♥Feb. 12 ♥ (I)

Life Goes On With or Without us

“I’m not.” He said, “I’m not fine when I see your tears or when you’re hurt.” He sighs, “It hurts me.”

“DongHyun.” She sigh, “Let me go.”

“What?”

“Let me go. I know there is something going on between you and Minah that you guys aren’t telling anyone.” He slowly loosen his grip and she push him away. She gets up and walk towards the door.

“What did she tell you?” she stops

“Nothing, I just over heard you guys the other day.”

“Ming,” she looks at DongHyun, “Whatever happens or whatever you hear I want you to know that I love you.”

“Isn’t it a little too late for all that DongHyun.” She disappeared from his sight.

-----

BaoMing arrived at Starship Entertainment after she dropped off DongWon. She enters Mr. Kim’s office.

“Morning appa.”

“Morning Ming.” He stands up and gives her a hug, “How are you and the kids?” BaoMing puts a smile on for him.

“They’re great appa. I actually came here to talk to you about something appa if you aren’t busy.”

“I have a meeting in an hour but I’m pretty sure that we have enough time.” He leads her to his desk. “I what did you want to talk about?”

“Before we talk can you give me DongHyun’s lawyer’s number?”

----

DongHyun sat on the couch playing with his phone. He heard EunMi crying and rolled to her room.

“EunMi why are you crying?” she sat up in her bed with crazy hair.

“I had a bad dream.” DongHyun picked her up and set her in his lap.

“What was your dream about?”

“I dream that I was alone in a room by myself. There was this metal thing that keep me close to the bed. I was crying when I heard umma bust in through the door. When I look out through the crack umma was getting beat up by some bad guy and I was crying for them to stop. There was this really pretty guy with red hair laughing at them.”

“You are fine EunMi. I got you now.” He patted her head, *Appa got you.*

----

Jaejoong ran into Lisa’s office

“What the matter?” ask Lisa

“We track down SM. You won’t believe who it is?”

“Who?”

“HeeChul.” She looks at Jaejoong, “According to Junsu his branch has the most captive and the most members. He has the whole SM group under him. But we still don’t know what they’re after. We also found out that they’re smuggling girls over from poverty countries.”

She nods her head

 “That means we have to move quickly. What about the other branches?”

“We have split our group into three different teams.” He put a sheet down, “It is going to be you and YooChun, Junsu and I will be team three, and Hwan and Ming will be a team. We’ll have four back up in each group.”

“Do we know his location?”

“He is currently in Seoul, but it is too out in the open. We have an agent on the inside. I’m waiting for the call.”

“Let me know ASAP if you get any leads.” Jaejoong leaves her

----

Boyfriend sat at the pier. The breeze is cold but the warm sun balances it out.

“Hyung when is she going to get here?” whines Youngmin

“She said after she was done talking to ajussi.” Jeongmin lays down on his back. When he opens his eye he is greet by bag of food. “Ming.”

BaoMing chuckles a JeongMin sits up. All the members greeted BaoMing.

“Noona.” Youngmin stands, “Noona when did you get here?”

“I just got here right before JeongMin laid down.” She passes the bag to YoungMin, “Here are some hot steam buns. I thought you guys might be hungry by the time I got here.” Youngmin took the bag and passed it around.

“Thank you noona.” He takes a bit out of it.

“Ming, why did you tell us to all come out here.” Ask Jeongmin

“I had a favor to ask and I need all of you guys to help me out. I can’t do this alone.” All the guys tunes in to what she had to say.

“Anything noona.” Say Minwoo

“I know BoyFriend got disbanded because of DongHyun and I know you guys really want t get back on stage as much as he does.”

“We don’t know about this BaoMing ssi.” Said Hyunseong, “Hyung is a great guy in all but there is something wrong with him that even we can’t fix.”

“What?”

“His emotions. He does everything based on his emotions. If he is mad or angry he’ll either not perform or act like a jerk. The reason we got disbanded was because he couldn’t get over the fact that you ran off and that Jessica noona was dying.” Hyunseong sighs, “The only way I’ll join is if he cleans up his act. If not then I’m out.”

“Hyung.” Says Kwangmin

“Hyunseong is telling the truth.” Say Jeongmin,

“JeongMin hyung.”

