Help

Life Goes On With or Without us

 

BaoMing walks into the club, and looks around. DongHyun was sitting in a booth in the corner by himself. He had a goofy smile on. BaoMing walks toward him.

“Ming.” He stands up and drags BaoMing to sit with him, “I thought you weren’t coming.” He starts to pour shots for BaoMing. BaoMing could smell the alcohol on him.

“How long have you been here?” DongHyun gives her a smile

“Since I called you.” He hands her a shot, “Cheers” he gulps it down. BaoMing puts the glass down. “You know Ming; I’m a very bad person. No actually a very unlucky person. First Sunny dies in a car accident with my unborn child, Jessica dies from cancer leaving me with DongWon, who hates me, and then there is you.” He inches closer to BaoMing, he has his arm over her shoulder push her closer to him, “The person who I hurt the most.” He gave her a sad smile, “Then our daughter EunMi, who hates me because I made her mother cry.” He chuckles, “I was born unlucky.” He gulps down her glass

“DongHyun c’mon let’s get you home.” She gets up and pulls him up. He removes her hand

“I can walk myself.” DongHyun tilt from side to side. BaoMing walking right behind him making sure he didn’t tip. Then she felt somebody hold onto her wrist.

“Where are you going pretty lady?” It was a guy that look like he was in his early 20s, “Come dance with me.”

“Let go of me.” BaoMing could see the guy’s friend gathering behind him. DongHyun turns back and see a guy holding her wrist he could see her struggling.

“No, no, no darling.” The young man pulls her closer to him, “Not until we dance.” BaoMing smiles and scoffs

“If you know what is best for you I suggest you let go of me.” She inch closer to his face. He chuckles

“Or what?”

“How about I let you figure out that one for yourself.” She takes a step back, “I give you three seconds, if you don’t let go of my arm I won’t be sorry.”

“Try me.” DongHyun grabs hold of the guy’s wrist.

“Let her go.” DongHyun commands.

“So this is what was going to happen?”

“No, this is.” BaoMing hooks the guy in the face, knees him in the private, making him let her go, and then she round house his face making him fall to his friend. “I warned you.” She turns her back, “Let’s go.” She pats DongHyun’s shoulder.

He was about to follow her when he saw somebody coming from the side with a chair ready to swing at BaoMing.

“Ming!” he runs and hugs her from behind.

BANG

BaoMing’s eyes widen, and screams and gasps could be heard from all over the room.

“DongHyun?” he slowly separates himself from her.

“Ming, are you okay?” He slowly asks her. She looks pass him and saw the guy holding the chair standing right behind him. She made DongHyun lay on railing and she left to beat up the guys. It wasn’t long before security stop the fight. They were all surprise to see a small petite woman beating the crap out of the three guys.

She finally goes back to DongHyun.“Let me take you home.” She put his arm over her shoulder and walks him to her car.

 

BaoMing pulls up in DongHyun’s driveway. Rocky ran out to help BoaMing carry DongHyun.

“What happened to DongHyun?” He asks

“Bar fight.” Rocky saw BaoMing’s busted lips and red face. “Help me carry him to his room.” Rocky and BaoMing carries the unconscious DongHyun to his room. BaoMing and Rocky slow set him on his bed.

“Can I get you anything?” Julia came into the room

“Umm…” she looks at DongHyun, “Some ointment, a bowl of water, a wash cloth, and headache medicine; he is going to have a hangover tomorrow.” Julia left the room. “Rocky can you go and get DongHyun’s car from the bar?”

“Yes ma’am.” Rocky leaves the room, BaoMing goes into the closet and grab a t shirt and sweat pants. She sets it on the bed and walks over to DongHyun.

“Babo, why did you have to block? You know yourself that you aren’t strong enough.” She starts to his shirt and takes it off. Not too long after Julia came in the room with all the things BaoMing needed. “You can turn in for the night.”

“Ming, what about your face?”

“I’ll be fine.” She smiles at Julia, “You just go and get some rest.” Julia leaves the room. BaoMing took the wet cloth and wipes DongHyun down. She turns him onto his side and applies the ointment, he groans a little.

“Don’t leave me.” He mumbles. BaoMing stops “Don’t leave me again.” She quickly applies the rest and put his clothes on. She wipes his face with the cloth then leaves.

Julia was sitting in the dining room waiting for BaoMing.

“Ming, are you leaving?”

