Another Party?

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play this song: Be Happy – SNSD]

 

 

Nobody’s POV

 

After all the stress, hectic schedules for rehearsals and not having the time to be in lessons. Now, it’s time for them to catch up a lot on the lessons they’ve missed on most all of their academic subjects.

 

They’re now on their second break looking troubled and worried about all the catching up they have to do. Ha Rin’s having troubles with Music theory so Key’s sitting beside her to help. Onew is sitting on Ha Rin’s other side and he’s helping Taemin in ICT as usual as he did some advance reading every night so it’s not that hard for him. Jonghyun, Min Young and Minho are helping each other out in Maths.

 

“Aisshh! Why does this have to be so complicated?!” Ha Rin said loudly and sighed in frustration.

 

“Its okay Ha Rin! You’ll get this. Just try and think of notes that sum up the value given to get the answer.” Key explained again.

 

“But—“

 

“Ha Rin-ah, just listen to Key and concentrate more.” Onew said and Ha Rin just frowned trying to answer the questions.

 

“You should be concentrating too Taemin. You have to get the formulas for Excel in order to pass the practical exams we’re having for ICT 3 days from now.” Onew said trying to motivate Taemin.

 

“3 DAYS?!” All of them shouted upon hearing what Onew just said about having a test in ICT. Min Young panicked and got out her ICT notebook to revise her notes and left her Maths work behind.

 

“YES! In 3 days! Aren’t you guys listening to Mr. Ahmed earlier?” Onew said.

 

“But we still have a lot of tests to do in other subjects! Can’t we ask him to move it for us?” Jonghyun asked frustrated.

 

“Not a chance hyung. You know Mr. Ahmed doesn’t so special treatment for his students.” Minho stated annoyingly.

 

All of them just kept complaining and whined about everything that’s going on about the tests, revision and more catching up they have to do on the coming days. They were interrupted when suddenly three girls were standing in front of their shade near the playground area for little kids where they usually have their breaks which already have tables and benches for them to sit and eat on.

 

“HI!”The three British girls greeted them and waved exaggeratedly. Even though the seven of them were confused they greeted back and said hi to the three girls too.

 

“OH MY GOD! The seven of you were just great during the play especially the leads Onew and Ha Rin.”One of the girls said with a high pitched voice.

 

“Uhmm, thanks but can we know who you girls are?”Onew asked politely.

 

“Wow! He really is so respectful, he seemed very kind too.”One of the girls with a blue clip and a straight hair said with awe.

 

“Names?” Jonghyun asked again.

 

“Right. I’m Stephanie. We’re all in Year 7.”The girl with a high pitched voice said.

 

“I’m Jasmine.”The girl with the straight hair said with a grin on her face.

 

“I’m Claire.”The girl with a blonde hair said.

 

“Hi! We’re—“Onew was about to say their names to the girls but he was cut off by Jasmine.

 

“No need to introduce yourselves to us! We know you from the play already and that’s why we’re here too.”Jasmine explained.

 

“Can we help you with anything girls?”Ha Rin asked kindly.

 

“Yes! We’re to ask you a few questions.”Claire said.

 

“Questions?” Taemin asked curiously.

 

“Yes. First would you give us the permission to create a fan club for all of you? It would be called ‘4ev7r Sev7n’, since you’re the only seven Koreans we have in this school. Would that be fine?” Stephanie questioned.

 

Onew and the others exchanged glances with a smile and a nod. “Sure! Thank you very much for doing this. We appreciate having you as our FANS as you call it.”Min Young said with a warm smile.

 

“No problem! We just admire your talents since you’re all older than us you’re an inspiration for us younger kids.”Jasmine stated.

 

“We have one more question for you Onew and Ha Rin.”Claire said and with this Onew and Ha Rin looked at each other with wonder and waited for someone to ask what question that was.

 

“Okay, are you guys together? If you are, that’s great! You’re chemistry was just undeniable. We even came up with a couple name for you, ‘OnRin’ this we’ll be included on the fan club we’re doing for all of you.”Stephanie asked and clarified.

 

As Stephanie was talking after asking what the question was Onew and Ha Rin, together with the others have decided not to tell them that they’re together because they don’t trust them fully and the girls might go on telling other people until one of the teachers find out. They would be in big trouble because being a couple like Onew and Ha Rin are now, is not allowed in their school.

 

“No they’re not together. All of us are just great friends.”Key was the one who answered.

 

“Awww! That’s a shame! But we’re still keeping your ‘OnRin’ couple name as one of the topics and couples on your fan club and your fan site.” Jasmine said.