 “The reason we got disbanded was because of hyung. The only way we’re going back is if hyung is welling to change.”

----

DongHyun picks up his crutches and walks over to the kitchen, to grab a bottle of water.

“Omo, DongHyun ssi, why are you already using crutches. Ming unnie said that you aren’t supposed to be using them yet.”

“I got it Julia, just finish your work around the house.” DongHyun opens the fridge and tries to reach for a bottle.

“Let me help you.” She grabs a bottle and hand it to DongHyun, “Is there anything else you need help with.”

“That will be it.” DongHyun walks back to the living room. He took one look at the piano and walked towards it.

“DongHyun, ppalli” Sunny runs and sit on the seat, “C’mon I want to show you something.” She had a bright smile that could make any men’s heart melt. DongHyun runs over and wrap his arm around her neck.

“What did you want to show me?” She took out some sheet music and placed on the piano stand. “I Choose to Love You? Isn’t this-?”

“I ask Hyorin for the sheet. I’ve been practicing it for a while, it isn’t too bad but it not that great either.” She started to play the song. They sang the song together.

He sat down on the seat and put his crutch down on the floor.

“I don’t know why all of these memories of you are suddenly popping in front of me.” He sighs heavily, “But I do miss those days.”

“DongHyun ajussi.” EunMi runs into the living room, “Can you help me make a card for umma?”

“What is the card for?” EunMi give DongHyun a baffle look.

“Ajussi, you said that you’re umma’s friend right?”

“Yeah, I am your umma’s friend.”

“Then how come you don’t know that it is Umma’s birthday tomorrow.”

DongHyun was bewildered, it wasn’t he didn’t remember it was more that he never knew her birthday. They never got the chance to celebrate it.

“Ajussi forgot.” He smiled at her, “How about this, tomorrow when your umma send DongWon to school we’ll do a little surprise for her.” EunMi smiled but then it became a frown, “What wrong? You don’t like my idea.”

“Aniyo it isn’t that. It just umma said tomorrow we’re going to halemoni and halabeoji house.”

“Oh…that is a problem.” He thought about it, “How about this…” he whispers in her ear. A smile slowly started to form again.

----

DongWook sat at his desk searching the incidents regarding DongHyun and SM. Somebody sets a drink on his desk. He looks up and saw BaoMing.

“Ming?” She smiles at him

“Don’t work too hard or people are going to rely on you.” He leans back in his chair and smile at her.

“Why? You don’t want me to beat you?” She takes a sip of her drink

“Regardless of how bad you want to beat you can’t.”

“Waeyo?” He crosses his arms

“Because, I have more experience. This is nothing like the field you were in, so don’t think that just because you are a guy you can beat your sunbae.” He scoffs

“If you are so much better why did you never beat me when we used to work together?”

“That is because if I was too good you might have caught on and been suspicious of me from the start. Also the fact that I had EunMi with me it made it less suspicious.” He chuckles and open his drink.

“Why are you here anyway Ming?”

“I came to see how things were going and saw you were working hard here so I came to have a little chat.” She looks at him, “Don’t work too hard though. I’m telling you from experience.”

“What are you doing after?”

“I’m going to go pick up DongWon from school and head to Mr. and Mrs. Kim’s house. Why?”

“I wanted to chat to you a little more: more like as a question.”

“What?”

“The other day I overheard you and Yoona talking.” She looks at him. “EunMi’s-.”

“You’re going to ask if what I said was true?” he nods. She smirks at him, “Yes.”

“So when he stopped you at Yoona and Taec’s wedding was because-.” There was silence between the two, “Are you still planning on leaving?” She nods, “You know he probably won’t let you leave.”

“If he wants me to leave or not it isn’t his decision. I already decided.” She inhales, “We’ll it was nice talking to you. But I got to go.”

-----

DongHyun walks towards the kitchen with his crutches. BaoMing comes in through the door with DongWon.

“Umma!” shouts EunMi.

“Hi, honey.” She kiss her on the forehead, “Did you have fun today?” EunMi nods

“Ajussi and I made lunch for you and oppa.” She smiles and drags BaoMing to the kitchen, “Ppalli.” They run to the kitchen. BaoMing was astonished by what she saw. There was a picnic basket on the table.

