Thankful

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

Play the song: So Into U – f(x)

 

No One’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin’s friends are on their first break after a week of not knowing anything that happened to Ha Rin since no one hasn’t contacted her yet including Key. Min Young then came running to their tent from the office.

 

“Oppadeul! I’ve got something to say! It’s important!” Min Young said still catching her breath.

 

“Say it Min Young, what is it?” Onew said as Taemin offered water to Min Young for her to cool down.

 

“Its about Ha Rin, I heard from the office that she won’t be coming to school for now and it started from last week, so we won’t be able to see her for now.” Min Young stated and looked upset after realizing what had happened to Ha Rin.

 

“So that’s why! Do you know something about this Key?” Jonghyun asked looking at Key with a serious expression on his face.

 

“No! I don’t know anything and its frustrating me so much! I want to see her and I miss her a lot!” Key said loudly and frowned.

 

“We know that Key, but let’s think about this first. When was the last time you have talked to her?” Onew asked interrogatingly.

 

“The day when we told you that we’re a couple, that’s the last time, and from then on she haven’t called or text me yet.” Key explained still frustrated.

 

“Then maybe, something happened at their house that night. We should ask her sachon-deul, shouldn’t we?” Taemin said and looked at the others for their opinion.

 

“I think I know what to do already, leave this to me.” Key said in conclusion and stood up from his seat and walked off.

 

“Hey! Tell us! Maybe we can help too!” Jonghyun screamed but Key didn’t looked back and kept walking instead.

 

“No hyung, like he said, he knows what to do let’s just trust him on that.” Minho said positively.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

 

Key’s POV

 

 

School today has ended and I’m here sitting on the bench near our school gate waiting for Leeteuk hyung since I’ve figured that he might dropped by here in school to get some notes for Ha Rin.

 

On my luck, I saw Leeteuk hyung’s car parked and a few minutes later he came out from our school’s gate with papers in his hand. ‘I knew it!’ I thought and approached Leeteuk hyung.

 

“Hyung…” I said and Leeteuk hyung looked at me with pity in his eyes but he stayed silent and was about to go inside his car but I stopped him.

 

“Please hyung, I need to talk to you.” I said pleadingly and with that, Leeteuk hyung walked to the bench and sat down so I followed him quickly.

 

“What do you want to talk about Key? Make it quick because I still have to go back to work.” Leeteuk hyung said in monotone.

“What happened to Ha Rin? Why isn’t she coming to school anymore? Why can’t I contact her?” I asked all these questions to him all at once.

 

“Woah!~ Slow down! I can’t say anything about Ha Rin because her dad told us not to talk to Ha Rin’s friends especially to you. I’m sorry.” Leeteuk hyung said looking apologetic.

 

“But! Can’t you at least help not only me but all our other friends to see her? I miss her so badly and I really want to see her. Please hyung?” I said begging with all my might for him to say yes.

 

“Fine, the three of us we’ll figure something out for you guys. Just wait for any of us to call you or your other friends. I have to go.” Leeteuk hyung said promptly and walked off.

 

I stood up and smiled widely feeling a little relieved. “Thanks hyung!~” I yelled and Leeteuk hyung looked back and just smiled.

 

End of Key’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

No One’s POV

 

It’s a Sunday so as usual Ha Rin and her family would spend the day together starting with a Mass in the morning. But today is different, Ha Rin doesn’t want to come since she’s still crossed with her parents especially with her dad because for her its unfair and very unreasonable not to go to school and disapprove on her relationship with Key.

 

“You sure, you girls will be fine here?” Ha Rin’s mom asked Nikki by their main door.

 

“Ne, just enjoy your day! We’ll be fine. Take care!~” Nikki said with a reassuring smile and with that, Ha Rin’s family left the house.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

DING DONG!~

 

I heard our doorbell rang after 10 minutes when my parents with my siblings left for their day-out today.

 

“Who would want to spend time with unreasonable people huh?” I said to my Popeye stuffed toy from Key oppa. ‘I miss him so much!’ I thought as I hugged Popeye tightly.

 

“Aigoo!~ She’s definitely missing us!” I heard a familiar voice from my door and as I turned to look at who it was a huge smile automatically appeared on my face.

 

“OPPADEUL! UNNIE!~” I screamed and stood up to hug each of them snugly. After hugging each of them I realized that someone very IMPORTANT isn’t with them today. ‘Why isn’t he here with them? He’s supposed to be here!!’ I thought disappointedly and frowned.

 

“Why do you look so glum Ha Rin-ah? Aren’t you happy that were here?” Onew oppa asked pretending to look hurt.

 

“Aniyo! Its nothing oppa, and of course I’m happy to see you all here now!” I said and half-smiled to hide my displeasure.

 

“Mianhe Ha Rin, but Key hyung didn’t come with us today.” Taemin oppa stated but was cut off by Jonghyun oppa.

 

“He said he’s TOO busy to come out.” Jonghyun oppa said with emphasis.

 

‘TOO busy? Busy with what? Aiisshh!~’ I thought with frustration. “Never mind him, I don’t care! So, how are you guys?” I said and smiled half-heartedly.

 

-

-

 

After one hour and a half of talking and catching up on things with my friends I then realized how much I missed them. ‘I hope I can come back to school anytime soon!’ I hopefully thought.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, we’re really sorry but I think we have to go now.” Minho oppa said apologetically lowering his head.