“Yes, but I’ll be back tomorrow.” She pours the water in the sink, “Why are you still up? I thought I told you to sleep.”

“I tried but I just couldn’t.”

“Why?” Julia sighs

“Ming, you’ve been in love right?”

“Why do you ask?” BaoMing see Julia blushing, “Do you like somebody?”

“No, no, I was just wondering.”

“Julia I’m not going to force you to say anything, but I will say this: if you know he doesn’t love you don’t tell him that you love him. If you guys have the same feelings for each other than I wish you all the best.” BaoMing washes the bowl and puts it on the rack. Lisa sat her living room waiting for BaoMing. BaoMing opens the door.

 

“Oh you’re finally back. Do you know how late it is?” Lisa stood up but paused when she saw BaoMing’s face, “What happened to your face?” BaoMing takes her jacket off and hangs it up.

“Bar fight.”

“You?” BaoMing gave her a guilty look, “Ming, what were you doing in a bar in the first place?”

“DongHyun was at the bar drunk.” BaoMing sighs, “I was worried so I went to see him. When we were about to leave this guy grabs me and let just say they looks worse than me.”

“Han BaoMing, you are a mother and agent you can just go around fighting people now.”

“I know unnie.”

“C’mon to the kitchen, I’m gonna apply some ointment onto those wounds.”

 

Somewhere in the club that they just came from.

“Sorry boss. We tried our best to get him.” Says the young man from earlier, “We didn’t expect his wife to be here.”

“His wife?” says the boss, “I thought she left him after that Jessica died. I guess things aren’t what they seem.” The man gets up, “Keep your eyes on them, they might already know what we’re looking for.”

“Yes sir.”

 

DongHyun POV

I woke up with a banging headache and that wasn’t the worst part my back felt like I was beat twenty times. On my night stand there was a bottle of water and medicine and a sticky note.

How is your hangover? Eat your medicine and clean up a little. I’ll see you later.

-Han BaoMing

“Han BaoMing? When-.” Everything was a blurr, I didn’t remember her being here. I sat up on my bed and took my medicine. Some memories came back. I remember calling BaoMing and seeing her come then me getting hit by the chair. I look down and notice my clothes was changed. Just then my door opens.

“Oh you’re up sir.”

“Julia, who took me home last night?”

“BaoMing did sir.”

“Who changes my clothes?”

“BaoMing did sir.”

“Did she leave?”

“Yes sir.”

“Was she okay?” Julia didn’t answer, “Julia I asked you a question?”

“She had a busted lip and a couple of bruises but nothing serious.” I didn’t even change; I grab my coat and keys and walked out the door and drove off.

 

BaoMing Pov

I just drop DongWon at school. My face hurt badly; when I looked in the mirror I could see that it was starting to bruise a little. I boiled an egg and started to rub it on my face.

“Are you alright Ming?” ask Lisa

“Four years really does take its toll.” I groan, “My face hasn’t felt like this for the longest.”

“Umma are you okay?” EunMi was coloring at the kitchen table

“Umma is okay honey. Umma just wasn’t careful and got hurt but I’m fine.” I squat down to her level and smiled at her, “Just keep coloring.”

“So you are sure about your decision?”

“Yes, unnie. The only way to protect him is having him close by and I just can’t keep driving back and forth 20 minutes to make sure he is alright.” Lisa gave me a weird look, “What I’m trying to say is it is safer for me to be next to him.”

“Okay.” Lisa gave me the ‘I know what is going on look’.

Tok tok tok

I put the egg in a bowl and open the door. DongHyun was the standing in front of me breathless.

“DongHyun.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” I took a look at my watch, “Aren’t you supposed to be at work right now?”

“I was too worried about you that I forgot about it.” I look at him and notice he was still wearing the same clothes I put him in.

“You didn’t change did you?”

“No.”

“DongHyun you need to go home and get ready for work. EunMi and I will meet you at work with DongWon and we’ll go out to lunch.” I sigh

“Really?” he looked happy, “I thought you weren’t coming until Wednesday?”

“I decided that it was best to protect you sooner than later.”

“I’ll help you guys pack.”

“What about work?”

“I’m the CEO’s son.” He chuckles, “I can tell my own father that I’m taking the day off to help his favorite daughter in law move back to my house.” DongHyun walks into the house.

 

 

 

PLEASE TAKE THIS POLL! IT WILL BE UP FOR A WEEK. IF I DONT GET MORE THAN 10 VOTES I WILL NOT BE PUTTINGUP T