Smiles

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play any High School Musical 1-3 songs]

 

 

No One’s POV

 

“This is our last showing everyone! And all the VIPs are all here to watch our performance, you’ve been doing your best all throughout the week and I appreciate that. However, you should put extra effort on doing your best tonight because we’ll be judge tonight and I’m hoping we’ll win this. We’re all in this together right?”Mrs. Milne said her final speech before the last performance of their play starts.

 

After all their rehearsals and their last 2 weeks of practicing were the most hectic week for all of them and performing for the last 4 days were both exhausting but fulfilling at the same time especially for Ha Rin and her friends considering that it’s all their first time doing a musical play like this.

 

In those 2 weeks, awkwardness between Key and Ha Rin were undeniable but the others didn’t notice it that much. But Key and Ha Rin both know that they really were uncomfortable with each other after what happened. Ha Rin and her friends are now sitting backstage waiting for the show to start.

 

Onew noticed that Ha Rin was shaking a bit beside him so he asked, “Ha Rin-ah, are you okay? Why are you shaking?” The others then looked at Ha Rin’s shaking body.

 

“I’m just nervous.” Ha Rin said, still shaking.

 

Onew held Ha Rin’s hands and said, “You don’t have to. We’ve done this a million times now, you’ll be fine.” Onew smiled but that didn’t stop Ha Rin from shaking.

 

“Yeah! Onew hyung’s right. You’ll be fine Ha Rin, don’t worry.” Taemin said encouragingly.

 

“Can you stop the shaking dongsaeng? And I think I know why you’re extra nervous now, you weren’t like this before.” Min Young stated. What she said made the 5 boys look at her with wander including Ha Rin who’s sitting beside her.

 

“You’re this nervous because your family and Leeteuk oppa’s family would be watching you tonight right?” Min Young asked and Ha Rin nodded in response.

 

“I knew it! Our telepathy works even at times like this! But you don’t have to be nervous Ha Rin, we’re all here for you and we can do this together. Just think that this will be the last one and after this we’re done with the entire rehearsals and performances okay?” Min Young said comfortingly and hugged Ha Rin and with this Ha Rin’s shaking stopped.

 

Jonghyun stood up and said, “Now that you’re alright Ha Rin, I think we have to do what we usually do before the show starts right?” All of them stood up and had their group hug and in that there would always be two or three people in between Key and Ha Rin.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

 

Leeteuk’s POV

 

The play finally started and I’m guess we’re now halfway through it. Seeing Ha Rin perform this good was just amazing and I’m really proud of her. She’s now having her duet with Onew with the song ‘Breaking Free’ and both of their voices were just romantically harmonized with each other and they really have the chemistry.

 

Their song ended and I was shocked with what I’ve just seen Onew and Ha Rin did and I can see that everyone was surprised by this most especially Ha Rin’s parents. “What the?!”I said and was about to stand up but Mia stopped me.

 

“No oppa! Sit down! It was just a kiss and its for the play anyway. Calm down and don’t ruin this for Ha Rin please?”Mia whispered to me.

 

“But—“

 

“No! Let’s just continue watching.” Mia cut me off and I kept quiet. ‘I didn’t know that they were going to kiss like that! I better ask Ha Rin later.’ I thought as I continued watching the play.

 

 

End of Leeteuk’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

“Wooohooo!!” Cheers from everyone were all I was hearing after the play finished officially. And I’m glad that we’re done with this with a good feedback from the audience, I just hope we have the chance to win first place in that interschool competition.

 

‘I wonder what my parents and Leeteuk oppa and his family thought about the kiss that Onew oppa and I did earlier.’ I thought anxiously.

 

I saw Onew oppa coming and he ran to me with a big smile on his face and hugged me. “We did it Ha Rin! Finally!” he said and even lifted me lightly.

 

“I know oppa! I’m really happy that were through with everything.” I said after he put me down on my feet and I hugged him again.

 

“YAY! I can’t wait for the after party later tonight!” Min Young unnie squealed excitedly when they came to where Onew oppa and I were standing.

 

“Attention everyone!”Mrs. Milne said loudly for everyone to hear her. All of our eyes were on her with worry and happiness at the same time.

 

“CONGRATULATIONS! All of you had your most remarkable, talented and best performances out there tonight and I’m really proud of all of you! We’ll have the results ready by next week and that’s when we’ll see if we’ve succeeded on winning this interschool competition. But for me, you are my CHAMPION so if we lose that won’t be a problem. And I just want to mention one more thing, to our leads Onew and Ha Rin thank you for doing what I’ve asked you.”Both Onew oppa and I smiled and nodded at Mrs. Milne with Onew oppa putting his arms around my shoulders.

