Misunderstand

Life Goes On With or Without us

 

* word* = talking to self

 

 “Oppa,” BaoMing hesitates, “I-I think I might have found his -.” The door opens DongHyun walks in with a bowl of porridge. Junsu looks at BaoMing

“We’ll talk later you should eat.” He pats her head, “Jae hyung should be her to trade spots with me and Hwan.” he walks out the room. DongHyun goes and sit on the edge of the bed where she Junsu was sitting. Dong was blowing the porridge trying to cool it down.

“It’s fine I can eat it by myself.” BaoMing grab the bowl but DongHyun pulls it back without having eye contact with her.

“It is okay. You aren’t feeling well; I’ll feed you.” He scoops up some porridge and feeds BaoMing. She was so happy, but she knew it was short lived. She ate in silence as he fed her. He put the spoon down, “I’m sorry about the way I acted this morning. I should have known you weren’t feeling good. I even left you alone.”

“DongHyun it is okay…you don’t need to apologize.”

“Why do you keep saying it’s fine, it’s okay, I’m alright, I’m fine, or I’m okay? Just say something if you’re not.” DongHyun puts the bowl on the night stand, and stands up, “I know you suffered a lot ever since you came to Korea, but it doesn’t have to be that way.” She sat there in silence.

“I’m only doing what I’ve been told to do.” She looks at him, “The way I feel isn’t important, that is something I keep to myself. And if I remember correctly we agree to keep our private life away from each other. So whatever other people and I have together please don’t interfere.” She fixes her blanket, “Thanks for the meal.” DongHyun grabs the bowl and walks out the room.

“How is she doing?” Mrs. Kim asks DongHyun. Junsu and YooHwan was eating at the counter minding their own business.

“She is fine.” He puts the half eaten porridge on the counter.

“Yah!” Mrs. Kim saw the bowl, “She barely ate anything. This bowl is still full.” She takes the bowl and empties it.

“Umma.” He leans towards the counter, “I remember when I was younger you told me that you and appa were arranged to be married.”

“Yes , what about it?”

“Did you and appa ever, you know, love each other?” Mrs. Kim looks at her son, and put her hands on her hip.

“Kim DongHyun, if your appa and I didn’t love each other how do you think you came to exist?”

“I don’t know the same way this all happen.” Mrs.Kim hits DongHyun on his arm, “Ahh, umma that hurts.”

“You know pain too? I didn’t think my cold hearted son knew what pain was.” She starts to wash dishes.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lisa is at her office still looking through files, when her phone rings.

“Annyeonghaeseyo?”

“Hello Mong Ji.” Her eyes widen, there was only one person that still call her that.

“Eunhyuk, how did you get my number?”

“My dear I have my ways.” She could feel him smile through the phone, “I actually miss listening to your voice. It reminds me of those old days.”

“Get to the point.” She says abruptly

“I know that your group is the one watching ‘him’ so I want to warn you first, if you don’t tell your men to retreat it won’t be my problem if they get hurt.” Lisa scoffs

“EunHyuk…I have one thing to say to you, game on.” Lisa hangs up, “I got make sure that Ming and the rest are safe.” She opens her draw, there is a picture of her and Eunhyuk, “I guess even after all these years you’re still the same.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥

The next morning BaoMing was feeling better after a good rest. She gets up to go and wake DongHyun up. As she walks into the hallway she can smell food. To her surprise DongHyun was making breakfast. Jaejoong and YooHwan was already there too.   He was so concentrated that he didn’t notice her until she came to the counter. DongHyun looks up at her; he had pancake flour all over his face.

“Morning.” He says with a smirk and continues cooking

“Morning.” She looks over to Jaejoong and  YooHwan, “Morning oppa and Hwan.” They smile back at her and bow. She takes a seat at the counter, “Aren’t you working today?”

“Aniyo, appa is working today.” he continues to cook.

“Aren’t you going to go and hangout with Boyfriend today?”

“Ani…I’m hanging out with you today.” BaoMing thought she was hearing things,

“Bwoh? Waeyo?”

“Umma ask me yesterday if we went baby shopping and I said no. So she gave me a load of money to go spend with you, for the baby. So after we’re done eating we can go to whatever store you want. They’re also coming along.” BaoMing smiles at her buddies. DongHyun notices the way she look at them.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

BaoMing POV

We went to the mall for about 2 good hours. We bought a crib that was going to be sent to the house in about a week. We were looking around for toys and clothes. Since we didn’t known if it was a boy or girl we couldn’t really buy clothes. While I was looking at outfits I notice DongHyun was looking at toy cars, I guess I knew what he wanted to have. That only made me sadder and thought about DongWon. YooHwan and Jaejoong stays outside the store door.

*If DongWon is really his son he might be very happy.*

“Ma’am, are you looking for anything?” an employee asked me.

“No, just looking around.” I gave her a smile.

“Are you expecting?”

“Yes, but I don’t know what I’m having yet.”

“Even if you don’t know yet how about we look at this family outfit.” She grabs hold of BaoMing’s wrist, “This is our latest arrival. Even though it just hoodies it fits for both boys and girls.” It was cute it had a panda on the front.

