Make This Work

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5axZCEQPRo&p=1AC721E3FA53E785&index=14&feature=BF]

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

“My family and I are leaving in 2 weeks, and we can consider this as our farewell dinner. I found a job and the offer was great. This time, my family will be with me, it’s in London, my wife’s sister helped me to get a job too so we’ll be living there.” My dad said.

 

‘Leaving?! In 2 weeks?! NOO!’ I thought angrily. “Whaaat?! We’re leaving and you didn’t even tell me? I’m not going with you, I’ll stay here.” I said, I looked at Doojoon Oppa who looked shocked and I ran to my room, that announcement ruined everything.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

Nikki’s POV

 

When Ha Rin ran upstairs I saw Doojoon approaching the stairs, “Don’t Doojoon, give her some time. She’ll be fine, I’ll talk to her don’t worry. You can go home with your parents if you want to”. I stopped him, with that our dinner finished with Ha Rin’s parents apologizing to Doojoon’s family because of how Ha Rin reacted and walked out on us. ‘I hope she’s fine.’ I thought.

 

“Auntie, don’t you think you should talk to Ha Rin now? So you can explain things to her, she’s shocked and confused right now so please explain it to her in a way that you know she’ll understand you better.” I told Ha Rin’s mom. She nodded and went upstairs to Ha Rin’s room.

 

End of Nikki’s POV

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

I hugged the bear that Doojoon Oppa gave me and I buried my face on it crying, because until now I can’t believe what my dad just told us earlier.

 

After a while, I heard a knock on my door. “WHOEVER YOU ARE, I’M NOT TALKING TO YOU!” I yelled.

 

Then I heard my door opened and it was my mom who came in. ‘Aiissh, I forgot to lock the door! Stupid!’ I thought. “What do you want Umma? Do you want me to pack now, well if that’s what you want I won’t do it because I’m not going with you, I’m staying here”. I said, as I let more tears fell down my already swollen eyes.

 

“No dear, I know that you’re shocked right now and I understand that—”

 

 “Then why are you here in my room mom? To lecture me with something?” I cut my mom off.

 

“Let me finish with what I have to say Ha Rin please? I’ll let you talk after”. I just nodded.

 

“Ha Rin, this is the job that you’re dad waited for a long time and now that he can have it, he accepted it immediately. Your dad wanted us to come with him this time so we can all be together, there are a lot of benefits that involves us, and your school fee would be free and everything there are all for free, the company would be paying for it. All we have to pay for is our food, then that’s it. You’ll get the chance to go to a British International School dear, and not everyone gets a chance to go to a school like that. At least you can travel to a different country and experience a new environment and a new life for you. I know you have to leave everyone here but that doesn’t mean that you’re not coming back and you’re not going to talk to them anymore right? You’re worrying about Doojoon too right? You thought I don’t know huh? Ha Rin, you’re my daughter. Of course I know that you like Doojoon and he’s special to you, and he treats you the same. But its not the end for you two, you’re still young , you can still meet other people but of course your special relationship with him depends but I know you two we’ll remain friends. Please come with us Ha Rin, it would be different without you there with us.” My mom smiled and finally finished what she had to say. I couldn’t say anything so I just nodded and she left my room after.

 

I think going there wouldn’t be so bad after all, now I have to talk to Doojoon Oppa so we can talk about what will happen to our relationship now that I have to leave him.

 

-

-

-

-

-

I woke up with my eyes swollen and my parents have decided that I’m not going to school anymore because we have to focus on getting all the requirements done in 2 weeks before our flight. Yes, I’ve decided to come with them and not argue with them about it. I just have to do everything that’s need to be done before I go. I’ll text Doojoon Oppa so we can meet up and talk about everything today.

 

-Doojoon Oppa! Annyong!~ Are you busy today after school? If you’re not can you come to our house so we can talk? But if you’re busy we can talk some other time. Take Care.

--Ha Rin <3

 

I waited for his text and he replied after 5 minutes.

 

-Hey! Sure, I’ll come to your house later. See you!^^

--Doojoon Oppa <3

 

-

-

-

 

“Ha Rin-ah! Doojoon’s here already, come!” I heard my mom shouted from downstairs. “Just tell him to come up here mom. Don’t worry, we won’t do anything, we’ll just talk.” I shouted back loud enough for them to hear me.

 

I noticed my door opened and I saw Doojoon Oppa standing by my door.

 

“Hey” he simply said.

 

“Hi Oppa! I missed you!” I ran to him and hugged him tight. He hesitated at first but he hugged me back too.

 

“So Oppa, how was school today, still stressful huh?” I asked him nicely with a smile.

 

“Boring, you know why, because you’re not there. Why aren’t you in school anyways? Are you sick?” he touched my forehead to see if I was sick but I wasn’t so he’s shaking his head to indicate it as a no.

 

“Well oppa, about that, that’s one of the things we have to talk about today, that’s why I asked you to come here today.”

 

He kept silent so I decided to go on with what I’m about to say. “I’m not going to school anymore until we leave oppa. We have a lot of things to do before we leave in 2 weeks”.

 

“So you’ve decided to leave with them?” he asked me, showing no anger at all.

 

“Yeah, but aren’t you mad at me, don’t you realize that if I go with them I’ll leave you. Are you going to let me go that easily?” I yelled, feeling disappointed because I thought he’ll be mad and he’ll tell me to stay.

 

“Hey, relax okay? Your parents might hear us and they might think we’re doing strange things again. I’m not mad at you, why would I be mad? No, I’m not letting you go that easy, because I will never let you go jagiya…”

 

“But Oppa…” I tried to say something but he put a finger on my lips to shut me up.

 

“Don’t talk, I’m not done yet.” I nodded and I let him continue with what he had to say. “Ha Rin, I’m not mad because I understand that you have to go, I thought about it after our dinner and this is an opportunity for you too. I’ll be too selfish if I’ll let you stay here for my benefit, so yes you can go and I know this will be hard for the two of us because we’ll have a long distance relationship but we’ll make it work and as I’ve said I will never let you go. That’s how much I love you Ha Rin, so don’t worry about me anymore okay? Let’s just spend all the time we have left happily.” He smiled and hugged me.

 

“Thank you oppa, I promise you I’ll never give up on us. But can you promise me one thing?”

 

“Yeah, sure, what is it?”

 

“Can you promise me that you’ll wait for me and be faithful to me while I’m gone?” I asked him hoping he’ll say the answer that I want to hear.

 

“Yes, I will jagiya. I’ll wait for you even if it’ll take you forever to come back here I’ll still wait and be faithful to you.” He said. I smiled because I got the answer that I wanted to hear.

 

‘We’ll make this work together.’ I thought.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

---