Forgotten

Life Goes On With or Without us

Boyfriend was on their way home. Minah had her head on DongHyun’s shoulder. DongHyun paid no attention to anyone except his watch. He kept playing with the watch.

“Hyung,” said Minwoo, “Is that the watch noona bought you?” DongHyun nods. “Noona has great taste.” DongHyun can only smile.

The car comes to a sudden stop making everyone hit their heads.

“Ahh.” Groans everyone. DongHyun puts his hand to his forehead.

“Why did you stop suddenly?” yells DongHyun.

The driver bow and apologizes, just then an ambulance zooms by their van and heads towards the park.

“Omo!” yells Minwoo, Everyone stares at him, “Hyung your watch.” He point at DongHyun wrist watch. DongHyun looks down at his wrist. The watch was crack and the time had stop ticking, “What does this mean?”

----

BaoMing was unconscious and she had blood trickling down from the side of her face. Lisa and Jaejoong help roll her towards the emergency room, they stay outside waiting to see what happened.

Lisa sit down on the chair, Jaejoong sits next to her and pulls her into a back hug.

“Lisa,” she looks at him, “She is going to be fine.” Lisa lean into his hug.

“I know.” Lisa sighs, “It is just she suffered too much. To the point where I know she is no longer able to hold on.”

“Ming is a strong girl and we both know that. We can only pray that she is okay?”

----

DongHyun POV

I woke up to an empty house no one was home, it was already around noon. The kids were at my parents’ house, Julia and Rocky went on vacation. BaoMing was probably at Lisa’s house again tonight. I went to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee and sat on the couch. I the TV and watch the news channel. I flipping through the channels until I heard my name.

“Kpop Idol, Kim DongHyun’s wife is being hospitalized in XXXXXX hospital. She was admitted last night after her husband’s debut concert in XXXXX Park. According to sources she was being bombarded by the paparazzi and injured her head. There hasn’t been an update on her current condition, and DongHyun is nowhere to be seen.” Said the female new anchor

 “But that isn’t all,” said the male anchor, “What has left people asking question is, who is Kim DongHyun’s real wife? Last night on stage they wanted to give a special thanks to DongHyun’s wife but it wasn’t who everyone expected it to be. Is it the current model, Song Min Ah, that he is having a scandal with or is it his security Han Bao Ming who known as his wife?”

I turned off the TV and ran upstairs as quick as I could. I put on a t-shirt and grabbed my sunglasses and ran out the door.

 

When I got to the hospital it was crowded with reporters, fans and anti- fans. I ran quickly into the building. When I got to her room I heard a lot of talking from outside the door. I opened it slowly and saw her team gather around her. She had a bandage wrapped around her head, but she was smiling like nothing was wrong. That smile faded when she saw me.

“Ming.” I walked up to her and hugged her, “I’m so glad you’re okay.” She started to shove me off. She pushes me aside and gets off her bed. YooHwan holds her so she wouldn’t tip over.

“What is wrong Ming?” ask Jae hyung. She kept staring at me as if she was confused.

“Who are you?” she asked me, “”How do you know me?” I was shocked. Everyone turns and looks at me.

The first thing that ran through my mind was that she was playing a game with me but her look was too real. I went and grab her arm and pulled her to look at me.

“Stop playing around Ming it isn’t funny.” She was struggling under my hold. I regretted not letting her go because the next thing I knew was a punch flying towards my face making me land on my . YooHwan held onto her arms making sure she wouldn’t escape.

“Ming.” Said Lisa as she helped me up.

“Unnie get him out of here. I don’t know who he is.” Lisa looked at me and we walked out.

 

Lisa gave me a pack of ice for my cheek.

“Thanks.” I slowly put it on my cheek. Lisa sat down next to me, “what is wrong with her?’ Lisa looked away from me. “Noona, she was fine yesterday and now all of a sudden she acts like she can’t remember me. What happened to her yesterday night, noona?” Lisa lows at the ground and then slowly raises her head up.

“Yesterday.” She sighs, “After you guys left the paparazzi came after her. They cornered her, making her walk towards the stage. Jae and I tried our best to break the crowd but there were too many of them. She trip over some wire making her hit her head on some stage equipment. I ran to her as soon as she fell, but she was unconscious already. We took her here, the doctor said everything was fine. But we knew something was off about her.”

“What?”

