Ignorance

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

 

[Play the song: Honey by Kara]

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

It’s around 10:30 am and as usual I’ll be in our living room reading a magazine trying to wipe away my boredom. Nikki unnie in the kitchen, cooking for our today’s lunch, and as for Doojoon, he would be in his room listening to music.

 

Suddenly, our doorbell rang. “Ha Rin-ah, you go and get the door.” Nikki unnie commanded as she turned around and continued her cooking. I stood up and went to open the door, I was surprised to see who our visitors are as my eyes widened with my jaw dropped open. ‘What are they doing here without telling me? Now, they’ll know that Doojoon’s here. Aissh!~ Eotteoke?!’ I worriedly thought.

 

“Who are our guest jagiya?” Doojoon asked as he goes down the stairs and stood by one of the sofas in the living room, and interrupted my worries.

 

“Aren’t you going to let us in your house Ha Rin?” Minho oppa asked raising his eyebrows as I didn’t realized that I haven’t invited them in yet. I stood beside the door and motioned my friends to go in.

 

They all stood in the living room with shock faces as they look at Doojoon standing in front of them too. ‘Aissh!~ This is awkward!’ I thought as I stood in between them.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, are they the friends you were telling me about before?” Doojoon asked. I ignored his question and called Nikki unnie to come in the living room. “Unnie!~ Come here for a minute please!” She came running and stood in front of me as she looked around and saw who arrived she was shocked too.

 

“Nikki unnie, Doojoon, they are my friends here. Jonghyun oppa, Minho oppa, Min Young unnie, Taemin oppa, Onew oppa and Key oppa.” I said as I introduced my friends to them.

 

“This is my Nikki unnie and Doojoon.” I added as I introduced Nikki unnie and Doojoon to my friends. They bowed to each other and Doojoon was offering his hand for a hand shake but none of my friends did since they know that Doojoon was my jerk ex-boyfriend.

 

“Wait, Onew? Are you Lee Jinki?” Doojoon asked Onew oppa with curiosity.

 

“You guys know each other?” I asked and all of our attention was focus on the two of them all of a sudden.

 

“Right! You’re Yoon Doojoon. Now I know why you’re name and your face were really familiar to me! You were the leader of this bully gang in our hometown before and you used to tease and fool around me ALL THE TIME!” Onew oppa explained with bitterness in his voice.

 

Doojoon laughed hysterically and said, “Why wouldn’t we bully you? You were the nerdest kid in our town and all you do is eat your precious chicken!~” All of my friends’ eyes glared at him including mine.

 

“YAH! YOON DOOJOON! Being a bully really suits you the best!” I screamed at him as I looked at Nikki unnie trying to tell her that she has to leave the living room with Doojoon through our telepathy and she got it.

 

“Doojoon, help me prepare the food that they brought in the kitchen. Come now! And as for you little kids, sit down for awhile and be comfortable.” Nikki unnie said as she dragged Doojoon with her away from us. ‘That’s a relief! Thanks Nikki unnie.’ I thought as I breathed out lightly.

 

We all sat down on the sofas and I was sitting beside Key oppa. “Park Ha Rin, I think you have some explaining to do. Would you mind?” Min Young unnie said crossed arms.

 

All of their eyes and attention were already on me as they waited for me to speak. “Yes, I will explain everything. And I want to start by saying sorry for rejecting all your calls and being unable to reply to your text messages—“

 

“Ne! We were all—“ Taemin oppa tried to interrupt but Minho oppa shut him up by smacking his head at the back. “Let her finish first.” Minho oppa said and turned to look at me again.

 

“Its just that, I don’t know how to talk to you with that Doojoon around me. He’s always there and if I talk to you on the phone there’s a big chance that you’ll hear his voice and you’ll freak out and I didn’t want that. I was scared on what’s going to happen if any of you found out about it. I didn’t know that he was coming here, my parents didn’t tell me about it, it was a surprise from them and that includes my Nikki unnie. My parents knew before that there’s something between me and Doojoon and they thought that until now we’re still the same. But you all know that it’s different, and I have no choice but to stay with him here in our house since my parents together with my siblings and Leeteuk oppa and Thunder oppa’s parents too are all in their own vacation together. That’s it, any more questions?” I said as I clarified everything, followed by nods of understanding from them.

