Doing The Right Thing

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUd5VksbhkU]

 

[A/N: I can’t think of any other song, if you don’t like it you can chose any song you want. :D]

 

No One’s POV

 

“Oppa! Slow down, why are we in a hurry and why are you dragging me to your house and not mine? Ha Rin said huffing. ‘Its like déjà vu.’ Ha Rin thought. Leeteuk didn’t respond and even ignored her mom’s greeting.

 

“Leeteuk-ah! Ha Rin-ah! Do you want to eat something?” Leeteuk’s mom asked them.

 

‘Later auntie.’ Ha Rin mouthed. Leeteuk’s mom nodded and went to the kitchen to resume her cooking.

 

[Leeteuk’s Bedroom: http://www.greatinteriordesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/artistic-apartment-bedroom-design-by-piratininga-architects-in-sao-paulo-525x349.jpg]

 

“Yah! PARK HA RIN! Are you dating that guy earlier?” Leeteuk shouted furiously in his room with Ha Rin sitting quietly on his bed.

 

“Nugu oppa? And no, I’m not dating anyone, I just broke up remember?” Ha Rin said jokingly to change the angry atmosphere around them.

 

“STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT HA RIN! ANSWER ME!” Leeteuk shouted louder this time. Ha Rin was shocked and jumped off her sit upon seeing her cousin really mad.

 

“YAH! OPPA! CAN YOU STOP SHOUTING AT ME?! I TOLD YOU I’M NOT DATING ANYONE!” Ha Rin shouted back with frustration and starting to get teary eyed because she was scared of her oppa’s attitude. ‘Oppa can get really scary. But what did I do for him to react this way.’ Ha Rin thought still trembling in fear.

 

Leeteuk came closer to Ha Rin and kneeled down in front of her, putting his hands on Ha Rin’s shoulder to calm her down. “Dongsaeng, mianhe if I overreacted, I just want to protect you and I saw you hugged a guy earlier near your school gate and I was furious because I didn’t know who he is.” Leeteuk said regretfully. ‘I scared my dongsaeng, why did I do that? This is the first time I saw her really scared.’ Leeteuk sadly thought.

 

“Kwenchana oppa, I understand. But please promise me you won’t shout at me like that next time araso? It scares me a lot.” Ha Rin smiled at her apologetic cousin Leeteuk.

 

“Araso, I’ll never do that again. But who is he? Why were you two hugging?” Leeteuk questioned about the whole hugging thing again.

 

“You saw it?” Ha Rin laughed. “You seriously have some problems on reacting with stuff huh oppa? He’s my friend, Onew oppa. He talked to me because he was happy I’m smiling again he just hugged me maybe because he’s happy to see me like that. That’s it, are you happy now? And F.Y.I. I’m not dating him or anyone at the moment.” Ha Rin grinned and climb to Leeteuk’s bed and sat there because she knows that her oppa is okay now.

 

“Okay then, but if you’re dating someone or if anyone asked you out tell me first so I’ll know if I’ll agree on it or not araso?” Ha Rin just nodded and stayed silent playing with the toy car Leeteuk has on the table beside his bed.

 

Leeteuk noticed Ha Rin’s changed expression and asked, “Waeyo? Is there something else that I should know dongsaeng? Tell me.” Leeteuk sat beside Ha Rin on his bed and made her face him.

 

“The truth is… I’ve hugged someone else other than Onew oppa today and I felt different when Onew oppa hugged me and when Key oppa hugged me too.” Ha Rin admitted and said what was bothering her mind.

 

“Oohh!~ Torn between two lovers are you dongsaeng?” Leeteuk cooed and joked but Ha Rin didn’t laugh. “So it is! This means its serious, how did you feel when Onew hugged you and how did you feel when Key did?” Leeteuk interrogated his dongsaeng who now looked confuse and thinking hard on how she’s suppose to answer the question.

 

“Okay, when Key oppa hugged me I felt ‘special’ and with Onew oppa I felt ‘safe’. Is there a difference oppa?” Ha Rin said putting emphasis and quotation marks with the words safe and special.

 

Leeteuk smirked and stood up heading for the door but before he could Ha Rin said, “YAH! Oppa! I’m in the middle of a crisis here aren’t you going to give me some advice or something?” Ha Rin puffed her cheeks and pouted.

 

“I’m just going to get us snacks and drinks for us to eat because we’ll be having a really LOONNGG talk tonight. Wait here.” Leeteuk smiled and went out his room.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

“Back to your question dongsaeng, yes, ‘safe’ and ‘special’ are two different things to be feeling when you hug or when you’re with someone.” Leeteuk oppa said and took a sip from his drink.

 

“Then what is it? Explain please!” I said in a demanding tone because I want to think about things straight now because I’m confuse.

 

“Okay fine. Chill~ you felt safe with Onew right?” I nodded. “When you feel safe that means that the guy can protect you anytime and you know that if you’re in trouble he’ll try and protect you in any way. As for special, that’s totally different from being safe and protective. Special means that you and the guy have this special connection between you two and you understand each other just by looking at each other’s eyes. Do you understand now?” Leeteuk oppa was now done explaining the difference but something still bothers me.

 

“Ne, now I understand. But, there’s one more thing that bothers me and that is if I like both of them.” I asked him unsure.

 

“Aigoo! ~ That’s not for me to answer dongsaeng you’re supposed to. It’s your heart not mine, but do you think you like them both more than just a friend?”

 

“I don’t know oppa. With that question I’m still confuse, but I’ll feel it in any way at any time right?” I asked him again so all the curiosity in my mind right now will go away and help me think about it clearer.

