Jeju 3

Life Goes On With or Without us

*= thought/ talk to self

DongWon runs back to the kitchen, all clean up and ready to eat.

“BaoMing umma, I brush my teeth wash my face.” He runs next to BaoMing. She looks down at him and gives him a smile.

“Alright then, go and sit at the table breakfast is almost ready.” DongWon runs to the table sit in his seat. He sees DongHyun walking on his crutches to the table and the rest of the guys start to head to the dinning room. DongWon quickly goes and pull out the chair next to him.

“Appa, come sit next to me.” DongHyun smile and limps over.

“Thank you.” He pats DongWon on the head and takes a seat.

“What about me?” whines Minwoo, DongWon looks around, “You can sit next to appa; BaoMing umma is sitting next to me.” Minwoo pouts and sits right next to DongHyun and the rest of Boyfriend takes a seat. BaoMing starts to bring the food on the table.

“Let me help you Ming.” Jeongmin follows BaoMing into the office.

“Appa, why don’t you help BaoMing umma?”

“Your appa can’t walk remember.” Says Youngmin, BaoMing and Jeongmin come out with the rest of the dishes and she goes and sit right next to DongWon.

“Let eat.” BaoMing only grab a little bit of food to put on her plate, she wants to becareful incase her mornig sickness comes back. DongHyun eyes her plate and notice the small amount of food.

“BaoMing why are you eating so little?” ask DongHyun.

“Oh…I was snacking on the food while cooking it so I don’t really want to eat a lot. Plus we have a long day ahead of us today; I shouldn’t fill myself up too much. I might get sick later.” DongWon grabs a piece of kimchi pancake and puts it on her plate.

“My umma said to me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is what fuels you for the rest of the day.” DongHyun pats DongWon’s head

“See even he knows.” DongWon puts a piece of carrot in his mouth

“Appa what are we going to do after breakfast?”

“We’re going to go fly your kite.”

“Can we go back to the market?”

“Umm.” DongHyun looks at BaoMing.

“If everyone agrees…we won’t cook dinner instead we’ll go eat at the night market.” Says BaoMing

“That sounds good to me…I always wanted to try their food around here; one of the staffs said it was really good.” Says Youngmin. Everyone agree to the night market dinner and the on your own lunch. The boys went to the market to look for souvenirs and went sightseeing.

DongHyun , BaoMing and DongWon went to the park to go fly the kite. DongHyun and DongWon went first; BaoMing was packing a picnic basket.

“Appa.”

“Hmm.”

“Has BaoMing umma always acted weird?”

“Waeyo?” DongHyun didn’t know what DongWon was talking about.

“BaoMing umma looks like she is sick.”

“Really?”

“Ne…sometimes in the morning before anybody wakes up she goes to the bathroom and throws up.” DongHyun wonders if BaoMing was really sick. The memory of BaoMing in the bathroom before the concert came back to him.

“It is probably nothing we really need to worry about.” He pats DongWon’s head to reassure him. When they got to the park no one was really there, just a couple of small families.

“Appa can we fly my kite?” DongHyun like his fingers and points it up.

“Not yet the wind hasn’t pick up yet.” He looks at the swings, “How about we go and swing while we wait.” DongWon nods and walk to the swing while DongHyun walks behind him. DongHyun puts his crutches on the ground and helps DongWon onto the swing.

 

 

BaoMing finally finishes making the picnic basket and head towards the park alone. She walks out the beach house; there was a box outside the door.

“Anneyong?” she looks around, there is nobody in sight. She picks up the box and opens it.

Watch out…everything is not as it seems.

SJ

She put the box down quickly and rushes off to the park. When she got there the father and son just got their kite into the sky. She quickly goes and finds a tree nearby and spread a picnic blanket. She gets to sit down and close her eyes.

♫ ring♫

BaoMing pick up her phone.

“Annyeong?”

“Ming.” Says Lisa

“Oh unnie.”

“What are you doing right now?”

“I’m watching this pair of father and son fly a kite.”

“Oh … has there been any thing weird latlely?”

“I’ve been getting notes from someone name ‘SJ’. He keeps warning me about DongHyun’s safety.”

“Ming, that means you have to be on the lookout okay?”

“Ne.” BaoMing felt her eyes droop.

“Ming, you don’t sound like yourself, is everything okay?”

“I’m fine unnie, I‘ve just been tired lately and, cooking for 7 other people isn’t the easiest thing.” She can hear Lisa chuckling from the other line.