 

“Did that Doojoon guy bullied you or hurt you again? Are you okay?” Key oppa asked as he checked my arms with bruises. I giggled and said, “I’m fine oppa, don’t worry.”

 

“Aigoo!~ Key’s just being REALLY CONCERN for you Ha Rin.” Jonghyun oppa said and laughed.

 

“But Onew oppa, is that true that he bullied you when you were kids before?” I asked as I want him to elaborate more on his statement earlier.

 

“Yeah, but that’s all in the past he can’t bully me or any of you here now. I’ll protect you my dongsaeng-deul!~” Onew oppa said as he hugged Min Young unnie as she was the one sitting beside him.

 

“Nerd chicken boy!~” Min Young unnie said teasingly. All of us laughed and began calling each other with different names. ‘I missed hanging out with my friends.’ I thought happily.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

“We’re here with the food and drinks for everyone.” Nikki exclaimed as she and Doojoon entered the living room with trays on their hands and put it on the center table. Nikki sat down on the sofa on Ha Rin’s right side alone as she was sitting with Key on the sofa at the center and Doojoon sat beside her. So the three of them are sitting on sofa together and Ha Rin was in between Doojoon on her right and Key on her left.

 

All of them grabbed one slice of pizza for each of them and sat comfortably while eating. Everyone has their own conversation including Nikki who is now comfortable with Ha Rin’s friends except for Doojoon who was ignored the whole time and no one dared to speak with him and whenever he tries to open up a topic Jonghyun or Onew will interrupt it with a new one that Doojoon doesn’t know about or worse they’ll talk in English.

 

‘Great! Now I’m invisible! Pssh! Try and endure it Doojoon, you wouldn’t want Ha Rin to be mad at you more right?’ Doojoon thought and sighed.

 

“Let’s share with mine Ha Rin-ah, take a bite. Aahh!~” Key said as he gave Ha Rin a bite from his pizza while Ha Rin was playing with Key’s iPod. Ha Rin will let Key bite from her pizza too and they’ll just take turns with it. Without the two of them knowing, the others were already watching them with smile on their faces, Doojoon on the other hand will look at Key and Ha Rin with narrowed eyes.

 

‘Aigoo!~ Now, they’re feeding each other.’ Min Young thought.

 

‘He’s now making his move! Well done Key!’ The 4 guys thought proudly.

 

‘He’s a new lover coming on my dongsaeng’s way.’ Nikki thought.

 

‘Endure it more Doojoon!’ Doojoon thought and sighed heavily.

 

As they continue to watch Key and Ha Rin, the two of them are now playing thumb of war as they share Key’s headphone listening to his iPod. After a few games of thumb of war, they got tired and just listened to Key’s iPod with Ha Rin’s head leaning on Key’s shoulder and sitting near each other and it felt like they have their own world.

 

‘I just wish time would stop so we’ll be like this as long as I want.’ Key thought contentedly.

 

‘I’m really comfortable with Key oppa now. At least I can say that we’re really close friends now.’ Ha Rin thought satisfied.

 

“AHEM!~” Jonghyun coughed loudly which startled both Key and Ha Rin and sat up immediately.

 

“Are you two back in the real world now?” Jonghyun asked sarcastically. Ha Rin just looked confused and Key glared at Jonghyun.

 

‘Why would you interrupt now Jonghyun hyung?’ Key thought annoyed.

 

“Anyway, I want to ask you something Ha Rin.” Jonghyun said and Ha Rin looked at him as she waited for him to continue.

 

“If you were to choose between your friends and your CHEATING JERK EX-BOYFRIEND, who would you chose?” Jonghyun said as he took glances at Doojoon and emphasized each word.

 

“Of course I would pick my friends! Why would I pick someone who’s not worth it and when I know that all he would do is hurt me right? Besides, I love my friends more than that JERK GUY now!” Ha Rin answered confidently and they began to laugh.

 

Doojoon on the other hand felt anger, jealousy, and insult all mixed up especially when he heard Ha Rin’s answer. So he stood up and held on to Ha Rin’s wrist tightly.

 

“Yah! What do you want from me?” Ha Rin asked angrily with that Key hold on to Ha Rin’s right wrist tightly too.

 

“We.Have.To.Talk.” Doojoon said saying every word clearly.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

---