Time For Myself

A New Life That Comes With Love

 

[Play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cv3phvP8Ro]

 

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

I dialed Nikki Unnie’s number and I waited for her to pick up, and she did after a couple of rings.

 

--PHONE CONVERSATION--

 

Ha Rin: Unnie! What’s wrong? Did something bad happen to you? Are you alright? Tell me.

Nikki: Aniyo, it’s not me. I’m fine and I miss you a lot.

Ha Rin: I miss you too unnie, if it’s not you then what’s wrong?

Nikki: It’s about Doojoon… I don’t know how to say this in a way that you won’t get hurt dongsaeng but…

Ha Rin: What is it unnie?! Just tell me?!

Nikki: Okay, I saw him today near your school and I saw him holding hands with someone on their way home. I think the girl is his new girlfriend dongsaeng. I’m sorry.

Ha Rin: *CRYING* Andwae unnie! That will never happen! Maybe it’s someone else not Doojoon, you might be mistaken.

Nikki: No Ha Rin, I’m pretty sure that it was him, I swear. Don’t cry Ha Rin, stop. Even I didn’t expect this to happen. I thought he would be faithful to you till the end, but we can’t do anything about it now right? Just move on, just think that there are a lot more guys you’ll meet and they’ll be much better than Doojoon. I promise you, you’ll get over this. Be strong Ha Rin.

Ha Rin: Okay, maybe you’re right unnie. Thank you, I’ll go now, bye!

 

--END OF PHONE CONVERSATION--

 

I hung up the phone instantly because I couldn’t believe what I just heard from Nikki unnie. ‘Doojoon oppa how can you do this to me?! You told me that we’ll make this work and you will never leave me, but why did you cheat on me?! Am I not good enough for you?! Did I do something wrong for me to deserve this kind of feeling?!’ I asked all these questions to myself while crying my heart out to take out all the pain I’m feeling.

 

Maybe Nikki unnie’s right, I should move on and forget about him, he’s not worth it. I’ll keep myself busy with school work and spend a lot of time with my friends here. I know, I’ll be happier because I have them. I just hope this is as easy as I think it is. I just kept on crying until I fell asleep that night.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

Leeteuk’s POV

 

Ha Rin was earlier today, which was strange for me, she’s always late and I’ll be waiting for her to come out from their house but now it’s different. I kept thinking as I drive Ha Rin to her school. I looked at her and I saw how swollen her eyes are, ‘Did she cry last night?’ I asked myself.

 

“Ha Rin, what’s wrong with you today? Are you sick?” I asked her and touched her forehead but she wasn’t sick.

 

“I’m fine oppa.” She said without looking at me. ‘Something’s wrong.’ I thought.

 

I stopped the car in front of her school and she went out the car quickly and waved bye to me without even saying a word. ‘What happened to her last night?’ I asked myself, as I tried to think of a reason.

 

End of Leeteuk’s POV

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

I’m sitting quietly on Leeteuk oppa’s car while looking down so he won’t notice my swollen eyes. But I failed when he looked at me and asked, “Ha Rin, what’s wrong with you today? Are you sick?” he touched my forehead to check if I’m sick.

 

I said, “I’m fine oppa.” Without looking at him, so he won’t know that I’m lying to him. ‘Of course, something’s wrong.’ I thought and remembered what Nikki Unnie had told me last night. I tried to hold back my tears, and after a few minutes we arrive my school and I went out on Leeteuk Oppa’s car quickly and waved bye to him without saying a word.

 

-

-

-

“Hyung, do we have a test on ICT today? If we do, I didn’t revise for it, I was busy doing something else all night.” Taemin oppa asked Onew oppa, whose busy reading our ICT textbook.

 

“Dancing again? Yah! LEE TAEMIN, you have to balance your time with your dancing and school you know, or else you’ll fail.” Onew oppa lectured Taemin oppa, and they started arguing about studying. They didn’t even see me standing beside Min Young unnie, and we just watch them arguing about it.

 

“Hey, Ha Rin! How are you? Are you okay? You don’t look fine, what’s wrong with your eyes? Did you cry last night?” Jonghyun oppa came and stood beside me and asked all these questions to me with a sign of worry in his voice. ‘Omo! I didn’t think he would notice it.’ I thought.

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

Key’s POV

 

I was playing with Minho’s PSP when I saw Ha Rin standing with Min Young at the corner of my eyes. I looked at her for a minute and I can’t help but to look at her eyes. ‘Her eyes are swollen? She cried last night, and I’m guessing she cried all night.’ I wondered.

 

My thoughts were interrupted when Minho nudged my shoulder telling me to focus on my game on his PSP. I continued playing, when I saw Jonghyun hyung standing beside Ha Rin and asked her, “Hey, Ha Rin! How are you? Are you okay? You don’t look fine, what’s wrong with you eyes? Did you cry last night?” Ha Rin just smiled and said that nothing’s wrong. ‘Even Jonghyun hyung noticed it. ‘I told myself.