“What are you looking at?” ask DongHyun

“Oh we’re looking at matching family clothing.” He stares at the hoodies, “I was just looking at the hoodies, and there was no special reason.” I bow at the lady and turn to leave, DongHyun stops me.

“Do you like it?”

“I was just looking. You don’t need to buy it.”

“Ma’am, give me one set.” The lady bows and walks to get a set.

“DongHyun.” I tried to stop the lady.

“Umma told me to come buy stuff with you. If you like it, then just tell me I’ll just buy it for you.” The lady comes back with a set.

“Here you go, thank you.”

We walk out of the store; he was still holding my wrist; almost as if he was holding my hand. I clear my throat. He looks at me and I motion at my wrist. He let it go immediately.

“Sorry.” He looks at me and scratches his head, “Are you hungry?” I nod my head, “Okay lets go eat some pork belly.”

“How about we go to the store and buy some food and have a BBQ at home. I haven’t gotten the chance to get to know Boyfriend yet.” He looks at me.

“Are you sure?” I nod my head, “Okay. Let go.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Arthur POV

DongHyun went and open the door. YooHwan and Jaejoong were asked to stay for the party by BaoMing, even though she knew DongHyun dislikes it.

“Hyung!” Minwoo hug DongHyun, “I miss you.”

“You just saw me the other day.”

“I know but I still miss you.”  BaoMing walks out of the kitchen to greet the guys.

“Annyeong!” the boys started to walk in to the house

“Annyeonghaeseyo sinu-i isang!” they all said

“BaoMing let me come and help you.” Says Jeongmin

“Are you sure?”

“Ne, because I know Hyung won’t do it.” Jeongmin walks into the kitchen after BaoMing.

“So hyung how is the daddy life going?” ask Hyunseong

“It hasn’t started yet.”

“I heard when girls get pregnant they are moodier than usually.” Says Kwangmin

“Yeah I heard that too. And they also get the worst cravings ever; sometimes they want to eat the weirdest things too. Does noona have those kinds of cravings?” DongHyun thought about it she never really had any of those problems or maybe she just didn’t show it, “Oh yeah and morning sickness.” Asks Minwoo

“No she doesn’t have any of those symptoms and she never showed it.”

“Really? They usually get something.”

“Hyung have you guys thought of a name yet?” ask Youngmin

“Ani…I never really thought about it.”

“Hyung you’re the worst. Are you going to let noona do all the work?” said Kwangmin, “Having a baby takes both, so both have to be responsible.” DongHyun got annoy at all the question.

“Stop it, stop it, it is my first time being a dad. I don’t know what to do.”

Their whole conversation could be heard by Jeongmin and BaoMing in the kitchen. All they could do was laugh at how scared DongHyun sound.

“So BaoMing, you guys really haven’t thought of a name yet?”

“Ani…I don’t know what to call it.”

“Noona…is hyung still talking to Minah?” BaoMing puts her knife down.

“I don’t know…this last week I haven’t seen him really talk to her. But I try not to think about it.”

“Noona, what are you going to do if she comes back?”

“I don’t know, it all depends on him. If he chooses her I leave after the baby is born and my mission is finish. That was the original plan, this just happen to come along.”

“Do you like Hyung?” BaoMing stop and thought about it. Did she really like or was it because he was being nice to her.

“I don’t know.”  Her phone starts to ring, “Excuse me.” She picks it up, “Annyeong?”

“BaoMing shi?” Jessica was on the other line, she goes into the hallway.

“Jessica, how are you and DongWon doing?”

“We’re doing fine; they say that he might get to go home two days from now. He really wants to see before he gets discharge. He won’t stop talking about you.”

“Aww really, tell him I’ll see him tomorrow.” BaoMing smiles

“Umma who are you talking to?” DongWon’s voice can be heard in the background

“I’m talking to BaoMing.”

“I want to talk to BaoMing ajumma.” He whines, “Annyeong,BaoMing ajumma.”

“Annyeong DongWon ah”

“Ajumma, when are you going to come and see me again?” BaoMing smile at his voice.

“I’ll come see you tomorrow, I promise.”

“Pinky promise?”

“Pinky promise and I’ll bring you a gift too. What do you want?”

“Umm I want a toy car, a blue one.”

“Okay I come and give it to you tomorrow okay.”

“Okay~ Umma wants to talk to you.”

“BaoMing shi you don’t have to bring him the toy.”

“Ani it okay I’ll buy the car for him. I’ll see you tomorrow.” BaoMing hung up and return to the kitchen.

“Who was that?”

“A friend I meet at the hospital. She has the cutest little boy.”

“Really, how old?”

“I believe he was is around three. But that boy can talk.”

“I want to meet him.”

“Maybe one day Jeongmin.” BaoMing puts the finishing touches on the food, “Okay let’s get all this food to the table.” Jeongmin and BaoMing head to the table with food. They all told secrets about DongHyun and themselves.

