Sudden Goodbye

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

 

Play the song: Stand By Me – SHINee

 

 

 

No One’s POV

 

“Oppa, what do you think our friends will say if they knew that we’re a couple now?” Ha Rin asked Key as they walked inside their school after Key waited for Ha Rin to arrive.

 

“They’ll be happy, I’m sure of that!” Key said confidently.

 

“Are you sure?” Ha Rin asked still nervous as they were only a few meters away from their table under the big tent.

 

“What’s up with you two? Why do you look so nervous Ha Rin-ah?” Onew asked upon seeing Ha Rin hiding behind Key nervously.

 

“She’s scared of what you’ll think about—“ Key was about to tell their friends but Ha Rin stopped him by putting her hand on Key’s mouth.

 

“We have to tell them Ha Rin-ah, why are you so scared?” Key whispered. Ha Rin didn’t know what to say but she knew they had to tell their friends eventually.

 

Ha Rin gave up, “Fine, you tell them.” Ha Rin said and stood beside Key lowering her head.

 

“What are you whispering about? Tell us!” Jonghyun said nosily.

 

“We’re officially a couple now!” Key announced smiling brightly at their friends.

 

“Really?!” Their friends said in unison and the new couple just nodded their heads with smiles on their faces.

 

With that, they congratulated the couple and hugged them saying that they’re really happy about it. “Wait! Aren’t you mad or anything?” Ha Rin asked.

 

“Huh?” They all said and turned their heads to look at Ha Rin confused on her question.

 

“Yes, because I thought you’d say why its so fast that before I was with Onew oppa and now I’m with Key oppa, something like that.” Ha Rin explained.

 

“Of course not Ha Rin! What we had before is already in the past and what you have with Key now is totally different. We’re happy for you two so don’t worry okay?” Onew said.

 

“We’re glad that finally, you had the chance to tell each other how you really felt.” Jonghyun said.

 

“And once again, MY plan worked!” Taemin said proudly.

 

“So you guys planned it too?” Ha Rin asked with her hands on her waist looking at Key first and had glances on the other four boys in front of her.

 

“Oh-Uh. There she goes again. Taemin, you explain!” Minho said and pushed Taemin forward.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, calm down okay. We just thought that we had to do something about it or else no one’s making a move because Key hyung’s being a scaredy-cat these past weeks who doesn’t have the guts to tell you how he felt.” Taemin said in as a matter of fact tone.

 

Key then glared at Taemin this time, “Scaredy-cat?!” Key said and started to walk closer to Taemin.

 

“Now the couple’s teamed up. Run Taemin oppa!” Min Young said and ran herself away from Key and Ha Rin. And they ran around like kids and just stopped when they already had to go for their first lesson.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

“Oppa, can we stop for awhile. My knee hurts.” I said and walked slowly to a bench beside a tree a few blocks away from our house.

 

“What’s wrong Ha Rin-ah?” Key oppa asked worriedly as he wiped the sweat on my forehead with his handkerchief.

 

“My right knee hurts because of what we did this morning. We were running around remember?” I said as I touched my right knee.

 

“Yes and I remember Doojoon telling you off when you ran at the mall. That’s the thing I wanted to ask you before Nikki noona arrived last time.” Key oppa said.

 

‘I should tell him now, he’s my boyfriend anyway so he has the right to know.’ I thought and breathed out heavily.

 

“I had an accident a few years ago and the doctor said that because of what happened to my knee I’m not allowed to jump nor run since there’s a chance of that happening again.” I finally explained to him.

 

“Then why did you ran this morning?!” Key oppa scolded me.

 

“I’m sorry, its just that sometimes I forget okay?” I said and chuckled.

 

“Aigoo! Before you were just childish and an immature girl, but now you’re a forgetful halmunee already?” Key oppa joked and I slapped his arm.

 

“Owww!” Key oppa cried out holding his arms in pain. “Omo! Oppa! I was just kidding, does it hurt a lot?” I said and sat closer to him trying to check his arm.

 

Key oppa suddenly pecked my lips which surprised me. He smiled at me mischievously. “Got you!” He said and laughed at me.

 

“Aigoo!~ Meanie!~” I said and stuck my tongue out at him and stood up after feeling better and started walking.

 

“Yah! Wait for me! You felt better just after getting a kiss from me? Aigoo! Just tell me if you need it and I’ll give it to you ANYTIME.” Key oppa screamed after me and ran to catch up with me.

 

-

-

-

 

“Thanks for walking me home oppa!” I said as we stand in front of our house.

 

“No need to thank me, its my obligation as your boyfriend to walk you home and make sure that you’re safe.” Key oppa said sweetly.

 

I blushed and just smiled at him. “Go inside now, you’re parents might be looking for you already. I’ll go home too.” Key oppa said and started walking away.

