Jeju 1

Life Goes On With or Without us

*= thought/ talk to self

 “Andwe.” When she got to the room she saw the paramedics helping DongHyun get onto the stretcher. He had a small flesh wound on his face, no major injury but he face said otherwise. He was in pain but BaoMing couldn’t tell where exactly. Minah was by his side crying as if he was going to die. Boyfriend were all hovering over their hyung with worried faces.

“I’m going to be fine.” He holds Minah’s hand and caresses her face, “Stop crying your makeup will run.” Minah nods her head was still crying. DongHyun gave his friends a reassuring nod that her was going to be fine. BaoMing stood in the doorway wondering when he would notice her. Her grip on DongWon’s hand got tighter. DongHyun notice BaoMing and quickly let’s go of Minah’s hand. “BaoMing.” She walks over to him

“Are you hurt anywhere?” she asks him, “Any major injury?” Minah pushes her away touching her injury shoulder making BaoMing wince in pain. YooChun helps support BaoMing.

“Are you okay?” YooChun ask her, she nods in response and held on to her arm.

“Ajumma.” DongWon look at her, she gave him a smile.

“You have no right to talk to him you’re the reason he is like this.” Minah was angry, “No wonder you lost your child you couldn’t even protect him correctly.”

“Minah!” DongHyun yells; Minah looks at him.

“Oppa~” she was surprise, “B-but she-.”

“You have no right to say that to her.”

“But weren’t you the one that said you wanted her to abort the child because you didn’t like her.” Minah whine, “You said that you love me and wanted me that why I came back to visit you and this is how you treat me.”

“Minah I didn’t mean that.”

“Then what did you mean, huh?” she sniff, “Don’t tell me that you actual like her oppa.” DongHyun looks at BaoMing who looks like she was about to explode.

“What are you talking about? You know I love and BaoMing was something my parents set up to protect me. There are no feelings there.”

“Then why don’t you just divorce her.”

“Because she is leaving after she finishes her job as my protector.”

“Stop!” BaoMing yells, “Mine – our private matters are not to be put out in public. If you are going to argue with your girlfriend can you wait until you guys to the hospital?” she looks at everyone and bows, “I’ll be leaving it getting late and DongWon needs to sleep.” She looks at DongHyun, “YooChun and YooHwan will be escorting you the hospital.” She stares at Minah and takes DongWon out of the room. As she walks into the hallway her tears fell like rain. *Stupid DongHyun did you really have to tell everyone that. I hate you.* DongWon looks at her.

“Ajumma…why are you crying?” She quickly wipes her tears.

“Ajumma is just sad. Don’t worry about me.”

“Umma cries when she sad too. But she says that when she thinks about appa she gets a little happy.” BaoMing squat down pats him on the head and smiles

“That because your appa loves your umma. I don’t have anyone.” DongWon gave her a confuse look

“Ajumma has me and all the other hyungs and Lisa noona. A lot of people love you.” He wipes her tears, “So don’t cry ajumma; it’s not good.” BaoMing pulls DongWon into a hug and cries.

“Thank you DongWon.” She smiles. Jeongmin was hiding behind a wall staring at BaoMing.

“Mianhae Ming, I didn’t know my hyung could be so cruel.” He says to himself

 

Back in the room everyone gangs up on DongHyun and Minah.

“DongHyun hyung is that what you guys talked about that one night noona had her miscarriage?” ask Kwangmin, he had a surprise look in his eye. DongHyun avoids looking at anyone. “Answer me.” YooHwan had his hand ball up in a fist.

“Is this how you treat noona?” Youngmin raises his voice, “Noona has been nothing but good to you. She even saved you. If it was Minah she wouldn’t even talk a step. What did she do today huh? Minah ran off while BaoMing noona ran to your side even injuring herself.” DongHyun looks a Youngmin

“DongHyun, you’re an idiot. You never tell a woman that you hate her in her face; especially your wife.”

“She made me twist my ankle, it could have been worse. I might have even broken it and it would have been the end of my career.”

