Thinking Like Dara

Sun Love

Author's POV

 

Jiyong was looking for both TOP and Bom because Yongbae was sending a livestream feed from Manila. He went to the rooftop and saw Bom sitting on the top step hugging her knees and crying her heart out. What she failed to see was Top was just behind the glass door standing watching her as tears roll down his cheeks. 

 

Top saw Jiyong and shook his head signalling him not to tell her and hid himself by the wall.. Jiyong nodded and approached Bom to give her a hug. 

 

Bom sensed someone walking towards her and looked up when she saw Jiyong with his arms reaching for a hug she did not hesitate to accept it.

"Jiyong-ah...." she sobbed.

 

"Noona, what's wrong?" Jiyong asked embracing his noona while facing the glass door seeing Top hiding by the wall beside the glass door.

 

Bom couldn't answer. I can't tell him why. Bom thought to herself.

 

"Arrasso, if you can't tell. We can stay like this until you run out of tears." Jiyong said rubbing the back of Bom trying to calm her down. 

 

After a few minutes Bom's mobile rang  "Yo-yoboseo? Sohee?" she answered.

 

"Uhm Jiyong and I we were just talking about something." she said sniffing. "Neh, will go there now." 

 

"Are you ok?" Jiyong asked looking at his noona. Bom shook her head but wiped the tears that won't stop from flowing.

 

"Please don't tell anyone this. Especially Seunghyun." Bom told Jiyong as she goes down the stairs.

 

Meanwhile... Top closed his eyes and tears started to flow. You promised Seunghyun. A promise is a promise...

 

 

 

 

 

---- 
 
 
Back at Teddy's studio everybody huddled up to watch the livestream that Ji Suk was feeding. Bom sat between 
 
Jiyong and Sohee. 
 
"WOW!" Bom said in awe of how beautiful the gazebo and the pathway was. 
 
"I know right?" Sohee whispered then, the door opened and TOP entered. Bom noticed that his eyes were kinda puffy though he was wearing glasses. 
 
"Good Seunghyun you're here" Teddy said pointing an empty chair next to him. 
 
 
 
Then the music started and they saw Dara at entrance of the pathway. 
 
"OH MY GOD she looks stunning!" Gummy exclaimed hitting Daesung on the arm. "Ahh! Noona!" 
 
"It's so... It's so..." CL said trying to finish her sentence but a lump on stops her. 
 
"Romantic..." Minzy finished it for her with her hands clasped on her chest. CL, Bom, Gummy and Sohee all nodded with their eyes watery. 
 
"Tch! Girls!" Teddy shook his head smirking. 
 
"I didn't know Yongbae could pull this off." Gummy said. 
 
"He was actually very detailed when we were talking over the phone. I just had to fix the tiny details that a man 
 
tends to ignore." Bom said still not moving her gaze from the screen. 
 
 
 
 
*ring ring* 
 
Teddy's phone rang "Yoboseo? Yeah Jinu Hyung! Yeah we're watching it wait how did you know that? What? as in the 
 
whole YG building? What? Wow I guess Yongbae really wants to tell everyone huh? ok ok" 
 
Everybody looked at Teddy as he hang up "Apparently every TV in this building is showing that live feed we're 
 
watching right now." 
 
"Whoa! Hyung must really want it to be official then."Seungri said looking back at the monitor. 
 
 
"Quiet!" CL exclaimed as Dara reached the gazebo. 
 
 
Yongbae smiling: Hey 
Dara smiling back: Hey 
 
 
"awwww!!!" the girls cringed. 
 
"WHAT THE?!?! They just said hey!!!" Daesung said with a confused look. 
 
"Daesung-ah! This is what girls would say "the tiny details" For guys we will never understand but for girls even a wink can mean a thousand way" Jiyong explained. 
 
 
After a few minutes they are now watching Dara and Yongbae but the camera was a little far from them so that their conversation won't be heard. 
 
"That dinner is making me hungry." Seungri said standing up. 
 
"Where you going?" Daesung asked. "Going to get something to eat." Seungri replied. 
 
