Man To Man

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

Song – Clenching my fists tight – BEAST

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin and her family were having their breakfast happily but Ha Rin wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone yet after what Doojoon and she had talked about last night. She’s still affected about it so she can’t look at Doojoon.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, you’ll be the one to send Doojoon off at the airport later okay? You’ll come with your Nikki unnie.” Ha Rin’s dad said.

 

“But aren’t you supposed to send him off with umma and not me? I have to revise for English today dad.” Ha Rin pointed out.

 

“Ne uncle, Ha Rin can stay at home and I’ll just accompany Doojoon alone.” Nikki said as she was trying to back Ha Rin up since she knew what happened to her and Doojoon last night.

 

“No! You can revise right after sending him off, I know Doojoon would appreciate it and liked it better if you’re with him before he leaves Ha Rin. Go back here straight after so you can revise until tonight. Understand?” Ha Rin’s dad commanded.

 

Ha Rin didn’t say anything and just nodded as she continued eating her breakfast. Ha Rin knew she can’t do anything about it anymore because her dad already said so. ‘I have no choice but to go with him.’ Ha Rin thought.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

-

Taemin’s POV

 

 

I was revising for ICT all morning and I still haven’t eaten my lunch yet. This is really tiring and hard! “Aisshhh!~” I screamed out frustrated.

 

I closed my ICT book and gave up as I lay down on my bed thinking who I can talk to just to get my boredom away. I suddenly thought of someone and quickly got my phone to dial her number.

 

After a few rings, she picked up. “Yobeoseyo?”

 

“Ha Rin-ah!!~ How are you?” I asked her on the other line.

 

“Oh! Taemin oppa! Its you, I’m fine. You?” Ha Rin said and she sounded upset.

 

“Are you okay Ha Rin?” I asked her worriedly.

 

“Ha Rin-ah! Come now! We’re going in 10 minutes and there are a lot of things we still have to do before we go to the airport.” I heard Nikki noona told Ha Rin this and my eyes widened.

 

‘She’s going somewhere? Perhaps back in Korea with Doojoon?!’ I thought surprised.

 

“Oppa! I have to go now, mianhe! Annyong!~” Ha Rin said quickly and hung up.

 

‘OMO! Eotteoke? If she’s going back to Korea with Doojoon, what will happen to Key hyung? I bet he doesn’t know anything yet, I have to tell him now. Good thing I know where to find him.’ I thought and ran out of my house to find Key hyung.

 

 

End of Taemin’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

Key’s POV

 

 

We were having our group study here in my house and it’s strange that Taemin isn’t coming here yet. ‘Where could that kid be?’ I thought.

 

“HYUNG!” Taemin screamed as she barged in my house catching his breath, I assumed he ran from his house to mine.

 

“What’s up Taemin?” Minho asked him.

 

“Ha Rin…” Taemin said and stayed standing wiping his sweat.

 

“What’s with Ha Rin?” I asked him worriedly. ‘Did something bad happen to her?’ I wandered panicking.

 

“SHE’S LEAVING WITH DOOJOON TO COME BACK IN KOREA TODAY!” Taemin cried out as he sat down. Everyone’s eyes widened and mine too from shock.

 

“That’s impossible! She didn’t tell me that she’s leaving so she won’t, I know it.” I said trying to argue my point with all of them.

 

“But what if it’s true that she’s leaving, aren’t you going to try and stop her?” Minho asked me and I began to think.

 

“Minho’s right. Are you just going to let her go now?” Jonghyun hyung added. I stayed silent because I didn’t know what to think about first. ‘Is she really going to leave me and go with Doojoon?’ I thought sadly.

 

“YAH! What are we all waiting for? We have a plane to catch, let’s go! Go! Go!” Onew hyung said and tossed his car keys at Jonghyun hyung as they all ran out of my house.

 

Onew hyung stopped when he realized that I wasn’t moving from my seat. “Aren’t you coming with us Key?” He asked me.

 

“What if she’s really leaving with Doojoon because she still loves him and she chose him instead of me?” I asked him disappointedly.

 

“I don’t think so Key, isn’t that the reason why we’re going to the airport right now? It’s to stop her from leaving and from choosing Doojoon.” Onew hyung said and dragged me outside my house with him.

 

‘I can’t let you chose him Ha Rin!’ I thought as we’re now on our way to the airport.

 

 

End of Key’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

We arrived at the airport just in time for Doojoon to check-in his luggage so we’re just staying with him for awhile before we go home because my dad told us to accompany him first.

 

I was standing in front of Doojoon as he said he needs to talk to me for one last time before he go as Nikki unnie let us have our privacy so she stayed seated as she played with her iPad.

 

“What else do we have to talk about?” I asked Doojoon.

 

“I just want to ask you again if you’re coming with me or not, if you’re coming then I know our second chance will happen when we get back but if you’re not then I’ll let you go.” Doojoon said sincerely holding both of my hands.

 

“I—“

 

“STOP!!!” Five familiar voices boomed inside the airport. When I turned my head to see who they are, I was right, Onew, Key, Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin oppadeul.

