The Last Letter

Life Goes On With or Without us

Yoona, DongWon and BaoMing walk in to Mr. Im’s house. Taecyeon and his parents along with Mr. Im was sitting in the living room chatting.

“Appa, sorry for being so late.” Yoona walks in and bows to her father than looks at the Kim, “Annyeonghaseyo,”

“Annyeong, Yoona.” Said Mrs. Kim. Yoona looks at the corner where Taecyeon sat silently looking at Yoona.

“Annyeong Taecyeon.”

“Annyeong.” Yoona goes and sit on the couch next to her father.

BaoMing walks in with EunMi in her arms.

“Oh EunMi ah.” Said Mr. Im with a smile on his face.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hal-abeoji (grandpa).” EunMi bows.

“Come here and sit with Hal-abeoji.” Mr. Im pats the seat next to him. EunMi looks at her mom. BaoMing puts her down and she runs over and sits next to Mr. Im.

“Oh.” Mr. Kim looks at EunMi then at Mr. Im “I didn’t know you had another daughter.”

“No…BaoMing isn’t my daughter. She is head of security at my company.” Mr. Im smiles, “And she does a great job at it too.”

“You let your head security bring their child to work?” asks Mrs. Kim

“Umma,” said Taecyeon, “BaoMing isn’t just any head security. She is someone special to Mr. Im and Yoona.”

“Really?” asks Mrs. Kim.

“She is the one that saved Yoona four years ago. She is the one that I told you about.”

They both took a look at BaoMing. Was she really the girl that took down those two hooligans down four years ago? BaoMing was a bit too skinny even after having a kid she was still too small and look scrawny.

“I’m sorry if I don’t appear as you thought.” BaoMing bows

“It is okay, it our fault.” Said Mr. Kim

“BaoMing why don’t you come and join us.” Mr. Im said, “I think if you don’t join us Yoona might not get married.” Yoona pouts and everyone laughs. BaoMing goes and sit in the arm chair facing the dining room.

“So I guess I don’t need to tell you guys why we’re here.” Said Mr. Im, “This weekend is the week we decided on the two children’s engagement party. All of our friends and family will be invited.” Mr. Im turns to BaoMing, “BaoMing, I know you probably want to have a good time with us too, I was planning on asking DongWook to take over for that night.

“That won’t be necessary. I think it’ll will be fine if you guys enjoy the party. DongWook and I can take care of this.”

“Aniyo, BaoMing. You have to join the party.” She pouts, “The last couple of parties you be on security. So since it is my engagement party you have to take off work.”

“Yoona unnie.” BaoMing whines

 “No I won’t take no for an answer.” Yoona crosses her arms

“Fine, I’ll go.”

“But there something else you have to do.” Yoona gave BaoMing a sly look, “You have to ask DongWook oppa to the party and sing a song for me.”

Seoul

DongHyun and Minah went to the mall to pick out dresses for Minah. Minah was picking dresses out left and right but she couldn’t make up her mind. DongHyun was sitting on the couch waiting in front of the dress room waiting for Minah to come out. While waiting he pull out his phone and look at one particular picture; the one when BaoMing and they all went to Jeju.

“Four years has already gone by.” He sighs, “I haven’t even found you yet. I wonder how she looks like, maybe as beautiful as you.”

“Oppa,” DongHyun put his phone down and looks at Minah. She had a short lavender tube top dress on that basically wraps itself around her making her form come out. “How does this one look?”

“Great. It really brings out your eyes.” DongHyun looks at the time and gets up quick, “Minah I’m sorry I have to go.”

“Where?”

“I have to pick up DongWon from school.” Minah puts her hand on her hip

“Just tell Rocky to pick him up. Or Minwoo.”

“I told Rocky he could have the day off. And I told DongWon that I’ll take him today.” DongHyun walks over and kisses Minah’s forehead, “I’ll make it up to you.” He walks out of the store.

 

 

DongWon sits at the swing at the school’s playground. His head is down and he kicks his feet back and forth. DongHyun runs and stops when he sees his son on the swing. He starts to walk over.

“You’re late again.” DongHyun bend right in front of DongWon and hold the swing, “Umma was never late, even though she was sick.”

“I’m sorry buddy.” DongWon looks at DongHyun

“Appa, you were with Minah ajumma, weren’t you?” DongHyun look his son in the eyes and nods. DongWon gets off the swing and walks away. DongHyun walks behind him.

