The first and final interview

Sun Love

Author’s POV 


-flashback- 

“Dara, the next question for you is… we all know that your mother left you and your dad when you were young. Did she tell you why and how did you take it?” Lee Hyori asked Dara all of a sudden. The boys stiffened and Bom eyes widened at the question. Yongbae checked Dara’s expression. “Uhm, Deh, she told me the reason and my reaction was the same as any daughter would react when their parents tell them that they’re separating. I was in denial, but then she wanted the separation badly so I turned my back and never looked back again.” Dara said calmly. 

Their live interview has been going on for about 30 minutes now and the first part was lively with a lot of childhood revelations about the boys. Dara knew this part would be opened up good thing she did prepare for it without telling anybody else. Their sitting arrangement was Yongbae was on her right while Jiyong was on her left and then Bom. Daesung, Top and Seungri were sitting on high stools behind them. 

Yongbae tried to comfort Dara by placing his left arm around her shoulders while Jiyong held Dara’s left hand. “I don’t know if you have heard this but there were rumors before that your mother had a partner and that she broke up with your father because she wanted to be with her partner.” Hyori asked bluntly, Making the other members and Bom glare at her for being so insensitive. 

“That wasn’t the reason why my mother left. Biyane, I don’t want to sound rude but I think whatever happened to my parents are part of their personal lives too. I won’t be able to answer for the both of them, I can only answer my opinion and I don’t think I can answer your last question without my father here.” Dara said smiling at the host. “Whatever my mom’s reasons are for leaving us is for her to tell the whole nation.” 

Everyone in the audience, the hosts and including the boys are stunned at how Dara cleanly answered the question. Bom let out a little smile, she knew Dara will handle it well, they are from advertising and PR they know how to handle this kind of stuff. 

“Are you mad at your mom for leaving you?” Jae Suk asked. Dara sighed they really are trying to squeeze any juicy information from us. “Ani.” She said shaking her head. “Not even a little bit?” Hyori said pushing her to her limits.   

“Uhm, at first yes but then my dad made sure that he was both my mom and dad. If he was busy at work I went over to the office to spend time with him there. If I have affairs in school he would bring his whole staff and work with him wherever that is and made sure they participate. I guess I grew up with so much love given to me that I never actually felt that I was missing something in my life.” Dara explained calmly. 

“Did you try to reach out to her after she left? Didn’t you even wonder why she wanted to leave? Is she the reason why you left and studied abroad and then worked abroad also?” Hyori asked confused on how calm Dara was. 

“Like I said Unnie, I grew up filled with so much love around me. Whatever her reasons are it’s her choice. You see I believe in fate, if you are meant to be somewhere or be with someone no matter how much you runaway from them, you will still end up being where you’re supposed to be doing whatever you’re supposed to do.” Dara answered smiling at everyone. 

Yongbae patted her on the back telling her she did great. The others nodded in agreement. 

-end of flashback- 

*knock knock* 

Dara snapped from her daydreaming and opened her door. “Dara, Uncle is here and the boys have finished preparing dinner.” Bom said. 

The boys have decided to hang out at Dara’s suite after the interview telling her they don’t have anywhere else to go. The truth is they just don’t want to leave her alone. The topic about Dara’s mom has never been brought up by anyone ever since the woman left them. 

It wasn’t forbidden or anything but Dara never talked about her after she left and neither did YG.   




The boys were goofing around and laughing with Se7en and Teddy while YG and Jinu were discussing something while checking their tablet.   

Dara stepped out of her room following Bom towards the kitchen where Yongbae and Daesung where cooking.  When everyone noticed her they all stopped what they were doing and just stared at her. 

She approached her dad and kissed him on the cheek. “Appa.” She looked at him. “Are you ok?” YG asked him concernedly. “I’m ok I guess.” She tried to let out a smile. 


After a few minutes they all settled down to eat. YG stayed on the one end of the table while Dara at the other end.  They began eating the sumptuous meal that Yongbae and Bom has cooked for them. 