Pow

“Oppa!” Minah hold touches DongHyun’s face. YooChun grabs DongHyun collar,

“You think that your twisted ankle is anything compare to her feelings and what you’ve taken from her.” YooChun was face to face with him, “You took her purity, her life, and even her child away from her and you think you can compare it to your little injury there. She even bleed for your safety.” He scoffs, “Let me tell you something, injuries heal but scars stays forever. So don’t think for a sec that she ever forget those things.” He lets him go, “You may take him now.” The paramedics roll him away.

“Yah, why did you have to hit him?” Minah yells at YooChun

“I suggest you keep away from me before I do something.” YooChun says. Minah runs and follows the paramedics.

“Hyung she isn’t worth it.” YooHwan pulls his hyung away, “Let hurry up and follow them to the hospital.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥

BaoMing was lying in her bed with DongWon next to her asleep. She ran her fingers through his hair and stare at his little face.

“Baby I wish you can grow up to know your brother. He is such a sweet little boy.” She touches her stomach, “Umma can’t wait to see you. I hope I can keep you safe until this is over.”

Flashback

“One of Boyfriend’s concerts in is Taiwan.” BaoMing says

“When?” Jaejoong asks

“Not too longer from now, about a month or so. If they go to Taiwan around the same time he is definitely aiming for DongHyun.”

“We’re going to have to act fast.” Says Lisa, “BaoMing, YooChun and Hwan I need you guys to keep watch over him at their next concert. Look for any suspicious action.”

“Unnie you’re not going?” asks Lisa

“Aniyo, I’m doing more research on Eunhyuk.” Lisa felt a pair of eyes staring at her and when she looks up it was Jaejoong’s. Jaejoong was the only one who had any idea of Lisa’s past.

“What is wrong?” ask BaoMing

“Nothing just…I’ve been thinking too much about things. But Ming I really need you to concentrate on this mission; it might be our biggest case yet. If we take one of them down than we can probably take the others down. Don’t let your emotions come over you, even if it hurts stay strong.” BaoMing looks at Lisa.

“Unnie you’re acting kind of weird. Are you okay?” Lisa tries to straighten her face to make it seem like nothing was wrong.

“Aniyo, nothing is wrong.”

Flashback ends

“Unnie acted kind of weird when she talked about him. I wonder why?”

 

That morning BaoMing got a call from DongHyun’s manager saying that Boyfriend was going to go to Jeju for five days and that he wanted her to go also. He also told her to bring DongWon because he always brightens up everyone’s day. So BaoMing and Julia pack up their clothes. They could hear the front door open. DongWon walks into BaoMing room where she was packing her clothes.

“Ajumma, ajusshi and noona is home.”

“Okay, run along and go play we’re leaving tomorrow.” BaoMing put one of her shirts into her suitcase and walk to the living room where Minah and DongHyun were sitting on the couch together, “I see that you’re back.” DongHyun looks at BaoMing and notice the wrap on her arm.

“Yes.” He gets up and walks on his crutches, “What are you doing?”

“Packing up some clothes.”

“For what?”

“Your manager said that Boyfriend was going to Jeju and that he wanted me and DongWon to come along so that you wouldn’t cause any trouble.”

“So you’re coming along too?” he turns and looks at Minah who was angry

“Ne, is something the matter?” BaoMing crosses her arm, “Or do you not want me to go?”

“Ne.” Minah walks over to the two, “Because if you’re going I am too.” BaoMing scoffs

“I could care less about what you do or say, but remember that me and DongHyun are married and that we did announce it publicly. So if you get caught with him at Jeju it no longer my problem if a scandal pops out.”

“So you’re saying that child that you’ve been hanging with won’t cause a problem either.” Minah looks at DongWon who was standing in the hallway.

“We would probably say he is DongHyun’s adopted son or something. But you two can figure that out because I’m gonna go and finish packing.” She walks and seen that DongWon had a piece of paper in his hand, “What that DongWon shi?”

“I drew a picture for ajusshi so that he could feel better but I’m scared.” BaoMing takes the picture and looks at it. It was a stick figure drawing of the three of them. DongWon was holding both of their hands and there was a house in the background.

