False Expectations

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play the song: Fiction by BEAST]

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin was drinking her water when someone tapped her shoulder which made her jump out of terror. When she turned around to see who it was, she was relieved immediately and smiled.

 

“Key oppa!~ Its just you, you scared me.” Ha Rin said and finished her water.

 

“I was about to ask that, why were you so scared? Did something happen up there?” Key asked inquisitively. ‘I think something happened.’ Key thought nervously.

 

“Come on, I’ll tell you and the others too.” Ha Rin said and pulled Key with her back in the living room where all of her friends are waiting for her.

 

-

-

 

“So tell us Ha Rin, what happened to your ‘PRIVATE TALK’ with that Doojoon guy?” Jonghyun asked as he gestured quotation marks on ‘PRIVATE TALK’.

 

“He wants a second chance… And…” Ha Rin started saying but stopped when she remembered the kiss that they had earlier and touched her lips. ‘Should I tell them about that or not?’ Ha Rin debated on her thoughts.

 

“And?” Key asked as he wants to know EVERYTHING that happened between Ha Rin and Doojoon earlier.

 

“He… k-k-kissed me.” Ha Rin stuttered.

 

“MWOH?!” All of them shouted with shocked expressions with their eyes widened.

 

‘Aiissh!~ I KNEW IT! SOMETHING happened!’ Key thought furiously.

 

“But why did he kiss you Ha Rin?” Min Young asked in disbelief. Ha Rin stayed silent and just slump her shoulders down and looked blankly into space.

 

‘MAJOR NEWS! How can Key confess now?’ Jonghyun thought hopelessly.

 

‘Seems like Ha Rin does still have some feelings for that bully!” Onew thought disappointedly.

 

‘Why does that Doojoon guy has to enter the picture NOW?!’ Minho thought angrily.

 

‘1 point for Doojoon, 0 for Key hyung. Eotteoke?’ Taemin thought logically.

 

‘EMERGENCY MEETING ON ONEW OPPA’S HOUSE might be happening later.’ Min Young thought as she texted the 5 guys secretly about their meeting on Onew’s house.

 

‘I really now my dongsaeng, until now.’ Nikki thought proudly.

 

“Hmm. Ha Rin had a long day, why don’t you kids go home for now and let Ha Rin rest for now?” Nikki stood up and escorted Ha Rin’s friends to the door when she noticed that her dongsaeng needs time alone for a moment to think.

 

Min Young and the four boys left Ha Rin’s house first but Key wanted to stay for a few more minutes to talk to Ha Rin.

 

Key sat beside Ha Rin and put her arms around Ha Rin’s shoulders facing Ha Rin to him. “Ha Rin-ah, are you sure you’re alright?” Key asked anxiously.

 

“Ne oppa.” Ha Rin said and smiled half-heartedly.

 

“I’ll go now okay? Call me if you need me anytime araso?” Key said and hugged Ha Rin tight and Ha Rin hugged back emotionless. Key then stood up and went home leaving Ha Rin still spaced out.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

Key’s POV

 

 

I was the last one to arrive at Onew hyung’s house since I stayed with Ha Rin more even just for a few minutes. I sat between Onew hyung and Taemin frowning and upset about what happened between Doojoon and Ha Rin. We usually do things like this when we know we have to talk about something urgent that affects all of us and this time Min Young’s on our side too.

 

“Let’s begin this, I know we have a lot of things to talk about today.” Onew hyung said on a leader tone. With that everyone sat up straight and tried to think about the things they want to point out about what happened today.

 

“I’ll start.” Onew hyung said as he volunteered. “Nikki noona’s right, I think Ha Rin still has some feelings with Doojoon seeing the way Ha Rin acted after the conversation that they had in her room.” Onew hyung pointed out.

 

“I agree with Onew hyung. But we can’t be sure on HOW MUCH Ha Rin likes Doojoon after what he did to her. Ha Rin’s not that stupid to fall for him again that easily, we know her.” Jonghyun hyung stated.

 

“Yes. But I would like to point out, even if we know her the people who knows Ha Rin better are her cousins and Doojoon. So we can’t really figure out what Ha Rin’s REAL feelings are yet.” Minho added.

 

“Fine, let’s set aside Ha Rin’s feelings for awhile. Let’s think about how Key oppa can get in to their picture. How can he make a move if Doojoon’s on his way?” Min Young asked.

 

“Min Young’s right. Key hyung’s way behind, knowing that the two will be living together in ONE house until Doojoon’s vacation here ends. And who knows until when? That’s one point for Doojoon, the talk that they had really affected Ha Rin so that’s Doojoon second point for today. What about Key hyung?” Taemin said comprehensively.

 

“It’s your turn now Kibum-ah, speak up.” Onew hyung said and all their heads turned to me as they waited for me to talk.

 

“Everything you guys have said were right, especially Taemin’s point. We don’t know what Doojoon can do, he’s on one advantage. Doojoon and Ha Rin will always be together at home, and what did I do today? Nothing right? How can I compete with someone who had won Ha Rin’s heart before and still has the chance to win it again?” I said in defeat.

 

“No Key, we saw everything that you did when we were at Ha Rin’s house. You were really sweet around her earlier, we were watching you two all along.” Jonghyun hyung admitted.

 

I didn’t say anything and just continued to stare into space. “Are you just going to give up Key? You haven’t started yet and you’re showing this attitude of yours? Gather all your courage up and face this.” Onew hyung said in a demanding tone.

