Signs

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZoMpMGFDsU]

 

No One’s POV

 

“Unnie!~” Ha Rin whined in front of her Min Young unnie and the others early in the morning. But Key and Onew weren’t there yet and they thought they might be late today.

 

“Mwoh? Stop whining dongsaeng what do you want?” Min Young asked her whiny dongsaeng Ha Rin.

 

“I need help with Economics. Pali! Stop helping Taemin oppa and Minho oppa in ICT and you help me. Puh-lease?” Ha Rin said trying to act cute for Min Young to help her.

 

“Yah! Ha Rin! We need help too you know. Look at you, acting cute just to get Min Young’s attention. Psshh, screw you.” Minho snorted and stuck his tongue out at Ha Rin to annoy her.

 

“Yah! OPPA! That was mean. Taemin oppa!~ Look! Minho oppa’s teasing me early in the morning.” Ha Rin went behind Taemin as her shield from Minho. Taemin just laughed on how Ha Rin’s acting childishly.

 

“YAH! You two stop acting immature and grow up okay? Minho oppa just wait for Onew oppa and Key oppa to arrive here araso? And you Ha Rin, what do you need help for Economics huh?” Min Young stopped the two from fighting and helped Ha Rin in the end.

 

“Mehrong!~ I win!” Ha Rin stuck her tongue out at Minho this time when Minho was about to say something Min Young glared at the two of them and that shut them up from all the whining and fighting. ‘Aigoo! Ha Rin can act childish at times too huh? And Minho oppa acting childish was cute to watch too.’ Min Young thought with a sigh and continued helping Ha Rin.

 

-

-

-

“Ha Rin-ah!” Onew and Key called Ha Rin at the same time, when they saw Ha Rin waiting outside her form room. They looked at each other when they realized they called her together and just smiled at each other without saying a word while Ha Rin was walking towards them.

 

‘What does he want with Ha Rin now?’ Onew thought.

 

‘Aiissh! Why are you always there to interrupt hyung? I need to talk to her first.’ Key pleaded in his thoughts.

 

“Oh! Oppadeul! We thought you’re both not coming to school today. What is it?” Ha Rin asked them blinking her eyes with curiosity.

 

‘She’s so cute.’ The two guys thought at the same time but snapped back to reality quickly.

 

“I need to talk to you.” Key and Onew spoke at the same time again which made Ha Rin giggle for a while. “Privately please.” They said it again together which made Ha Rin laugh uncontrollably. The two guys glared at each other without Ha Rin seeing it.

 

“Oppadeul, what’s with all this speaking at the same time thing huh? Are you in a choir or something? What do you want to talk about with me?” Ha Rin asked them still laughing.

 

“Hyung, can I talk to her first? It’s really important and I have to tell her now.” Key begged his hyung.

 

“Why can’t I go first? I need to tell her something important too. It’s more important.” Onew argued back.

 

“Gosh! What’s all this arguing about? Okay, you two play rock-paper-scissors then we’ll see who gets to talk to me first. What do you say oppadeul?” Ha Rin suggested a game for them to stop.

 

“That’s childish Ha Rin.” Key said and rolled his eyes. Ha Rin gave Key the just-do-it look and Key just nodded. “Araso, let’s get this on with hyung. The winner will talk to her first.” Key explained.

 

“Okay! Enough! Ready? 1...2...3...” Ha Rin started.

 

“Gawi-bawi-bo”

 

“YAY! I won! Come Ha Rin.” Key said and pulled Ha Rin’s hand with his and walked away from Onew. ‘I lost.’  Onew thought causing him to feel sad and disappointed not only that he lost in the game but he feels that he lost Ha Rin too. He went walking the other side for him not to see Ha Rin and Key together.

 

End of No One’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

“I think he’s not in school today. Don’t you think so?”I asked Afifah who’s in the same form as me while we’re waiting for our form tutor to arrive near our form room’s door.

 

“Yeah! I think so too. Let’s just wait here and see, someone might come and take our register anyways.”Afifah responded with a smile.