 

“No problem girls! Its all up to you. Thank you again for everything.”Minho said with a smile.

 

“Its nothing! Don’t worry, you’re fan club will grow and have more members and fans like us without you knowing. From now on, we’ll support everything you do! We hope to see you all on the stage again soon. Thank you for your time! We’ll go now.”Stephanie said, and with that the three girls walked off giggling amongst themselves.

 

“FANS?!” The seven of them shouted in unison seeing the three girls are far from where their shade was already.

 

They laughed for a while and Min Young was the first one to stop and said, “I can’t believe something like this exists in a country like this. I thought only us Asians have this ‘FANS’ and ‘FANCLUBS’ stuff.” Min Young continued laughing.

 

“You’re right! And take note, after all the years we’ve been to this school this is the first time something like this happened.” Taemin declared.

 

“I know! At least we can say that all our hard work on that play paid off after all right?” Key said proudly.

 

“Okay, back to school work everyone. We have to think about a way on how to cope on all these catching up and revisions we have to do right?” Minho asked determinedly.

 

“Yeah! Minho’s right. We’ve talked about the FANS thing anyways, now its time to get serious about academics stuff.” Onew said.

 

“So what are we going to do?” Ha Rin asked.

 

“I’ve got something in mind. Why don’t we just help each other out? Like what we’re doing now, since we kind of all have the same subjects anyway right? We may be here in our bench during break times but I’m guessing we would always be in front of our books studying or maybe somewhere else if you really want to focus and be alone for a while right?” Jonghyun said in conclusion to their catching up problems.

 

Everyone agreed and nodded in response. “Wow! Nice one hyung. We could do that, besides we’re doing all these because our MOCKS*our coming in a few months from now so we have to be prepared.” Key said.

 

“Right! So we know what to do. Now its time for us to go to our lesson, we have Music next so let’s go.” Onew said and stood up and the others did too.

 

As they were walking on their way to their lesson which is Music the seven of them have their own thoughts in their minds.

 

‘I have to organize my timetable for revision tonight, especially now that we’ve got a plan it wouldn’t be that hard.’ Onew thought about how he would balance his time.

 

‘Gaining popularity? Wow!~ That’s a first time for me! I wonder what it feels like, but I have to concentrate on my studies too.’ Ha Rin thought who still couldn’t believe all these are happening to her.

 

‘OnRin? What a funny couple name!’ Key thought and chuckled to himself.

 

‘Onew oppa and Ha Rin got their own couple name now. When will I have mine with my prince charming?’ Min Young thought dreamingly.

 

‘Wow! Now I’ll get the chance to feel how to be famous again. Not only am I admired back in Korea but here too! I’m just born to be popular, that’s why.’ Jonghyun thought confidently.

 

‘I hope we can get through the academics stuff like what we did in our play. This is going to be tough for all of us.’ Minho thought troubled.

 

‘I have to get my head focused on that formulas, I have to work harder this time. Having to catch up on a lot of things is stressful too.’ Taemin thought panicky.

 

After having all these thoughts on their way, they’ve finally arrived to their Music lesson finding their Music teacher Ms. Stanley smiling brightly at them.

 

“Hi Ms. Stanley!”They greeted her all together as they stand behind their chairs.

[Sitting Arrangement: Key (By the window)-Ha Rin-Min Young-Onew-Jonghyun-Taemin-Minho (Near the door)]

 

“Hello to you my dear lovely and talented students. You may sit down.”Ms. Stanley commanded in a kind way.

 

“Thanks Ms. Stanley! We wouldn’t be that good without your help though so we thank YOU for being patient with us even if we messed up sometimes.” Ha Rin said smiling thankfully.

 

“That’s nothing. Anyway, catching up’s difficult huh?”Ms. Stanley asked them with concern.

 

“Yes. Very.”Minho said and sighed afterwards and sulked on his seat.

 

“Well, enough of your troubled and exhausted faces and cheer up, with the news that I have might bring those frowns into a smile.”Ms. Stanley said cheerfully.

 

“What is it Miss?”Min Young asked excitedly.

 

“Well, as you know the seven of you have been the talk of the school because of what they’ve seen during the showing of our play, include some of the teachers too! In fact make that MOST of the teachers, including our Academics Head and our Pastoral Head so you should be proud of yourselves.”Ms. Stanley began saying with a smile.

 

“Are we in trouble Miss?”Key asked worriedly.

 

“No! No! Of course you’re not. They’ve even requested something for you guys to do, with my help of course.” Ms. Stanley stated.

