looks at her a notice her lip. He touches it. BaoMing backs away, “Does it hurt?”

“A little.” BaoMing puts a dishes on the drying rack, “It’ll go away soon but don’t worry too much.” DongHyun rinses the soap of his hand. He walks towards a cabinet and grabs an ointment. DongHyun grabs BoaMing’s hand.

“What are you doing?”

“Applying an ointment you your lip.” He sits BaoMing down on the chair and twits the cap off. BaoMing grabs his hand.

“I can apply it myself.” He smirks and takes her hand and holds it.

“No I can do it. What good am I if I can’t even apply ointment?”He dabs a little with his finger and softly applies it on her lip. BaoMing could feel her heartbeat as his face got closer to hers. What she didn’t know that his heart was also beating. Her lips were so intriguing to him, he wanted to kiss her lips and hold her in his arms.

“Ow.” BaoMing wince

“Sorry.” DongHyun got scared. He gently apply it again. She watches him carefully.

-----------

Lisa and Jaejoong were sitting by the Han River, eating there hot buns and other stuff they got from the store.

“Ahh.” Lisa puts her bottle of soju down; “This is nice isn’t it?” she looks at Jaejoong. “It is nice to let loose once in awhile.” She lies down.

“Yeah it is.” Jaejoong takes a shot of the soju; he lies down on his side with one arm supporting him next to her. He looks down at Lisa face, it glim beautifully in the moonlight. “Lisa.”

“Hmm.” She looks at him.

“Have you ever reconsidered about my proposal?” he asks. There was silence in the air. Only the waves of the river and the singing of the cricket could be heard. Lisa stared into Jaejoong eyes, and she could tell that if she told him the wrong answer it would break his heart big time. Jae sighs, “It is okay if you don’t want to answer.” He leans onto both of his elbows. He regretted asking her.

Lisa sits up and looks at him. “Jae.”

“hmm.” He looks at her and was surprise when she quickly kissed him on the lips. She breaks the kiss.

“I did.” She smiles. Jae was expressionless and that cause Lisa to worry. “What is wrong?” Jae quickly pins Lisa down.

“I always wanted to say this.” He looked her in the eye, “I love you.”