 

“Ha Rin-ah!” I heard two familiar voices called my name but I didn’t look to who it was at first just when Afifah signaled me using her eyes to look at who it was and it wasn’t only one person but they were the two people I was thinking about last night. ‘Is this the sign I’m looking for? It can’t be the two of them can it?’ I questioned myself first but answered it myself at the same time as well.

 

As I was walking nearer at where they are standing I can see that they just looked and smiled at each other without talking. ‘Did they have a fight or something?’ I worriedly thought but shrugged it off and greeted them.

 

“Oh! Oppadeul! Annyong! ~ We thought you’re both not coming to school today. What is it?” I asked them blinking my eyes with curiosity.

 

 “I need to talk to you.” They both spoke at the same time again which made me giggle for a while. “Privately please.” They said it again together which made me laugh uncontrollably this time.

 

“Oppadeul, what’s with all this speaking at the same time thing huh? Are you in a choir or something? What do you want to talk about with me?” I asked them still laughing. ‘That was cute but dorky at the same time.’ I thought.

 

“Hyung, can I talk to her first? It’s really important and I have to tell her now.” Key oppa sounded like he was begging Onew oppa to let me talk to him first. ‘Why is he acting like this?’ I wondered.

 

“Why can’t I go first? I need to tell her something important too. Its more important.” Onew oppa argued back. ‘Oh! Onew oppa’s being strange too. What’s with these two? Why am I feeling that there’s a tension between them?’ I thought thinking hard on what could possibly be the reason why they’re both so eager to talk to me.

 

“Gosh! What’s all this arguing about? Okay, you two play rock-paper-scissors then we’ll see who gets to talk to me first. What do you say oppadeul?” I suggested a game for them to stop. ‘It’s better than nothing right?’

 

“That’s childish Ha Rin.” Key oppa said and rolled his eyes, I gave him the just-do-it look and Key oppa just nodded. “Araso, let’s get this on with hyung. The winner will talk to her first.” Key oppa explained. ‘Omo, he understood what I meant by my eyes. Is this what Leeteuk oppa was on about last night the connection thing?’ I thought amused on how Key oppa got my sign.

 

“Okay! Enough! Ready? 1...2...3...” I started.

 

“Gawi-bawi-bo”

 

“YAY! I won! Come Ha Rin.” Key oppa said and pulled my hand with his and we walked away from Onew oppa. I looked back to see Onew oppa and I saw how upset he was and he look sad. ‘Mianhe oppa.’ I apologized in my thoughts feeling guilty for what happened with their game.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

No One’s POV

 

“So oppa, what is it that you want to tell me? That’s so important that you really had to beat Onew oppa with the game huh?” Ha Rin asked Key with a grin. ‘Wow! That was funny, I didn’t let go of his hand this time. We were walking holding each others’ hand from the building until here near the small tent. I got used to holding his hand quite fast.’ Ha Rin thought realizing that she’s still holding hands with Key. But quickly let go of it after her thought.

 

“Yeah! Well, I always win every time I play that game with Onew hyung anyway.” Key said with a proud and confident smile in his face.

 

“Tssk. Tell me what you want now or else we’ll be late for lessons AGAIN.” Ha Rin said emphasizing with the word AGAIN.

 

“Okay chill!~ we won’t be late, we still have 10 minutes. Anyways, I want to ask you a favor Ha Rin and I would be glad if you’d say yes.” Key said nervously. ‘I will never regret this. I will never regret this, I will never regret this.’ Key keeps on repeating this phrase in his head while waiting for Ha Rin’s answer.

 

“Sure! I’ll do anything oppa, as long as I can. What is it?”

 

“Can you hook me up with Min Young? I really like her, and I liked her for a long time now I just don’t have the guts to tell her personally because I’m afraid she’ll reject me.” Key said lowering his head.