 

With this, Ha Rin and her friends’ faces began to think about what really the news was about and Ms. Stanley noticed this so she said, “They want us to have a ‘Winter Mini-Concert’ because they were aware that the seven of you took Music they wanted us to do something like this because they realized that the students want to see the seven of you again on stage performing. However, this time would be different. It will be yours only not with all the other people around. Only the seven of you will perform, and I’ll take this as your practical exam for your MOCKS too. And I know you would as when and where we’ll be performing so I’ll tell you, its on a Thursday night on our last week of school before we all have our Christmas holidays on December and it will be held on the small hall. There would be tickets for this of course and the money that we’ll get will be given to our school’s charity fund. Isn’t that good news?!” Ms. Stanley said and asked what their thoughts about it are.

 

“COOL!~ A CONCERT JUST FOR US!”Jonghyun said loudly.

 

“Are we going to do it?”Ms. Stanley asked them with hope in her voice.

 

“OF COURSE WE WILL!~”They said quickly looking eager and excited at the same time.

 

“But what are we going to sing Miss?” Onew asked confused.

 

“Now that you’ve asked, I’ll tell you. The whole Music Department has decided to have 2 pairs who would sing a duet. And we’ve talked about these pairs and the song that you’ll be singing. We want it to be a duet between a guy and a girl of course, that’s why we have 2 pairs the remaining 3 students would go solo in this. Our first pair would be Key and Ha Rin and they’ll be singing ‘I’m Yours by Jason Mraz’.”Ms. Stanley said and gave the music sheet in between Key and Ha Rin. When they knew that they’re paired, they smiled and each other and looked at the music sheet together.

 

‘A duet with Key oppa this time may be it would be better if I was paired with Onew oppa since we’ve sang together on a duet before it wouldn’t be so hard for us now but the decision isn’t with me so I have to get along with this. Also, I’m assuming Key oppa would prefer Min Young unnie as her partner than me because he likes her. ’ Ha Rin thought.

 

‘I wonder what Ha Rin thinks about our duet, maybe she would still chose Onew hyung than me if we have a choice though.’ Key thought.

 

 “Onew and Min Young would be our second pair and they’ll be singing ‘Realize by Colbie Cailat’. Jonghyun would be singing ‘Incomplete’, Minho you’d be singing ‘Solo by I.Y.A.Z.’ as for our Taemin they loved how you played the piano really well so instead of singing you’d be playing a piano piece which is ‘River Flows In You’.”Ms. Stanley continued and ended it by giving Taemin his music sheet.

 

‘It’s such a shame that I wouldn’t get to sing with Ha Rin again, but its okay cause at least she’ll be singing with Key. Her singing with anyone of us would be okay for me since we’re all friends but singing with her again would be sweet. I got Min Young as my partner anyways, and besides even if Ha Rin and I are a couple we can’t always be the one paired, at least we can say that we’re a versatile perform and can be with anyone to perform with on stage.’ Onew thought positively.

 

‘Cool! I get to impress girls with this song using my voice with my high and just so amazing vocals,  more popularity for me and my friends coming through!!’ Jonghyun thought while looking at his music sheet.

 

‘This is such a perfect song just for me. Solo.’ Minho thought and flipped through the music sheet of his song.

 

‘Awesome! I can play the piano again and this song would be difficult because my teacher taught me this before back in Korea when I was still a kid. I still have to practice though, to make this perfect.’ Taemin thought smiling confidently.

 

“One more thing, you’ll be the one in charge on how you would perform the song. The instrument that you would use if you’re singing, for example on Key and Ha Rin’s duet, a acoustic guitar would be the most appropriate instrument for this. And also, for our duets you and your partner will be the one to decide on how you would sing the lines of the song. For our solo singers, it wouldn’t be a problem all you have to do is practice it. We have a month before we perform this in front of everyone so our lessons would be just about you practicing for that and if you’ll need my help with anything just ask me. Is that clear?”Ms. Stanley asked.

 

They all nodded, so Ms. Stanley said, “Okay, we only have 20 minutes for this lesson so during that time you can start going through your songs. I’ll just go next door to check on something.” With that, they started looking through their music sheet again, and find their own places to rehearse.

 

“Onew oppa…” Ha Rin dropped the music sheet on the table and called for Onew’s attention.

 

‘Does she want to switch partners now?’ Key thought anxiously.

 

Ha Rin stood up and went behind Onew’s chair leaning down on him and had her chin on Onew’s shoulder. Key kept his eyes on their music sheet and tried hard not to look at Ha Rin and Onew.

