Rebound Love

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDLoYuRFzEA]

 

No One’s POV

 

Onew and Ha Rin are now walking home together holding each other’s hand and neither of them was talking but Onew decided to break the silence between them and spoke up first, “So, why didn’t your cousin pick you up today?” Onew asked randomly.

 

“Ah ne, he needs to go somewhere with his girlfriend tonight so he texted Min Young unnie and told me that he won’t be able to pick me up, that’s why.” Ha Rin answered without looking at Onew. ‘Why do I feel so awkward when I’m with him?’ Ha Rin questioned herself.

 

Onew just nodded and there was another silence between them and Ha Rin knew that its her turn to speak now.

 

“Oppa, I have to tell you something.” Ha Rin said quietly but enough for Onew to hear. ‘Just say it out Ha Rin.’ Ha Rin thought encouraging herself.

 

“About your question to me the other day, do you remember that?” Onew nodded. ‘Is she going to reject me or will she say yes?’ Onew thought nervously.

 

“It’s a yes. I’ll go out with you and I’d love to date you too.” Ha Rin said while blushing. ‘That was embarrassing. I can feel the heat burning from my cheeks. Aissh!’ Ha Rin thought shyly.

 

Onew stopped walking because he was shocked about what he just heard Ha Rin said and he couldn’t believe it so he asked, “Mwoh?! Is that true Ha Rin? You’re not kidding right?”

 

“Ne! I’m not kidding and its 100% true oppa.” Ha Rin said and lifted her head to look at Onew. ‘He looks so happy and so am I.’ Ha Rin thought. Onew was convinced and hugged Ha Rin tightly in the middle of the street.

 

“Thank you so much Ha Rin, you don’t know how much I’m happy right now. I can be the happiest person on earth now.” Onew said still hugging Ha Rin.

 

“Me too oppa!” Ha Rin said happily. Onew let go of Ha Rin and said, “We should celebrate today. Don’t you think?” Onew asked Ha Rin enthusiastically.

 

“Sure! But where are we going oppa?” Ha Rin curiously questioned Onew.

 

“I know a place where we can enjoy and have fun.” Onew said. ‘I hope you’ll like it Ha Rin’. Onew thought.

 

-

-

-

-

 

“We’re here!” Onew said eagerly. The two of them arrived at a big park nearby where a lot of families, couples and kids are playing and enjoying their time together. With an ice cream stall, bike shop, kite flying shop and a playground for kids.

 

“Wow!~ I haven’t been here before.” Ha Rin said happily with a bright smile on her face. “Thanks oppa!~ Let’s ride the bikes pali!~” Ha Rin suggested and ran to where the bike shop is. Onew was left stunned smiling at himself. ‘I’m glad you liked it Ha Rin.’ Onew thought satisfied and ran to where Ha Rin was.

 

The new happy couple ride bikes for half an hour and flew kites together too. After an hour of playing Ha Rin wanted to eat ice cream so they bought ice cream and sat on one of the benches to eat and rest at the same time.

 

“Woah!~ This is the first time I’ve been to a park this big. I’m happy that you took me here oppa. Kumawo!~” Ha Rin thanked Onew while eating her strawberry ice cream.

 

“You’re welcome Ha Rin, I thank you too because you liked this place. Some girls out there might think that going to the park on a date would think its old school but you were different. You even looked like a kid at some time earlier, it was funny.” Onew said and laughed at how Ha Rin looked like earlier.

 

“Yah!” Ha Rin slapped Onew’s shoulder and looked away from him.

 

“I was kidding okay? It was really cute for me. So don’t be mad.” Onew said and poked Ha Rin’s cheek to make her smile and look at him.

 

“Really oppa?~” Ha Rin looked at Onew and act cutely. Onew nodded and pinched her cheeks. Ha Rin smiled, satisfied.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, you have something on your face.” Onew said and smiled at himself.

 

“Where?” Ha Rin touched her face and checked. “Here!” Onew scooped a bit of his cream and put it on Ha Rin’s nose. “Yah! Oppa! Mwoh-yah?!” Ha Rin screamed and glared at Onew.

 

“I’m just playing around with you Ha Rin. I’ll wipe it for you.” Onew said and came closer to Ha Rin and kissed her nose instead of using something else to wipe the ice cream off.

 

“Aigoo!~ You totally did that on purpose right oppa? Aiisshh!” Ha Rin looked away to hide her blushing face from Onew. ‘Aiisshh! I have to control myself from blushing like this.’ Ha Rin scolded herself but smiled at the same time.

 

“I did. Are you mad? Mianhe.” Onew said sorry instantly which made Ha Rin looked at him and said, “No I’m not oppa. You didn’t have to apologize, I was just kidding too. Why don’t we go home now? The sun is about to set and I have to be home soon or else Leeteuk oppa will freak out if I’m not at home before he does.”

