Never Gonna Change

Life Goes On With or Without us

The Day of the Party

BaoMing walks down the stairs with her hair up in a bun and her makeup done. She is walking around with her dress bag in her hand.

“Umma,” smiles EunMi, “can you make me look pretty too?” EunMi had a pink dress with ruffles on the bottom; she twirls to show her mom. BaoMing smiles as she puts her stuff down and picks up EunMi.

“I’ll do your make as soon as I’m ready okay.” EunMi nods, BaoMing puts her down, “Go upstairs and ask Yoona ajumma to do your hair.”EunMi runs up the stairs. BaoMing picks up her dress and goes into her room on the first floor. She lays the dress on the bed and goes to the mirror leaning against the wall. “Han BaoMing, what am I going to do with you?” she sighs, “You’re 24 with a child.” She walks to her jewelry box and took out a pair of pearl earring; she stops in her tracks. She picks up the calendar. “Happy 4th anniversary to you, DongHyun.”

She puts the calendar back down and put the earrings in. She walks over and picks up her dress and takes off the bag. It was a long black A- Line tube top dress with sliver, black and turquoise peacock feathers going down on one side.

“Let this be the last time I say that.”

 

The Hall @ 6

DongHyun just walked in with his parents and Minah holding onto his arm. Yoona, Mr. Im, Taecyeon and his parents were waiting at the door greeting the guest. Yoona had a cream mermaid style dress with gold embellishments on it. Taecyeon wore a black tux with a white dress shirt.

 “DongHyun ssi.” She hugs him, “how have you been?”

“Great.” DongHyun looks at Taecyeon and then greet the elders, “So I see you decided to finally move on, huh?” he smiles at the couple.

“Hello, my name is Kim Taecyeon, it nice to have finally met the Kim DongHyun.” He shakes DongHyun’s hand, “Yoona said you were absolutely her favorite oppa.”

“No I didn’t.” says Yoona, “I said that I like his singing the best out of the all the oppas.”

“There was only me and Jeongmin.” They laughed until she notices Minah.

“DongHyun, is this your wife?”

“No…this is my girlfriend, Song Minah.” Yoona had a puzzle expression, “What?”

“DongHyun I thought ajumma and ajussi said that you go remarried after Jessica unnie ran off.”

“Let’s not worry you guys with that nonsense. Today is your day not mines. We’ll seat ourselves.” DongHyun and his parents went and sat down.

Not too long after they went and sat down BaoMing, DongWook, and EunMi came. DongWook had  EunMi in his arms.

“Hal-abeoji!” DongWook puts her down and she runs to Mr. Im.

“If I didn’t know you guys I would have thought you guys were a family.” Said Taecyeon. Yoona nudges him in the stomach. BaoMing and DongWook looks at each other.

 “BaoMing you look very pretty today.” comments Yoona, “You should do this more often.”

“Thanks unnie, but I’m not the type to dress up.” BaoMing looks at the clock, “Unnie it is almost time to start, you guys should be heading in.”

“Ne…we’ll wait for a couple more people before starting.” Smiles Yoona,

“Congratulation Taec, finally getting married.” Says DongWook while shaking hands

“Yes hyung, but when are you going to get married? You’re not getting any younger.”

“I haven’t found the right one yet.”

“Don’t wait too long know hyung.”

“You guys can go and sit first.” Says Yoona

“Ne unnie.” BaoMing looks at EunMi, “EunMi ah c’mon lets go sit.”

“I want to sit with Hal-abeoji.”

“EunMi.”

“It okay,” said Mr. Im, “She can sit with us.”

“If that is fine with you we’ll be going.” DongWook takes BaoMing’s hand walks towards the Hall. They found their seats not too far from the stage and not too far from DongHyun’s table.

“What was that all about?” DongWook lets go of BaoMing’s hand.

“You’re my date what did you expect.” He smirks at her and pulls a chair, “Madam?” BaoMing scoffs and sits down. DongWook pulls out a chair and sits right next to her.

“You’re really something you know that?” DongWong just nods and touches his phone.

 

BaoMing Pov

About a 10 minutes later Taecyeon and Yoona walks in with their arms linked together. Everyone stood up and welcome the couple. They walk towards the cake and welcome everybody to their happy union. Mr. Im made a speech than the Kims made a speech, before I knew it was the exchanging of the rings. They look happy as they put the rings on, cameras were flashing everywhere.

 They all went and sat at a table by the stage. Then Yoona stood up and went to the mic.

“I would like to thanks each and every one of you for coming today. So as a present to you guys we invited an entertainer tonight. I haven’t known her for long but we bonded quite well. She is going to be playing a song for us to night, let welcome my friend, Han BaoMing.” Everyone claps and I felt the blood rush to my face as I got up and walked towards the stage.