“It’s lovely. “ She gives the picture backs to him, “If you don’t want to give it to him now we can give it to him later.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥

DongWon wa jumping up and down as they got into the airport. He was so happy because it was his first airplane ride. BaoMing rolled DongHyun in a wheelchair because he didn’t like the crutches and said they hurt his armpits.

“Ajumma I’m so excited.” Says DongWon who running in front of them.

“DongWon remember you can’t call them ajumma and ajusshi anymore, you have to call them umma and appa.” Minwoo told him, DongWon nods his head, “C’mon before you’re umma and appa catches up to us.” Minwoo grabs DongWon’s hands and jogs forward.

“Donghyun. Are you okay with us acting like this?” asks BaoMing

“Yeah, since we are bringing him along, somebody has to watch him. I also want to see how it feels to be an appa.”

During the plane ride BaoMing fell asleep while the boys were up. DongWon was drawing while DongHyun was reading. DongWon hands DongHyun a picture.

“What is this?” he looks at DongWon, it was a picture of DongWon and DongHyun rolling together in his wheelchair, “Wow, this is really creative. Is this a picture of your appa?”DongWon smile fades. DongHyun thought he said something wrong, “D-did I say something wrong?” DongWon shook his head.

“I don’t know who my appa is.” DongHyun felt guilty, “Umma said that umma left appa before she knew she had me in her tummy.”

“How about this, since I’m going to be your appa this week we’ll do anything you want. I give you everything an appa should. Is that a good idea?” DongWon gave him a smile.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

When they got to the airport in Jeju BaoMing felt like she was in a whole different world. It seemd like DongWon and DongHyun knew each other for years. As soon as they got off the plane DongHyun place DongWon on his lap and rode off.

“Did I miss out on something?” she asks the guys. They all shrug their shoulders, because they also didn’t know what happen between the two.

 

“Let’s go to the beach.” Says Kwangmin once they got to the company’s beach house, funny thing was that there was also an indoor pool and hot tub.

“You guys go ahead, I’ll stay with DongHyun. Take DongWon with you guys.”  BaoMing says

“Ani I want to stay with umma and appa.” He goes and jumos on DongHyun’s lap.

“Go play with the hyung DongWon.”

“Aniyo, I want to stay with appa.”

“BaoMing just let him stay with me.” He looks at DongWon, “We are going to spend father and son time.”

“Alright we’ll leave the family alone and got to the beach.” Youngmin had a huge smile on his face, “C’mon guys.” Everyone leaves to their rooms.

When BaoMing they got to their room they realize there was only one bed. DongHyun and BaoMing looks at each other. They last time they slept together was on their honeymoon and they remember how that went.

“I guess I’ll sleep on the couch tonight.” Says BaoMing,

“Ani, I’ll sleep on the couch. DongWon and you can sleep on the bed.”

“No, your foot isn’t healed yet; sleeping on the couch will just make it worse.” BaoMing set the luggage on the ground.

“U…umma?”

“Ne?”

“What are we going to do today since appa can’t walk?” BaoMing notice how hesitant DongWon was when he said umma but not when he says appa.

“We are going to go out and eat; sightseeing, and then we can go to the gift shop.”

“Can we go fly kites umma? I want to make a cool kite with appa.” He looks at DongHyun with puppy eye at DongHyun.

“Okay we’ll make kites. What kind of kite do you want?” DongWon thought about it

“Umm…a dragon.”

“Okay.” BaoMing putting all the clothes away, “BaoMing…we’ll put those clothes awaywhen we get back. Let go find something to eat.”

“Shouldn’t we wait for Jeonggie and the rest?” DongHyun was caught off guard with what she said.

“Jeonggie?” BaoMing froze for a bit, “Who is Jeonggie? Are you talking about Jeongmin.”

“Yes.” DongHyun seem kind of jealous that they drop formailities, “Why?”

“Nothing…but we can go eat without them.” He rolls himself out of the room along with DongWon.

