Real Reason

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play This Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCow9dtTi5U]

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

I woke up at 8:00 am and I can smell the food that my mom cooked for breakfast. “Hmm, now I’m hungry.” I immediately run downstairs with my PJs and sat on my chair in our dining room to eat.

 

“What’s the rush Ha Rin? Are you that hungry to come running downstairs?” My mom said, laughing at me. “You know what you’re food does to me mom, by the way, aren’t we going somewhere today? Like shopping for groceries or something?”. I asked my mom, whose busy putting plates on our table.

 

“We’re not going anywhere Ha Rin; we’re staying at home today.” My dad answered for my mom, when he came in with my brother and my sister on his side. I shrugged, and just nodded.

 

“Why Appa, Aren’t you bored staying here at home? Besides, its Saturday today we should go out and go to the mall.” My brother Soo Rin whined, I looked at him telling him to stop talking. My dad didn’t answer and just continued eating his breakfast.

 

This day might be a bad day for my dad because he wasn’t in a good mood, and to think it’s only 8 in the morning and he looked annoyed already. ‘This will be a long day’ I thought and just sighed.

 

 

-

-

-

-

 

After breakfast, I saw my mom reading a magazine in the living room. ‘Perfect! Now I can ask what’s really bothering my dad’ I thought.

 

Living Room: http://www.femaleways.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Smart-Built-In-Shelving-in-Living-Room.jpg

 

“Umma, can I ask you something?” I asked my mom nervously. She nodded, without looking at me. “What’s wrong with Appa? Why are we staying at home today? Isn’t that a bit unusual for you Umma?” I said quickly.

 

My mom dropped the magazine and sighed, she then faced me. “Yes, it’s unusual Ha Rin and yes there’s something wrong. I’m telling you this now because I know you’re old enough and you’ll understand.”

 

I just looked straight at her feeling nervous and afraid at the same time. ‘What the hell is wrong? Is someone sick? Is my Appa sick?’ I asked all these questions in my head, waiting for my mom to continue what she had to say.

 

“Your Appa is depressed and feeling frustrated right now, because he can’t find a new job after his contract finished in Russia before he came back here with us. Didn’t you notice that he’s still here with us and not working? He’s trying to save some money, that’s why we can’t go to malls and shop from now on Ha Rin. Please understand that, I hope you’re saving money for yourself too. So if you’ll need it one time you can spend it”. After my mom finished what she had to say, she started crying.

 

‘Great, now I made my mom cry because of me. My dad’s gonna be mad if he finds out that my mom cried’ I thought. I hugged my mom and said, “Araso Umma, now I understand. Don’t worry, I’ll try and save more so I can give it to you and Appa if you need it”. I stand up and went to the kitchen to get my mom a glass of water.

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

After I got my mom her glass of water, I excused myself and went to my room to do my homework while listening to music. I finished doing my homework after 3 long hours, ‘Stupid teachers, why are they giving us too much homework. Argghh!’ I angrily thought.

 

I cleaned up my room after doing my homework, I lay down on my bed and I tried to think about what my mom told me earlier. ‘Didn’t you notice that he’s still here with us and not working?’ that question bothered me.

 

Come to think of it, it’s been months since my dad had his vacation from work in Russia, and until now he’s still here with us and its weird because his vacation will normally last only for 2 weeks or a month. I just hope my dad will find a new job soon so he won’t feel depressed or frustrated. And I hope it’s a better job offer than the others he had before

-

-

-

-

 

I had a nap after doing my homework and I woke up exactly after 15 minutes, because the doorbell rang. ‘Who could that be?’ I went downstairs and I saw my mom opened the door for our visitor.

 

I ran and hugged the person when I knew who it was. “Nikki Unnie! ~ Good thing you’re here, but why are you here?” I said. She was about to say something but my mom cut her off by saying that it’s time to eat our lunch and Nikki Unnie joined us.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

No One’s POV

 

All of them ate their lunch happily because Nikki was there cracking jokes and making everyone laugh with Ha Rin, who suddenly forget about what’s bothering her because her favorite cousin or more like her sister was there. Ha Rin smiled because she saw her parents, especially her dad smiled again and laughing with their jokes too.

 

After lunch Ha Rin came up to her room with her cousin Nikki, to talk and to have their privacy. “Don’t do anything or watch anything Rated okay girls?” Ha Rin’s protective dad shouted. “We’re old enough uncle! So don’t worry about us okay?” Nikki shouted by Ha Rin’s door before closing it.

 

End of No One’s POV

 

 

Nikki’s POV

 

“Okay Ha Rin, spill it.” I simply said after closing her door. “Spill what unnie?” Ha Rin said without looking at me, while doing something with her phone.

 

 “What’s bothering you?” I asked her and sat at the edge of her queen sized bed. “Nothing unnie.” She said, without looking at me again. Now I know she’s lying and there’s something that’s really bothering her.

 

“Oh, come on Ha Rin. Don’t try and hide it by lying, I know that you’re lying to me okay? So just tell me what happened so I can help you with it. What happened?” I asked her again.

 

 She put her phone on the table next to her bed and said, “Aissh unnie! Am I that easy for you to read? And you know that I’m lying? Well, okay there’s something wrong with Appa, and it bothers me so much because I can’t do anything to help him”. She said, looking down and still not looking at me.

 

“To answer your questions first, yes you’re easy for me to read and I know that you’re lying because I saw you grew up and I’ve been there with you ever since you were born in this world. Maybe you can fool someone out there with your poor lying skills but you can’t fool me.” I chuckled. “Next time, don’t be too obvious when you lie okay? I came here because I kind of sense that there’s something in your mind that’s bothering you. What’s wrong with Uncle? Is he sick or something?” I asked her.

 

“He can’t find a job until now and he’s been looking for a job for months and he can’t still find one. It bothers me because my mom told me that he’s depressed and frustrated right now. We’re not even allowed to go to malls or eat somewhere from now on because they’re trying to save money. I hate it because my siblings are asking me too much and I can’t think of any excuse to tell them anymore. I don’t want them to worry about this because they’re too young and I know they won’t understand”. Ha Rin finished what she had to say, but now she’s frowning and look stressed too, because of all the thinking she’s doing.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, everyone goes through something like this, where you can’t find a new job after a contract has finished. It would be hard to find one, but time will come that you’re dad will find a new job again. You know how amazing and good at work your dad is right? I admire you for being a responsible noona and unnie to your siblings Ha Rin-ah. I know you and your family will go through this trial okay? So just smile and let’s hope that you’re dad will find a new job soon.” I said while hugging her, because I know my little sister needs someone to comfort her.

 

“Thanks unnie! I feel better now, I know I won’t stop thinking about it, but at least I had someone to talk to about. I’m glad that you’re here today, and I told you what the real reason is. I’m happy you’re my big sister”. Ha Rin thanked me, I’m glad I did make her feel better, and she told me what the real reason of what bothers her.

 

 

End of Nikki’s POV

 

 

 

---