 

“I’d be nice if I’ll be the one singing with you oppa.”  Ha Rin whispered on Onew’s ear so they’re the only ones who could hear it.

 

“I know. I wanted to be with you in this too but we have no choice but to go along with it right? Onew turned his head to look at Ha Rin and their faces are just a few inches away each other.

 

‘Are they going to kiss HERE?! They can’t do that! Ms. Stanley might barge in the room and see it. Aiissh!’ Key thought as he watches the couple.

 

“I guess you’re right oppa. So you’re okay with me being partnered with Key oppa then?” Ha Rin asked unsure.

 

Onew turned his face to look at Ha Rin again and said, “Of course! There wouldn’t be a problem even if you’re with anyone else, as long as I know the person. You’re fine with me being with Min Young right?” Onew asked.

 

“Absolutely! We’re like a family now oppa, aren’t we?” Ha Rin said cutely.

 

Onew kissed Ha Rin’s cheek which surprised her. Onew said, “You’re cuteness is just irresistible. Go and do work with Key while I do mine.”  Ha Rin grinned and went back to her seat beside Key.

 

Key was the only one who saw this since he was distracted by it. Min Young went to sit with Minho for a while because she wants to play around with him before doing work, Ms. Stanley wasn’t there anyways. Jonghyun started singing through it bit by bit by saying the words of the lyrics first then singing it. Taemin proceeded on playing the piano as soon as Ms. Stanley left the room.

 

 

End of Nobody’s POV

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

“Let’s start Key oppa!” I said after sitting back on my seat beside Key oppa.

 

‘I’ve talked to Onew oppa about us being paired up so there wouldn’t be any problems at all.’ I hopefully thought.

 

“Where do we begin Ha Rin?” Key oppa asked and looked at me.

 

“How about the instrument we’re going to use? Who could play the acoustic guitar?” I asked.

 

“Hmmm….” Key oppa and I both said and think to ourselves for a while.

 

“Jan!” Both of us said at the same time. ‘Wow! We still think alike huh? Right.’ I thought surprised.

 

“He would be perfect for this! He’s one of the best guitar players I know here in our school.” I stated with confidence.

 

“Yes! And I think he knows how to play this song too so that’s one advantage for us. But do you think he would say yes if we asked him to play for us?” Key oppa asked with anxiety in his voice.

 

“We can ask him that, and don’t worry too much oppa I know he’ll say yes.” I said wiggling my eyebrows and looked at our song again. ‘Jan’s a nice guy so I’m sure he wouldn’t say no to this.’ I thought.

 

“Okay. Let’s ask him together after this lesson, kwenchana?” Key oppa asked and I nodded.

 

-

-

-

-

 

It’s the end of the day again and I’m waiting for Leeteuk oppa to pick me up since I can’t walk home with Onew oppa today because he’s busy with Min Young unnie doing something about their song. Key oppa and I just have to practice for our song because we’ve already asked Jan and he said yes, although we still don’t know when we can start because we need Jan to practice with us too. But I’m sure Key oppa and I we’ll figure it out next lesson anyways.

 

“Ha Rin-ah! Get in the car, pali!” I heard Leeteuk oppa shouted and I then realized that he’s already in front of me waiting for me to go in his car.

 

I sat down on the passenger seat beside him with my seatbelt on, “Why are you hurrying me oppa?! Is there something wrong?” I asked worryingly.

 

He turned his head to look at me with a smile and said, “Nothing!~” and looked straight on the driveway.

 

 I punched his arm and said, “Aissh! You scared me!” ‘Aissh! At that moment, I really thought something bad happened!’ I sighed in relief.

 

“Aigoo! Just admit that you’re a paranoid dongsaeng! I just missed picking you up after school so I thought I’d freak you out by rushing you and you did so I win!” Leeteuk oppa said and laughed.

 

“Why aren’t you walking home with Onew? Did you break up already?” Leeteuk oppa asked who seemed to be pleased by the thought of Onew oppa and I breaking up.

 

“ANIYO! OF COURSE NOT! He’s just busy with school work so I asked Min Young unnie to text you so you could pick me up. Why? You don’t like it? Araso! Stop the car, I’ll just walk home alone.” I said as I unlock my door. ‘Revenge! You’ll freak out oppa, in 3..2..’ I thought and smirked evilly.

 

“YAH! I was just kidding! Don’t you dare go down this car PARK HA RIN! NOOO!” Leeteuk oppa shouted while holding my arms tight. ‘And he freaked out!’ I thought.