“This morning when she woke EunMi came to visit her along with your parents and DongWon.” Lisa’s voice broke, and I knew what she was going to say, “She didn’t even recognize her own daughter. EunMi looked so broken and DongWon was so hurt. But what we found strange was that she remembers all of us. So we ask the doctors do a checkup and we found out that she has selective amnesia.”

“What is selective amnesia?”

“Selective amnesia, is when the person forget about a certain thing or person due to injury.” Lisa looks at him, “In this case she has forgotten anything that has you tied into it. That why she can’t remember you or anyone relating to you.”

“Why me?”

“I don’t really know, but when I looked it up they say that with selective amnesia the patient chooses what he or she wants to forget. In her case it is you.”

 

Author POV

DongHyun walks down the hall slowly with the icepack still in his hand. Everything went through his head. The memories of her smiling at him, the first time he held her hand, the first time he notice her beauty, the time he made her cry, and the times when he hurt her bad. He sat down on the bench.

He remembers what Lisa just said to him.

“I don’t really know, but when I looked it up they say that with selective amnesia the patient chooses what he or she wants to forget. In her case it is you.” Lisa looks at him, “Maybe there is a reason why it was you.”DongHyun looks at Lisa. “Let her start over DongHyun.” DongHyun was speechless, “Let her go and let her start over with somebody new. You and I both know well that with you she has suffered so much. It her best chance to start over. You also still have Minah to worry about.”

He takes a deep breath and close his eyes.

“Maybe I really should let you go. But is it the best choice?”

 

BaoMing was looking out the window, everyone had left. She hears her door open; she turns around and DongHyun walks through the door.

“Hi.” He said

“Hi.” BaoMing replies, “Sorry about earlier.” She goes and sit on her bed.

“No, it was my fault I should have been more careful. Especially with your condition.” He sat on the chair next to her bed.

“Yes, YooHwan told me I have selective amnesia. He said I forgotten all about you and anyone that was tied to you.” Her forehead scrunched up, “Earlier this morning a little girl came in along with her older brother and I think it was their grandparents who came in. When the little girl saw me she called me,” She pauses, “She called me umma. But I told her that I wasn’t her umma, she must have mistaken me for someone else. Then little boy called me BaoMing umma and I really couldn’t understand the situation.” She sighs, “Then the little girl started to cry and I felt a stinging pain in my heart telling me to go and comfort her.”

“Did you?” BaoMing shook her head.

“They left after that but the little girl refused to leave. She wanted to stay with me. Lisa unnie told her something and she left after that.” BaoMing stared straight at DongHyun, “Why can’t I remember you? Are you someone important to me? How is the little girl and boy involved in this?”

“I’m your current job.” He replies, “You’ve are working undercover as my wife to figure who is trying to kill me. DongWon and EunMi are the kids you just saw, they are my children. The reason they call you umma is because my wife is deceased. You knew EunMi since she was born and she is really attached to you. DongWon lost his mother when he was 6 and he loves you like he loved his mother.” DongHyun sighs, “Right now I’m getting married to my girlfriend.” It hurt him to say it, “My kids doesn’t know yet and you and I are...getting a divorce.”

BaoMing felt a sting in her heart.

“What about the case?”

“You haven’t caught him yet. And I hope you do soon.” He smirks at her, “Because the man who loves you can’t wait any longer.”

----

Minah is sitting at a café talking to somebody. He is wear a face mask.

“So is it true?” asked the man, “She has forgotten all about him?”

“From what I heard she doesn’t remember anything about him at all.” Minah smiles, “Things are going better than I thought.” She rubs her stomach, “With her out of the way I can do a better job and finish it quicker.”

“Don’t work too hard.” The man gentle hold’s Minah’s hand. “It wouldn’t be good for you.”

“I know.” Minah smirks, “How do we know where she put it?”

“Become friends with her and she might let you know. Let just hope she doesn’t remember anything from ten years ago.”

----

It is night time at the hospital and BaoMing is still up on her laptop.

“Got you. Now all I have to do is find you.” She smiles. As she looks at her list she notices something. She picks up her phone and dial’s Junsu’s number.

“Anneyeong?” said a tired Junsu

“Su-oppa.”

“Why are you calling in me in the middle of the night?”

“I’m sorry oppa, I was just researching some people relating to Kim DongHyun’s case and I found something rather interesting. I looked through the SM files and found an AhYooMe. Who is she? She isn’t in any of the other records. Just this particular file.” the other side went silent. “Oppa! Su oppa.”