 

Mrs. Milne continued by saying, “I don’t have any biases or favorites but I’m personally impressed by our Korean students namely Onew, Ha Rin, Key, Min Young, Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin. The 7 of you were extra excellent for me, because I know the language that we use might be harder for you since it’s different from your own language in your country considering that the 7 of you had a huge part for this play. I was surprised to see that you really did you’re best and gave your outstanding performances with all your talents. Although, I know and I’m happy to see that everyone did their job very well. YOU’RE after party’s coming next so all you better get ready and change. See you there! Good job again everyone!” She smiled and went to us Koreans one by one and hugged us each saying. “Thank you.”Or“I’m proud of you.”

 

‘I guess Mrs. Milne really liked our performance especially the 7 of us. I just hope no one would misunderstand this and hate any of us.’ I thought.

 

After Mrs. Milne was done talking to us we lounge and sit backstage to wait for a while since the changing rooms are packed by everyone.

 

“Congratulations to all of you.”Someone said which made the 7 of us turn our heads to see who it was. It was the person I was expecting to see after this show was done so I smiled as he walks closer to us.

 

“Oppa!” I greeted him and we hugged as I was sitting in between Onew oppa and Jonghyun oppa.

 

“That was your first kiss wasn’t it?” Leeteuk oppa whispered that only the two of us could hear. I punched his stomach and let go, as I let go of Leeteuk oppa I saw more people coming on our side my eyes widened and worry ran all over my body.

 

‘Uh-Oh! I hope they wouldn’t think anything malicious about the kiss that Onew oppa and I had earlier.’ I thought worriedly.

 

“I’m not the only one who came to congratulate you guys.” Leeteuk oppa said and stepped backwards to let my parents come closer to us this time.

 

“Appa… Umma…” I said softly and lowered my head. ‘I hope they’re not mad.’ I thought.

 

They hugged me tight and said, “We’re really very proud of dear. Finally! You had the guts to stand up the stage without being shy and ashamed of yourself.” They smiled at me and I smiled back and said, “Thank you.”

 

“Yeah unnie! You’re good but I’m still better than you!” I heard my little sister Kim said and stuck her tongue out at me which brought laughter to everyone and then I realized that all of them were there. Leeteuk oppa and his family, Mia unnie and my family so I thought this would be the right time to introduce my friends to them.

 

“Since you’re all here, I’ll introduce my good friends to you. This is Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin and… Key.” I said their names one by one but when it was Key oppa’s turn my voice was just a whisper and I even hesitated on mentioning him. ‘Its been 2 weeks and we’re still like this. AWKWARD.’ I thought.

 

The guys bowed and smiled, “Ahem! What about me?” Min Young unnie said and pouted. Leeteuk oppa came closer to her, pinched her cheeks and said, “Aigoo! We know who you are dongsaeng! No need for your introduction.” I laughed.

 

“Its nice to meet all of you.  I’m glad that we’ve finally met the friends of my daughter. I thank you for welcoming her here. I hope to see you all soon again! We better get going its getting late, and you have your party to go to right?” My dad said and we nodded. ‘It’s a relief that they like my friends. Thank you appa and umma.’ I thought.

 

“Right! That party! Unnie! Let’s go to my house and change.” I said and grabbed Min Young unnie closer to me. I turned to our oppadeul and said, “We’ll see you later oppadeul! Annyong!” I waved and Min Young unnie and I followed behind Leeteuk oppa and Mia unnie.

 

-

-

-

-

“UNNIE! Why are you wearing a cocktail dress?” I asked surprised to see Min Young unnie looking really elegant and beautiful with her sapphire blue dress, as we were deciding on what to wear for the after party here in my room.

 

“Aren’t we supposed to?” Min Young unnie asked looking innocent while admiring her dress.

 

“Aniyo! This party is not a formal party where you have to wear a dress like that unnie. Its just a casual party for teens like us and for god sake its in our school hall. And its just an after party for the success of our play. Didn’t you read the letter?” I said and asked her as I show her the letter from Mrs. Milne.

 

I continued and said, “Its said here that we should wear something CASUAL.” I said emphasizing the word CASUAL.

 

“Oh! I didn’t read the letter. So its like something we wear when we go out right?” I laughed and nodded.

 

After a few more arguments on what to wear we have finally decided on what to wear for the party. ‘I wonder if our oppadeul read the letter or not.’ I thought.