After what was already a really long day BaoMing invites the boys to sleepover. BaoMing goes into the storage room where the extra pillows and blankets were stored. She stacks the blankets over her head, but before she could take them to the living room someone took them away from her.

“Oppa~” she was surprise. Jaejoong was right in front of her with Yoohwan behind him.

“You shouldn’t be carrying heavy stuff it not good for you.” He walks away with the blankets. BaoMing grabs a chair and reach for the pillows on the top shelf of the room.

“Ming what are you doing?” YooHwan says abruptly, “It not safe.”

“It is okay Hwan, I’m just grabbing the pillows.” She reaches for one and hands it to YooHwan, “See I can handle it.” She grabs two more and hands it to him, “ Okay lets go.”

“Where are the other two sleeping?”

“In my room.”

“What about you?”

“I’m sleeping with DongHyun.” She saya slowly, “Let not talk about that.” BaoMing slips on her pant legs getting down. YooHwan drops the pillows and catches BaoMing. YooHwan landing is soften by the pillows. He had his arm around her waist.

“Are you okay?” YooHwan can hear her pant from the sudden surprise.

“Ne…thanks Hwan.” She gets up and fixes her clothes, “DongHyun.” He was standing in the door way looking at the two. YooHwan also gets up and fixes his clothes.

“YooHwan shi, you are dismiss for the night, Jaejoong shi is waiting in the car for you.” YooHwan leaves the two. They both stare at each other. BaoMing didn’t know what to say or do because she knew that he was already thinking the wrong thing and she was right. “I don’t even want to know what happened.” He grabs the pillows from the floor and walks away.

BaoMing grabs some of her clothes and heads towards the stairs.

“Noona, are you sure about this?” asks Kwangmin

“It is fine Kwangmin shi, I’ll just go and sleep with him. You and Hyunseong can take my room for the night. Plus I don’t have enough couches for four people.”Kwangmin and Hyungseong walk to her room. She walks towards the front of the stairs and looks up. She sighs at the thought of meeting him face to face. She slowly walks up the stairs. She felt like her heart beat a thousand beats per second if it was possible. After what seems like years she finally reaches his door. She was about to knock on his door when she hears him talking; she places her ear closer to the door.

“Yeah I miss you too.” It was in a tone that he has never used with her before, he chuckles, “You’re talking about her…it all for show. I don't really care for her or that thing inside of her.” She felt her heart drop, “No, why would I? I have you. I bet you if I give money to her she’ll leave just like that.” She can hear him snap his fingers, “If I could ask her for an abortion I would.” She became shock and backs away from the door, holding tightly on to her clothes. She felt a slight pain in her abdomen. She leans onto the wall across from the door.

“Ahh.” She felt the tears wanting to escape from her eyes, from the physical and mental pain she was having, *He really doesn’t want you. Appa wants me to abort you.* “Ahh” She groans, it felt like a thousand needles piercing her stomach at the same time. Minwoo gets up from the couch after hearing BaoMing groan. He walks up the stairs and sees her sitting on the floor with her hand on her stomach.

“Noona, are you okay?” he runs up the stairs. He touches her carefully not wanting to harm her. BaoMing has sweat dripping down her face.

“Minwoo.” She struggles to say, “It hurts.” Her tears were falling now, “It hurts really bad.”

“Noona what hurts?” he notices her hand on her abdomen, “Your stomach?” She nods.

“I don’t want to lose the baby.” She felt the pain getting worse. Youngmin walks to the stairs where Minwoo and BaoMing were.

“What wrong?” YoungMin asks

“Hyung, noona is in pain. Otteke?” Minwoo was scared. Youngmin runs up the stairs.

“Noona, are you okay?” BaoMing shooks her head Jeongmin runs up the stairs to BaoMing’s side.

“Youngmin call the hospital.” JeongMin says, “BaoMing, you’re going to be fine.” He grabs her hand and carries her downstairs bridal style and puts her on the couch. Kwangmin and Hyunseong runs out to the living room after the all the commotion.

“What are you guys all doing up?” DongHyun final comes out of his room with his cell in his hand.

“Hyung, noona’s stomach hurts. What should we do?” asks Minwoo. DongHyun quickly runs to her side. He can see that she sweating a lot.

“They said they’ll be here in 30 minutes or so.” Youngmin says. DongHyun squats in front of BaoMing.

“That is too late.” Jeongmin says, “We’ll have to take her.”

“Are you okay?” He holds her hand. She finally looks at him, but all she felt was hatred.

“Don’t touch me.” She moves her hand from his hold. Her breathing was getting heavier.

“I’ll carry her to the car Hyung.” Jeongmin carefully carries BaoMing bridal style, but the pain was already too much for her.

“Noona!” yells Youngmin. BaoMing blacks out from the pain.

“We have to hurry.” Jeongmin hurries towards the door with Hyunseong behind him. DongHyun didn’t know what was going on. He has never seen or heard BaoMing use that tone before.

“Hyung is that blood?” Minwoo points at the couch. DongHyun quickly goes over and there was a bloodstain on the spot BaoMing was sitting on.

“BaoMing.” DongHyun rushes out the door.