“I’m here and you wouldn’t believe what I just found.”

----

Lisa walks into her office the next day and found BaoMing at her desk working.

“Yah Ming, why are you here?”

“I’m working unnie.” BaoMing quick writes something down.

“You’re supposed to be resting at home.”

“I’m fine and if I feel light headed I’ll straight to the hospital ward.” BaoMing spins around in her chair, “and one thing Unnie.’

“What?”

“I need you to take DongWook off the case.”

“Waeyo?”

“I just need to be sure of something. And for that to happen I need him of Kim DongHyun’s case.”

----

EunMi sat in her room playing with her doll. She kept sniffing and wiping her eyes. DongHyun walks in and sits next to her.

“EunMi, what is wrong?”

“Umma doesn’t remember EunMi.” DongHyun picks her up into his lap, “Umma doesn’t want to be my umme anymore.” DongHyun hugs her and rocks her back and forth.

“It isn’t your umma’s fault. Umma got hurt and injury her head.” DongHyun tried to comfort her, “Even if umma doesn’t remember you appa will always remember you.” EunMi looks straight up and DongHyun.

“Appa?” DongHyun nods, “You’re my appa.”

“If that is what EunMi wants.” EunMi smiles and hugs DongHyun.

“APPA! Saranghaeyo.” She kissed his cheek, “I always wanted an appa.”

----

BaoMing walks into DongHyun’s house slowly. No one was home, she walked slowly towards the piano and played her favorite songs and sang along to them. Her head started to hurt.

CLAP

BaoMing saw Minah standing at the door.

“Wow you play pretty well.” Minah walks up to her and put her hand out, “Hi, I’m Song MinAh, I’m DongHyun’s girlfriend.” BaoMing smiles and shakes her hand.

“You’re the girl he is going to marry right?” Minah smiles

“Yes.” Minah pause, “I heard about what happened, I’m really sorry.”

“There is nothing you need to be sorry about. I was just careless.” BaoMing rub her hands together, “How about some tea?”

“Aniyo, I was just wondering if oppa was here.”

“I haven’t seen him.”

“That is fine. But I was wondering since you know how to play the piano so well do you mind playing a song for oppa and my engagement party?” BaoMing was shocked.

“You guys already picked a date?”

“No but I just wanted to tell you in advance.” Minah smiles

“Sure.”

----

“Really Hyung?” saidYoungMin. DongHyun nods his head

“That is so sad.” Said Minwoo, “That means she doesn’t remember any of us.” Everyone looked sad and down.

“Let make new memories with her then.” Said Jeongmin, “Let make better and beautiful memories to replace the old ones.”

“I agree.” Said Kwangmin, “And we don’t know for sure if her memories are gone or not about us either. We might be able to bring it back.”

----

Minah went to DongHyun’s room to wait for him. BaoMing walked around the house and enters EunMi’s room. She saw pictures of her and EunMi on the dresser. She went to her room and open her closet. There was a huge box in the corner of her closet. She takes it out and put it out on her bed. She opens it up and there was a note inside.

Remember when you left me this? It was a sign that you’ll come back.

Now I’m giving it back to you as a sign that I’m waiting. The other

 hoodie is still waiting to be worn as a family.

The words on the paper hit her. She throws the note on the side and picks the hoodie up. She was so confused. The hoodies felt like they had a meaning to them. She felt a sudden thumping in her head.

“Ahh.” She sat on her bed.

 

Minwoo drops off Julia at DongHyun’s house. Julia smiles at Minwoo and pecks him on the cheek.

“Bye Min.” He smiles at her with his beautiful eyes, “Work hard okay. I’ll see you next time.”

“Bye Julia. You should go in noona might be looking for you.”

“Don’t get too caught up with your debut.”

“I won’t. Just remember to come visit me when noona visits hyung,.”

“I will.”

Julia walks out of Minwoo car and into the house. She heard something drop from upstairs.

PREVIEW:

 

“How did you get files on SM?”

“I got them at Mr. Im’s company without them knowing.”

 

“But I’ll warn you, don’t hurt her or it just won’t be Rocky you have to worry about.”

 

“It doesn’t seem like SM was behind their deaths.”

“Once again Congratulations Minah and DongHyun”

 

[A/N]

Story is coming to an end.

♥Thanks for those who've read the whole thing♥

Have a new story coming up not sure what to call it yet but please support it too.

After this story comes to an end.