Nichkhun's reason

Sun Love


Author’s POV





*knock knock* 


Yongbae walked towards the main door of Dara’s suite. Yongbae, together with Teddy and Kush, stayed with Dara to fix everything that would be left out here. Dara will sell their properties here in Manila and has no plans to stay here any longer so she has assigned Ji Suk her bodyguard to find buyers. 

“What are you doing here?” Yongbae asked raising an eyebrow upon seeing Nichkhun on their doorway. 

“Yongbae-ah who is… OH HELL NO I’M GOING TO KICK YOU IN THE YOU SON OF A ” Teddy shouted running towards the door. Kush who saw Nichkhun ran after him and restrained him while Yongbae was blocking Teddy’s way to protect Nichkhun. 

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?” Dara screamed from behind. She and Ji Suk just arrived and saw the chaos outside her suite. 

She looked at Nichkhun who was paler than usual. Yoona and Victoria was behind him looking scared of Teddy whom the two others are still restraining. 

“What are you doing here? I know this is your hotel but don’t worry we’re leaving in a few hours and I can pay for our stay.” Dara said glaring at Nichkhun. 

“Dara, please listen to Nich? Just hear him out.” Yoona said stepping forward. 

“WHAT THE IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HUH? YOU ING BASTARD AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO BOM? YONGBAE-AH STOP BLOCKING ME I WANT TO KILL THAT ING IDIOT!” Teddy said full of rage, Ji Suk is now helping Yongbae and Kush calm him down. 

“Oppa, calm down. Let me handle this. Let’s not talk here, let’s go to the garden restaurant. Yongbae join us?” Dara said turning around and headed towards the elevator. Yongbae, Nich, Yoona and Victoria followed her while the boys dragged Teddy inside the suite before he creates more chaos. 


-- 

“So what do you want to talk about?” Dara asked as soon as they settled into the restaurant.  They were at the garden restaurant of the hotel, Dara was staring at the fishes swimming around the pond surrounding the restaurant she personally picked a public place to restrain herself from beating up Nichkhun. Yongbae was sitting beside her holding her hand while Yoona, Nich and Victoria sat across the table from them. 

She knows Bom has her fault also by almost stopping the wedding but she still feels angry to Nichkhun for humiliating her Unnie. She guess it’s human nature to feel that way since it was a family member that he hurt. 

“Dara, please understand.” Nich pleaded holding back the tears. Yongbae clenched his hand into a fist he wanted so badly to punch this guy. Top had to go through hell because of him and just when his Hyung has given up Nich was just going to dump her just like that. 

“Nich how can I understand? I don’t even know what is really happening? All I know is I woke up yesterday to get dressed for a wedding and then when I went to bed my Unnie was on a plane back to Korea crying her heart out because the wedding turned sour. Now please enlighten me so I can understand.” 

“I’m in love with someone else.” Nich blurted making Dara more annoyed.  Yongbae shook his head and straightened up his position, he can’t believe this guy has the nerve to say this in front of their face. 

“Nich..” Yoona cut him off but Nich shook his head. 

“I want her to hear it from me. When I met your Unnie, I fell for her right away. Don’t get me wrong I never went behind her back from the 4 years we have been together. When we went to Korea I felt that there was something wrong. That there was a change on her but I didn’t know what, I thought that she was just stressing over your work and the wedding preps and all. When I got back from Korea I met up with my old childhood friend and uhm well feelings resurfaced.” Nich explained glancing from Dara to Yoona to Victoria. 

“Then why didn’t you tell Noona before the wedding?” Yongbae said gritting his teeth, he was restraining himself from jumping to the next table to beat the life out of this guy. 

“Because I wasn’t sure about my feelings and I thought that I was just missing Bom a lot.” Nich explained trying not to cry. Yoona is now crying beside her brother. 

“So you thought that it would be much better to stop it right there, in front of the altar, in front of everyone. That it was ok to humiliate my Unnie because you weren’t sure of your feelings before?” Dara said her eyes full of rage. 

“Stop it Dara. You don’t understand.” Yoona blurted crying. 

“You’re right I don’t understand. You know I feel like a hypocrite here because when Unnie had the cold feet we were also preparing in case she backed out but damnit I never expected this from you Nich. She was ready to give up everything for you and you didn’t have the decency to spare her from humiliation?” Dara said tears filling up her eyes. 