“Yongbae-ah! This is delicious! Why don’t you cook like this when it’s only us guys around?” Se7en teased Yongbae. The boys were eating carelessly as if they haven’t ate for a week. “YAH! Where are your manners?!?” Bom said tapping the table with her palm reminding the boys on their etiquettes. 

“I think you guys did great on the interview this afternoon. You did well. The feedbacks on the net are good!” Teddy told the group while passing the buns to YG.  Yongbae was staring at Dara while he was eating. 

“The fans are now teaming up Dara and Yongbae. I check it awhile ago and you now have DARAYANG.” Jinu said looking at Yongbae and then Dara., but Dara was stil fiddling  with her food. “I think the fans liked how sweet you were with Dara the whole interview Yongbae not to mention when you’re reality tv showed you cleaning up Dara’s wound.” Se7en explained passing the meat to Daesung. 




-flashback- 
“Now, You and Bom, you are really beautiful ladies, I just wanted to ask didn’t you even think of ending up with one of the boys? Or has any of the boys tried to date you before?” Yoo Jae Suk asked her. “I was wondering that too, I mean, you spend so much time together I’m sure one or two must’ve fallen from your beauties and for sure same goes with you girls to them” Lee Hyori the other host added. 

The group became silent and everyone was stiff. After a few moments of silence and not to mention THE awkwardness that surrounded them, but then Top raised his mic to answer surprising the group. “Uhm, I guess back then, we were still young and whatever feelings we have, we didn’t mind them thinking that we should focus more on our goals and dreams.” He said while the others nodded agreeing to him. 

“So are you saying that there were feelings among the girls and the boys?” Hyori asked again pushing the group and making them take the bait. “Omo! Uhm how should I say this? Well, for me, Jiyong, Yongbae and I are close because I knew them first before the others, and our interests are almost the same so with Jiyong he was my bestfriend and well Yongbae and I are really close. Both of them have been very protective with me so I can say that our love for each other is deeper since we’ve all known each other since forever, and we know each other too well, we’ve been through ups and downs and stuff like that.” Dara explained. 

“Daesung and Seungri for me they are my younger brothers who I feel like someone that I need to protect. For Top Oppa he’s well, he’s our eldest brother who protects all of us.” Dara added making the hosts and the audience understand. “Neh, for me, Since Seun- err Top Oppa and I have the same interests and our age are closer than the others that’s why we are the ones closer. Then the rest of them are my little brothers and sister that I feel protective of.” Bom explained making the group nod in agreement. 

“Omo! They really are charming, while they were explaining their side I was captivated by their smiles that I look like a babo nodding at every word they’re saying.”Jae Suk said smiling while Hyori and the rest of the group laughed at his comment. 

“Ok. But what if now, since they all have grown up they suddenly fell in love with you and they want to date you.”Hyori asked still wanting to hear some juicy story. Dara smirked at her making the others nervous. “Well Unnie, you see I think dating a Big Bang member is impossible, much more a member liking a simple girl.” Dara answered. “I would date you!” Yongbae exclaimed smiling at her shocking everyone but making his fans scream. 

Jiyong being the leader that he is, thought quickly on how to make this situation not a situation. “I would date you too Dara!” he exclaimed winking at her making the fans in the audience scream. “I’d date Bom Noona!” Seungri exclaimed high-fiving Top making his hyung smile. “Yeah I’d date Bom too.” Top said wriggling Bom’s hair. “AISH!!! Oppa!” Bom exclaimed looking behind her and saw Top sticking out his tongue to her like a child! 

“Omo! Daesung-ah you’re the only one left. If they weren’t your noona’s who would you date?” Hyori asked raising her eyebrow. “HYORI UNNIE!” Dara exclaimed before Daesung could answer making the audience go wild while the two hosts opened their mouth at what Dara had said. “NOONA!” Daesung said blushing and shaking his head. Dara turned around tried to reach for Daesung to hug him. 

“Biyane Daesung-ah! I’m just trying to make the mood light. Hyori Unnie is so serious with her questions.” Dara said giggling while Hyori smiled at her. 