 

[Ha Rin’s Wearing: http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/05/965/L_p0015196505.jpg]

 

[Min Young’s Wearing: http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/43/963/L_p0015196343.jpg]

 

-

-

-

 

“Yah! You two! Listen to me first before you go in there and have fun.” Leeteuk oppa said more like demanded. Min Young unnie and I looked at him with irritation. He noticed it and said, “Don’t give me that look! I just want to remind you not to do naughty stuff in there. You’re both extra prettier tonight so there might be guys who would fool around you I just want you two to take care okay?” He said with concern in his voice.

 

“Aigoo! Yah oppa! We’re not that kind of girls and also don’t be too paranoid okay? We’re not kids anymore and thanks for the compliment by the way. Annyong! Thanks for the ride oppa! Just pick us up later okay? Both of us love you!” I said and Min Young unnie and I went out his car quickly.

 

‘Its time for us to have FUN and PARTY all night!’ I thought excitedly.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

Nobody’s POV

 

As Ha Rin and Min Young arrived at their school hall they already felt the party-like atmosphere around. Seeing that it was decorated and had been prepared for, with loud music, party lights, disco ball, a spacious dance floor and a huge stage where the sound system was, round tables and chairs for them to eat and couches to sit around were all over the hall.

 

They walked around the hall for some time to look for their oppadeul. Min Young was the one who saw them first so she shouted, “Oppadeul!” and pulled Ha Rin with her to go where the guys were standing.

 

“Oh! Min Young-ah! Ha Rin-ah! You’re finally here. We’ve been waiting for you.” Jonghyun said and walked closer to the two girls. “Wait! What’s with you two tonight? Why do you both look even more beautiful tonight? Even with your casual clothes on. Woah!~” Jonghyun added when he had a second look on Ha Rin and Min Young. The girls just giggled.

 

‘Jonghyun hyung’s right! Ha Rin’s looking very charming and beautiful at the same time tonight. Onew hyung’s really lucky to have her as his girlfriend.’ Key thought looking at Ha Rin from head to toe.

 

‘I’m fortunate enough to have her as my girlfriend. She really is beautiful.’ Onew thought admiring how Ha Rin looks.

 

“Yeah! Jonghyun hyung is right! You two should be like that everyday.” Taemin said agreeing to Jonghyun’s compliment.

 

“Yah! Stop complimenting the two of us okay? The 5 of you looked better-looking tonight too. Right Ha Rin?” Min Young said.

 

[The Boys are Wearing: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5PGprdLw77w/TM_OdEwtBBI/AAAAAAAAEOo/gcEdIYg4b6A/s1600/tumblr_laxwppbnqh1qbnchqo1_500.jpg]

 

“Yes. Very.” That’s everything Ha Rin could say in response because she’s too busy looking at how their oppadeul looks. ‘Onew oppa looks simple yet very attractive tonight. I can say that I know how to look at guys since we’re a couple now.’ Ha Rin thought and smiled as she looks at Onew.

 

Ha Rin looked at Jonghyun afterwards. ‘Jonghyun oppa looks the same as he is especially now that his naughty and bad boy kind of image is showing on what he’s wearing tonight. He could win any girl tonight if he would hit on someone.’ Ha Rin thought and smiled mischievously.

 

Minho was standing beside Jonghyun so she looked at him. ‘Minho oppa looks charismatic and mysterious as he is but with just one smile all that mysteriousness in him would go away and could melt any girl’s heart.’ Ha Rin thought.

 

As usual, Taemin would be next to his Minho hyung so it was Taemin who Ha Rin looked at next. ‘Taemin oppa looked cuter but also very manly at the same time. Any girl would be head over heels at Taemin oppa by the way he looks tonight.’ Ha Rin thought.

 

The last person Ha Rin had to look at was Key since he was beside Taemin and he was just across her. ‘Key oppa really knows how to dress his self at all times. He’s just too handsome tonight I can’t help not to stare. Min Young unnie should be pleased that she’s the girl you like.’ Ha Rin thought but it was interrupted when her eyes met with Key. ‘OMO!’ she thought, and this made her look the other way.

 

‘Was she staring at me? Or was I staring at her for too long that she noticed it so she looked at me? Aissh!’ Key wandered.

 

“Ha Rin-ah!” Onew said and snapped his fingers in front of Ha Rin’s face. Ha Rin looked at him with confusion in her eyes. “Don’t you know want to sit on the couch for the mean time?” Onew asked. Ha Rin then realized that she was spacing out and that the others were already sitting on one of the couches around the hall so she nodded in response at Onew’s question and walked towards the couch where the others were sitting and sat between Onew and Min Young and Ha Rin saw that Key was sitting across her so she looked somewhere else to avoid Key’s gaze.

