The Past Comes To Haunt

Life Goes On With or Without us

 

Due to the fact that we have a snowstorm today I'll update for you all. 

 

Four years and Four months ago

DH POV

I was walking into the alley after a couple drink with the guys. I felt someone grab my shoulder and then a punch knocked me onto the ground.

“Aren’t that great are you.” Said one of the men. They all started to kick me. I felt the pain throughout my body.

“What are you guys doing?” yells a voice from somewhere. I wasn’t conscious enough to know who it was.

“Get the hell out of here, this isn’t any of your problem.” Yell the bigger guy, he look more like the leader of this mini gang.

“Leave that man alone.”

The leader looked annoyed.

“Aissh..ok look here you bitc-,” a box flew and hit the guy in the face before he could finish his sentence, making him stumble backwards.

“Hyung!” said the other two. I raised my head to look

“I said leave him alone.” My head fell backwards before I realize who the girl was.

The bigger guy got up, he looked angry.

“You little , how dare you throw a box at me?” he growled

“I told you to leave him alone.” She was in a fighting stance. “And I’m not going to day it again.” The bigger guy walk towards her and scoffs

“You think a girl like you can beat a guy like me?” He smirks

“Are you underestimating me?” she smirks at him. The guy turns his back and signal for one of the guys to take care of her. The guy was short with a mushroom cut, he tries to caresses her hair but before he could she caught his wrist and twisted his arm behind him. I couldn’t really see what was going on but the next thing I knew the two guys were on the ground. Only the bigger guys was left.

“Y- you.” He stutter, “How did you?”

“Don’t worry about it?” she walks towards him, making him trip over me. I felt his heavy leg land on my stomach. I grunted in pain. She took one look at me and help me up. She put my hand over her shoulder and tried to carry me with her petite body. She looked at me. “Are you okay?” I could only nod. Even up close I couldn’t really tell who she was.

“Thanks.” I mumble. I think I saw her smile at me. I heard footsteps behind us, I look back and saw that the big guy had a 2X4 with him. I quickly pulled the girl in my arms, shielding her. I felt a sudden pain before blacking out. In my mind I was hoping she was safe.

 

 

When I woke up I was in the hospital, my parents along with a girl was in there with me. She had huge eyes that made her look almost comic like but her body said otherwise.

“Adul, how are you feeling?” asked my mother. I didn’t bother to answer her question, I kept staring at the girl wondering if she was the girl from last night. My mother followed my gaze.

“Are you-?” I hesitated

“She is your fiancée” said my mother. She bow to me.

“Fiancée.” For some reason I felt anger rise inside of me.

----

Present

BaoMing came back home with the kids and some groceries. She DongHyun sleeping on the couch. The DongWon ran and jumps on DongHyun waking him up.

“Appa!” whine DongWon, “Appa, gwaenchanh-a?” DongHyun slowly gets up and saw his son’s tear filled eyes.

“I’m okay adul.” He wipes DongWon’s tears, “Don’t cry. Appa is okay.”

“Halmeoni, said that appa was hurt. So DongWon thought that appa was going to leave DongWon like umma.” DongHyun pulls DongWon into a hug and smile.

“Babo, appa isn’t going to leave you.”

BaoMing was happy at the scene when she felt EunMi tugging on her pants. BaoMing squat down.

“What wrong honey?” EunMi look sad

“I-I.” she stuttered, “Umma, can EunMi give ap-.” EunMi covers before she could finish the sentence. “I mean DongHyun ajussi a hug too.”

“It okay EunMi ah.” BaoMing smiles, “You can go and give DongHyun a hug.” EunMi smiles and runs and join the group hug.

BaoMing walks into the kitchen to cook. In the middle of her cooking she heard the piano being played. She slowly walks back to the living room. She saw EunMi and DongWon sitting in DongHuyn’s lap as he played ‘Kite’. BaoMing smiled at them as she walk back to the kitchen.

----

Jaejoong and Lisa walk in downtown Seoul. It was beautiful, there we tons of people there also. Jaejoong looks at Lisa before grabbing her hand. She looks back at him but all he did was reply back with a smile.

“Wae?” she said

“I just can’t believe after ten years of waiting I finally got you.” He smile was from ear to ear. She scoffs

“Yah, you make it seem like you were desperate or something.” He suddenly frowns, “I was just kidding.” She laughs and pinches his cheeks. “You know you’re really cute when you pout like that.” she suddenly stop.

“What is wrong?” Jaejoong looks at what Lisa was looking at. It was a pet shop. There was a cute little brown puppy staring back at them. Lisa drags Jaejoong towards the shop. Lisa had a huge grin while tapping on the window.

“Annyeong.”She said. The puppy started to bark at her, “Omo, you’re so cute.” Jaejoong became jealous of the puppy.

“What about me?” Lisa looks up at Jaejoong. He made a puppy face.

“You’re cute but he got you beat.” Jaejoong pouts some more before dragging her away.“What wrong?” she asks him. He didn’t answer, “Don’t tell me you’re jealous of a dog?” she starts to laugh. “Yah Kim Jaejoong, it is just a puppy. You’ll always be the cutest in my heart.” She pinches his cheek and runs off.

“Yah, Jung Lisa.” He runs after her.

----

BaoMing helps DongWon put his shirt on.

“You remember what I said to you right DongWon?”

“I have to sleep in appa’s room.”

“Why?”

