Gone

Life Goes On With or Without us

The Next Morning

Everyone was giving hugs and saying thank you the staffs and DongWon. DongWon on the other hand didn’t want anyone to leave and frowns. BaoMing walks up to DongWon and squats down to his level.

“DongWon ah, why are you upset?” she pinches his cheek

“Everyone is leaving me.”

“DongWon ah, we’re just going first remember. In a couple of days of so you’ll come back with your umma, YooChun ajuhssi and YooHwan ajuhssi.”

“Why can’t I go with appa?” he looks straight at BaoMing

“Because your appa is going on one more trip this week, he won’t be able to watch you. And I have to work hard to catch more of those bad guys.” DongWon just nods and says nothing else, “Okay I promise I’ll buy you a mini car that you can drive when you get back.” DongWon had a slight smile, “Now give me a hug you old teddy bear.” Dongwon gives BaoMing a hug.

DongHyun squats next to BaoMing and looks at the two.

“Are you guys done?” BaoMing lets go of DongWon, “I want my good bye hug too.” DongWon give DongHyun a hug too. BaoMing stands up and fixes her clothes.

“I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too buddy.” DongHyun kisses the side of his head and then stands up, “I’ll see you when I get back, alright.” DongWon nods and stays quiet.

 

 

Airport

BaoMing sits next to DongHyun at the airport while waiting for their flight. DongHyun could help but look over every few second hoping that she’ll talk to him. After a couple of minutes he couldn’t take it anymore and grabs onto her wrist.

“What are you doing?” she looks at his hand then him

“I need to talk to you.”

“There is nothing left to talk about.” She tries to pull out of his grasp, but his grip was too tight, “Let go of me.”

“No, not until you talk to me.” He drags her off into a corner somewhere they wouldn’t be seen together.

“I have nothing to talk to you about.” She crosses her arms and looks at a different direction

“If you don’t want to talk just listen.” He sighs, “I’m sorry about what I said the other day, it just all slip out I - ,” BaoMing cuts him off

“No need for an explanation. We both agreed on our position two months ago with the lawyer. After I completed the mission we no longer acknowledge each other’s presence. I’m no one to you and your no one to me.” He grabs her shoulder and makes her face him

“Ming don’t you understand what I’m trying to say?” she looks at him in the face, he was serious, “I like you BaoMing.”

BaoMing felt her heart rate rise and her cheek burn.

“I like you, I don’t know when I started to like you but I just do so don’t ask.” BaoMing was happy but then Jessica pops up in her head; the Jessica who had suffered four years with her child under an abusive boyfriend. The same Jessica who has brain cancer and the same Jessica who help her finish her mission in order to leave. BaoMing took his hands off her shoulder and pushes them away.

“Don’t play with me. You have Jessica unnie waiting for you and DongWon to be a father to. This isn’t the time to be playing games.”

“I’m not playing.”

“Kim DongHyun this is when we go our separate ways. I’m no longer part of your life and you are no longer part of mine.” Her tears gleam in her eyes

“The plane for Seoul, Korea is taking off in 20 minutes. May all passengers please head to Gate 4.”  They announce from the PA system.

“This is our last Good Bye.” BaoMing bows, “It was nice working with you Mr. Kim.” She puts out her hand. DongHyun looks down at her hand then back at her, and shakes her hand, “I hope that the next time we meet it won’t be in this kind of situation.” She lets go of his hand and walks back to grab her bag and heads to Gate 4.

DongHyun balls up his fist and notices something in his hand. He looks and saw a small piece of paper in with his name on it.

If you’re reading this right now, I’m on my way back to Seoul already. This isn’t the last note I’m leaving to you but it will be the last in person. I’m leaving…I’m leaving for the both of us. As you probably know by now Jessica unnie has cancer and chances of survival are very slim, she needs someone to care for her. I know somewhere in your heart you still miss and love her, now is your chance. DongWon still hasn’t figured out that you’re his real appa, slowly tell him. I’m pretty sure he’ll be glad that you are his appa.

After you come back I’ll be gone, but I left you something in the baby room that I couldn’t keep to myself. Something that you’ll hate me for, and hopefully it’ll stay that way.

Sincerely, Han BaoMing.

 

DongHyun quickly crumbles the paper up and runs towards Gate 4. Tears bound to fall from his eyes, but to his bad luck his fans were everywhere making it harder to find BaoMing.

“Han BaoMing!” he yells until he was out of breath, “BAOMING!”

s and manager run to see what was going on. They found him sitting on the floor with just his fans standing around him. Youngmin goes and tries to help him stands up.

“Let go of me.” He push Youngmin away and gets up and walks towards Gate 4, “Han BaoMing I know you can hear me. Get back here!”

Jeongmin grabs DongHyun collar and pulls him back, “Hyung stop all this madness. There are too many people around here for you to be doing this.”

“She is leaving me Jeongmin.” He grabs Jeongmin’s arm and begins to cry, “She leaving me forever. Otteke?”

“Hyung you still have Jessica and DongWon waiting for you. You have to live for them.” Jeongmin and DongHyun looks at the entrance hoping that BaoMing would run through those door and come back to them.

 

 

BaoMing was sitting in her seat waiting for the plane to take flight. Jaejoong sat next to her because he was the only one that knew her condition. He hand her a bottle of water.