 

Ha Rin was shocked by this and had wide open and her eyes widened as well. ‘Is this the sign for Key oppa? I guess so, but why do I feel disappointed and sad at the same time? I can even feel tears building up my eyes. Waeyo?’ Ha Rin questioned herself and didn’t look at Key to prevent herself from crying.

 

“Ha Rin-ah! Are you going to help me or not?” Key was now shaking Ha Rin’s shoulders. Ha Rin said, “I just realized that even the over-confident diva that you are has some weaknesses too right? Ha Rin tried to laugh it off so it won’t be obvious.

 

Key laughed along and asked Ha Rin again, “Yes okay, I have a weakness too but are you going to help me or not? You haven’t answered it.”

 

“Okay okay. I will help you. But what if she doesn’t like you back and it didn’t work out?” Ha Rin asked Key worriedly.

 

“Then, maybe I should move on and forget about her just like what you did right? But we don’t have to worry about that first, you haven’t even tried helping me yet so we’ll see.” Key stated with confidence. “Let’s go to lessons now. We only have 5 minutes left.” Ha Rin said and walked inside their building without waiting for Key, which left Key dumbfounded. ‘Aissh! That girl! She didn’t even wait for me. Thanks for saying yes Ha Rin, this will help me forget whatever I’m feeling for you.’ Key thought and followed Ha Rin inside the building instantly.

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

Ha Rin’s POV

 

“Hey! Lara! Have you seen Onew anywhere? I haven’t seen him since this morning.”I asked Lara, one of our classmate in ICT If she have seen Onew oppa anywhere because ever since Key oppa and I left him this morning he didn’t show up anywhere, its worrying me.

 

“Yes. I saw him under the big tent just now and I think he went to the nurse, he looks ill you should look after him.”Lara said more like a demand. ‘Is he that sick? But what happened? I have to see him now.’

 

“Okay thanks Lara! Bye!”I thanked her and ran outside to look for Onew oppa. ‘Mianhe for making you feel bad oppa. This is my entire fault.’ I blamed myself for what happened.

 

I’m still running and I didn’t care even if my knees are hurting so much and I didn’t stop until I saw a sleeping figure on one of the benches under the big tent and I carefully peeked to see who it was and it was the one who I was looking for the whole time.

I poked his cheeks to see if he’s really sleeping or not. “Oppa, are you awake?” i whispered. He then stood up and said, “Yes I’m awake sorry for sleeping here sir I wasn’t feeling well.”I laughed and he looked at me, “Oh, its just you.” He suddenly frowned and stopped talking.

 

“Wae? Are you mad at me because of what happened with the game thing?” No response.

 

I started to poke his cheeks again and I saw him smiled, “I saw that smile oppa, don’t try and hide it. Don’t be mad at me please? I had this day started bad and I don’t want it to end worse okay? Puh-leaseeee?~” I tried to act cute if it works on him too and it did, he burst out laughing.

 

“Aigoo! You’ve tried the cuteness card at me now did you? I get that with Taemin and Min Young a lot but you’re the cutest.” He pinched my cheeks which made me blush.

 

“Just don’t get mad at me again okay? But wait, why were you mad again?” I lied by asking him that because I wanted to know if we were thinking the same thing.

 

“I’m not mad because of losing in the game with Key, its not that. I was mad because I didn’t expect you to just leave me there and go with Key. I know he won and he should be talking to you first but you didn’t even reconsider it by pulling me with you too. Instead, you left me and went with Key alone.” He explained and he turned serious again. ‘I failed. We’re not thinking about the same thing at all, I was thinking about the game but he was thinking about me leaving him alone. Aisshh. We have no connection or whatsoever, maybe Onew oppa’s just different with Key oppa really. Why do I have to compare them?’ I thought.

 

“Oh, araso. I won’t leave you next time. But did you really go at the nurse’s office, Lara told me that you went there just now.” I asked him anxiously.

 

“Ne, in fact I just came out there. I rested and slept there the whole morning that’s why I wasn’t in any lessons. My head hurt and I had a slight fever but it’s all gone now, nothing to worry.” Onew oppa smiled.