“Hello everyone, I’m Han BaoMing and I’ll like to present this song for Yoona unnie and Taecyeon oppa. I haven’t been in their life for long but these past four years showed me how much they love each other; and I wanted to show that to all of you. So I’ll like to sing ‘I chose to love you’ by Hyorin. The reason I chose this song was because I too like my unnie and oppa here had once fell in love too. So I hope you’ll listen to the lyrics and see how much they loved each other.” I bow and everyone cheered.

I walk towards the white grand piano at the side of the stage and sat down. I ran my fingers over the keys and before I knew I was playing the piano.


 

 


 

(Eng Lyris)

“My hot lips want to touch your soft lips

So that my love will be delivered to your heart

 

If you still haven’t known how I felt

I will love you more than anyone in this world.

 

I will love you until always, I will love you

Like this moment right now, more than anyone in this world

I will love you

 

I can arouse your curiosity by saying difficult words

I can spend the night with that common game

 

But I want you to know my heart now

I will love you more than anyone in this world

 

I will love you always, I will love you

Like this moment right now, more than anyone in this world

I will love you

I will love you”


 

 

 


 

 

When I finished singing I walk back to the front of the stage and bow. Yoona came back and gave me a hug along with Taecyeon.

“Thanks Ming.” They both said

“It was nothing much.”

“Umma, you were great.” EunMi gave me a hug too. I pick her up in my arms, but something caught my eyes; a familiar figure standing up in the audience.

DongHyun Pov

We came and sat down, Minah looked kind of mad.

“What wrong?”

“Nothing.” That was when I knew I was in trouble.

She pulls out her phone and started to play with it. Appa and umma were talking about how they wanted DongWon to be here to keep them busy. I tried my best to not make a scene, ever since we got disbanded, because I punched a new reporter and got sued, everyone been on my case.  Just than Yoona and her fiancé came in and everyone got up and welcome the couple. I notice a couple not too far away from us by the stage. The woman’s figure reminded of someone but I couldn’t remember who.

Everyone sat down and listen to the speeches and congratulated the two. Yoona looks so happy; I remember when I got engaged to Sunny, I felt like the happiest man on earth that day. Yoona came back to the mic.

“I would like to thanks each and every one of you for coming today. So as a present to you guys we invited an entertainer tonight. I haven’t known her for long but we bonded quite well. She is going to be playing a song for us to night, let welcome my friend, Han BaoMing.” Everyone claps and I felt my heart skip a beat. I bet my parents and Minah was as surprise to hear that name. My eyes starts to wonder around the room to look for her, then I saw her stand up and walk up to the stage. She was beautiful or even more beautiful than I remember. I wanted to run up and hug her but I knew that would’ve been a stupid idea.

“Hello everyone, I’m Han BaoMing and I’ll like to present this song for Yoona unnie and Taecyeon oppa. I haven’t been in their life for long but these past four years showed me how much they love each other; and I wanted to show that to all of you. So I’ll like to sing ‘I chose to love you’ by Hyorin.” She pause for sec and I could tell she wanted to cry, “The reason I chose this song was because I too like my unnie and oppa here had once fell in love too. So I hope you’ll listen to the lyrics and see how much they loved each other.” She bows and everyone cheered.

She walks towards the piano and pause a sec before playing. I felt like the only people and this world was just me and her like no one else matter. Her voice was just I remembered it and beautiful and soft as an angel.

As soon as she finishes the song she got up and bow than Yoona and Taecyeon came to give her a hug. I stood up.

“Oppa.” Said Minah as she pulls my hand

“DongHyun.” Said my parent.

I saw a little girl about the age of four run towards BaoMing

“Umma, “

“EunMi.” The words left me mouth, “My daughter.”

“You were great!” BaoMing pick her up and hugs her than she stops and stared at me.

“DongHyun.” Said my father, “Is that really Ming?” I nod without looking back at my father. Before I knew it I was moving towards the stage. She was stun to see me here too. She puts EunMi down and pushes EunMi towards Yoona.

“BaoMing.” I was right in front of her. Yoona along with everyone seemed lost. But we were not, BaoMing stared at me and she was on the verge of tears. Oh how I miss those beautiful brown orbs of hers. Cameras were flashing everywhere.

Author Pov

“BaoMing” said DongHyun. He was intrigued by her beauty.

“DongHyun.” BaoMing whispers.

DongHyun walks closer to BaoMing and grabs her hand and holds them tight. They both felt like there were no other words to express how they felt.

“Ming, you don’t know how much I missed you.” BaoMing stares at him for a bit and then removes her hand “What wrong?”