 

After lunch they headed to the one of the night markets; there was tons of different kind of food and games to play.BaoMing decides to go buy groceries for the beach house. DongWon was excited to see all the different toys and fireworks they had. But what really caught his eyes was a dragon kite set. DongHyun notices that he was staring at the set.

“Did you want that?” he asks DongWon, but his eyes were only focus on the kite, “How much is this?” he ask the owner

“14,000 won.” DongHyun takes out his wallet and hand the owner the money and grabs the kite, “Thank you very much.” DongHyun hands DongWon the kite, DongWon had a huge smile on his face.

“Here you go.” He pats DongWon head, “We’ll go fly it tomorrow with the guys okay. Let’s go find your umma.” He picks up DongWon and rolls down the market.

 

BaoMing was walking around looking for what to cook for dinner. Plus the huge party on the last day for the guys’ tour. She wanted to congrats the guys even though it wasn’t there first tour. She looks at her stomach

“Baby, what should we make for your appa and the ajusshis, huh?” she picks up some rice cakes, “How does spicy rice cake sounds?”

“That sounds great.” BaoMing jumps, she turns to find Jeongmin and Youngmin behind her. She hits Jeongmin on shoulder, “Ow…for a girl you have a strong punch. She scoffs

“Don’t forget that I’m an agent; I was taught to fight.” She goes back to look at the food, “Aren’t you guys supposed to be at the beach.” She starts to put veggies in her basket, “Where are the others?”

“We were but we all got hungry and decided to come to the market and found you here.” says Youngmin.

“While you two are here help me figure what to make, I don’t know what you guys like?”

“What does your work family usually eat?” asks Jeongmin

“We eat spicy food; I don’t think you guys eat that much spice as we do.” Jeongmin and Youngmin look at each other, “Plus I heard too much spice can ruin a singer’s vocals.” She hand the store owner money.

“Noona where is hyung and DongWon?”

“They are around here somewhere. DongWon wanted to buy toys so DongHyun took him. Let’s go find them and head to the house before everyone gets hungry.” They left to go find the others. On the way back to the beach house DongWon fell asleep in DongHyun’s arm. BaoMing was glad that DongWon was actually having fun with his real appa.

“I’m going to get started on dinner.” BaoMing heads to the kitchen with the bags of food. When she got there, there was a piece on paper with a rock on it on the counter. BaoMing picks it up and reads it:

This is a warning. Always be on alert. You never know who or what is will come at you. He is in danger, always be ready and never leave him alone or he’ll become vulnerable.

SJ

BaoMing quickly put the note in her pocket. *Who is SJ?*

“Noona.” Minwoo walks into the kitchen, “Did you need help with anything?”

“Umm…nothing really unless you are helping me cook?”

“Sure.” Minwoo rolls up his sleeves, “What do you need me to do first?”

“Wash all the veggies and we’ll go from there.” She hand him the veggies.

“Noona, you have very long fingers?” he looks at her hand, “Do you plan an instrument?” BaoMing give him the veggies and continues putting stuff out, “Do you play the piano? I know the company has one here, I believe it is in the living room.”

“Minwoo…can we not talk about this and focus on cooking?”Minwoo frowns and washes the veggies in the basin. But Minwoo was quite curious about BaoMing. At first he thought she was just a normal girl who was arranged to marry his hyung, but things got more complicated. All of a sudden she became a secret agent and was on a mission to protect his hyung.

“Noona?” she look at him, “Why did you become a secret agent anyways?” she went back to cutting meat, “There has to be a reason why?” there was a sudden awkward silence.

“I wanted to protect the people I love.” She sighs, “I think you’ve heard that my parents died in an accident right?” Minwoo hearing became as sharp as a bat’s; “They were actually killed.” she puts the knife down and went to was her hands. Minwoo eyes were on her the entire time. “But that is a story for another time.” She took the vegetable that Minwoo finished washing and put it in a strainer.

“Did you know who?” he asks.

“Ani…but I hope someday I’ll find out.” 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

To Be contiued.

I know not very interesting have a hard time trying to get the story right.

Thanks for reading.