“Ming, I know you guys are on vacation but don’t work too much okay.”

“I understand unnie. Oh unnie do you guys think you guys can come here for a day or two?”

“Waeyo?”

“I’m doing a celebration party for the guys on the second last days.”

“We’ll see. I’ll ask your oppas.” Lisa sighs, “Okay I don’t want to bother you guys so I’m going to hang up. Annyeong.”

“Bye unnie.” BaoMing ends the call and looks at DongWon and DongHyun she takes a picture with her phone and puts it away. DongHyun walks on his crutches to BaoMing and sat on the blanket slowly. “Are you hungry?” DongHyun didn’t nod but kept looking at DongWon. BaoMing opens the basket and puts a sandwich next to DongHyun and gets up.”I’m going to go and fly the kite with DongWon.” DongHyun grabs her hand

“Let him fly his own kite. Sit here with me, you’ve been working all day..” BaoMing was shock for a sec, but she realizes that they were supposed to pose as a couple in public. She slowly went back and sat down next to him. They watch as DongWon’s smile grew as his kite went higher.

“DongHyun shi?”

“Hmm?”

“I see that you take a liking to DongWon.” She looks at him but his focus was on DongWon

“I do.” He smiles, “It just something that, I don’t know, connects us.” He sighs, “I’ll tell you one thing I’ll miss him when he goes back.” BaoMing saw how sad he look at the thought of DongWon leaving.

“You really do love kids don’t you?” DongHyun nods, “What if you were to have your own what would name him or her?”

“Umm if it is a boy DongMin, because I want him to be as clever as me.” She laughs, “But if it is a girl EunMi because I want her to be beautiful...” He turns to look at her, their eyes met instead, “like her mother.” They were immersed in each other eyes, DongHyun start to lean in.

“Ahem …I guess that person would be lucky.” BaoMing turns her focus back to DongWon, but DongHyun kept staring at her.

“DongWon told me that you’ve been throwing up early in the morning, are you okay?”

“I’m fine. It nothing to worry about, I got the stomach flu before we got here.” DongHyun places his hand on her forehead and she flinches back.

“You’re not warm; that is the good part about it.” He removes his hand, “if you aren’t feeling better just tell me we’ll go home. We don’t have to go to the market with the guys.”

“I’m fine…you’re the one with the twisted ankle. You should watch out for yourself.” DongHyun stares at BaoMing and wonders if he should take advantage of it.

“Fine then…why don’t you go to the gas station and buys some different dishes. I’m not a big fan of just sandwiches and kimbap.”

“So you want a hot dish?”

“Ne and since I can’t walk that far you can go get it for me.” BaoMing gets up hesitantly and walk to the nearest convenient store to buy hot food. When she came back DongWon and DongHyun was eating.

 

After a day of flying kite, running around in the park, lunch and more sightseeing it was time to meet up with the guys at the night market.

“Let go home first and drop off the picnic basket and the kite.” DongHyun leads the way home. When they got home BaoMing starts to feel a little sick from the lack of rest she has had for the last two days.

“BaoMing umma are you okay?” ask DongWon

“I’m fine; c’mon your appa is waiting outside for us.” She pushes DongWon out the door. DongHyun notice the color change in her face

“BaoMing are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Let just hurry up and go meet up with the guys. It getting late.” She heads out to the road for a taxi. Give her his crutches

“You can hold on to them for me.” He gets into the taxi followed by DongWon. When they got there the guys were waiting outside the market.

“Minwoo ajusshi!” DongWon runs to hug Minwoo.

“DongWon ah.” He twirls him around, “Did you have fun with your appa and umma today.”

“Ne…we flew my kite up so high into the clouds, then BaoMing umma and I went on the swing, then we had lunch and then we went to see the big blue ocean.”

“Jjinja?’

“Mm?” he nods his head

“Wow that sounds like a lot of fun.” DongWon and Minwoo continue chatting about their day.

“Hyung and noona let hurry and go grab some food.” Says Youngmin and heads in with the rest of the guys.

“Ne.” DongHyun starts to walk forward with his crutches but he realizes that BaoMing was falling behind. When he turns to look at her she was very close to being as white as a ghost.

“ Yah, are you okay?” BaoMing looks up and realizes that she was falling back  she jogs up to DongHyun, “You look like you seen a ghost.”

“Palli we need to reach the rest of the guys.” She walk in front of him but get pulled back, “Yah! Let me go.”