“You shouldn’t be here. We shouldn’t be doing this.”

“What are you talking about?”

“DongHyun is there something wrong?” asks Yoona as she looks from DongHyun to BaoMing, “BaoMing do you know DongHyun?”

“I do unnie, but that is all history.” BaoMing tries to get out of the conversation, “I’m sorry unnie for interrupting your special day. If you’ll excuse me I’ll be going.” She walks pass DongHyun but he grabs her wrist. She turn back to face him and saw the pleading look in his eyes,“Let go of me.”

“No, we need to talk.” She struggles under his hold.

DongWook walks up onto the stage “What is going on here?”

“DongWook.” BaoMing said. DongHyun gave a disgusted look at man standing before him. DongWook looked at DongHyun then at his hand that was holding onto BaoMing.

“Ming, did you need my help?” DongWook stares at DongHyun

“No, I’m fine.”

“Who are you?” Ask DongHyun, DongWook walks up to his face,

“I’m her date.” He looks DongHyun straight in the eyes, “So if you’ll be so kind to let her go that would be great.” DongHyun looks at BaoMing then back at DongWook and let’s go of her hand.

“I see why you don’t want to talk to me.” DongHyun scoffs, BaoMing stares at him while rubbing her wrist. “You got a new man, is that it?” he walks towards the end of the stage and walks back to face the crowd, “You’ll never change Han BaoMing. You will always be what I thought you were from the beginning…a .” That word hit her like water.

BaoMing walks up to DongHyun, “Let me tell you something I see in you…”

SLAP!

DongHyun was facing the audience. He places a hand on his cheek and looks back at BaoMing. She had tears streaming down her face. She smirks and scoffs

“I see that nothing has change about you either, still the same old Kim DongHyun, still assuming that everyone is like those of yours.”she exhales sharply, “I guess four years hasn’t done anything to you.” BaoMing goes and holds EunMi’s hand and apologizes to Yoona and Taecyeon. She walks down the stairs and was met by a cup of water splashed in her face.

“Umma!” yells EunMi

When BaoMing looks up standing in front of her was her worst enemy, Song Minah. Minah puts the cup down.

“Han BaoMing still alive I see.” Minah rolls her eye and crosses her arms, “I thought you died four year ago when you left.” She laughs and notices EunMi, “Who did you go and now? I’m guessing you’re going to use this little bastard child to get back at him.” Minah leans over and whispers, “Not a chance.”

“Song Minah I suggest you get away from me before I lose my temper.” BaoMing picks up EunMi and walks away. Not too far behind her she heard footsteps following her, but she kept her pace.

“BaoMing!” DongWook runs after her. She turns around. DongWook saw the pain that shown in her face. He didn’t know who that guy was but he sure would like to punch that guy in the face including his little girlfriend.  “BaoMing who was that?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She had water dripping from her face.

“Did you need me to send you home?”

“No we’ll be fine.”BaoMing bows, “You get back on security. I’ll see you Monday.” BaoMing turns and walks to her car. She puts EunMi in her booster seat and was about to open the driver seat door when somebody stopped her.

“Ming, listen to me.” DongHyun takes a hold of her hand

“Let go of me.” She didn’t look at him, “This is not your place.”

“I’m sorry Ming, I –.”

“Stop! Why can’t you just leave me alone”? BaoMing yells “The reason I left was so that I wouldn’t get caught up in all this again; so that you could live a happier life without me. What don’t you understand?”

“I don’t understand you.” DongHyun turns her to look at him, “I don’t understand why you have so many secrets and decide to tell me them all at once. You know how broken you left me. I felt like dying when I found your box, you telling me that you love me and that you were still pregnant, then you tell me to stay with Jessica and love her, you know how hard that was.” DongHyun’s eyes were starting to tear up, “Did you know how hard it was to live those four years knowing that you and my daughter were still out here? I didn’t know if you were alive or dead. When I went to ask Lisa and the hyungs about you they ignore me like I was some stranger.”

“DongHyun, those five months with you taught me that you shouldn’t love someone too much because you end up only hurting yourself.” She had a straight expression, “Those five months that I spent with you I felt like I was in a constant battle between heaven and hell. One minute we’re having the greatest time of our lives but all of that change as soon as you see one of them, I suddenly become the third wheel. And I don’t expect you to know how that feels.”

“Ming.”

“No. We were done four years ago.” She looks down and takes his hands off of her, “And I hope to keep it like that.” She opens her car door and sits the driver seat.

DongHyun looks at her than at the back seat, EunMi was looking at him with a weird expression. DongHyun saw that she did have his nose and smile, but she had her mother’s eyes.  BaoMing drives off leaving him in the parking lot, leaving him once again heartbroken