 

Key on the other hand will stare at her and even Ha Rin was trying not to look at him she would still stole some glances at him.

 

‘Why can’t I stop looking at you?!’ Key and Ha Rin both thought frustrated at their own selves.

 

Key knew that he had to do something about it so he decided to join Min Young and the three boys to dance on the dance floor leaving you and Onew behind sitting close to each other with Onew’s arms around your shoulders having your alone time together.

 

 

End of Nobody’s POV

 

 

Onew’s POV

 

Ha Rin and I were sitting together here on the couch while the others went to the dance floor and I love it when we have times like these where it’s only the two of us alone. A slow song suddenly came and I thought I should ask Ha Rin to dance with me.

 

I stood up and Ha Rin looked at me with curiosity. “Ha Rin, may I have this dance?” I asked and offered my hand in front of her hoping she would say yes and take it.

 

[Play any slow song you like, either it’s an English song or a Korean song. ]

 

“I’d love to oppa!” Ha Rin gladly took my hand and stood up with a smile. We went to the dance floor and faced each other. I’ve put my hands on her waist comfortably and she had her hands around my neck.

 

I cleared my throat and said, “Have I told you that you really look beautiful tonight Ha Rin?” I said looking straight in her eyes and smiled genuinely.

 

She smiled and said, “Not yet. But now you already did so thank you oppa. I just don’t know why Min Young unnie and I get these compliments from you and our other oppadeul though. I don’t think there’s a difference on how we look tonight. Is there?” she asked as she lowered her head and tried to think about an answer to her question.

 

I chuckled and held her chin to lift her head up, “There’s no difference. You’re still as beautiful as you are since the first time I saw you. Its just that maybe tonight you’re more beautiful because you’re in a party of course everyone should prepare for it right? Look around you, everyone here looked different to you than you normally see them in school right?” I said and explained to her.

 

She nodded like a little child, she was so cute and said, “Maybe you’re right oppa. I’m not just used to go on parties like this and dress myself up for something.” She smiled and we danced as I stare at her until the song ended which I wished didn’t stop so we can stay like that as long as we want.

 

Ha Rin wanted to sit down again and rest for a bit so I let her and I stayed dancing with the others with a party song this time.

 

 

End of Onew’s POV

 

 

[Play another slow song you like, either it’s an English song or a Korean song. ]

 

 

Nobody’s POV

 

Ha Rin is now sitting on the couch again with an orange juice in her hand and relaxed for a little while. After a few minutes of sitting alone, Key arrived and sat down across her and SILENCE were between them and no one dared to speak up.

 

‘I think its time for me to talk to her. I should to talk to her first and make the move since I’m the guy and I was the one at fault anyways. I need a good timing.’ Key thought while looking at Ha Rin.

 

‘If there’s a way I could go and stand up I would but wouldn’t that be rude and it would be too obvious that I’m avoiding him. I’ll just stay here and sit quietly.’ Ha Rin thought while playing with her orange juice’s straw.

 

Ha Rin didn’t notice Key stood up when a slow song played again when she looked up she saw Key standing in front of her and it surprised her.

 

“Would you like to dance Ha Rin?” Key asked nervously. ‘Please say yes Ha Rin. This way I can talk to you without anyone and this time I’m serious.’ Key hopefully thought.

 

‘Why is he asking me to dance with him now?’ Ha Rin thought and hesitated at first but she said, “Yeah sure.” She held hands with Key and went to the dance floor with him in a corner a bit far from their couch and where only a few people were there.

 

Key put his hands around Ha Rin’s waist slowly and uneasily. He’s now waiting for Ha Rin to put her hands around his shoulders but he noticed that she was hesitant so he said, “If we’re dancing to a slow song like this you have to put your arms around my neck. Like this.” He took Ha Rin’s arms and put it around his shoulders and smiled at her.

 

There was silence between them again but they’re both tired of this so Ha Rin decided to speak up first, “So, why did you ask me to dance with you all of a sudden?” she asked not looking at Key.

 

“I want to talk to you. Aren’t you tired of us being like this for a long time now? I want to put an end to that now that’s why I asked you so we can talk alone.” Key said with sincerity.

 

“What do you want to talk about then?” Ha Rin asked pretending not to know what this is about. ‘I just want to know if you’re serious about this as I am.’ Ha Rin hopefully thought.

 

“I want to say sorry again for what I’ve done to you. Sorry for yelling at you, for scaring you and for being awkward to you this past few weeks. I didn’t meant to do all that and I know for a fact that I’ve hurt you in a way too so I’m truly really sorry for everything Ha Rin. Can we stop acting like we’re strangers to each other and be like we usually are?” Key said apologetically lifting Ha Rin’s chin for him to see her face.