 

I ran and stopped him, “Saranghae oppa!” I said and hugged him from the back. He turned and hugged me tighter. “I love you too jagiya.” He said and broke off.

 

I took the chance to kiss him on his cheeks quickly, “Annyong!” I said and waved at him and turned my back to hide my red face and walk inside my house.

 

I then noticed a familiar figure by the gate of Leeteuk oppa’s house. I walked closely and I saw Teukie oppa looking at me with a frown on his face.

 

‘Aigoo! I’m in trouble with him again?’ I thought as Teukie oppa dragged me inside their house to his room.

 

I was surprise to see Nikki unnie and Thunder oppa sitting on Teukie oppa’s bean bag playing with his iPad.

 

‘Family meeting?’ I thought anxiously.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

“I guess you know why you’re here huh?” Leeteuk asked a tensed looking Ha Rin.

 

Ha Rin nodded, “What do you want to say my sachon-deul?” Ha Rin asked.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? You’re relationship with you’re precious ‘Key Oppa’ of course.” Thunder said with quotations in the air.

 

Ha Rin looked at her Nikki unnie for back up but Nikki just shook her head telling her that she can’t do anything.

 

“Fine, we’re a couple now, just this weekend. What else do I have to explain?” Ha Rin said and asked.

 

“Well we all knew that’s going to happen but are you sure about it Ha Rin?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“Yes, and I know that Key oppa loves me. On what will happen on the future that’s up to us. So just let us be okay? I’m happy, that’s all that matters right?” Ha Rin said looking serious with a smile.

 

“Okay, but if he hurt you or made you cry then it’s up to us on what we want to do okay?” Leeteuk said and smirked.

 

“Oppa!” Ha Rin whined.

 

“He’s just kidding dongsaeng. Group hug?” Nikki suggested and so they did. And after their ‘meeting' they stayed and bonded in Leeteuk’s house.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

Play the song: Beautiful Goodbye – f(x)

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

We arrived home after bonding with my cousins feeling a tensed atmosphere around our living room with my dad standing walking around, and my mom sitting on the couch looking nervous.

 

“Nikki-yah, go up to your room first. We have to talk to Ha Rin for awhile.” My dad said in a serious tone. Nikki unnie nodded and went upstairs quickly.

 

“What do you want to talk about with me appa?” I asked curiously.

 

“This is your phone right?” My dad asked holding my phone up in his hands. ‘Shoot! I didn’t realize that I forgot my phone here and I didn’t put any lock code. Stupid!’ I thought nervously.

 

I nodded. “What about it appa?” I asked.

 

“Well, we heard this an hour ago and it was a text message from someone asking if you’ve eaten dinner and saying how much he loves you. If I’m not mistaken it was from your ‘Key oppa’.” My dad said annoyed.

 

‘I knew it! I’m busted!’ I thought worriedly.

 

“I’m asking you now, are you in a relationship with that guy?” My dad said knitting his eyebrows together.

 

“Umma…” I called out for my mom.

 

“Just answer your dad’s question to you dear.” My mom said teary-eyed.

 

“Yes, I’m with him appa.” I said honestly and lowered my head.

 

My dad threw my phone on the couch and kicked the couch furiously. “Who told you that you can have a boyfriend at your age?!” My dad screamed at me which made me jump.

 

“So what dad? We’re not doing anything bad. We’re just enjoying each other’s company and we love each other.” I argued.

 

“LOVE?! You’re too young to think about those things Ha Rin-ah. And just to remind you, I accepted this job for you to have a good education not to have a boyfriend and forget about your studies.” My dad said.

 

“Who told you that I’m forgetting about my studies dad? I never did! Why are you so mad about my relationship with Key oppa? I know that you knew something about my relationship with Doojoon before. You even brought him here for heaven’s sake!” I said and defended myself as tears fell from my eyes.

 

“That’s different!” My dad said.

 

“No! its not different dad! Just let me be happy and stop acting like being in love is such a crime! You’ve experienced it too, so you know the feeling appa! So please, approve on my relationship with Key oppa.” I said calmly still crying my heart out.

 

“NO! Starting tomorrow, you won’t be coming to school anymore because I forbid you to see that guy, if you have to stop from going to school so be it.” My dad said in conclusion.

 

“That’s impossible appa! You can’t do that!” I said and continued to cry.

 

“Of course I can. Now go upstairs and relax since you’re not going to school anymore.” My dad said and I was about to argue again but my energy was drained from crying so I just gave up and went upstairs.

 

“One more thing, you’re grounded too.” My dad said as I went up the stairs.

 

‘What a great life I have! FML!’ I thought and banged the door as I entered my room and broke down as I started crying again.

 

‘Is this good bye for us now Key oppa?’ I thought sadly and buried my face on my pillows and hugged the Popeye stuff toy Key oppa gave me before.

 

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

---