 

“Onew oppa’s right. You love her don’t you?” Min Young asked. I simply nodded. “Then fight for it oppa, you can win Ha Rin for sure.” Min Young added encouragingly. I smiled thankfully.

 

“I got a plan.” Minho blurted out as we all turned to look at him. “Whenever were all together, and I know that includes Doojoon all the time now. You have to use every moment you have with Ha Rin at your advantage Key. Do whatever you can think of that can distract Ha Rin from feeling something for Doojoon. In a few days, it’ll be Christmas and after that we should ALWAYS hang out as a group, with that we can watch every move that you and Doojoon make around Ha Rin. Do you guys get what I’m saying?” Minho said and asked us looking serious.

 

“We understood every word Minho. In other words, this is now a competition between Doojoon and Key right?” Jonghyun hyung asked to be sure. Everyone nodded their heads including me.

 

“We’ll keep track of your points hyung. We’re all on your side, don’t worry.” Taemin said positively.

 

“Thanks for the support guys. I’ll need it.” I said gratefully. ‘Let this competition begin, may the best man win Doojoon.’ I thought.

End of Key’s POV

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin and her cousin Nikki were cleaning the living room right after Ha Rin’s friends left their house.

 

“Can I help you two?” Doojoon asked as he stood by one of the sofas near the stairs and was about to approach Ha Rin but Ha Rin quickly walked off and went to the kitchen.

 

“Follow her.” Nikki mouthed at Doojoon and he followed her immediately.

 

“Let me help you wash all these.” Doojoon said as he grabbed one plate and washed it.

 

“No, I can do this alone. Just go and help Nikki unnie if you really want to help us.” Ha Rin said cynically as she took the plate away from Doojoon.

 

Doojoon took it from Ha Rin again and this time Ha Rin didn’t grab it away and just gave it up instead. “You’re the one I want to give my help with so just let me okay?” Doojoon said and Ha Rin kept silent.

 

There was a sudden stillness between the two, but Doojoon thought he should speak first. “Ha Rin-ah, are you thinking about what I’ve asked you? OUR second chance?” Doojoon asked as he kept his head down and continued helping Ha Rin.

 

“I don’t know okay? Are you rushing me now?” Ha Rin said as she stopped and turned to look at Doojoon.

 

“No, no, of course not Ha Rin. I was just asking you, so, do I have a chance?” Doojoon insisted on asking again.

 

“Fine! Just do whatever you want okay? Don’t ask me again.” Ha Rin said as she let the last plate dry and washed her hand and wiped it with the towel hanging by their refrigerator.

 

“I guess that’s a yes right?” Doojoon asked with a big smile on his face as he wiped his hands after Ha Rin.

 

Ha Rin pretended not to hear Doojoon and walked out of the kitchen and went to her room upstairs.

 

‘That’s definitely a YES.’ Doojoon thought happily and went to his room.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

“STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!” I said out loud while hitting my head after closing the door of my room and stood behind it.

 

“Yah! What are you trying to do to yourself Ha Rin? What happened down there with Doojoon huh?” Nikki unnie suddenly spoke which made me jump.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were there unnie? You scared the hell out of me.” I said as I threw a pillow at her.

 

“YAH! Is that what you’re learning here? Lost of respect for your unnie?” Nikki unnie complained as she fixed her hair. I stuck my tongue out at her and ignored her.

 

“So tell me what happened, from the moment that you and Doojoon were here in your room ALONE.” Nikki unnie asked as she smirked mischievously.

 

I slapped her arm playfully, “We just talked about EVERYTHING that’s it.” I said in a monotone.

 

“But you said he kissed you, and I’m guessing that you kissed back right?” Nikki unnie asked and I was taken aback by her question as I widened my eyes.

 

“H-h-he was t-too s-strong.” I stuttered as I felt my cheeks blush from embarrassment.

 

Nikki unnie laughed hard, “I knew it! I was right all along dongsaeng. You still like him that’s why you said yes about giving him a second chance.” She said between laughs.

 

“How can you be so sure unnie? Its not like you can see and feel my heart and know how it feels.” I said defensively and turned the page of the magazine I was looking at.

 

“Aigoo!~ Come on Ha Rin, just admit it. This will be our little secret, remember what I’ve told you before? You can fool anyone but you can never fool me.” Nikki unnie said self-confidently.

 

“I guess you’re right unnie, you know me so well. Fine, you win. I said yes on the second chance part but about my feelings for him, I still don’t know.” I said in a thrash.

 

“You don’t know? You do dongsaeng, you just don’t want to admit it.” Nikki unnie said.

 

“Maybe, but just a little bit. Who wouldn’t? He may have hurt me so much and I can still feel the pain whenever I see him but he said his side and he explained things to me, he said that he still loves me. And you know how much I loved him before unnie, how much we loved each other. God gives us all the chances that we can have, why can’t I right?” I stated.

 

“But he has to prove his self well this time, and don’t ever waste the chance that you’ve given him, and just a reminder, don’t give in easily. Although I know you wouldn’t, I’m just saying that this time is 10 times harder for him to win you back.” Nikki unnie said in her sisterly advice tone.

 

“Thanks unnie, I’ll sleep now. I had a very long day, you know that. Good night unnie!~ Saranghae!~” I said and gave her my good night kiss.

 

‘I may have just a little love left for you Doojoon but it may not last long. I won’t be expecting anything since one way of hurting my feelings is expecting TOO MUCH from you.’ I thought and went off to sleep.

 

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

---