“What with the mood swings?” BaoMing was taken back her pregnancy moodswing has final caught up to her.

“Nothing, let just hurry up and go.” She walks into a small outdoor restaurant the guys were already in, “Sorry guy.” She holds the door open for DongHyun.

“It no problem, just hurry up and come order.” Says Hyunseong, “BaoMing ah come sit here next to me.” DongHyun and BaoMing sit right across from each other. After ordering BaoMing felt her head become heavy and her gut wanting to spill everything, though there was nothing to spill. DongHyun’s eyes were on her the entire time.

“Excuse me for a sec.” she goes outside of the restaurant

“Hyung is there something wrong with BaoMing?” asks Hyunseong

“I don’t know she won’t tell me.” He kept his eye on enterance. After a while of waiting  BaoMing came out of the bathroom. Jeongmin got up and walk over to her.

“Ming are you okay?”

“Ne, just a little light headed, I should be fine.” DongHyun walk over with his crutches

“Hey are you okay?”

“I’m fine…let go back to our seats.” As BaoMing walks to the table she felt her knee give out.

“BaoMing!” DongHyun drops his crutches and catches her.

“Hyung!”Jeongmin was surprise to see his hyung walking around without the crutches.

“I’m fine.” He picks BaoMing up bridal style, “I’m going to head back with her, take DongWon back with you guys.” He walks out the restaurant and takes a taxi back to the beach house. As soon as they got there, BaoMing opens the car door and walks slowly to the house. DongHyun pays the fee and rushes out after her. He walks besides her ready to catch her if she falls.  “Are you mad at me?” She ignores him, “BaoMing…BaoMing.” She stops and rushes to the side and throws up, “BaoMing.” He goes and pats her back. “After throwing up she just walks away into the house. DongHyun follows her in. “Yah, Kim BaoMing!” she stops, “What is wrong with you?” she turns and looks at him.

“What wrong with me?” She yells

“Ne…What is the matter with you?”DongHyun replied.  BaoMing scoffs,

 “How about you? Tell me when did your foot heel?” he gave her a blank stare, “You had fun teasing me didn’t you?”

“A-ani.”

“Just because I don’t compare to others doesn’t mean I’m not human.  And yes I haven’t been feeling well because I’m worried about how you’re feeling and the others. Does that make me wrong?” she sighs, “It worries me already enough that you’re in danger but that doesn’t mean I have to put other in danger too.”

“You don’t have to.”

“I don’t want to! My life is already in jeopardy because of you I don’t want anybody else to go through it.”

“Then why don’t you just quit the mission!” he walks up to her

“I can’t!”

“Can’t? Or don’t want to?” The stare each other in the eye,

“I just can’t?”

“Waeyo?” DongHyun was getting annoyed by BaoMing

“It is nothing important…nothing that we need to be discuss.”

“My parents paid you didn’t they? That is why you are trying so hard. Or is it because you and Jeongmin have something going on.” BaoMing was offended, “Ne…I’ve been watching you two, you guys have some kind of secret relationship together. Is that why you refuse to leave, so that you can be closer with each other? How much did he pay you?”

“Don’t compare me to your past wife or girlfriends; I did this to protect people so don’t ever think that money can buy me.”

“Oh you mean for your services.” DongHyun smirks, “I guess I should pay you too; I never got the chance to pay you…maybe I should pay you extra for the fact that I was your first.”

SLAP!

“You think this is a game don’t you? So you can do whatever you want and say whatever you want to others because you’re a stupid idol.” Her tears came down her face, “Ne, me and Jeongmin have a different relationship then you because he actually tried to get to know me, you on the other hand assume everything about everyone. You should try it sometimes.” She sighs, “Now if you’ll excuse me I need to wash up and rest, so that you don’t have to spend your precious time-” DongHyun grabs BaoMing and kisses her on the lip. BaoMing was surprise at the quick movement he had and didn’t know what to do.

POW!

“Ahh.” DongHyun place hand on his cheek, “Did you just punch me?”

“Maybe it’ll teach you a lesson on putting your hands on women when they don’t want you to touch them. Remember the reason why I didn’t lay my hands on you was because I was pregnant, don’t make me make you handicap.” She walks to the bedroom.

 

DongHyun Pov

I watch as she walks away to her room slowly, for a person who wasn’t feeling well she had quite a punch.

