Best For Everyone

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9LSaWPoFz0&feature=related]

 

 

 

Nobody’s POV

 

 

Weeks have passed and now they’re just one day away from their Winter Mini-Concert. Everyone in the Music department is rushing for more rehearsals to be done and the staff would be out and about the whole school and in and out of the small hall.

 

Ha Rin and her friends are very busy inside the small hall rehearsing the whole program over and over again to have a wonderful concert to show everyone tomorrow night. Ha Rin and Onew haven’t talked to each other for a long time ever since Ha Rin didn’t come with Onew to walk home before. Not only because of that but they’re both occupied with their studies and other school activities including their Mini Concert.

 

On the other hand, Ha Rin and Key would always be together because of rehearsals and now that they’re closer they’re more comfortable with each other. Although one thing that Ha Rin noticed was her Min Young unnie. She feels that she’s being sneaky and very secretive from her after the party of Leeteuk’s company. Ha Rin’s reasons on concluding this are: Smiling out of nowhere, Spacing out? Always busy during the weekends? But every time Ha Rin would ask Min Young she’ll say things like, “It’s nothing”, or “I’m just busy studying.” Ha Rin would just nod and keep quiet but she was never satisfied from Min Young’s answers.

 

 

 

End of Nobody’s POV

 

 

 

 

Onew’s POV

 

 

We’re all here inside the small hall rehearsing for tomorrow’s concert and I just finished singing my duet with Min Young since we’ll be going first tomorrow night. On stage were Key and Ha Rin singing their own duet ‘I’m Yours’.

 

As I was watching them sing to each other. They would stare at each other’s eyes full of emotion and seeing them makes me feel that they really looked like they’re the couple and not Ha Rin and I. I know they have to perform with so much emotion since their song is like a love song. Both of their singing has an effect on me and they just perform really well together. With Ha Rin’s sweet voice blending with Key’s skilled voice, it’s just amazing.  

 

Their performance made me realize a few things about my relationship with Ha Rin, and I think today’s the right time for us to straight things out. I’ll talk to her after school later today.

 

“Ha Rin-ah! I’ll come to your house tomorrow morning since we’re not coming to school tomorrow to rest and prepare for our concert that night. Araso?” Key yelled enough for me to hear from where I was sitting after finishing their rehearsal on stage.

 

-

-

-

-

 

I ran near the school gate to see Ha Rin standing beside a bench waiting for her cousin to pick her up. ‘Good timing! Her cousin isn’t here yet.’ I thought.

 

I came up to her and said, “Ha Rin-ah, can we talk?” She nodded and sat on the bench. Fortunately, all the teachers and students already went home. It’s only me and her left here.

 

 

End of Onew’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

I sat on the bench and waited for Onew oppa to speak up as he sat beside me. ‘This is awkward.’ I thought.

 

“So… Ha Rin-ah, I think we have to talk about our relationship.” Onew oppa said and made me faced him. ‘He’s right, we have to talk now.’ I thought in agreement.

 

“Yeah, I think we should.” I said looking at him waiting for him to say something again.

 

“I think its not working out anymore. We have to stop this. After the school play, and then this concert came up we hardly even have time for each other. Our studies and other school activities came together at once. We have to focus on different things now, so I just thought it would be the best for all of us especially for both of us to just stop this and just be friends don’t you think?” Onew oppa finished his statement and I was just there staring blankly at something not knowing what to say and trying to think through what he said.

 

“Ha Rin-ah? Mianhe. I really am sorry, this is also hard for me because you’re special to me. Very special and I don’t want you to get hurt but if we continue on our relationship the pain that we’ll give each other would be worse at the end.” Onew oppa said with honesty in his voice.

 

I breathed in and out and finally thought about what to say. “You know what oppa, you’re right. We should stop this now and just stay friends, friends meaning we’ll still be okay and be happy around each other. We’ve been friends for so long and I don’t want to lose you as my friend too. Right?” I let out a small smile. ‘Thanks for having the courage to talk to me first oppa.’ I thought.

 

“Really? So you’re not mad at me and we’ll stay friends?” He asked me again for reassurance and I nodded. He hugged me tight and said, “Thank you Ha Rin, I hope we’ll be happy even if we’re not a couple anymore.” I pulled away and stood up.

 

“I guess I’ll be walking home alone today. Teukie oppa can’t pick me up today, I just received a message from him.” I lied. The truth is, from the minute Onew oppa asked me if we can talk I secretly texted Leeteuk oppa that I would be walking with some of my friends home. I just figured we’d be talking about this and now I need my time alone to think.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to walk you home?” Onew oppa asked with concern.

 

“No need. Don’t worry, I can go home by myself, I’m strong! Annyong!~” I said and walked off away from Onew oppa before he could say anything else to stop me.