“Welcome back.” DongHyun sat in his wheel chair with a smile.

“What is all this?” DongHyun looks at EunMi and then back at BaoMing

“EunMi and I got bored so she wanted to make lunch for you and DongWon. But then EunMi wanted to go on a picnic so we decided that we’ll eat lunch at the park.”

 

 

DongHyung was flying kites with DongWon and EunMi. BaoMing set the picnic cloth on the ground and set out the food. She was surprised at how much food they packed.

“Ming, what are you doing?” yells DongHyun, “Come fly kites with us.”

“Aniyo, I sit here and watch you guys.” She watches them with a smile.

“Oh, Ming?” BaoMing looks up and gets up quickly

“Oh, Lisa unni and Jae oppa, what are you guys doing here?” she looks up and down, “Together?” Jaejoong and Lisa looks at each other.

“We’re just taking a walk and met up with each other.” Lisa excuses herself. BaoMing nods, “What are you guys doing here?”

“We’re on a family picnic. You care to join us.” Lisa looks at Jaejoong

“Why not? It isn’t every day we get to have a picnic.” Says Jaejoong, “I’ll go and buy some more refreshments.” Jaejoong walks back towards the convenience store. Lisa sat down with BaoMing.

“So...unnie it seems that you and oppa have something going on?

“Nothing really.”

“Jinjja?” BaoMing was suspicious, “I’ll ask oppa later. I know oppa will tell me the truth.”

“What about you? You and DongHyun seem like there I something going on.”

“There is something going on with him but not me.”

“What?”

“I’m not sure but it almost seem like he wants to start over with me.”

“Are you going to give him that chance?” Lisa looks at her

-----

The Next Day

“Anneyonghaseyo?” BaoMing enters the empty house, “Anneyong?” she walks to the house, “Is anybody here?” Everything was black even the lights weren’t on. “Appa? Umma? Where are you guys?”

CRASH

Something fell and broke from the kitchen. BaoMing slowly walks towards the noise.

“Is anybody there?” she flips the kitchen switch on.

“SURPRISE!” she jumps. Everyone was there, BOYFRIEND, and her coworkers.

“Happy Birthday umma!” yells EunMi

“Happy Birthday BaoMing Umma.” DongWon and EunMi both runs to give her a hug.

“Thanks you guys.” She kisses them on the cheek. EunMi hands BaoMing the card. “What is this?

“It is a birthday card. Read it.” BaoMing opens the card. It was a stick picture of DongHyun, DongWon, EunMi and her. Above DongHyun’s figure the word ‘Appa’ was written. “Oppa and I made it together with Ajusshi.” BaoMing force a fake smile on.

“Thank you.”

“Well… let just don’t stand here and eat some food.” Said Mrs. Kim. Everyone starts to dig in to the food. BaoMing looks around.

“Where is DongHyun?”

“Oh he didn’t tell you?” ask JeongMin

“Tell me what?” said BaoMing

“Hyung couldn’t make it because he had something important to do.” BaoMing felt disappointed, she hide the present she bought for him behind her. “But hyung did all this for you.”             

“Bwoh?”

“He planned the whole thing.” BaoMing was happy but there was still an unhappy feeling in her heart.

After eating she walks to the back porch and stared out into the garden. That night four years ago came into her mind.

DongHyun walks into the house after a long day of practice. The living room was decorated with balloons and huge ‘Happy Birthday’ banner hang from the door frame. His parents sat in the living room. His mom gets up from the couch and goes give him a hug.

“Happy birthday adul.”

“Thanks umma.” BaoMing walks out from the kitchen.

“Happy birthday DongHyun ssi.” BaoMing was holding a small cake for DongHyun. He rolls his eyes and walks away.

“I don’t need your stupid cake, and I don’t need that stupid act either.”

“DongHyun!” Mrs. Kim raise her voice

“It okay umma. He is just tired.”BaoMing blew out the candle with a sad expression.

She sighs at the memory, then all light in the backyard suddenly turns off. BaoMing hears someone in the bushes. She reaches for her gun.

“Who is there?”

 

Preview:

“Happy Birthday Kim DongHyun.”

“There is no feeling there.”

“What was that kiss about?”

“Abeoji.”

“What is that?”

“Our marriage contract. From four years ago. I believe you recognize your own signature.”