“Thank you.” She takes it and opens it

“So did you tell our little buddy yet?” Jaejoong asks

“No.” BaoMing held her tears back, “But he’ll find out soon enough.”

Jaejoong saw the sadness in her eyes. He knew she did the right thing but she only ended up hurting herself.

“You need a shoulder.” BaoMing leans her head on his shoulder.  If she didn’t know better she thought she could hear him calling her name.

“Oppa.”

“Hmm.”

“Don’t ever fall in love.” Jaejoong chuckles

“I already made that mistake.” He turns his head and looks at Lisa sleeping in the section over.

 

Seoul (A Day Later)

“Umma, appa.” BaoMing bows to the two.

“BaoMing.”Mrs. Kim goes and hugs her, “I’m so glad you’re back.”

BaoMing smiles, “It is good to be back.”

They all walk to the living room.

“What are you doing here my dear?” asks Mr. Kim

“I believe umma might have told you already why I was coming.” They both look at Mrs. Kim, “I’m here to tell you that I finish the job and that I’ll be leaving Seoul.”

“Why?” asks Mr.Kim, “What about DongHyun?”

“DongHyun and I are getting a divorce.” The two elders were silent, “We made the decision ourselves; that after the mission was complete we will both go on our way.”

“BaoMing.” Says Mrs. Kim, “What will you do? Where will you go?”

“That is something I’m not telling anyone. I don’t want to be found.” BaoMing takes off her ring and sets it on the coffee table, “Please give it back to DongHyun when he gets back. It no longer belongs to me.” She gets on her knee next to Mrs. Kim, “Umma and appa, this is the last time I’ll be calling you guys like this. Even though our time was short I was happy to have you as my parents and happy to get you love. I hope that when Jessica and her son come back you’ll treat her like how you guys did me.” BaoMing stands up, “I’ll be leaving Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” They both stand up

“Hold up for a moment BaoMing ssi.” Says Mr. Kim, he takes an envelope from his pocket and puts it in BaoMing’s hands, “Take this.”

“Mr. Kim I can’t take this.”

“We may not know where you’re going but I hope you use it wisely. You’ll always be our daughter, come back whenever you want.” BaoMing nods and walks away before the tears could escape.

 

The Next Day

“Baoming where ever you are you better call me. I’m worrying sick over here.”Lisa hangs up her phone, “This girl is driving me crazy.”

“Calm down Lisa. She just needs a little time to take in everything.” Says Jaejoong

“I can’t do this I have to go see her.” She takes her jacket and goes out of her office. Jaejoong follows her.

TOK TOK TOK

Julia opens the door to find Jaejoong and Lisa drench from the rain.

“Hello Mr. Kim and Ms. Jung, what can I do for you?”

“I’m looking for BaoMing; is she here?” asks Lisa

“Young madam is not in.”

“Where is she?”

“She did tell me but she told me to give this to you and the team if you guys came over.” Julia grabs an envelope and gave it to Lisa.

“What is it?” Jaejoong asks. Lisa rips the envelope open.

“It is a letter.” She unfolds the paper, “It says ‘Hey guys…”

Hey guys,

Sorry to leave without telling you guys anything. I knew if I did you would stop me from leaving. First off I want to say thank you for the wonderful 5 ½ years; it has been a blast staying with you guys and nothing can change that. Second thank you for loving me like a family, now it is time for me to begin on my own family. Lisa unnie, I know you’re probably the one reading this right now and angry to death at me, but let just say this next mission is a solo mission. One that even you can’t help me with. I want to let you know unnie that I love you and nothing is ever going to destroy the bond we have. Jae oppa please take care of unnie for me. You and I both know the only thing she good at is working so help her out a bit. I leave her to you my favorite oppa. Junsu oppa, my intelligent and awesome oppa who can never be replace, I hope you find a girlfriend soon and it better not be a computer. I’ll miss your handsome smile that brightens my day whenever I see. YooChun oppa…what should I say? You are the biggest flirt I ever met, but when push comes to shove you’re always there. Please watch over your brother he isn’t too bright and easily tricked. YooHwan…you’re half the reason why I am what I am today. I would say I’ll miss you the most but that’ll be the lie. Since you’re the youngest now watch over all these hot heads and watch your health also. Find yourself a girlfriend that will treat you right. I’m not the person you’re looking for. If fate shall have it we’ll see each other again.

Sincerely, Han BaoMing your MeiMei

“She didn’t say where she was going?” Lisa asks

Julia shook her head, “When young madam got home she stayed in her room for quite awhile I was getting quite worried. Then she went to Master and Madam’s house and had Rocky take her somewhere. She came home and went to the baby room and left something in there. She said to not enter the room until Young master arrived. This morning she packed all her stuff and just left.”

“And you did stop her?” Lisa raises her voice

“I didn’t know. She travels so often I thought maybe she was going on a trip.” Lisa sighs

“Where is Rocky?”

“Picking up Jessica and DongWon at the airport like young madam told him to.”

 

 

BaoMing drives in the rain, crying hoping the pain would go away. She had one hand on her stomach the other on the wheel.

“Baby, do you hear umma?” she pauses, “Umma can’t wait to meet you. Umma and you are going to go and live somewhere else. Maybe if it is meant to be we’ll come back to this place and your appa.”