4 Years Without You

Life Goes On With or Without us

4 years later

DongHyun holds DongWon’s hand and walks into a floral shop.

“Hello Mr. Kim.” Says the owner, “Will it be the usual?”

“Yes please.”

The owner quickly goes and grabs a bunch of yellow rose and wraps it up with a translucent plastic wrap with coral decorations on it.

“Just charge it on my account.” Says DongHyun as he took the bouquet. The two walks out the shop and back to the car.

“Appa are we going to see umma today?” ask DongWon

“Yes.”

 

They arrive at the cemetery and DongWon had the yellow rose in his hands. He places them onto a tomb stone.

“Jessica it been two years since you left us here by ourselves. It not the same without you.” DongHyun sighs, “DongWon needs his umma, and he needs an umma to be here with him. He really misses you. We both miss you.”

“Umma, I know you’re in heave right now. Are you happy though? I want you here umma by me. I don’t like Minah ajumma she is mean to me. I want a nice umma like you or BaoMing umma.”

DongHyun knows there isn’t a day that went by that he didn’t remember her. But for DongWon to remember her at that age was something else. She must have a real impact on him.

“DongWon are you ready to go?” DongWon nods and DongHyun picks him up and walks to the car. He puts DongWon in the back seat and buckles him up. DongHyun sit in the driver seat and drives.

“Appa?”

“Yes?”

“Where is BaoMing umma?” The question hit DongHyun like a knife

“I don’t know buddy. Why?”

“I miss her.”

“I do too buddy.”

“Will I ever get to see her appa?”

“Maybe.”

When they got home DongWon fell asleep so DongHyun took him to his room, or BaoMing’s old room. After he put DongWon do he stops at the baby room door. Nothing had changed not even the dressers.

Flashback

DongHyun just got back from the tour. As soon as he got home he went straight to the baby room. There was nothing off about it everything was in place. He walks around the room and saw a large box with a letter on top of it. DongHyun unfold the letter

I ‘m glad you finished you’re first tour. Congratulations. I’m not going to write much but if you look inside the box you’ll understand what I’m saying.

DongHyun puts the letter aside and open the lid of the box. Inside the box were the family hoodies that they bought almost three months ago, and a picture that he did understand. He picks up the picture and looks at the back and all it said was

“Kim EunMi”

Flashback Ends

He knew there was some reason why she left the picture; it meant that if there was hope they’ll some back.

“Appa’s little girl, when will I get to see you.”

Flashback

DongHyun call the clinic that BaoMing had been going to. He was so surprise that his hands were shaking.

“Hello this is Dr. Shim’s Clinic how may I help you?”

“Umm Hello, my wife has been coming to this clinic and I would like to speak to the doctor who has been taking care of her.”

“Hello this is Dr. Shim, how may I help you?”

“Hello, I’m Kim BaoMing’s husband; I notice she had a check up recently and I want to know if everything is okay.”

“Oh, your wife and child are doing fine. She came here to take her vitamin and get a check up.” DongHyun was surprise, how was it possible that she was still pregnant and he did not know.

“May I know how far long she is?”

“Huh? Mr. Kim that a weird question, shouldn’t you know how far long your wife is.”

“Yes I should but my wife and I aren’t on good terms right now.”

“Well if you say so. She is about 5 months; she almost done with her second trimester.”

“Thank you doctor.”

Flashback Ends

“I promise I’ll find you guys.” He runs his hands of the railing of the crib. He felt arms grab him from behind.

“Oppa!”

“Hi Minah.”

What are you doing in here?” Minah looks around

“I’m just looking around.” He turns and holds Minah’s hand, “Aren’t you suppose to be at work?”

“We’re on a two hour break so I decided that I’ll come see you.” She puts her hand around his neck. DongHyun takes her hands off.

“Well I think it is time for you to rest before leaving.” He walks out of the room

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to go see my appa at the company.” He walks into the kitchen, “Hey Julia.”

“Yes young master?”

“When DongWon wakes up cook something for him to eat. I’m going to see appa for a bit, I’ll go come back as soon as I can.”

 

Somewhere in Ilsan

“Umma.” A little four year old runs to her mom; she had long dark brown hair, big brown orbs, and nice pale skin.

“EunMi, what are you doing here?” BaoMing wearing a formal dress suit, “Umma is working.”

“Ajumma brought me here.” BaoMing looks up and sees Yoona her coworker and roommate, “She said that if I be good I could come and see you at work.” BaoMing looks back at Yoona.

“Okay, just for a little bit okay. Umma has to work.” She picks up EunMi

EunMi looks around the building, “Umma what do you do here?”

“Umma and these nice guys over here, “she points to some men behind her, “protect the guy who is in charge here.”

“So you are like a police?”

“Yeap, umma is like a police.” BaoMing smile at how smart her daughter was. BaoMing looks at the time and puts EunMi down, “Okay umma has to go back to work so you have to stay with Yoona ajumma okay.”

“Yes umma.”

“Umma promise she’ll make some rice porridge later when I get home.” A smile appear on EunMi’s face

“Remember no onion.”

BaoMing smiles, “No onions. No go to Yoona ajumma.” EunMi runs and holds Yoona’s hand and wave back at her mom. BaoMing waves back as she watches her daughter leave through those doors.

She walks back to the benches where about 6 other guys were waiting for her. “Okay men, let get a move on it. Mr. Im and Mr. Kim are going to be leaving in 10 minutes, let get a move on.” She walks towards the elevator and took it to the 10th floor.  Her team waits at the CEO’s door.