 

“Oppadeul, what are you doing here? And why were you screaming?” I asked them as they approached me and Doojoon.

 

“We’re stopping you from leaving with Doojoon! You can’t go back to Korea with him Ha Rin, you just can’t.” Taemin oppa said with pleading eyes.

 

I was confused and I met Key oppa’s eyes so I looked at him still confused. “I’m not leaving, who told you that I would? Doojoon’s the only one who’s leaving today. We’re just here to send him off because my parents can’t. I won’t leave you.” I said that but the last sentence was really for Key oppa.

 

When they heard that, they smacked the head of Taemin oppa all at the same time. “You kids, let them talk for a while okay. Come here!” Nikki unnie said and dragged the five of them with her.

 

“Where were we before we were rudely interrupted by them?” Doojoon asked coldly.

 

“Yah! Leave them alone okay, they’re my friends. The second chance that you were talking about won’t happen anymore, I just told them I won’t be leaving so that’s my answer. I’m sorry Doojoon.” I said truthfully and apologized.

 

“No need to apologize Ha Rin, I’ll let you go happily because I know that there’s someone out there who would love, care and protect you more than I do. So I know you’ll be happier here. Just promise me that we can still be friends and when you come back in Korea, you’ll still talk to me. Okay?” Doojoon said genuinely, with that Doojoon hugged me tightly for the last time and I hugged back.

 

*Flight to Seoul, South Korea is now boarding. Please proceed to Gate 7. Thank you*

 

“That’s my cue! Good bye Ha Rin, take care okay?” Doojoon said and began walking to Gate 7. He turned around, “Nikki noona! Take care of yourself and take care of Ha Rin for me. Thank you for everything!~” Doojoon screamed and smiled at Nikki unnie.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

Key’s POV

 

“Now Doojoon’s really out of the game, you won it Key.” Jonghyun hyung whispered to me as he was standing beside me as Ha Rin watched Doojoon go I then remembered my conversation with Doojoon yesterday.

 

 

--FLASHBACK—

 

 

I was revising for ICT when suddenly my phone rang with an unknown number, I answered it quickly since I thought it might be an emergency.

 

“Yobeoseyo?”

 

“Key?” The person from the other line said.

 

“Yes it’s me, who’s this?”

 

“It’s Doojoon. Let’s meet up here at the coffee shop near the grocery store right now.” Doojoon said.

 

“Fine, I’m coming.” I said and hung up.

 

-

-

-

 

“What do you want from me?” I asked him coldly when I arrived at the coffee shop.

 

“Yah, I’m not here for a fight okay? But if you’re asking for it then fine!” Doojoon said and stood up from his seat.

 

“Nah!~ Forget it, fighting with you isn’t worth it. Just tell me why you called me to meet you here.” I said coldly.

 

“Its about Ha Rin.” Doojoon said in a serious tone and I myself soften up when I heard Ha Rin’s name.

 

“What about her?” I asked.

 

“I’m leaving tomorrow, and I know that you like her and maybe you love her as much as I do, I’m asking you now, are you willing to protect her and not hurt her?” Doojoon asked still in his serious mode.

 

“Of course I won’t hurt her, I’ll protect her even if you don’t ask me. I’m not a jerk like you, who just hurt her feelings.” I said.

 

“Yes, I know and I’ve regretted that. Do you know why I’ve asked her a second chance and had that stupid game with you?” Doojoon asked me. I stayed silent and just waited for him to continue.

 

“I was too confident I thought I can get her back in just one snap but that didn’t happen. I’ve hurt her too much that’s why she can’t love me back as much as I love her now. It’s my entire fault, now that I’m leaving tomorrow I don’t know if I can let her go.” Doojoon explained.

 

“But you have no choice but to let her go, you know that she doesn’t love you anymore so why still hold onto her?” I asked him.

 

“Yes, I will let her go because I know she loves someone else now and I trust him to love Ha Rin and take good care of her. Do you know who that guy is?” Doojoon asked me smiling half-heartedly.

 

“Who?”

 

“Its you, you idiot!” Doojoon said and sighed.

 

“How did you know that she loves me?” I asked seriously but inside I’m really happy to be able to hear this even it was from Doojoon.

 

“Well, figure that out yourself. It’s not for me to tell you that, you’re relationship with Ha Rin is your business not mine. But I just want to tell you, don’t rush her about her feelings it’ll just confuse her. And promise me that you will NEVER hurt her and love her with all your heart and even your life okay? If you hurt her and make her cry I’ll come back here and punch you to death.” Doojoon said and threatened.

 

“No need to come back here, just stay in Korea and don’t get in between me and Ha Rin ever again. It’s a man to man promise, don’t worry.” I said and with that he stood up.

 

“Okay cool, I have to go. I’m with Ha Rin and her mom in the grocery store they might notice that I’m not with them anymore. So see you Key!” Doojoon said and walked out the coffee shop.

 

‘I’m glad we had this talk Doojoon.’ I thought as I walked back home.

 

 

--END OF FLASHBACK—

 

 

End Of Key’s POV

 

 

---