 

I laughed hard and sat straight on my seat. “SEE! You’re a paranoid too!” I stuck my tongue out and continued laughing.

Leeteuk oppa laughed with me for a while and stopped, “By the way Ha Rin, we have this company party this weekend. The company where Mia and I work and I want you to come with me.” He said more like demanded.

 

“Waeyo? That’s a party for you and your officemates only why do you want me to come? Besides I’ll be alone and I’ll just get bored if I join you, so I would say no.” I said shaking my head.

 

“Aniyo! You’ll come with Min Young too. tell her that I want you and her to come with me so I can introduce you to my colleagues at work, Thunder’s coming with us too.” Leeteuk oppa explained.

 

“But why would you introduce us to them?” I questioned him again. ‘I don’t want to go!~’ I whined in my thoughts.

 

“Would you stop whining? Our C.E.O wanted us to bring some of our family or relatives with us because he wants to know who we live and who we’re related to. Its for the company’s sake, they have to know a few things about their employees’ background too. Now I know you’ll ask why would Min Young be there even if she’s not part of our family right?” Leeteuk oppa said explaining every detail and I nodded.

 

‘Aigoo! He knew I was whining even in my thoughts? Our telepathy works all the time and he really knows me too well like how I know him.’ I thought.

 

“I want Min Young to be there so she can accompany you because I know you’ll get bored and Min Young’s kind of part of our family already.” Leeteuk oppa added as we stop in between our own houses.

 

I went out his car and he was still talking telling me what to do, “So tell Min Young tonight that she’s coming with us this weekend araso? And also, this party is formal so get your dress beforehand okay? Wear something presentable, our C.E.O’s there so we have to leave a good impression on him. Understand?” He finished his sentence with one of his eyebrows raised.

 

“Araso, araso. I get it and I’ll remember everything you’ve said. Bye now oppa, thanks for the ride home! Love you!” I said and waved my hand and went inside our house quickly before he could say anything more.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

-

-

-

 

Min Young’s POV

 

After cleaning the dishes I went straight to my room and grabbed my phone to check if I got a message and I did. It was from Ha Rin.

 

Unnie!~ Annyong!~ sorry if you’re busy and I’ve disturbed you. I just want to ask you if you want to come with us this weekend. Its Leeteuk oppa’s company party, he wants both of us to come. So can you?^^ <3

-Ha Rin <3

 

I immediately replied back after seeing the word party in her message.

 

Annyong dongsaeng!~ Kwenchana, I’m not that busy. A PARTY?! AGAIN?! YAY! SURE! I’d love to come with you!~ what should we wear for this?^^ <3

-Min Young Unnie <3

 

After a minute, I received Ha Rin’s text message.

 

You really love parties don’t you unnie? Keke! Thanks for saying yes though, I need you to keep me company. Jat least now I’ll enjoy it because you’re there too, and Thunder oppa would be coming as well! Good thing you asked, it’s a formal party of course, so we get to wear cocktail dresses. ;) Mianhe unnie but I have to go, I still have homework to do! See you in school! Thank you again! Annyong!~ ^^ <3

-Ha Rin <3

 

She replied back as quickly as I am. i didn’t reply back since she said that she’ll be doing her homework I know that I don’t need to reply back anymore. I laid down on my bed and thought about what Ha Rin told me.

 

‘Yes, I love parties since that’s one way of socializing to other people you don’t know. That’s one reason why I go to parties, but there’s another reason why. I always hope that I would meet my prince charming on these parties. Although, I still haven’t met him until now, I’m not losing my hope and I’m still waiting for the day of our meeting.’ I thought dreamingly and went to sleep.

 

End of Min Young’s POV

 

 

---

 

Author’s Note:

 

*MOCKS are practice exams that we do under the British Curriculum in order for us students to be prepared for our REAL EXAMS after finishing their IGCSE 2 YEARS COURSE. A new trivia for you guys to know!~ ^^

 

Wow!~ They’re having what they call FANS now, and as I’ve said before I’ll be writing about some of their academic stuff too, so there you have it. Oh! Key and Ha Rin are paired up for their mini-concert this time and Onew and Min Young are paired. Can Ha Rin and Onew do both their duets without each other? Would there be problems to come their way because of this? What do you think would happen to Key and Ha Rin now that they’ll be together all the time? What about the party that’s coming? Would Min Young meet her prince charming this time? Woah!~ We just have a lot of things going on in this story of mine, more things to wait for to happen. I hope you like this update and tune in for more!~ Thank you for reading!~ Love you guys!~ 파이팅♥