“Good Morning BaoMing.” Said a tall man, with a sharp jaw line.

“Morning DongWook.” She replies

Lee DongWook was Mr. Im’s head of security before BaoMing came to work with him 3 years ago. They are both in a ‘friendly’ competition to see who can best the other.

The door opens revealing a man in his late 40s and a guy in his late 20s, Kim Taecyeon, or fiancé to be.

“Good Morning Mr. Im and Mr. Kim.” Everyone bows.

“Ming!” says Mr. Im.  BaoMing walks up to Mr. Im with her head down.

“Yes Mr. Im?”

“Where is Yoona?”

“She just left with EunMi sir.” He nods

“Tell Yoona to come” by the house later with EunMi.” He begins to walk, “We need to talk about the engagement party plans later.”

“Yes sir.”

 

Flashback

Yoona was saved by BaoMing 4 years ago while walking home from the store. She was being followed by two guys and started to run when she ran into BaoMing at a gas station.

“Please you have to help me.” She says

“What wrong?” BaoMing looks at her, “Are you okay?”

“I’m being followed.” BaoMing looks behind Yoona and saw two figure walking towards her.

“You get in the car and lock the door. Don’t come out until it is safe.” BaoMing opens the driver seat door and Yoona gets in.

BaoMing could see them more clearly. There was a really tall skin guy and the other was average hit with some meat on his bones.

“Hey, hey, hey, look what we have here.” Said the tall guy, “Looks like we hit two bird with one stone.” The other guy starts to laugh.

“Why don’t you two leave, before I hurt you two.” BaoMing threats them

“Oh ho ho, we got a fighter ehy?” the short guys comment, “We’ll see what you’re made of.”  He walks towards BaoMing and brushes her hair over her ear.

BaoMing grabs his wrist and twists it, punches him in the face and push kick him in the stomach making him fall on his . It was so fast the other guy didn’t know what he just saw.

“Do I have to show you too?” she looks at the taller guy.

The taller guy runs and tries to punch her but misses her by a mile and hit the car instead. BoaMing grabs him by the back of his collar and punches him in his stomach, making him gasp for air. She punches his face twice before she felt somebody pulling her hair. She felt a punch land on her face and she falls on to her .

“You’re not so tough are you?” the guy short guy walk towards her, but it was so quick that he didn’t see it coming. She does a high kick to his face knocking him out on the concrete. The taller guy puts BaoMing in a head lock trying to knock her out. She couldn’t undo his hold and she was starting to see black when she heard sirens and felt her body drop to the floor.

When she woke up she was in the hospital with the same girl she protected by her side. She wasn’t the only one there, there was another guy standing by her.

“You’re up.” Said the Yoona.

BaoMing tried to sit up but she felt sore all over.

“Don’t move so much, it isn’t good for you two.”  Yoona said

“How did you -.”

“The doctors told me.” Yoona pauses, “I was quite surprise too. You don’t look like you’re in your 2nd trimester.”

“I’m sorry but who are you?”

“Oh, I am Im Yoona.” She points to the guy behind her, “and this is Kim Taecyeon my friend.

“Thanks for saving my friend back there.” He looks at her weird, “Although I wonder how you were able to do all of that and not harm your child.”

“I took self defense and martial arts.”

“Really.” Yoona was surprises, “That explains -.”

The door open with a loud bang and walks in a guy in his mid 40s.

“Where is Yoona? Where is my daughter?”

“Appa I’m fine.” He looks and saw Yoona.

“I thought.” He holds her arms, “Taecyeon said that you-.”

“Not me appa, I’m fine. The one who is being hospitalized is…” she turns and looks at Baoming, “I believe I never got your name?”

“Han BaoMing.” She answers.

“Like I was saying, BaoMing ssi saved my life from those two men.” Yoona’s father walks up next to her and looks at BaoMing.

“Han BaoMing, how am I to ever repay you?”

“No need sir.  After I recover I’ll be on my way.”

“To where if I may ask?” Mr. Im asks

“I don’t know, to wherever the road may take me.”

“All by yourself?” Yoona asks, “That isn’t safe. What about your baby? Where is its father?”

“She doesn’t have one.” Everyone stood in silence. Yoona hold on to her father’s arm.

“Appa we can’t just let her leave like this. You have to do something.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“Give her a job or something.”

“That won’t be nessecary. I don’t want to be a bother to you guys.”

“No, BaoMing you aren’t a bother to us.” Yoona sits down and holds BaoMing’s hand, “I want you to come and live with me in my apartment. And I won’t take no for an answer.”

BaoMing looks at Taecyeon for an answer

“If I were you I’ll just say yes.”

Flashback ends

 

DongHyun walks into his father’s office.

“Good afternoon appa.” He bows. Mr. Kim looks up and goes back to signing document, “I was told you wanted to see me.”

“Sit.” DongHyun goes and sit in the empty chair across from his father. Mr. Kim puts down his pen and leans back his chair, “How is my grandson?”

“He is fine, healthy and active.”

“Good.” Mr. Kim looks at DongHyun for a bit, “Do you know why I told you to come here today?”

“No appa.” Mr. Kim stands up

“You remember Mr. Im?”

“Yes, Yoona’s appa from Ilsan.”

“Good. Mr. Im has invited us to Yoona and Taecyeon’s engagement party this weekend.”

“Is that all?”

“No, I want you to bring someone along with you, that model friend of yours seems nice.”

“Yes appa.”