 

“Really? But why so soon?” I asked them and had a sad look on my face.

 

“Mianhe dongsaeng, but we really have to go. Lessons in school are getting harder each day so we have to work harder. I’m sure you’re aware of that right?” Min Young unnie explained and I just nodded firmly.

 

They gave me a good bye hug one at a time and went out of my room leaving my door open. I threw my Popeye stuffed toy to vent my anger out and it landed near the door. “Stupid Key!” I cursed and kept a frown on my face.

 

“Why throw this cute stuffed toy that I gave you? Poor thing!~”

 

 I heard Key oppa’s voice and turned to look at him quickly to see if its true or just another imagination of mine. And he got my stuffed toy from the floor and now walking towards me as I was sitting down on my bed.

 

I kneeled on my bed to match his height and said, “YAH! KIM KIBUM! I thought you’re TOO busy to come here today aren’t you—“

 

I was a cut off by Key oppa’s lips crashed onto mine. I was startled at first and didn’t know what to do next but without me realizing, I was already kissing him back.

 

‘Our first kiss.’ Ha Rin thought.

 

After our 2 minutes first kiss, Key oppa broke off with a huge smile plastered on his cute and very lovable face that I missed a lot.

 

I didn’t know what to say so I kept quiet with my face blushing madly. “You missed me huh?” Key oppa asked.

 

“Very much!” I said and he hugged me real tight with a thought of him not wanting me to let go of his arms.

 

“I missed you too jagiya!~” Key oppa said and I realized that a tear fell from my eyes already.

 

Key oppa let go and looked at me worriedly and asked, “Why are you crying Ha Rin-ah, kwenchana?”

 

“Aniyo, I’m just too happy to see you and to be with you right now oppa.” I said and sat down on my bed and made a space for Key oppa to sit on beside me.

 

“I feel the same way Ha Rin. I was feeling so miserable each day that passed as I keep on thinking about you and the reason why you’re not coming to school and not even calling or texting me anymore.” Key oppa begun as I was silent listening to what he’s saying.

 

“Now that I’m here, can you tell me what really happened?” Key oppa asked with so much anxiety in his voice and put his arms around me cozily.

 

“Well, to cut the story short. My dad saw your text message and didn’t approve on our relationship so he grounded me and stopped me from coming to school. That’s it! That’s unfair right oppa?” I said as I looked at him.

 

“Not really Ha Rin-ah, he’s your dad so of course you would expect him to react that way and we can’t do anything about that. Let’s just wish that he’ll be able to accept us someday, okay?” Key oppa said but I just scowled and scooted away from him and looked away.

 

‘I was expecting him to agree with me and not my dad’s point! Aisshh!’ I thought.

 

“Oh, come on Ha Rin-ah, don’t be like that please?~” Key oppa pleaded and moved closer to me and hugged me from the back with his chin on my shoulders.

 

“Why take my dad’s side and not mine huh? Aren’t you my boyfriend? You’re supposed to understand how I feel.” I said with disappointment in my voice.

 

“Aigoo!~ Of course I understand you jagiya, and I’ll definitely feel the same way if that happens to me. But as I said, its your dad, once he said something you have no choice but to follow it and just understand it no matter how unreasonable it may be. Aratji?” Key oppa explained with a peck on my cheeks.

 

‘What did I do in my past life to have such a very understanding, caring and loving boyfriend as him? Saranghae oppa!~’ I thought gratefully.

 

I turned and hugged him, “Araso oppa, Kumawo! Saranghaeyo oppa!~” I said sweetly.

 

“I love you too Ha Rin! Very very much!” Key oppa said and we stayed with each other’s arms with no thought of letting go.

 

-

-

 

“I almost forgot! Onew hyung and the others are just there downstairs in your living room with Nikki noona. I think I have to go, no, WE have to go.” Key oppa said and stood up immediately.

 

“Really? They’re waiting for you? Aigoo! Let’s go together so I can send you guys off downstairs.” I said and let out my hand in front of him, Key oppa then hold on it and intertwined our fingers together firmly.

 

We went downstairs and found our friends either sleeping or playing with my brother’s PS3.

 

“We’re sorry for letting you wait for too long!~” Key oppa and I said in unison and bowed three times to apologize.

 

“Finally! The lovebirds are out of their love nest.” Jonghyun oppa said teasingly as he stood up from the couch yawning after his long nap.

 

“Its fine you two, we understand how much you missed each other so no worries alright?” Min Young unnie said and stood up as well followed by the other 3 boys.

 

“Min Young’s right! Let’s get going, before Ha Rin’s parents arrive.” Onew oppa said and walk quickly by the door.

 

Key oppa hugged me first before leaving my house, “I hope to see you soon in school jagiya!~ Take care okay? Saranghae!” He said and kissed my forehead.

 

I wave goodbye to my friends and to my Key oppa as they walk away from my house. ‘When will be the next time I’ll see them?’ I wondered.

 

I thought of the people who I knew that helped my friends to be able to come here today so I got my phone and called each of them to come to my house in no time.

 

“Thank you very much my sachondeul, I know you planned this day. Thank you!~” I said and gave my 3 cousins a hug that they deserve.

 

“No problem Ha Rin-ah, anything for you!~” Teukie oppa said and pinched my cheeks.

 

Even if I’m having problems in my life, I know I have them, my friends and Key oppa to lean on. I’m thankful to have people like them in my life.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

---