Mission Begins

Life Goes On With or Without us

Author Pov

Lisa sat in there in confusion as the Kims were talking to BaoMing.

“Did something happen?” ask BaoMing, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim looked at each other.

“We’ve started getting some threat letters for DongHyun again?” said Mrs. Kim. Lisa became frustrated after being lost.

“What exactly is going on?” Lisa interrupted.

“BaoMing you can tell Lisa since she is going to help lead this mission.” said Mr. Kim. BaoMing turn to Lisa.

“Unnie promise you won’t get mad?” Lisa shook her head, “I actually met DongHyun way before our marriage was planned.”

“Bwoh…okay now I’m totally confused.”

“Let me finish first.” BaoMing sigh, “It was the night before graduation from the training academy. We were at a karaoke bar; and I decided to leave early, because my first mission was the next day with YooChun oppa.  So as I walked to my car I heard people yelling and screaming. So I decided to check it out.” BaoMing pauses, “When I got to an alley I saw that someone was being attacked, so me being myself I decided to jump in. After the guys ran off I found out the guy was DongHyun. So I took him to the hospital. I waited to make sure that someone came from him and that when I met appa and umma. I told them who I was and my occupation since I wasn’t under oath yet. And they requested that I marry DongHyun.”

“Then what about umma and appa? Was that I lie?” ask Lisa

“We found out that your parents were in financial need so we decided to compromise.”  Said Mrs. Kim, “We would help pay off and give your parents money for DongHyun’s safety.”

“Why didn’t you ask us to do it?” Lisa asks. Mrs. Kim shook her head

“DongHyun doesn’t like the idea of feeling like a criminal and he doesn’t know anything about the letters.”

“So your best answer was marriage?”

“Ne…the fact that he has been married twice to girls of his choice we decided that we’ll choose his next one wife.”

“Do you guys know why he is being targeted or threaten?” ask Lisa.

“We think it because of his second wife. They said she was the girlfriend of a thug and she ran off with his money. He is the thug that runs this region; he goes by the name of EunHyuk. “

♥♥♥♥♥♥

After a couple of hours of talking and discussing they came up with the conclusion that there was a possibility that EunHyunk would come to the masquerade ball. As the girls left the property BaoMing started to make some calls.

♫ In Heaven ♫

Junsu picks up his phone

“Annyeong beautiful what is up?”

“Oppa are you busy?”

“Ani…waeyo?” junsu walks around in the guys’ apartment

“I need you to look up some information for me” Junsu walks towards the living room and get on his computers. There are four different computer screens connected to one server.

“Give me a sec.” he types his password in, “okay what do you need.”

“I need you to look up somebody called Eunhyuk around the area.” Junsu types in the information onto his computer.

“I think I got something,” Junsu zooms in on the info, “Eunhyuk real name Lee HyukJae, age 28 part of an organization called SJ.”

“What about SJ?”

“Give me a sec.” he types, “SJ is a ion company. They go to place all over Asia to look for high poverty places, takes the girls from there and sale them as es. But according to sources they have no prove to put these guys in jail. They think SJ gives them money to keep their mouth shut or they threaten to hurt the family.”

“Locations?”

“Umm… There are thirteen locations in total; two in Taiwan.” Junsu stops and think, “Ming what all of this about?”

“We think DongHyun is being targeted and there is a chance that he will appear at ball. So I need to ask you a favor?”

“I already know what it is.”Junsu smile, “I’ll let the hyungs and Hwan know. And I’ll get the men ready for the mission.”

“Thank you oppa-“

“Ming”

“Ne?”

“You owe me a dance.” BaoMing smiles

“Ne oppa. I promise I’ll dance with you at the ball…that is if you can find me.”

“I’m pretty sure you’ll draw the attention.”

“Okay oppa…bye”

“Bye.” BaoMing hangs up and makes another call.

“Who are you calling now?” Lisa asks

“DongHyun I got to let him know that I won’t be home. We need to gather as much info as we can on this guy unnie. And we only have a little over 24 hours.” BaoMing calls DongHyun

♫ BoyFriend♫

DongHyun is in the middle of a makeout session in his office. He look at the caller ID it was BaoMing. He gets off of Minah.

“Annyeong?”he tried to sound annoyed

“DongHyun shi?”

“Say what you need, I don’t have time to talk.”

“I’m not going to see you until this weekend. So I just wanted to let you know.”

“Wae?” BaoMing was surprise, he actually wanted an explanation.

