New Year Rival

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

Play the song: Wishlist -- APink

 

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

“Happy New Year Everyone!~” Ha Rin’s dad greeted as they cheered their wine glasses together with Leeteuk’s family in their house.

 

They ate their lunch together as one big happy family being able to celebrate the new year together. After having their special and very delicious but healthy lunch, they had asked the maids to clean the table. Ha Rin and Leeteuk’s parents are in the dining table having their own talk. The teenagers went to the living room and sat on the couch together.

 

“So, how’s revising going Ha Rin?” Thunder asked Ha Rin as she was sitting beside him.

 

“Do we always have to talk about Ha Rin and her revision?” Nikki whined being fed up about the question. Ha Rin just laughed and stayed silent.

 

“Is there something wrong dongsaeng?” Leeteuk asked Ha Rin as she noticed her not looking so good.

 

“Nothing, nothing’s wrong.” Ha Rin lied and tried to hide it by getting a magazine and flipped the pages quickly.

 

“Oh come on!~” Ha Rin’s three cousins cooed in unison and had a don’t-lie-to-me look on their faces.

 

“What?” Ha Rin said trying to pretend she doesn’t get what they were trying to say.

 

“Just tell us.” Thunder said.

 

“Fine! I can never win among you three! Aigoo! I’m just scared, that’s all.” Ha Rin said simply.

 

“About your upcoming exams?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“About the New Year coming our way?” Thunder asked nudging Ha Rin’s shoulders.

 

“Or about your ‘STALKER’?” Nikki asked teasingly. Ha Rin widened her eyes at her unnie because her oppadeul especially Leeteuk doesn’t know anything about it yet. Nikki just covered with her hands immediately.

 

“What stalker?” Leeteuk and Thunder asked irritated and looked at Ha Rin.

 

“Its no one oppadeul. Don’t worry and stop freaking out okay?” Ha Rin said as she felt that anger from her oppadeul’s faces are boiling up.

 

“No! tell us!” Thunder demanded.

 

“Fine! Someone texted me a few nights ago, but its from an unknown number so I didn’t reply and just left it like that.” Ha Rin said as Leeteuk searched for Ha Rin’s phone in her pocket and read the message.

 

“Ooohh!~ it really is like a stalker.” Leeteuk joked and smirked mischievously.

 

“Fine. Let’s leave it at that, I don’t really like talking about it because it creeps me out.” Ha Rin said as she cringed.

 

“You’re back to school tomorrow Ha Rin-ah, we’ll be here to pick you up tomorrow morning. You too Nikki, you’ll be riding with us because we’ll drop you off to your new office.” Leeteuk said as they went out the door and Ha Rin and Nikki just nodded at their oppa’s reminders for tomorrow.

 

“See you tomorrow oppadeul! Annyong!~” Ha Rin waved goodbye at Leeteuk and Thunder as they drove off to spend the day with their girlfriends.

 

“Yah! Ha Rin-ah, why not spend the rest of the day with your ‘Key oppa’?~” Nikki taunted at Ha Rin as they went up the stairs to their room.

 

“He’s spending the day with his family, he already told me we can’t spend the day together. So I’ll just relax since it’s the first day back in school tomorrow.” Ha Rin said in a matter of fact tone.

 

“Right, so you guys really talked about spending the day together huh? What about your other oppadeul, Jonghyun? And Min Young too?” Nikki questioned Ha Rin.

 

“Jonghyun oppa? is there something going on between you two? Min Young unnie’s with Yunho oppa’s family because Yunho oppa introduced Min Young unnie to his family formally. My other oppadeul are with their families too, it’s a new year remember? We’re supposed to be with our families.” Ha Rin stated.

 

“Fine! Let’s just relax, I have to prepare for my first day too anyways.” Nikki said and grabbed her bag.

 

-

-

-

 

“UNNIE!!!~ PALI!! Leeteuk oppa doesn’t want late comers so come on! He doesn’t like it if we’re making him wait!” Ha Rin screamed from downstairs as she saw Leeteuk’s car waiting outside their gate already.

 

“I’m coming~” Nikki said as she ran down the stairs and out the house.

 

-

-

 

“Oppadeul! Unnie!” Ha Rin yelled as she ran to where her friends are.

 

“Annyong!~” They said in unison upon seeing Ha Rin.

 

“Why are we all so tensed up? Did something happen?” Ha Rin said as she looked at Key.

 

“Nothing, we’re just nervous about our exams later. Aren’t you?” Jonghyun answered.