 

‘Wow! An apology like that coming from Key oppa was just plainly unexpected, he really is serious about saying sorry to me. No doubt.’ Ha Rin thought still thinking through everything Key has said.

 

“What do you say Ha Rin?” Key asked impatiently.

 

“Right I’m sorry oppa, I was just thinking about what you’ve said. But anyway, now that you’ve said your apology I want to tell you mine too. I want to say sorry too, for acting so nosy and for meddling into your problems, I went overboard. I’m sorry, I was just really worried about—“

 

Ha Rin was cut off by Key putting his finger onto Ha Rin’s lips to stop her from talking. “I know, you were worried and I’m at fault for over reacting and you don’t have to apologize for anything. All I want to know is if you’re forgiving me and for us to stop all this awkwardness because I’m not used to that and I don’t like it.” Key said smiling at Ha Rin.

 

“Yes, I forgive you. I’ve forgiven you when you called me that night remember?” Ha Rin giggled. “Me too! I’m tired of all that and I don’t like it either, let’s start being ourselves around each other again and be normal.” Ha Rin added and grinned at Key.

 

“That’s great. But can I ask you one more favor Ha Rin?” Key asked. ‘We’re finally backed to normal around each other again. Thank you Ha Rin.’ Key thought contentedly.

 

“Sure! What is it oppa?” Ha Rin asked excitedly. ‘At least now I can talk to him around the others without feeling uncomfortable.’ Ha Rin thought. She was surprised by receiving a tight hug from Key. “Congratulations Ha Rin! You were just terrific and very talented during our play all through the week and during rehearsals too.” Key said. Ha Rin hugged back, “You too oppa! I’m proud of all of us, because we’ve done all this all together.” Ha Rin said and patted Key’s back.

 

‘I missed you.’ Key thought unexpectedly and didn’t let go of Ha Rin. Ha Rin didn’t realized this so they both stayed like that until the song ended. Onew and the others weren’t aware of what’s happening to Key and Ha Rin because they were the ones sat down to rest this time.

 

[Play a song you like that has the ‘PARTY’ feel in it, either it’s an English song or a Korean song. ]

 

 

A few more songs came and the 7 of them we’re together on the dance floor dancing and having fun all night. And this time, Ha Rin and Key were the ones enjoying it more because they’re okay now and all the AWKWARDNESS are gone.

 

After an hour, their after-party finally ended and they’re now outside waiting for someone to pick them up at 11:30 pm at night.

 

“That after-party was just AWESOME!!!” Jonghyun shouted overjoyed.

 

“Yeah sure! For you it was extraordinary since you’ve had girls to talk to while dancing on the dance floor.” Taemin said teasing his hyung. He received a quick smack on his head from Jonghyun afterwards.

 

“Yeah it was fun for all of us right?” Onew asked and all of them nodded with big smiles plastered on their faces. Ha Rin saw the sight of Leeteuk’s car turning on his way to where they were so she said, “I guess that’s Leeteuk oppa’s car coming so bye oppadeul!” She gave each of her oppadeul a hug starting from Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin, a longer one for Key and the last one for Onew with a kiss on his cheek.

 

Min Young gave her hugs next and then Leeteuk’s car finally arrived in front of them. “Bye girls!” The boys said in unison and Min Young and Ha Rin waved and went into Leeteuk’s car.

 

On their way to Min Young’s house to drop her off Ha Rin was silent with her thoughts after answering a few questions from Leeteuk.

 

‘Woah!~ That was the first after-party I’ve ever been to in my whole life. In fact, make that the FIRST PARTY I’ve been to since the parties I’ve been to in Korea is really different from this one and I don’t like going to parties when I was there. But after this one, it was just amazingly FUN. And who would ever think that this party would be the way for Key oppa and I to be okay again. Tonight was just fun, I really enjoyed it.’ Ha Rin thought feeling extremely happy.

 

As Key was walking with the other guys he was quiet all the way with a smile on his face on their way. ‘Thank you for this night! I’ve said sorry to Ha Rin and now that we’re okay I’ll try not to overact again next time and I’ll always be here for her no matter what happens.’ Key thought.

 

 

End of Nobody’s POV

 

 

---

 

Author’s Note:

 

Hi! Did you like this chapter? Sorry if you didn’t like it, I’m doing my best to write better as I go through the story. I want to say sorry too if you didn’t like the outfit that I have for all my characters in their after-party part. Thank you for reading!~ ♥