“DongWon ah, appa is sorry.” He runs in front of DongWon and squat down, “Appa knows appa shouldn’t have done that. Appa should have come here first.”

“I want to go to the ajussis house.”

“Why?”

“Because appa doesn’t care about DongWon anymore. All appa cares about is Minah ajumma.” A tear slip down DongWon’s face,  “I want Minwoo ajussi. I don’t want appa no more.” DongHyun heart broke at the sight of his son. DongWon begins to punch DongHyun’s houlder, “Appa is a bad person. Appa doesn’t care about DongWon no more. I want umma back.” DongHyun held his son’s arm down and hug him. DongWon continues to cry on his shoulder. Even he couldn’t be a good father to his child. “I want BaoMing Umma.”

 

 

When they got to the boy’s house Minwoo came out from the door. DongWon unlock the car door and ran to Minwoo.

“Hi DongWon.” Minwoo picks up the little boy and notices his eyes were puffy. He looks at his hyung who was coming out from the car. He puts DongWon down. “Go inside first I want to talk to your appa.” DongWon nods and walks inside the house. Minwoo stood on the porch with his arms cross. “Hyung.” DongHyun looks at Minwoo, “Why was DongWon crying?”

DongHyun did a heavy sigh, “I was late to pick him up again.”

“Hyung!” Minwoo raises his voice, “were you with Minah?” DongHyun nods his head. Minwoo almost went crazy, “You know how he feels about that; every single time you do that you know how he feels. He hates Minah.”

“I know.”

“If you know then why don’t you stop? Stop seeing her, stop all this madness.”

“Because she is the only thing keeping me together.” There was silence, “She is the only one that helps me try to forget BaoMing and the others.”

“Hyung,” Minwoo walks over to face DongHyun, “Have you even tried to look for noona and your daughter? It has been four years.”

“Four years, Minwoo. Do you hear yourself? Four years. I have been trying to look for her and my daughter for four years and there are no signs of them.”

“Maybe you’re not looking hard enough.” DongHyun looks at Minwoo and then hand him a backpack and a sleeping bag. “What is all this?”

“He doesn’t want to come home. He wants to stay here with you guys.”

“What about Yoona noona’s engagement party? Are you not going to take him?”

“He doesn’t want to go. And if you don’t mind please take him to school tomorrow and watch him for the weekend. We’ll be back Sunday night.”

 

Ilsan (The Next Day)

DongWook is heading towards the CEO’s office when he bumped into BaoMing making her drop the security files.

“Oh sorry about that DongWook ssi.” BaoMing and DongWook bends down and starts to pick up the files.

“Don’t worry about that.” DongWook looked at a fluster BaoMing, “Are you okay?”

“Oh no I’m fine.” She avoids eye contact as she continues to pick up the files. DongWook smiles and helps her. When he pick up a file he notices she had a lot of files on one particular company: SM. He hands the files to BaoMing. “Thanks.” They both stand up

“What do you need all those files for?”

“Just researching something.” DongWook nods and starts to walk away with his left hand in his pocket, “Umm…DongWook ssi.”

He turns around, “Hmm?”

“I was wondering if you’ll be my partner for Mr. Im’s daughter’s engagement party this tomorrow night.” DongWook gave her a smirk.

“I’ll pick you up at six?”

“No need.” She smiles, “I have to be there early. I’ll see you at seven.” She walks away.

She looks down at the files in her hands. “I guess working here wasn’t a bad idea.” The top file was named Super Junior.

 

EunMi runs to the kitchen and hides behind Yoona.

“Ajumma help me. A monster is trying to eat me.” EunMi grabs onto Yoona’s legs. Taecyeon comes into the kitchen acting like a dinosaur with his hand in front of him acting like claws. He tilt his head back and smell the air.

“I smell something yummy.” Yoona starts to laugh at Taecyeon’s imitation. Taecyeon walks towards Yoona and sniffs. EunMi covers making sure he doesn’t hear her breathe. “I think she is here somewhere.” Teacyeon begins to walk the other way when he sees a pair of pink shoes popping out from behind Yoona. He walks over slowly, “I smell her.  She is close.” He walks a closer and grabs EunMi and lifts her up in the air “I got you.”

EunMi screams in delight.

“How did you find me?”

“I have a really good nose.” Yoona laughs at them and goes back to cooking. Taecyeon put EunMi and she runs to the living room. Taecyeon wrap his arms around Yoona’s wais and puts his head on her shoulder.