“Ahh…that hurted.” I went and shut the front door and walk into the kitchen and grab a bag of frozen peas, “Babo, I was only trying to help her, in the end I got punch.” I put the peas on my face. “Ahh”

“A slap and a punch not even within a half hour you’ve made a new record.” I recognize the voice it was Minah. When I turn she was leaning on the kitchen door frame.

“Minah, when did you get here?”

“I’ve been here since this morning.” She walks over to me, “I see you enjoy that little kissing session with her. She gave you a pretty good pay back for it too.”

“I wasn’t thinking…it just happened. Why are you still here aren’t you supposed to be back in London?” She gave me a sly smile

“Oppa, I don’t have to go back until the end of this week. So I asked you manager and came here. But when I got here I notice that none of you guys were here so I just stayed here and waited. I guess it a good thing I’m here anyways, so I can help BaoMing.” She removes the peas and kisses my cheek, “Maybe even more.” I didn’t know what to say or do. I have a girl here with me that I think I love and she loves me, but I have another girl in the other room who my feelings are somewhat confused about and I have no idea about her’s.

“Minah, where are you going to stay?”

“Here of course.” She smiles at me

“But there is nowhere for you to sleep.”

“I can sleep with you.”

“BaoMing and DongWon are sleeping with me.” She gave me a shocking expression. I heard a door open and close.

“DongHyun shi use this on your-.” BaoMing had a rub in her hand she stop at the sight of me and Minah in the kitchen together, “Annyeong.” She bows, “When did she get here?” BaoMing asked me

“I’ve been here all day.” Minah replies with no hesitation, “I see that you’re doing well.”

“Yes and thank you.” I felt a bad aura surrounding the place; BaoMing walks over to me and puts the rub in the counter, “You can have her help you.”

“Oh BaoMing ah, I was wondering if I could sleep with oppa tonight.” BaoMing looks at me

 “Minah she isn’t feeling well.”

“Ani, I’m quite alright.”  She looks at Minah, “But if you want to sleep with your oppa I suggest you ask him.” Minah looks directly at me.

“So what do you say oppa?” Minah had a smile on her face. I didn’t know what to say,why do women have to make everything so hard.

“How about this, since she isn’t feeling well she can stay here and I’ll rent a hotel for you.” Minah’s face slowly fades

“Waeyo?”

“I just told you and plus DongWon won’t stay here if she doesn’t stay and I don’t want him to go with her because it isn’t safe.”

“What about me, you don’t want me to be safe?”

“A-ani it just-.”

“It is fine I’ll go stay at the hotel.” BaoMing says, “You can sleep here.” She goes to the room.

“BaoMing.” I follow her to the room. She already pulled out her suitcase and ped it, “BaoMing you don’t have to go.” BaoMing went to the draws and starts to pack her clothes.

“It is fine.” She replies not looking at me, “I guess it better for you two to spend time together anyways before she leaves for another 4 months.” She goes back to the draw and grabs more clothes.

“Just stay here I’ll tell Minah to go. You’re not feeling well either.” I walk up to her, all she did was keep packing her clothes, “Plus what am I supposed to tell DongWon when her gets back.”

“You can lie to him like you did with me.” She place a shirt in her suitcase and reach for the zipper; I grab her wrist, “Bwoh?” she finally looks at me

“You can’t leave; if you leave I don’t know what to do with DongWon.” She smirks at me, “Why are you smiling at me?”

“I want to remember the face of the man who was so daring earlier become no more than a coward.” I release her hand, “Why don’t you just go and have your little friend rub the medicine on your cheek.” She zips up her suitcase and puts it on the floor, “I’m pretty sure she’ll do more than just that.” She gave me a look, because I knew exactly what she was talking about. She rolls her suitcase away. I follow her out the room.

“BaoMing come back here we’re not done talking yet.” When I got out to the dining table the guys were already back; with a sleeping DongWon in Hyunseong’s arms. Minah was standing by the stove away from everyone else.

“Noona, where are you going? And what is she doing here?” asked Youngmin

“I’m going to go and stay at the hotel by the beach.”

“Waeyo, you aren’t feeling well, you need to rest.”

“It no problem, I’ll see you guys in the morning.” She rolls her suit case towards the door, but Jeongmin grabs her hand making her stop. I felt angry at the site of the two.

“Ming, just stay here.” Says Jeongmin

“Minah needs a place to stay and it isn’t right if we just send her off.”

“It not right if we send you off.” I see BaoMing struggle for Jeongmin to let her go.