“Because appa is hurt so appa has to sleep in my room.” BaoMing pecks his forehead, “C’mon lets go to bed.” DongWon hops off his bed and they both walk towards the stairs.

“Oh.” DongHyun said, “Where are you guys going?”

“BaoMing umma said that appa needs to sleep in my room because appa is hurt.”

“Where are you sleeping then?”

“With BaoMing umma.” DongHyun looks at them.

“DongWon ah go and sleep in your room. Appa will go back to appa’s room.”

“But.” DongWon looks at BaoMing

“No, buts.” Said DongHyun, “Go back to your room.” DongWon looks at BaoMing before walking back to his room.

“What was that about?” ask BaoMing

“I don’t want him to suffer because I got injured.” DongHyun rolled himself towards the stairs. He uses his chair to help him up. He looks at BaoMing, “Are you going to help me or just stand there.”

BaoMing quickly goes and put DongHyun’s arm over her and helps him up the stairs. DongHyun opens the door to his room. BaoMing slowly helps him sit. She turns to walk out, but DongHyun grabs a hold of her wrist.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he looks at her.

“I’m going to my room.”

“Stay here with me for the night.” He pouts

“Why?”

“You’re supposed to take care of me right. Do you want me yell for you in the middle of the night for help?” BaoMing sighs and DongHyun smiles.

DongHyun lets go of her wrist. She walks over to the other side and lays down.

“Good night.” He said

“Night.” She pulls the covers over her.

 

BaoMing POV

I was in the kitchen when I heard the door slam. He came in with another girl and he was drunk again.

“Yah!” he yells when he saw me, “you’re still here?” I just look down, “I thought you left already.” The girl looks at me with a disgusted expression.

“Let’s go oppa.” DongHyun and the girl walks up the stairs to his room. The door slammed shut.

“Ming, are you okay?” asked Julia

“I’m fine.” I felt the tears wanting to escape my eyes.

“Did you want me to finish teaching you how to cook?”

“No.” I looks at Julia, “You’re dismiss for tonight.” Julia bows before leaving me alone in the hallway.

I walked back into the kitchen. There was a ton off food on the table. I felt my tears fall from my face. I picked up my phone and called Lisa.

“Ming-a?”

“Oh unnie, are you still at the agency?”

“Ne, what wrong?”

“Did you eat yet?”

“No, why?”

“I made a lot of food and I had some left over. I was wondering if you want to eat.”

“Yes sure.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a bit. Bye unnie.” I ended the call.

 

I set the food onto her coffee table in her room. The food filled up all the space on her table.

“Wow.” She looks at me, “Are you sure this is all left over?”BaoMing tried not to cry.

“If you can’t finish it I’ll call YooHwan to come and help you finish it.” I stood up but Lisa grab me and made me sit back down. She puts down her chopstick and looks at me.

“What is the matter?”

“Nothing is wrong unnie.”

“You can’t lie to me Ming. What did he do?”

“He didn’t do anything to me.” I said quietly, “Just eat unnie so you can get back to work.” She kept her eye on me, before she ate.

 

I left the office before unnie could ask me anymore questions. I walked pass a food stall, when suddenly I felt like throwing up. I ran to the side to throw up. I felt out of breath and exhausted. The food stall lady came and help me.

“Are you okay dear?” she help me stand up.

“I’m fine. I just haven’t been feeling like myself for the past few weeks.”

“Like what?”

“I’ve been throwing up and lot and very tired.”

“Are you married?”

“Ne. Waeyo?” the lady smiled at me

“You might be having a little one on the way.” She smiled at me, “Be more careful okay?” she went back to her stall.

All little one. I looked down at my stomach. It can’t be. I went to the nearest store and bought a test and went home. Three minutes pass, I took the test and looked at it. I dropped it.

“Aniyo.” My back hit the shower door as I slid down to the floor. I don’t remember how long I cried. I took the test and walked out the bathroom I couldn’t let him see it.

“Good Night Oppa.” I saw him and the girl standing at the door, she kissed him

“Night Minah.” He closes the door. He saw me standing in the hallway and walked over, “What are you still doing up?” he said coldly to me, I didn’t say anything but held tightly to the test. “Aish.” He push me making my tumble, my hand automatically covers my stomach, “Are you mute?” he slightly smack my cheek.

“Ani.”

“SO, it speaks.” He bends down and looks at me. He grabs my wrist, “I thought a stupid idiot like you would never know how to speak.” he smacks my other cheek and walks back upstairs.

“Happy first month anniversary.” The tear slip down my face.

I felt somebody touch my face. I slowly open my eyes and was welcome by DongHyun’s scared expression.

“Are you okay?” he worried, “You were crying in your sleep.”

“I’m fine. It was just a dream.”

“Tell me what happen?” I didn’t want to tell him I had a dream about him and Minah and our first month anniversary.

“It nothing. I’m going to go wash up.” I tried to get up but he held onto my arm.

“Tell me.”

“I’m fine.” I tried to get up again and again he pulled me back, “I’m fine.” He pulls me into a hug. I froze.

“I’m not.” He said, “I’m not fine when I see your tears or when you’re hurt.” He sighs, “It hurts me.”

 

Preview:

“I know there is something going on between you and Minah that you guys aren’t telling anyone.”

“What did she tell you?”

 

 

“The reason we got disbanded was because of hyung. The only way we’re going back is if hyung is welling to change.”

 

“You know he probably won’t let you leave.”

“It isn’t his decision.”

“Who is there?”