“What are you doing?” She smiles

“I just want to hold you like this.” He sighs, “Can you believe it we’re getting engaged tomorrow and then not long after we’ll be married.”

“I know.” Yoona giggles, “And then we can have our own kids.” Taecyeon looks at Yoona

“Why can’t we just steal EunMi.” He smirks, “She is a Kim after all. They wouldn’t know.”

“Yah.” Yoona puts the knife down and turns her head and looks at Taecyeon, “How do you think BaoMing will feel if we took her. EunMi is her everything.”

Taecyeon lets go of her waist and turns her around.

“Don’t you think I know that? I would only want our kids no one else’s.”

Yoona plays with Taecyeon’s shirt and gives him a peck on the cheek. Yoona suddenly has an awkward look on her face.

“Are you okay?” asks Taecyeon

“Have you found out anything on EunMi’s appa?”

“No. It seems like all traces of EunMi’s appa has been erase. BaoMing’s background has been completely erased. The only information that they had on her was her previous address in Seoul, her job as a security guard at the mall, her deceased parents in Taiwan, and an aunt and uncle that lived around the area a couple of years ago.”

“No other relatives?”

“No. And if there were any she didn’t put them down. Or they weren’t her legal guardians when she came to Korea.”

“I’m really curious about her.” Taecyeon pulls Yoona into a hug, “She is no ordinary girl.”

“What do you mean?”

“A girl like BaoMing is hard to find.” She looks up at Taecyeon, “She became head of security at my father’s company less than 2 years and is now competing with DongWook oppa.”

“So you’re saying she isn’t who she claims to be?”

“No…I just think there is more to BaoMing that we don’t know about.”

 

Seoul

DongHyun is packing his clothes in a small suitcase. He puts his cologne in his suitcase. When he goes to the closet and opens the door he sees the box that BaoMing left him. He picks it up and put it on the bed. He opens it up and picks up the ultrasound picture. He looks at the untouched hoodies and runs his fingers through the pattern of the panda.

“I could let them touch what wasn’t theirs.” He smirks,

“Youngmaster!” turns quickly making the box drop, “Young master are you okay?” says Julia

“I’m fine. Everything is fine. Did you need something?” he looks at the hoodies that have fallen

“Ms. Minah is here.”

“Have her wait downstairs for me.” He picks up the box and notices a familiar brown journal.

“Yes sir.” Julia goes back down the stairs.

DongHyun opens it up

“This is BaoMing’s journal.” He flips through the pages

October 21, 2013

Appa doesn’t want you. He doesn’t want us. Umma promises you that umma will take god care of you until umma’s last breathe. But that means I have to lie to appa.

October 30, 2013

We here at Jeju Island, it is pretty windy but I think we’ll manage. DongWon and DongHyun has been getting along a lot lately, which is a good thing I guess. DongHyun twisted his ankle so I should be more careful about him. Baby how are you doing?

October 31, 2013

Today started out as a good until dinner time. First I felt sick, then I found out DongHyun lied to me about his stupid ankle and now “she” is here; that was predictable. But I guess the best thing was that he followed me to the hotel. We talked and even looked at the stars while walking towards the hotel. What made my heartbeat was looking at him sleep.

November 3, 2013

We’re home… at least that is what umma can call this place for now. I bet he is having a great time with her. Baby, what am I going to do about your appa?

November 10, 2013

Appa and yourBoyfriend ajussis has started their tour already. It won’t be until December that we’ll see them. I hope they are okay. I got a picture of you today, you’re still so small. I was thinking about tell your appa, should I?

DongHyun flips a couple of more pages when something fell out of the journal.

December 15, 2013

Sorry DongHyun, I have to leave so suddenly without telling you about EunMi. I’ve guess that you had already seen the picture. I pretty sure she’ll look just like you. She’ll have your flawless skin and your somewhat prefect nose along with that smile that kills me whenever I seen it.

I hope you treat Jessica well, better than how you treated me. She is a great person, and I hope you’ll make the most of those three and half years you missed. Minah will probably leave you alone if you tell her about Jessica.

 If DongWon asks for me tell him that I won’t be coming back. Tell him that his BaoMing umma was a very bad person and had to leave him with his appa and umma. I left the hoodies for you, Jessica and DongWon, I hope you use them well.

I wasn’t sure how to tell you this but I want you to know that I did love you. I was really happy that you felt the same way but there was something that held me back. And I just wanted you to know that you will forever be her appa and the man of my heart. Bye Kim DongHyun.