“Jeongmin, I don’t want to hurt you so please let go of me before I have to do it by force.” Jeongmin lets her go.

“Noona I’ll call a taxi for you.”  Minwoo pulls out his cell

“There will be no need for that.” Says Minah, “I have a driver outside he’ll take you to the hotel.”

“Thank you Minah.” BaoMing stops at the door, “Please remember to apply the rub on or you’ll bruise before the tour.” Just like that she left my sight. Everyone else’s focus was on me.

BaoMing Pov

I rolled my suitcase behind me up to the beaches driveway to look for Minah’s car to find out there was no car.

“That little .” I began to walk in the direction of the hotel, “So much for a car.” There was nothing but silence, it gave me time to think and calm down. The more time I had to think the more everything that just happen ran through my mind. All of a sudden my stomach started to hurt like a cramp. “Omo omo.” I squat down, “Please don’t hurt umma right now umma cant take.” I whisper. I heard footsteps running towards me.

DongHyun Pov

“Hyung you’re just going to let her go like that?” says Kwangmin

“She won’t listen to me. She insists Minah stays here.” *But BaoMing is sick what if something happens to her, no one will know.*  I went and grab my wallet.

“Oppa where are you going?”

“Hyunseong watch after the others; I’m going to go after BaoMing, she isn’t feeling well so it better if someone is with her. Minwoo have DongWon sleep with you. Minah you can sleep in our room.”

“Oppa.” I walk out the door before she said anything else. All I knew was the fact that if I knew BaoMing was safe I will stop worrying. When I got to the driveway no one was there so I ran to the direction of the hotel, not far away was a figure that looked like BaoMing rolling a suitcase behind her. So I ran and confirmed that it was her. I was relieved to find her.

“Omo omo.” I heard her. I turned my head to see her squatting down and talking to herself. I ran as fast as I could to her side. She looked like she was in a lot of pain.

“BaoMing?” she raises her head and looks at me; she was almost in tears, “Are you okay?”

“DongHyun shi aren’t you supposed to be with Minah?” I walk over to help her up she was wincing in pain.

“How am I supposed to be with her if you are like this?” She was breathing hard, “I knew something like this would happen. Where does it hurt?”

“I’m just having stomach cramps.” I look around to find somewhere to sit. I put her hand over my shoulder I wrap my arm around her waist and my other hand grab the handle on the suitcase, “Let find somewhere to sit for a while.”

Not too far from the spot was a bench. We walk over slowly making sure she was alright. I help her sit down on the bench.

“Are you okay?” I bend down in front of her, she looks closely at me and pokes my cheek, “Ahh, it still hurts.”

“Why did you follow me?” she said quietly, “Minah is going to be upset about this.”

“I wanted to make sure you were safe. It a good thing I came too. I also had a feeling she was lying about the car.”

“How did you know?”

“She never lets anyone borrows anything, unless she really doesn’t have it.” I got up and sat next to her, “Mianhae I didn’t know she was going to appear.”

“I had a feeling she was going to appear after you came home that day.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I already had a room book for me and everything. I actually expected her to come yesterday but I guessed wrong.”  I was surprise at her action she was really ready for anything, “If you’re here what about DongWon?”

“I left him with Minwoo, he should be fine. If anything happens Minwoo will call me on my cell.”  My eyes began to wonder, “BaoMing, does this place look familiar.” She begins to look around too.

“This is the place where we went walking on our honeymoon, but we never finish it because you had an important call and decided to leave me. So I walked by myself.” She smiles, “Even though it was lonely I had fun looking at the scenery.”

“What is your relationship with YooHwan.”

“When I first came to Korea Hwan was the only person I could communicate with because he knew Chinese. Even though I was uncomfortable I had no choice but to talk to him or he’ll come after me and keep talking until I answered him. He help me with my Korean and eventually I started to understand.”

“Do you like YooHwan?” She looks at me

“Ani…he like a brother to me, a brother I cherish more than anything.”

“I believe the way he thinks about you is different.”

“I know.” She lowers her head.

“You know?” I was surprise

“He confessed to me before the mission but I rejected him, because I didn’t want to break the relationship we already had.”

“What about Jeongmin?”

“Jeongmin…” she thought about it, “is a good person. Someone I can rely on when I need someone. Even when I don’t need help he offers a helping hand.”

“What about me?” 

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Thanks for Reading I'll be sure to update soon