 

-

-

-

-

 

As I was walking home, only a few more steps away. I thought about what to do next after my break-up with Onew oppa. I was already hurt twice because of having to be in a relationship and I don’t think I would want another break up for the third time.

 

Maybe, now’s not the right time for me to be in a relationship yet. I’ll stop thinking about feelings and love for someone else now and just focused on my studies. Besides, studying was the reason why we’re here with my dad right now. I then realized I was already crying in the middle of the streets so I wiped it all away immediately.

 

After realizing this, Key oppa popped into my mind. Maybe I’m not really feeling anything for him. Maybe it’s just pure friendship, and I just said I won’t think about feelings and love for someone. Key oppa and I are just friends, same goes to my other oppadeul and that includes my new oppa, Jaejoong.

 

-

-

-

-

 

I was awake by my phone’s ringtone. Before answering I checked the time and its already 8:00 am. The students who would be performing for the mini-concert are exempted from school today in order for us to rest in the morning.

 

I answered my phone half-awake not even bothered to look who called me.

 

Me: Yeoboseyo? *Yawn*

???: Did I wake you up little cutie?

Me: Jaejoong oppa?!

 

After knowing who the caller was I sat up straight on my bed with widened eyes because of shock. ‘Why would he call me up so early in the morning?’

 

Jaejoong: Yah! Why did you sound so surprised? Aren’t happy to hear my voice again?

Me: Yes I am surprised. Why did you call me up so early?

Jaejoong: Well, I thought today you should pay me up for owing me last time at the party. Remember?

Me: Right. But don’t you have work today? And how did you know that I’m not in school today huh? Are you stalking me or something? *Raised eyebrow*

Jaejoong: Yes I have work but I’m not there yet and I could just spend the day with you if I want to. And about me knowing you’re not in school, well I have my ways. *Laughing*

Me: What ways? Yah! Tell me!!

Jaejoong: Aissh! You’re yelling at me again, I knew it from Leeteuk hyung he mentioned something about your concert thingy. All I’m asking you is if you’re free today so I can annoy you all day. Are you? *Hopeful*

Me: Mianhe for yelling oppa but I don’t think today would be a good time though. My friend’s coming here at my house and he’ll be here at any time this morning. Let’s just go some other time okay? Mianhe.

Jaejoong: Fine! But wait, did you just say HE?! You’re friend that’s coming there today in your house is a guy?! Who’s he?! *Furious*

Me: YAH! You’re destroying my ear now! Yes! He’s a guy and he’s coming here because we have to rehearse for the concert tonight.

Jaejoong: Ah!~ Mianhe little cutie. Okay, have fun rehearsing. I’ll just go to the office then. Bye!~

 

I hang up and said, “What a LOUD phone conversation that was!” I lay down on my bed again. Yes, Jaejoong oppa and I are closer now, after the party a few weeks ago he would text or call me whenever he’s not busy with work just to ask how I’m doing, but we’re just friends. And from the very first time I never thought of us being more than that. Especially with the realizations I had last night? I don’t think I’ll be involved in a relationship again.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

Key’s POV

 

“It's your God-forsaken right to be love, love, love, loved, love, loved~”I sang through the last line of my part and Ha Rin should be singing her part after mine but there she was spacing out again looking sad and upset.

 

I stopped and nudged her but she didn’t seemed to noticed and just stayed still. “YAH! PARK HA RIN!~” I yelled so loud that made her jump from her seat.

 

“Oppa! Why are you shouting?” She said quietly. Luckily her siblings are in school and her dad is at work. We’re here with her mom busily cooking in the kitchen. I’ve been here in her house a few times now because of our rehearsals together or with Jan with us sometimes. Her parents allowed us to practice our song but just stay in the living room where they can see us.

 

“What’s wrong with you? You’re supposed to sing your part already. You’ve been looking very upset and sad ever since we started 30 minutes ago. Is something bothering you?” I asked her worriedly.

 

“Its nothing oppa. Mianhe if I’ve been slacking off today.” Ha Rin apologized and lowered her head.

 

I’m not convinced with this so I asked her again. “No, you’re not okay Ha Rin. I can see it, tell me what’s bothering you please?” I pleaded.

 

She began crying and explained to me everything that happened. Now I know why, Onew hyung and she broke up last night. I hugged her for comfort, and suddenly thought about why they broke up.


“Wait, is this because of me and our pairing for this mini-concert?” I asked him with much anxiety as I pulled away from her.

 

She shook her head, “No of course not oppa. We broke up because we both decided to and we know that it’s what’s best for us to do anyway. It’ll be best not only for the two of us but for all of us.” She said and wiped her tears.

 

We had one run through the song again and we decided to stop all the practicing and just watch a movie so we did. ‘I just hope I cheered her up today. Just be strong Ha Rin, I believe that you’ll be fine. I’ll be here for you, all of us we’ll be here for you and Onew hyung.’ I thought wistfully.

 

 

End of Key’s POV

 

 

---