-end of flashback- 

 “I’m going back to Manila.” Dara said breaking her silence still fiddling with her food. “Excuse me?” Jinu asked her again. “That would be our first and last interview. The reality show has to end also.”  She said looking up to them and saw that everyone was staring at her. 

“Dara….” Bom said softly trying to say something but she knows Dara has decided already. “Unnie, if you want to proceed to the other interviews you can I’m not stopping you. But that would be my last. I’ve booked already for a ticket to go back to Manila. I called the office and their sending a replacement.” 

“The project is 80% finished anyways. Sohee, Kyuhun and Minho can do the finishing touches. I’ve trained those guys they can do that.” Dara explained looking back at her . “Dara we have a contract with …” 

“I don’t care.” Dara cut off Jinu who was trying to explain how she can’t go. 

“So just like that you’re just going to turn your back again and leave us.” Yongbae said gritting his teeth. 

All eyes turned to Yongbae and then to Dara. 

Dara didn’t look at him but just continued staring at her food. 

“Are you even listening to me?” Yongbae said raising his voice. “Yongbae-ah!” Jiyong said trying to calm Yongbae down. 

“I lost my appetite.” Yongbae said throwing his chopsticks at the table and started to leave.  “Dara..” Jiyong called Dara as if asking permission if he can follow Yongbae. Dara nodded and a tear fell across her right cheek. 

Jiyong, Daesung, Seungri, Se7en and Teddy followed Yongbae. Top asked to stay with Dara and Bom. 

Dara stood up and went out to the balcony and sat on one of the chairs.  Then YG came out and sat beside her. Dara leaned her head on her dad's shoulder. "Appa... Biyane..." she said restraining herself from crying.
 
"Ani... it's me who should say sorry." YG said. "I shouldn't have force you to do something that you're not comfortable with. Biyane." YG said looking down on the floor while holding Dara's hand.
 
"I knew there was a possibility that they will ask about Omma. The whole night last night, I prepared myself so that I won't be caught off guard. Still, when they asked about her, i still got hurt. And I hate myself from feeling that way." Dara explained looking at her father's face.
 
 
"Dara, it's only natural to get hurt. She's your mother! Up until now I kept thinking did I do the right thing? Did I just gave up? Should I have fought for her more? The memory of that day when she told me she wanted a divorce is still fresh in my mind. I still cry myself to sleep at night during times that I miss her, I miss our family. Sometimes I wonder did I do the right thing? Was letting both of them go and do as they wish the right thing?"YG told his daughter. "I often question myself if I raised you well enough or did I abandon you in this cruel world? But today, I was so proud of you. You've become a graceful young lady. The way you managed to answer those questions even at times when I feel like the hosts wants you to have a hard time answering , you were still graceful and all smile and not to mention smart remarks. That's when I thought, yah! you did something right after all, you raised your daughter well. That's what I tell myself." YG smiled at his duaghter whose eyes are now teary eyed.
 
"Appa. Biyane. I'm leaving you again to be alone. but I hope you understand the public life is not for me." Dara sighed.
 
After about 15 minutes, YG finally broke the silence and said. "Dara.. I have never meddled with your decisions before and I will not meddle with your decision to go back to Manila. But you should talk to Yongbae. You can't act like you don't care about him just like that. You're only fooling yourself if you continue to runaway from him." 
 
 
Dara sighed. "Appa, it will ruin everything." YG shook his head. "How do you know that? You don't even want to try. Life is simple Dara, it's just  a yes or a no. A left or a right. We are the only ones complicating things. If you love someone why would you even think of letting that person go? I read this somewhere, to love is one thing, to be loved is another thing, but to be loved by someone you love is everything." YG said smiling at his daughter.
 
"Aish Appa, where do you learn this stuff? It's so mushy!!!" Dara said giggling. She knew her father was right... but ... still...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's note:
 
hi everyone! hope you like this chapter... Sorry if it's too draggy... promise to do better next time =( although i think this story is nearing its end....