“Our company has a very important person coming tomorrow so security needs to be extra tight.” She lied

“Oh…See if I care. You better just remember to come this weekend.” He hangs up

“What the matter with him?” BaoMing looks at her phone, just then her phone rings, “hmm…YooHwan shi?” she answers the phone, “Annyeong?”

“Ming, so what up with this party thing Junsu hyung was talking about?”

“Oh it a masquerade ball my in laws are having.”

“Oh…so are you going with DongHyun shi?” BaoMing didn’t answer; as a flush of emotion came over her when he said that, “Ming?” Lisa look over and saw BaoMing tears trying to escape from her eyes.

“Ani…he is going with someone else.” She wipes her tear, “but I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?” YooHwan was speechless, BaoMing actually wanted to go with him, “If you don’t want to I understand.”

“Aniyo…I do want to go with you. What time should I pick you up.”

“Don’t worry about me just be there. I’ll be waiting for you. Bye.”

“Bye”. She hangs up the phone and starts to wipe away the tears off her face.

“Why are you crying? You never cry?” ask Lisa

“I don’t know unnie. It came out itself.” BaoMing sniffs and looks out the window, “I think I actually care about what DongHyun thinks.”

“BaoMing you can’t develop feelings for him. This is a solo mission I can’t help you.”

“Wae unnie?”

“If your enemies find out about anyone you have a relationship with they’ll use it against you.” There was a sad look in Lisa eyes

♥♥♥♥♥♥

BaoMing POV

The weekend finally hit and I was ready for action. As predicted Jaejoong oppa ask unnie to the ball, they were such a cute couple ^^. YooChun oppa went with EunHye unnie and Junsu oppa went with ShinHye, the rest were singles. I was outside of the mansion waiting for YooHwan but I didn’t see him anywhere. YooChun oppa said he was going to be late.

“Han BaoMing.” I turned around to see a mask man infront of me, “It’s me YooHwan.” He slips off his mask. He was so handsome with his hair pulled back. The moonlight made his face glow.

“Wow…Yoohwan. I didn’t realize I was going on a date with a hottie.”

“I believe I’m the one to give the comment.” I was wearing a turquoise ball gown with embellishments on the top. “Here this is for you.” He hands me a corsage. I laughed

“Hwan it not likes we’re going to prom or anything.” He scratches is head, “But I’ll take it anyways.” I put my hand out, he slip it on.

“Ready to go?” he offer his arm. I hook onto his arm and walked inside.

When we got to the inside I didn’t even recognize the mansion anymore. It had a vintage look to it. Guests were waltzing on the dance floor. Waiters and waitresses were wearing masks too. YooHwan lean in closer to my ear and whispers

“How are we supposed to find him, everyone is wearing masks?”

“We’ll just go with the flow.” I looked around and spotted my in-laws. They weren’t wearing any masks. “YooHwan let go say hi to my in-laws really quick?” I drag him along with me. “Umma, appa, everything looks great.”

“BaoMing you made it.” Umma gave me a hug.

“Yes, I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I went and gave appa a kiss on the cheek, “Hello appa.”

“Hello BaoMing.”

 “Appa, omma this is my friend and coworker Park YooHwan,”

“It a pleasure to meet you,” Appa shook YooHwan’s hand

“The pleasure is all mines.” I looked around the room and couldn’t spy anyone,

“Appa, has DongHyun arrived yet?”

“Yes, DongHyun is right over there, he is dancing with that lady friend of his. He has a white mask on.” That wasn’t the only thing he had on. He had a white tux on which made him more visible. But what really broke my heart was the way he smiles as he dance with his partner.

“Appa would you like to dance with me?”

“Yes.” He offers his arm and we walk to the dance floor,

 “Appa you’re a great dancer.”

“Just because I’m old doesn’t mean I’m not capable.” We dance and laugh as we told each other about our stories. Before I knew it my eyes became blurr. “Is something the matter my dear?” I shook my head

“Ani…I just wish I could have dance with my father.”  He smiles at me and continues to dance until the song was over and left back to Umma. As I walk to find YooHwan a hand pops out in front of me

“I believe somebody still owes me a dance” I look to see Junsu oppa with his huge smile,

“Where is Shinhye unnie?”  He motion his head behind me

“Your partner took her?” I look to find YooHwan talking to Shinhye, “So may I?” I took his hand we dance

“Any signs of him?” I asked

“No, but I have the team on the lookout. If there is anything suspicious they’ll report it to me.”

“Where is Lisa unnie at?”

“She is somewhere in the crowd dancing with hyung. I think it is best we leave them alone.” I nod my head in response.

I felt a tap on my shoulder that stopped us from dancing

“May I cut in?” DongHyun?