 

End of Key’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

Onew’s POV

 

We’re all on our ICT lesson and Mr. Ahmed gave us a surprise quiz about input and output devices with some questions about backing storage media too. I was sitting across Ha Rin, and I can see that she’s not feeling well today, her head is on the table with her hands and she keeps on touching her forehead. ‘Is she sick?’ I worriedly thought.

 

“Ms. Park! Are you listening to me? We’re about to have a quiz and you still don’t have your pen on your hand. If you won’t pay attention to my lesson and fail this quiz you can leave now”.Mr. Ahmed told Ha Rin off, in front of the whole class, she’ll feel embarrassed now. ‘What’s wrong with her, she’s been like this since yesterday.’ I thought as I felt sorry for her.

 

“Sorry sir, I’ll focus now.”Ha Rin quickly answered as she gets her pen in her bag.

 

I finished the quiz after 20 minutes and I handed my paper to Mr. Ahmed, as I waited for the lesson to end on my chair, I watched Ha Rin while doing the quiz and she seemed to be having a hard time on answering it just like Taemin who looked like he gave up on answering it because he’s now doing hand movements which is I presume is part of his dance moves too.

-

-

-

The lesson ended, and Ha Rin was the last one to leave the room because Mr. Ahmed wanted to talk to her. So, I waited for her to come out and asked the others to go first to eat their break.

 

“What did he say to you Ha Rin?” I asked Ha Rin as we walk outside the building.

 

“Nothing, he just asked me why I acted like that in lesson earlier.”

 

“I’d like to know why too, what’s wrong with you? You’ve been acting weird lately, and you’re getting worse especially today.” I stopped walking, and I hold her hand so we can talk.

 

“Nothing oppa, I promise. I’m fine, I’m just feeling a bit under the weather today. Let’s go now, I’m hungry.” She said and quickly ran off.

 

‘I hope that’s the only reason Ha Rin.’ I thought and followed Ha Rin to where the others were sitting.

 

End of Onew’s POV

 

-

-

-

-

Min Young’s POV

 

Ha Rin has been acting more strange today, and we’re all worried about her. I can see that, Onew Oppa and Jonghyun Oppa would always ask questions like these to her:

 

“Ha Rin-ah, are you sure you’re okay? Do you want me to accompany you to the nurse?” Jonghyun oppa would ask sweetly but still has this worried tone in him.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, please tell me what’s really bothering you, why are you like this?” Onew oppa would ask her, he really wants to know why Ha Rin is acting like this.

 

Taemin oppa would ask how she is in his undeniably cute voice and would try to act cute just to see Ha Rin smile, but Ha Rin would just pinch his cheeks and quickly look away.

 

Minho oppa is worried about her too, because he tried and let Ha Rin play with his PSP, which he won’t normally do because he wants to play with it all by himself. I haven’t had the chance to play with it myself yet, he would let me play but for just a very short time. Ha Rin didn’t want to play with it and pretended that she’s busy with something.

 

On the other hand, Key oppa didn’t ask or bother Ha Rin about what’s happening to her. He would stay quiet while the 5 of us would ask Ha Rin and try to cheer her up. But even though he’s not doing anything I saw him staring at Ha Rin a couple of times with concern and wonder in his eyes.

 

I asked her at the end of the day while we were waiting for her cousin to arrive and pick her up.

 

“Dongsaeng, what the hell is wrong with you? Tell me honestly, we’re the only ones here now so you can tell me.”

 

“Unnie, I keep on telling you and the guys that I’m alright and nothing’s wrong with me, why do you keep on asking all these stupid questions ever since this morning?!” Ha Rin shouted at me annoyed. Leeteuk oppa’s car arrived out of the blue, and a tear escaped Ha Rin’s eyes as she went inside the car.

 

End of Min Young’s POV

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

I unexpectedly shouted at Min Young unnie, because I was tired of all their questions. Leeteuk oppa suddenly arrived and it was a good timing for me. I quickly wiped my tears away and went inside the car, I didn’t say anything on our way back home.

 

“Thanks oppa, bye.” I thanked and waved goodbye to Leeteuk oppa. I was about to get out of his car but he hold on to my wrist so I sat and looked at him.

 

“Ha Rin-ah, I know something is bothering you, I don’t know why but next time, we’ll sit and talk about it okay?” I simply nodded and went out.

 

I went straight to my room without greeting my mom and my dad. I locked my door and started crying. I felt guilty for everything that I’ve done to my friends and to Leeteuk oppa today. “Min Young unnie, Oppa-deul, and Leeteuk oppa mianheyo, I’m sorry for lying to all of you. I appreciate all the worries and concern, but nothing’s working out for me now. I need time for myself.” I said to myself out loud as I cried again all night.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

---