 

“Are you sure? I can stay with you here after this break if you want oppa. I felt guilty about earlier anyways so I want to make it up to you.” I asked him. I’m glad that I was out 15 minutes earlier than usual while the others are still there in ICT having a lesson. I smirked mischievously.

 

“Do you really want to make it up to me Ha Rin?” I nodded. “Then, can I tell you what I wanted to tell you this morning?” I nodded again in response.

 

“Okay, here it goes. C-can y-y-you b-be m-m-yy g-g-girlfriend?” Onew oppa stuttered on his words and I was taken aback by his question and kept me silent. ‘First was kind of a rejection, now the sign for Onew oppa was a confession? Woah!~’ I thought.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

Onew’s POV

 

“So… what do you say Ha Rin?” No response. I snapped my fingers in front of her and he was awaken by it and stopped spacing out.

 

“Oh, right. Oppa, mianhe but I can’t answer that right now because first, I’m still confused about all the things that happened to me. Second, I really don’t know what I feel, and lastly I’ll need Leeteuk oppa’s approval first before we could actually date, he’s kind of protective of me. I’ll answer it with a yes or a no if all of these worries are already out of my system okay oppa? Kwenchana?” Ha Rin looked at me with sincerity in her eyes.

 

“Okay, but promise me you’ll think about it and tell me if you have an answer already araso?” I said and we cleared it with a pinky swear.

 

‘I’ve finally admitted how I really feel about her and I feel so good inside.’ I thought satisfied with myself.

 

End of Onew’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

I was walking alone to our school gate to wait for Leeteuk oppa and I was thinking about how our auditions went. It was fun because for my part they asked me to sing a few lines from the musical’s song which I know by heart because I’ve watched the movie a lot of times before. Mrs. Milne the director of this play asked everyone to sing a solo on stage in our school’s theatre and all of us had a go on it. I was amazed by Jonghyun and Onew oppadeul’s vocals, they can both sing three octaves high, Key oppa and Minho oppa’s rapping skills was awesome to listen to especially with Minho oppa’s deep voice. Taemin oppa seemed to enjoy the dancing part of his audition which surprised all of the others who wanted to audition I’ve seen some who looked discouraged and backed out from auditioning. Min Young unnie was the best, she sure can act, dance and sing really well. I was pleased by our audition and I’m positive that all of us would be in it and obviously will get a part.

 

“Pali Ha Rin, get in.” Leeteuk oppa hurried me and I followed his instructions quickly. “Why do I have to hurry oppa? Is there something wrong?”

 

“Yes. There’s something wrong with you right? I’m guessing we have to talk about this all night again. This time, I’ll need Thunder’s help giving advice to a girl as stubborn as you is hard to do you know?” Leeteuk oppa said laughing.

 

“Yah! That wasn’t nice. But how did you know? Are you a spy or something?”

 

“Not really, but I found it out from someone. Min Young texted me, check my phone if you want to read her message.” Leeteuk oppa said pointing at his phone in his pocket. I was searching for Min Young Unnie’s message and when I saw her name I clicked open for me to read it. It says:

 

Teukie oppa! Annyong!~ You have to pick Ha Rin up quickly, she looks confuse and upset about something and I’ve asked her but she doesn’t say anything. She might not be ready yet to tell me but I know she’ll tell you what happened. Good luck oppa!~ FIGHTING!^^

-Min Young

 

“Yeah, she did ask me if I was okay when we’re on our auditions but how come you guys are so close to each other without me knowing it? I know I gave you her number in case of emergency in school but I didn’t know that you’re texting each other often.” I told him.

 

“Yah! Don’t think about something else babo! We don’t text often and Min Young just texts me if you’re acting weird in school or if you’re sick or something. That’s it.” Leeteuk oppa answered me while looking straight on the road ahead us.

 

“Oh, araso.” I simply said.

 

“Get down now oppa, quickly. We need to talk about my life again, and I’ll be in your room with Thunder oppa araso?” I went out of his car when he stopped in front of his house.