“I’m sorry Dara, but when we were at the altar and I saw how beautiful she was I thought I made the right choice. That I was were I was meant to be. But as the ceremony came near to the exchanging of vows I just couldn’t get myself to say I do. I’m sorry I know I’m a bastard but I’m sorry.” Nichkhun said tears falling across his cheeks. “Something happened between me and that friend while Bom was in Korea, and I only found out that she was pregnant on the day of the wedding.” 

“WHAT?!?” Both Dara and Yongbae exclaimed upon hearing what Nich revealed. Yongbae stood up and grabbed the collar of Nichkhun. 

“YOU SON OF A !” Yongbae said and was about to punch Nich  but Victoria stood in between them. 

“No please. Let’s calm down. Please.” Victoria pleaded. Yongbae wanted to hurt him so badly but he didn’t want to hurt the girls as well. 

“Nich…” Yoona tried to speak but her brother stopped her. 

“So Nich, why am I here? What exactly do you want from me? Not forgiveness I suppose because you must be kidding yourself if that’s what you wanted.” Dara replied shaking her head and smirking. 

“Let’s go Dara. We’re wasting our time here.” Yongbae said holding Dara’s hand, Dara stood up and started to leave but Nich grabbed her free hand stopping her. 

“Wait, I asked you to come here so I can tell you. So that when she asks she will have the answer. So that she’ll be able to move on and be happy.” Nich said tears flowing from his eyes. 

Dara pulled her hand away and continued to walk, this time tears are running down from her cheeks. She tightened her grip on Yongbae’s hand as the two of them entered the hotel lobby and headed to the elevator. 


-- 

“Why did you lie?” Yoona asked crying while Victoria comforted her friend. 

“I had no choice. I know if Bom learned that truth she will never let me stop that wedding. She would rather give up her own happiness than hurt me.” Nich sighed wiping the tears from his cheeks. 

“But Nich, what about you?” Victoria asked placing her hand on top of Nich’s. 

“I will be ok.” Nich said staring at the fishes that were swimming in the pond. 


-flashback- 

The night before the wedding Nich’s suite. 


“Oh crap, where the hell is my phone?” Nich searched the pockets of his pants and shirt. “Must’ve left it at Bom’s place.” He grabbed his master key and went downstairs towards his fiancee’s suite. 



He entered the room and saw his phone by the couch when he heard Bom’s uncle’s voice by the balcony. 


“Bommie, how could you sacrifice even your own happiness?” 


Nich stepped closer to hear what they were talking about. 

“Because I’m not sure if what I’m feeling for Seunghyun is real or is it just the feeling of guilt of never really ending it properly with him. How could a person get married with a person but have feelings for another? I don’t have the answer for that. All I know is Nich is the right choice. He has always been there. He did everything Seunghyun didn’t. This feelings well, they’re just feelings. They will go away.” 


Nichkhun peeked a little from the blinds and suddenly saw Bom kneeling in front of her uncle. 

“Please don’t judge me Uncle. Please don’t be mad. I feel like a bad person for turning my back on Seunghyun and getting married.” He heard Bom say while crying hard. 


His breathing became heavy as if he was suffocating. He walked fast towards the door but heard voices coming out of the elevator that he ran towards the fire exit and hid behind the wall. 

“Oh! Why is this open? Aish…” He heard Dara say. He peeked to see who was with her and saw Top and Yongbae following her inside. 


Nichkhun couldn’t breathe, tears won’t stop falling from his eyes, he wanted to run away from this place. Is he being selfish for letting Bom marry him even if he knows that she also love someone else? 


He went upstairs and headed towards his parent’s room, he banged on the door startling the people inside. 

“Nich?” Yoona opened the door and was surprised to see her brother crying. “What’s wrong? What happened?” 


“Where’s dad?” Nich said walking pass his sister and headed towards the suite’s lounge to look for his dad. Nich’s parents were in the lounge and got startled upon seeing Nich’s state. 


“Dad, I can’t go on with the marriage. I just can’t.” Nich said crying while slumping himself on the couch and burying his face on his hand. 


“WHAT?!?” Yoona and her mom exclaimed. 


“You two go to the bedroom and me and Nich will talk this through.” Nich’s dad said ordering the two woman to leave them alone. 