"I'm coming with you." Daesung said standing up. 
 
 
 
The two was about to leave the studio when the girls screamed and cringed again. The two turned and saw Yongbae reaching out his hand asking Dara to dance. 
 
"Ok let's eat later." Seungri said going back to their seats. 
 
 
"They look good together." Minzy said again, the girls nodded without removing their gaze at the TV. 
 
 
Yongbae: Did I make you happy? 
Dara: More than you could think off Oppa... 
 
 
"AAWWWW...." the girls said. Teddy shook his head and passed the tissue box as tears are now falling accross their cheeks. 
 
"They're oblivious to their surrounding. So romantic." CL said as they watch the two dance and stare at each other. 
 
 
 
Yongbae: Biyane Dara, I just can't let you go (kneels down)
 
 
 
 
"OMO!" the girls said covering their mouths with one hand. 
 
"OH !" the guys said surprised at what Yongbae was doing. 
 
 
"KYAAAAHHHH!!!!" Sohee and Minzy were jumping up and down while Bom was hugging Jiyong. 
 
 
Yongbae: Would you think again if you could be my girlfriend?
 
 
Everybody in the studio froze. "WHAT?!!?" CL Exclaimed. 
 
"Jiyong..." Bom asked looking at Jiyong confused. 
 
Jiyong shook his head and smile. 
 
"I don't understand..." 
 
Everybody was looking at the screen while Yongbae was explaining. 
 
"He's thinking like Dara." Jiyong answered while everyone watched as Dara said yes. 
 
 
Dara: Yes ok? I'll agree to be your girlfriend. 
 
"Think about it, Dara always thinks forward. If Yongbae asked her to get married she would say no, because Dara will be thinking about our new album promotions and our world tour concert. but if he asks her to be his girlfriend again like what he has explained, Dara will have a loophole that anytime she pleases she can leave him again. Only, Yongbae will find a way for Dara not to have any reason to break up with her." Jiyong explained as the group listen. 
 
"OMO! Fireworks!" Sohee exclaimed pointing at the screen. 
 
 
"Whaa!!! Yongbae has gained my respect even more now. Going all through this but still managing to make the girl thinks she's in control. Whaa!! Daebak!" Teddy said clapping his hand as they watch the two seal the night with a kiss. 
 
 
Bom, getting all emotional from what she just watched excused herself. "Excuse me, I need to get some air." 
 
TOP's stare followed her as she left the room. Then, Jiyong signalled him to follow her. 
 
Top let out a sigh and left the room with people still in awe of everything that was happening in Manila. 
 
 
 
 
--- 
 
 
YG's POV 
 
 
 
Yongbae: Would you think again if you could be my girlfriend? 
 
 
Jinu, Sean and Psy are all in his office watching the live feed from Manila. He was taken aback when Yongbae knelt down but now, he was a little relieved that his daughter is not yet getting married. He likes Yongbae but as a President of a company and a producer, this engagement will kill the new album promotions and the concert. 
 
 
-flashback- 
 
"I might ask her to marry me." Yongbae said looking at him as they drove to the airport. 
 
 
He tightened his greep on the steering wheel. "Yongbae-ah, just make sure you've thought about it a hundred times before asking. And make sure you are prepared with the consequences." 
 
Honestly, that's the only advice he can think of. 
 
"Will you not allow it?" Yongbae asked hanging his head low. 
 
"I am not in any position to hinder in my daughter's happiness. Whichever makes her happy then its fine. But you have to think like Dara Yongbae. This is your last chance. So before you jump to any conclusions, you have to think Dara!" he said. 
 
-end of flashback- 
 
 
 
"I'm confused." Psy said looking at YG 
 
 
"What is Yongbae up to?" Jinu asked shaking his head. 
 
 
"All this just to ask her to be his girlfriend? He could've done that here in Korea!" Sean said. 
 
 
"Ani. Yongbae's smart." YG answered making the 3 guys look at him in bewilderment. "He's thinking like Dara." 
 
 
 
author's note:
 
up next.... Jealous Dara or jealous Yongbae? What do you think?