 

“Araso, let’s go. I don’t want to be on the bad side of your cousin, I have to be good so he’ll have a good impression of me.” Onew stood up and held Ha Rin’s hand with his and they started walking to Ha Rin’s house.

 

End of No One’s POV

-

-

-

-

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

“We’re here.” Onew oppa said, after the long walking that we had we finally reached my house. ‘That walk seemed so long, but I don’t care I was with Onew oppa anyway.’ I thought.

 

“Thanks for walking me home oppa, and thank you for today I had so much fun. Let’s do that again next time araso?” I thanked and hugged him. He let go from our hug and lift my chin for me to look at him.

 

“No, thank YOU because you said yes and you enjoyed spending your time with me with just the two of us for the first time. I really like you Ha Rin.” Onew oppa said with sincerity in his voice and I can see that he really meant it.

 

“Thank you again oppa! Good night!~ Take care okay?” I thanked him again and kissed his cheeks, waved my hand and went inside our house immediately.

 

“Min Young unnie, Teukie oppa! What are you two doing here in my house at this hour?” I asked them and freaked out when I saw them here in our living room.

 

“Its not that late Ha Rin-ah, its only 6PM. I saw Min Young walking on my way here in our neighborhood so I asked her to ride with me. Stop freaking out so much.” Leeteuk oppa explained.

 

“Ne, and it’s a weekend remember Ha Rin? Its our sleepover night tonight so I came here. Why were you only now anyways? You’re supposed to be here before us, where were you?” Min Young unnie added and asked me warily.

 

“It’s a long story. I’ll tell you later, first go in my room and change while I talk to my dear cousin here in the living room. Okay unnie?” I told her as I push her to the stairs.

 

“What do we have to talk about dongsaeng?” Leeteuk oppa asked after Min Young unnie left and sat on one of our sofas.

 

I sat beside him and said, “Its about Onew oppa, I told him my answer today and we spent the whole day after school together.” I told him with a smile.

 

“Were you happy with him dongsaeng?”

 

“Of course I am.” I answered him instantly and lowered my head.

 

“You look happy but I can feel that there’s something else that’s bothering you. What’s the problem? You’re with Onew now you should be overjoyed.” Leeteuk oppa said, and put his arms around my shoulders.

 

“I don’t know. I feel worried about something. But I’m definitely happy with Onew oppa, there’s no doubt with that. I enjoyed my time being with him. But can I ask you for something oppa?” I told him the truth. ‘Yes, I was undoubtedly happy now that I’m with Onew oppa but there’s something that worries me and I don’t know what that is.’

 

“But one thing’s for sure, you like Onew and you’re happy when you were with him today right dongsaeng?” I nodded as an answer to his question. “What is it that you need help with then?” he asked.

 

“How am I supposed to help Key oppa with Min Young unnie? I never tried hooking someone up and I don’t know how to do it. I’m sure you know how to, so teach me.” I said stating a fact.

 

“That’s easy dongsaeng, you came to the right person. Go get some snacks first, because I’ll give you tons of strategies on how to do that.” Leeteuk oppa commanded.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

Onew’s POV

 

“We’re here.” I said. ‘It was definitely a long walk from the park to Ha Rin’s house but it was worth it because we’ve talked about so many things, and it’s just the two of us without anyone interrupting, so I don’t care.’ I thought.

 

“Thanks for walking me home oppa, and thank you for today I had so much fun. Let’s do that again next time araso?”Ha Rin thanked and hugged me. I let go from our hug and lift her chin for her to look at me. ‘She’s so pretty.’ I thought as I admired her face.

 

“No, thank YOU because you said yes and you enjoyed spending your time with me with just the two of us for the first time. I really like you Ha Rin.” I said with sincerity in my voice and I really mean it.

 

“Thank you again oppa! Good night!~ Take care okay?”She thanked me again and kissed my cheeks, waved her hand and went inside her house immediately. I was surprised with what she did but I liked it.

 

As I was walking to my house, I touched my cheeks and I can still feel the kiss that Ha Rin left on my cheek. I’m really happy and content with what happened today. Ha Rin and I are together now, and I’ll do everything to make her happy and I won’t make her regret her decision. She’s the most special girl in my life now. I’ll take care of her and I won’t hurt her just like what that Doojoon did to her. But what if, she just said yes because she’s trying to forget Doojoon and she doesn’t really like me. What if I’m just her rebound love? I better not think about all this and just be happy that she’s with me now. ‘Just be happy that she’s with you Onew’.

 

End of Onew’s POV

 

---