 

“Of course dongsaeng, but I’m just warning you that there might be a point where you’ll feel that you like both of them but you actually don’t because that can never happen. There’s always someone who’s more than the other one or the better one. Remember this araso?” Leeteuk oppa smiled an encouraging smile with care at me. I nodded and I stood up to hug him. “Thank you so much oppa for all the advice you gave me. I’ll remember everything you said. I should go now, I still have to do my homework. Goodnight! Saranghae oppa! ~ I grabbed my bags and waved goodbye to Leeteuk oppa.

 

-

-

-

I’ve finished eating our dinner and I’m done with the dishes as well. Now I’m in my room laying down and thinking about all the things that Leeteuk oppa told me today. ‘But I’m just warning you that there might be a point where you’ll feel that you like both of them but you actually don’t because that can never happen. There’s always someone who’s more than the other one or the better one.’ That keeps on repeating on my head. All he said was all true, but now that I still don’t know how I really feel about the two of them I don’t know what to do. God please help me, give me a sign or something.

 

‘What if one day I really have to choose between them?’ I nervously asked myself and went off to sleep.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

Key’s POV

 

I was doing my homework with my earphones on with loud music in my bedroom when I suddenly remembered the moment that Ha Rin and I had earlier today.

 

[Key’s Bedroom: http://www.greatinteriordesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zalf-teen-room-furniture-design-in-pink.jpg]

 

--FLASHBACK—

 

“Key oppa, we still have 5 minutes why are we going to lesson so early?” Ha Rin asked me.

 

“Because I want to talk to you, can we stop for a bit? We’re still early anyways.” I said and I stopped near the small tent where no one can see us.

 

Ha Rin kept silent and waited for me to speak. “I’m sorry if you thought that I don’t care about you because I didn’t send you any messages yesterday or the day before that. Its just that I want you to have your time for yourself and I didn’t want to bother you. I seriously care about you and I was worried too so don’t think that I don’t araso?” I said apologetically.

 

“Its okay oppa, I understand and I know that you care for me too because we’re friends right? There’s no need to apologize to me, I’m fine now so don’t worry okay?” Ha Rin said with a smile. ‘I’m glad she understands.’

 

“I don’t know, I felt guilty for some reason. But you’re okay now and I’m really happy that you are.” I said and opened my arms to hug Ha Rin. We hugged for a few seconds and Ha Rin said something. “What are we doing here hugging each other? We should go to lessons now or else we’ll get in trouble.” Ha Rin broke the hug and started running and I quickly followed her.

 

--END OF FLASHBACK—

 

That was the first time that the two of us hugged and it was pretty long I’m sure of that. I was surprised at myself on how tight I hugged her today. Maybe it’s because… NO!... KIM KIBUM…SNAP OUT OF IT!... you can’t possibly like her. NO! You like someone else, and you’re going to ask for Ha Rin’s help. Maybe that’s why you were really nice to her ever since you saw her the first time. I kept on punching my head with my hand for me to wake up with this nonsense. She’s a very understanding person too, she had forgiven me easily from not texting her and for not showing my concern to her last week. If I’m in her position I’ll hold a grudge and will not talk to that person for a long time. But Ha Rin, she’s really nice and very understanding.

 

‘But what if I really like her more than the girl I like before? Hugging her felt nice for me and if I would get the chance to hug her again I would.’ NO! Why are you still thinking about her?! STOP IT KIM KIBUM, it’s not right and it will never will. Besides Onew hyung likes her, I know, even if he never admits it to us we know that he likes her. I can’t just compete with my hyung, it’s inappropriate to go against Onew hyung because of this.

 

‘Forget about this and do what you have to do Key.’ I told myself as I turned off my bedroom lights and sleep.

 

 

End of Key’s POV

 

Onew’s POV

 

I was reading my notes in ICT in my room and I thought of Ha Rin and the talk that we had before I went home today.

 

[Onew’s Bedroom: http://www.furnishism.com/photos/cool-teen-bedroom-design-33.jpg]

 

--FLASHBACK—

 

“Oppa! Why are you running? I thought you already went walking with the others.” Ha Rin asked me.

 

“I’ll just catch up with them later, I didn’t get the chance to talk to you today so I thought I should look for you now and talk to you before you go.”

 

“What is it you want to tell then? Is it that important? Tell me.” Ha Rin said.

 

I pulled her close to me and hugged her really tight and said, “I’m just glad to see you back and just seeing you happy now makes me feel satisfied. You didn’t know how much I was worried about you, but now that you’re okay then I’m fine with that. I missed you Ha Rin.”

 

“Ne oppa, I know you were worried and I thank you for being really concern for me, I appreciate that so much.” Ha Rin broke the hug and smiled at me.

 

“Now that I’ve talked to you I’m fine now, I should get going and catch up with the others. You take care okay?” I winked and waved bye to her and ran off quickly hoping that I can still catch up with Key and the others.

 

--END OF FLASHBACK—

 

I was smiling to myself while thinking about it but there was something that had my anxiety on. Why was Key and Ha Rin late but they went first before us? Did they do something or went somewhere we don’t know? As I was watching them in ICT, I saw how they look and smile at each other which were really very suspicious to me. The others didn’t seem to notice but I did and it bothers me a lot. Does Key likes her or is it the other way around?

 

“Arrrrggghhh!” I shouted in annoyance. My head hurts just by thinking and asking these questions to myself that I don’t even know how to answer and what the answers are. What if someone asks her out before I can? I don’t want to lose the chance I can have with her.

 

‘You have to make a move or else you’ll lose your chance Lee Jinki!’ I told myself and closed my eyes for my deep sleep.

 

 

End of Onew’s POV

 

---

 

ANOTHER UPDATE! I hope you guys make some COMMENTS on this. :) For me to know if I should continue this story or NOT. ^^ I would appreciate to get some comments from any of you! THANK YOU! ♥