Nich and his dad went to the balcony and sat in front of each other while drinking brandy. 

“Just call it off Nich. I’ve been telling you that ever since you told me what happened in Korea. You’re not just hurting yourself but tormenting Bom as well. I’m surprised she’s really going through with this. I don’t know if she’s stupid or she’s just that unselfish.” Nich’s dad said. 


Yes. He knew what happened in Korea because Nichkhun told him everything. He advised his son before to not go on with the wedding but the young one wanted to try. They thought everything will change once Bom gets back in Manila and that maybe it was just a feeling since Top and Bom didn’t really have a proper break-up. 

The old man can’t help being hurt seeing his oldest son breaking like this. “Nich, I told you this might happen if only you had listened.” He told his son. He has kept quiet about this and didn’t tell anyone even his wife as requested by their son. Now he feels like an idiot for tolerating his sons wish. He should’ve stepped in before ending up like this. 

“The wedding tomorrow continues.” Nich finally answered removing his hands from his face. 

“What? But Nich, Bom, you guys will just forever be hurting if you get married.” His father explained sipping on his brandy. 

“The wedding continues but I will stop it there.” Nich said looking far away. 

“What? Are you out of your mind? Do you know how many prominent people will be there tomorrow? Plus do you know there will be Korean businessmen there! Not to mention the sister of the President of the country. Nich this is going too far. I cannot let you humiliate our family like this.” Nich’s father said shaking his heand. 

“Dad please? She owes me at least this one. If we call it off now it would still be the talk of the town. If I end it there at least everyone will see it.” Nich pleaded. 

The old man sighed. His son is protecting his ego. Well, that’s the only thing left he can protect because for sure they can’t protect his heart this time. It will break into pieces and even a father does not know what to do to comfort him with this situation. 

“Ok.” The senior said. “We proceed with the wedding. Now fix yourself up your mother is worried.” 

-end of flashback- 



-- 


Dara, Yongbae, Teddy and Kush are getting ready to leave the hotel when Dara saw the box on top of the table. 

“Aish… why didn’t I give it to him awhile ago?” Dara muttered. The three boys looked at her wondering what she was talking about. “You guys go ahead downstairs. I’ll meet you guys up at the lobby. I just need to give this to Nich.” Dara said waving the box where the engagement ring is placed. 


“We’ll come with you.” Teddy said fixing his jacket. 

“Ani. You and Kush go ahead I’ll be the one to accompany Dara.” Yongbae interjected. He knows Teddy might blow up again once he sees Nichkhun. 

“No worries. I’m fine now. I’m calm and I’m glad we’re going back to Korea so don’t worry I’m not going to punch that bastard on his face.” Teddy said raising his two hands up. 

“Yeah we’ll just go together.” Kush said pushing the up button on the elevator. 

-- 


Meanwhile in Nich’s room… 


Victoria got a glass of water from the kitchen and was headed towards the bedroom where Yoona was watching tv. 

“Where’s Yoona?” Nich asked as they bump into each other at the lounge he just finished taking a shower after his swim and was only wearing a towel on top of his boxers 

“She’s at the other room watching TV.” Victoria said walking towards where her best friend is when they heard a knock on the door. 

“Can you get that?” Nich asked heading towards the kitchen and got a glass of water. 

Victoria opened the door and froze upon seeing the 4 people in front of her. 


“Victoria who is it?” Nich peeked and got surprised seeing Dara, Yongbae, Teddy and Kush all shocked from seeing Victoria. 

“YOU SON OF A !” Yongbae shouted walking pass Victoria and ran towards Nich and punched him. 

Kush ran after Yongbae and pulled him away. 

“Dara, let’s go, let’s go.” Teddy said pulling Dara making her drop the box. 

Kush was dragging Yongbae who looked like he had gone mad. The four of them entered the elevator and left for good. 


“What was that? Nich! What happened you’re bleeding?” Yoona asked  helping his brother up while Victoria picked something up from outside their suite. 

“What happened?” Yoona asked her friend while his brother kept quiet. 

Victoria walked up to Yoona and handed her the box of the engagement ring. 






Author’s note: 


So… so… so… hi everyone… poor Nichkhun… He had to be the one to sacrifice this time… 

Hope you liked this chap =)