Blooming?

Life Goes On With or Without us

* = Thoughts to self

 

 

DongHyun POV

“Where is that girl at? I thought she would have been here by now.” I didn’t know why I was so anxious.

“What is wrong oppa?” asked Minah. Her hair was up in a bun with a sequence mask to match her black mermaid style dress that showed her back.

“Nothing I was just-“

“DongHyun is that you?” I heard umma call me

“Umma, Appa,” I hug them both

“So how is the party?”

“It is good, but it could be better.”Minah clear , “Oh…umma, appa this is Minah, my friend.”

“Will just don’t sit there take her to go dance, while your mom and I go and greet other guests.” Appa and umma heads towards some of their friends.

“So you want to dance oppa?” Minah asked me

“Yeah let’s go.” We were dancing when something caught my attention. There was a girl at the door in a turquoise ball gown with a gentleman. Even though it was just plain dress she was beautiful. I really wanted to see who was under that mask. I kept my eyes on her as she walk towards my parents and greeted them.   *Wait she knows Appa and umma*

“Oppa is something the matter. You don’t seem quite like yourself today?” I smile at her

“Nothing wrong I was just looking for appa and umma.”

“Oh.” We dance for a while longer when I saw the mystery lady dance with appa. She was smiling and laughing at appa. *They seem pretty close.* Minah looks towards the direction I was staring at. “Oppa want to place a bet?”

“What kind of bet?” I knew agreeing would be no good

“If you can kiss that girl,” her head motion towards my father,  “and get her name, I’ll do anything for you.” I smile

“You’re on.”

 “One rule you, it must be done all in one dance.” When I look up the song ended and she was asks to dance by another guy.

BaoMing Pov

I was surprise to see DongHyun.

“No problem at all.” Junsu hands me over to DongHyun and leaves the dance floor. DongHyun puts his left hand on my waist and we moved from there.  I could feel my face becoming red at his touch. If the music wasn’t so loud I swear he could hear my heart beat it beat.

“You look beautiful tonight.” He says with a smirk, I look at his mask

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?”

“However you want to take it. So what is your name?” I was surprised he didn’t know who I was.

“You can figure that out at the end of the night.”

“You’re not going to pull a Cinderella on me are yah.”  He smirks at me

“We’ll see.”

We dance a couple circles before I look up at him. I notice he was smiling at someone. I turn my head to see a girl blowing a kiss at him. I pull my hand away from and kept my head low. He looks at me with surprise.

“What is the matter?”

“Thanks for the dance, maybe we can finish this some other time.” I was about to walk away when I heard appa’s voice

“I would like to dedicate this song to my son DongHyun and his wife BaoMing. So if the guests don’t mind I’ll like you to excuse yourself from the dance floor and let the two dance for a while.” The spotlight landed on me and him. I turn around to see DongHyun with his hand in his pocket. He takes a step towards me and offers his hand. I hesitated before I gave him my hand and we walk to the center of dance floor and waited for the music to start.

“I didn’t expect for us to finish this dance so soon.” I ignore his smart comment. The music begins and he was leading the waltz. I could feel every beat and step we took. Even though I was mad the moment he made me feel like I was on cloud nine. “So why did you dance with that guy?”  His voice became cold

“Waeyo?”  I stared at him, “Are you jealous?” I scoff, “ I didn’t think you would put too much thought into it especially that Minah is here with you.” His stare sent chills down my spine.  He twirls me out and pulls me back in. I hit his chest, the smell of his cologne hit my nose I caught myself before he notice. I tried to get out of his embrace. He leans into my ear.

“If you really want to know BaoMing,”* he actually said my name,* “I was jealous.” We pause for a moment as I stared at him in disbelief. A man who I fell in love with for almost three months is jealous of my three minute dance with my coworker.  This man who hated my existence and wished for my disappearance, actually had feelings for me. “BaoMing,” his face inch closer to mine and I felt my heart beat like 40 beats per sec. Before I knew it he had closed the gap between us.  

Author Pov

BaoMing pulls away from the kiss and they stare at each other like no one else matter. DongHyun himself was surprised at his own action, but he knew he did it for a reason, but this time it felt different. He actually wanted to kiss her.

“Hope you liked it.” a smile appear on his face. He leaves BaoMing on the dance floor and heads towards the exit to the garden in the backyard.

“Ming, remember no emotion.” She yells at herself

“Ming!” a man with a grey mask walks over

“What is it Jaejoong oppa?”

“Our men have been spotted somebody suspicious around the area.”

“Where?”  She asks

“They saw him in the back.” BaoMing eye widen as she realizes something, “What is wrong?”

“Oppa we need to hurry.” She jogs pass Jaejoong, and he follows BaoMing, “DongHyun just walk out to the garden.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥

DongHyun is sitting on a brick wall staring out at the garden. His mind is in total chaos.

“Why did I kiss her?” he touches his lip, “I know it was because of a bet, but why do I feel all tingly inside; she is just another woman.”

On the other side of a rose bush there is a figure lingering in the darkness staring at DongHyun.  The figure pulls out a handgun and aims for DongHyun.

Bang

The light behind DongHyun goes out. He ducks behind the little wall. Several shots can be heard and screaming coming from the inside.

“DongHyun!” a girl voice catches his attention, “Oppa!” Minah runs to his side.

“Minah what are you doing out here?” Minah hold on to His arm

“Oppa, how are we going to get out of here?”

“I don’t know.”  DongHyun holds Minah in a tight embrace. Just then BaoMing’s team comes running to save the day. All of the girls has taken off the skirt part of their dress and is now in black pants  

“You three get them out of here! The rest goes forward.”  Yells YooChun. Three of the men DongHyun and Minah as the rest ran towards the gunman. The gunman runs off farther into the garden. Everyone splits and goes off in different directions.  BaoMing runs with her gun at her side towards the rose bushes. Her pace slows as she gets further into the garden.  She sees something at the corner of here eye and turns quickly.

“Ming, is that you?”

“Hwan?” she walks slowly over to him, “Did you see anything?”

“Aniyo…did you see anyone around here?”

“Nobody is here either.” She looks around, “Let go back to the others.” She walks back towards the mansion with YooHwan.

DongHyun was holding Minah and calming her down with his parents and the three escorts by his side, all of the guests left after the gunshots. Yoochun and Junsu walks inside the mansion with dirt all over their shoes and dress pants and cuts on their blazer from the branches.  Mrs.Kim walks over to YooChun

“Did you catch Him?” YooChun shook his head

“We’ll keep our eye out for him.” Mrs.Kim nods and walks back to the couch. YooChun looks around, “Has no one else arrived yet?”

“Ani, you and the young man over there are the first to arrive.” YooChun nods and walks over to the backdoor.

DongHyun is in a daze. Who wanted to kill him? Who was after his life? He wasn’t just sacred but angry at the same time. Why did BaoMing lie to him?

Flashback

DongHyun and Minah are crouching down behind the tiny brick way, when a group of people were run towards them while firing bullets towards the unseen gunman. DongHyun notice a familiar figure holding a gun looking at him.

*BaoMing?* her attention turned back towards the garden, but before she did he had already caught the sadness she had in her eyes.

“You three get them out of here! The rest goes forward.”  Yells YooChun. Three men in black suit came and escorted Minah and him back to the house. DongHuyn turns and saw BaoMing running towards the darkness. His heart told him to run to her but his mind said no.

Flashback ends

Bang

“Ahhh!* a scream of a girl can be heard from the garden. Yoochun and Junsu run out in a flash.