 

“Of course I am nervous but it won’t help if we keep on feeling like that, we know we’ve revised enough and just stay positive while we take the exams.” Ha Rin advised and smiled.

 

“Group hug?” Onew suggested, and with that they formed a circle and hugged each other tightly for good luck.

 

“Ahem!”They broke off when they heard someone coughed just near them. They turned and smiled immediately.

 

“Do you remember us?”The girl asked with worry.

 

“Of course we do! You’re Jasmine, Claire and Stephanie right?”Minho said and smiled.

 

“But I can see that you girls grew, it’s like three form groups in one.”Taemin said as he noticed more girls standing behind them with some boys too.

 

“Yes we did! We’re the whole year 7 of the school, we’re actually 30 students and we’re all in your fans club. Since we’ve recruited more people, and some more joined us right after you’re mini concert.”Claire explained.

 

“WOW! That’s awesome!”Jonghyun exclaimed in surprise.

 

“Thank you for admiring us. But is there something we can do for you?”Onew asked politely.

 

“Actually, we want to ask you questions again.”Stephanie said seriously. Ha Rin and her friends kept quiet and Key looked at Ha Rin as they were standing beside each other. “I think I know what its about.” Key whispered at Ha Rin’s ear softly.

 

“We heard that you and Ha Rin broke up already?”Stephanie asked Onew. With that Onew glanced at Ha Rin and Ha Rin nodded in his direction.

 

“See! It’s about you and Onew hyung again.” Key whispered at Ha Rin again.

 

“Honestly, yes we broke up already but we’re still friends.”Onew said genuinely with a warm smile.

 

“That’s kind of obvious since we can see that you’re still in one group.”Claire said.

 

“One more question, Key and Ha Rin are you two dating now?”Claire added, as some girls raised a poster with a picture of them together with ‘HarKey/KeyRin’ above it.

 

Key and Ha Rin just looked at each other and didn’t know what to say about the question because they don’t know what the status of their relationship is is now. Their friends noticed this, “No ones dating anyone, as of now we’re just really good friends like a family.”Jonghyun spoke up and answered for Ha Rin and Key. They looked at Jonghyun thankfully, and smiled.

 

“Right, okay. But we’re supporting you two!”Jasmine cheered. Key and Ha Rin grinned at her.

 

“You said no ones dating anyone right? But we’re positive that Min Young has a boyfriend already, its true right?”Stephanie asked.

 

“Yes, but he’s not from our school.” Min Young said. “And no one knows him except for me and my friends.”Min Young added.

 

“Okay, fair enough. We appreciate the time you have for us to answer our questions. It’s for us and for your official fan page to know and to be updated with everything you do.”Claire said in a leader tone.

 

“One last thing, GOOD LUCK on your exams!”Jasmine said and all of them pump their fists up for good luck and support. Ha Rin and her friends smiled and bowed at them as the students walked off whispering amongst themselves.

 

“Well that’s just like an interview, Aigoo!~” Taemin said and sighed.

 

“More like a press conference.” Minho said and laughed.

 

*TO ALL YEAR 10 STUDENTS, PLEASE GO TO S BLOCK FOR OUR ASSEMBLY.*

 

“I guess we have to go, Kaja!” Key stated as they walked to S Block and prepared for their exams.

 

-

-

 

“So, what do you think about our English and Maths exam today Ha Rin-ah?” Key asked Ha Rin as he accompanies her while she waits for Leeteuk.

 

“It was okay, but in Maths I’m not sure, you know how much I hate Maths oppa.” Ha Rin said and laughed. “How about you oppa, how do you feel?” Ha Rin added.

 

“Me? Well, I guess I did well on both.” Key bragged. Ha Rin just laughed at him and pinched his cheeks.

 

“Ow! What was that for?” Key said as he rubbed his red cheeks.

 

“There you go again with you’re diva attitude.” Ha Rin said and sighed.

 

Key pouted, “That’s one of the reasons why you love me right?” Key asked and Ha Rin didn’t answer and pretended not to hear Key and just kept smiling looking straight into the air.

 

‘Maybe?’ Ha Rin thought and hid her blushing face.

 

Right then, Leeteuk’s car arrived and Ha Rin waited for her Leeteuk oppa to greet Key first before going inside the car. Instead, Leeteuk slid down the window, “YAH! Come on, we have to leave quickly, someone’s waiting for us at the airport.” Leeteuk said and with that Ha Rin went inside the car without even saying goodbye to Key.

 

‘Airport? Who could it be this time? Perhaps, another rival or one of their relatives?’ Key wondered as he walked his way home.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

---