 

-

-

-

 

“Oppa! How are you? Where were you all this time? I haven’t seen you for ages. What were you doing these past few weeks or months I think?” I ran when I saw Thunder oppa sitting on Leeteuk oppa’s couch and hugged him really tight.

 

“I’m just busy with University work dongsaeng. I’ve missed you too! I’ve heard that you’re facing guy problems now huh? Aigoo!~ you’re a true lady now.” Thunder oppa joked and I laughed.

 

“Okay, I’m here now. Let’s start. Tell us what happened today Ha Rin, from the very beginning.” Leeteuk oppa entered his room with snacks and drinks on a tray.

 

I sighed. “What happened were Key and Onew Oppadeul wanted to talk to me at the same time this morning but Key oppa had the chance first because he won the game I suggested. He asked me a favor and that was to help him with Min Young unnie, because he likes her. I was shocked by this and I felt disappointed and hurt at the same time. I thought that it was the sign that I was looking for. But I didn’t know why I felt that way oppa. It confuses me so much. This is the first time I’ve encountered something like this oppa, yes I had a relationship with Doojoon oppa before but it wasn’t that hard as this one is. Why did I felt that way?”

 

“That just simply meant that you like him but not like as in like love, or something like that. You liked him maybe because you were constantly thinking about him. In fact, not only Key but you feel the same way with Onew right?” Leeteuk oppa asked.

 

“I think so. I was worried about him when I heard that he wasn’t feeling well and I don’t want him to be mad at me. He even asked me to be his girlfriend today and I felt happy but unsure on how I feel about him. So I didn’t answer him yet, because I told him I need time to think. But is it possible to like two different people at the same time?” I asked them.

 

“It’s possible Ha Rin. Of course it is, now you’re just thinking about it. You’re thinking about the two of them too much that you even thought you like the two of them. But no one owns your heart yet dongsaeng.” Thunder oppa added and Leeteuk oppa nodded in agreement.

 

“But how will I be sure with how I feel? I know I have to answer Onew oppa soon and I’ve said yes to Key oppa that I’ll help him with Min Young unnie. What should I do?” I questioned them again.

 

“First, what you can do is this dongsaeng, say yes to Onew and go on helping Key with Min Young. With this, if you spend more time with Onew you might realize that you actually like him more than Key or even love him more than Key.” Leeteuk oppa spoke up first.

 

“But we’re not saying that you have to stop being friends with Key or keep a distance with him. He’s still in your school and you’ll still hang out with him whether you like it or not. But with all this, you’ll be able to balance the two of them and see who like or LOVE better. Do you understand?” Thunder oppa said and finished their statement.

 

“Araso, now I understand and I know what to do now. I’ll say yes to Onew oppa and help Key oppa at the same time to see who I like better. But what if this happens, I said yes to Onew oppa but in the end I’ll realize that I like Key oppa more than him. What should I do with that?” I asked them again.

 

“Well, if that happens then you just have to tell Onew the truth.” Thunder oppa answered first.

 

“That would hurt him and I don’t want him to get hurt,” I said with worry in my voice.

 

 “He needs to take it as a man as he is and move on. Besides he’ll understand and I don’t think you’ll get to that to point dongsaeng. Trust me, you’ll be in a relationship with him but not for long.” Leeteuk oppa said with a grin on his face.

 

“I agree with hyung Ha Rin.” Thunder oppa agreed with Leeteuk oppa.

 

“How can you two say that? We’re not even in a relationship yet, we’re just about to start and you’re all being negative about it. You two we’re the one who told me to say yes to him and now this?! Aissh! I’m out of here.” I didn’t expect them to say that and it annoyed me, I was about to go out of their house but they shouted something together. “Just trust us. You’ll see. But do what we told you okay? We love you Ha Rin!~”

 

’Aiissh! Those two brats just won’t stop annoying me would they?’ But in the end, they still helped me so much, I understand and I know what I need to do now.

 

‘I hope this would be the right thing to do.’

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

---